• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I rediscovered why Tales of Graces f is one of the funnier Tales games.

Saw this on the other thread. Good material for Out of Context Tales.

Speaking of Tales, i should hopefully get started on Berseria either this week or next week. I'm still playing through Ys 7 and i did just start my no-Blade summon run of Xenoblade 2 but eh, i can multi-task.

1 hour ago, Caster said:

I didn't know how to pick my route for chapter 26, so I ended up going A. 
I won't lie, I really, think this map is horribly designed. It's very obnoxious having go go up against several enemies I can't even see much less attack, and if they gang up on one person they are likely to die, even if I give them shields, so... bleh. Not a good time for me.

The B version happens to be worse:

• It's indoors.
  • You still have invisible enemies, all placed in the center room. 
  • Arkis is now forced into being an enemy in disguise and you have to free Rina from her prison before she can recruit him.
  • Enemies carry Thief Swords to steal your stuff up being hit, with no easy way for you to reclaim it.
  • There is now a strong bad guy with a Brave Sword.
  • The Thief heading for the move stat booster is difficult to stop.

But I totally agree that either way, 26 is bad. The idea of running a gauntlet of enemies isn't terrible, but making them invisible and unhittable is going too far.

--

Well, I'm one hex short of 100%ing Cauldros, just have to complete Lionheart. Shame I didn't actually explore it that much. I need to run around there later for fun.

And finally the Yggralith Zero has returned for the first time in months. In every ~four minutes I can get ~800 Tickets, so for the next three days, I'll burn through the 95 or Blade Medals I've accrued or more and make everything I could possibly want.

If you tried to make a level 60 Skell Superweapon through Tickets alone, it'd cost you nearly ~7000.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, I'm one hex short of 100%ing Cauldros, just have to complete Lionheart.

Have you filled out the hexes for the other continents?

10 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

^ Lol, this conversation lol'ed me hard when I saw it in my run.

Still most of Muzét's conversations are basically like this.

That's why Muzét is my favorite. XD

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

tenor.gif

*nod, nod*

While we're at it, we shouldn't forget about bazongas...

@Interdimensional Observer since i know you aren't starting Xenoblade 2's NG+ anytime soon, here's the Summon Introductions to the NG+ Blades (plus T-elos but you have her already)

(Video contains spoilers)

I'll see if i can find their Heart-to-Hearts as well (they don't have Blade Quests tho).

Xenoblade 2 spoilerinos 

Spoiler

Mikhail isn't on there, you can't get Mikhail until after he "dies". Unlike the other Blades though, it's actually implied that he survives his encounter with Amalthus.

And regarding T-elos' introduction, it's actually a reference to her introduction in Xenosaga Episode III. 

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

These are gold.

In exchange for showing me these, i'm gonna leave one of my favorite Xenoblade Heart-to-Hearts (they are very similar to Tales skits though you can only see them in specific places as opposed to whenever)

Edited by Armagon

Puzzles ugh

I am playing Crosscode atm, and while i really really really love the action...

too many freaking puzzles.

I was never fond of them, and this game just throws them at you, especially in dungeons.

2 hours ago, Zemuria said:

I see.

I probably never would have come up with this, but this combo sounds hilarious.

One of the things i really love about T776 is that it gives the player so many tools to play with. I love to load up a save file and just try/experiment.

Edited by Shrimperor

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I personally prefer Encloser over Deadeye. Deadeye misses too often for me to get any viable use out of it.

Personally, the only thing Deadeye is good for is aggroing enemies, since they'll only care that you attacked them - they won't care that you missed.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

So, in order to save me trouble of having to reset in order to avoid wasting seals (especially for the Master tier classes, as those seals aren't infinitely available), I always try to get their weapon ranks to the required level before attempting the tests.

Master Seals are infinitely available from Anna. The price tag, however, is more of a worry... That said, it's why most of the ones I've used thus far were stolen.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

That's why Muzét is my favorite. XD

*nod, nod*

Oh my god. Jude got trolled. And Milla's reaction to the whole debacle is gold.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Have you filled out the hexes for the other continents?

I was at ~85-92% for the various regions of Mira, But when I saw you said, this, I took a moment from what I was doing to go and fill in more hexes. Primordia is now at 100.00%! 🎖️🎖️🎖️

As for the rest:

• Noctilum- Two hexes left. Both in the Divine Roost.
  • Oblivia- One hex. It's related to one of the Affinity Missions I left for a minor narrative-characterization finish to my XCX playing.
  • Sylvalum- Luxaar's Xern must be destroyed. Beam Res and Mechanoid Slayer augments should make that possible it looks like.
  • Cauldros- Lionheart is the lone Affinity Mission whose initiation point isn't in NLA. Again, I just wanted to save it for later.
  • All six areas of NLA: 53-80%.

NLA's low completion is explained by me having barely done any Heart to Hearts. But it isn't a problem because I maxed everyone's affinity already, I'm just choosing to end things on a peaceful characterization note, rather than battle.

It isn't super challenging to fill in all the hexes in these in the postgame. The Tyrants that you must slay to fill in the survey includes not every level 60+ "superboss" that'd annihilate a player without proper strategy/Augments even if they had a freshly crafted 60 Skell/Ares 90. But, the absolute strongest superboss in the game is required for the Miran survey.

Not required for the survey either are the super-extra secret Tyrants. What am I talking about? Tell me, could you find with no guide of any kind, nor any readily found if at all extant hint in the game, the Tyrant that only appears in the skies above Sylvalum during Spore weather?

• -Though putting it on the survey wouldn't make it such a secret, because you'd know it could be located in a very well-defined area. And it is possible you'd then hear a clue from an NPC that'd tell you its hex, name and its appearance conditions.

By the way, this is one level 92 superboss's set of attacks. It was the last thing I had to do to 100% Primordia. It very nearly destroyed my Ares unprepared to to survive it.:

Art Attribute Category Hits Range Effect Appendage Homing
Stomp Physical Melee 1 Circle around foot Topple Feet -
Tail Swing Physical Melee 1 Circle around caster Topple Tail -
Drill Stomp Gravity Melee 1 Circle around caster Topple - -
Dino Mortar Thermal Ranged 1 Sphere around target Blaze, Topple - Yes
Multi Dino Mortar Thermal Ranged 4 Multiple Topple - Yes
Inferno Missile Thermal Ranged 6 Single Topple - Yes
Roar Physical Ranged 1 Sphere around caster Thermal Res Down, Topple - -

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

since i know you aren't starting Xenoblade 2's NG+ anytime soon, here's the Summon Introductions to the NG+ Blades (plus T-elos but you have her already)

Thank you! They didn't skip for flash on these, especially Akhos, though I wouldn't have thought Obrona's so playful. Cressidus has a TP Beast Ganon semblance to him too.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

In exchange for showing me these, i'm gonna leave one of my favorite Xenoblade Heart-to-Hearts (they are very similar to Tales skits though you can only see them in specific places as opposed to whenever)

I think I picked the bottom option on this one. And though I can't remember all HtHs, I do recall liking the one where Morag and Brighid try to cook. The contrast of strict military language with the unserious situation of cooking lent itself to good humor.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh believe me, there's plenty of that. Here's a gem from Xillia:

:facepalm:

That went a bit out of my comfort zone for me to enjoy (and the Sophie one earlier is so juvenile), but I can understand the funnies from these. I can't exactly remember my favorite humorous Tales skit, though the ToS2 one where Raine and Genis Prism Stars on Tenebrae I do remember.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, the absolute strongest superboss in the game is required for the Miran survey.

Ah, and that's why you've been preping for the Endbringer fight.

By the way, this is one level 92 superboss's set of attacks. It was the last thing I had to do to 100% Primordia. It very nearly destroyed my Ares unprepared to to survive it.:

Art Attribute Category Hits Range Effect Appendage Homing
Stomp Physical Melee 1 Circle around foot Topple Feet -
Tail Swing Physical Melee 1 Circle around caster Topple Tail -
Drill Stomp Gravity Melee 1 Circle around caster Topple - -
Dino Mortar Thermal Ranged 1 Sphere around target Blaze, Topple - Yes
Multi Dino Mortar Thermal Ranged 4 Multiple Topple - Yes
Inferno Missile Thermal Ranged 6 Single Topple - Yes
Roar Physical Ranged 1 Sphere around caster Thermal Res Down, Topple - -

Well this kinda doesn't really tell me anything. Some of the effects look nasty but i'm not really getting a feel for how strong this thing was.

And though I can't remember all HtHs, I do recall liking the one where Morag and Brighid try to cook. The contrast of strict military language with the unserious situation of cooking lent itself to good humor.

Ay, another good one. I like how that one slightly changes depending on what weapon Morag has equipped. It's a nice touch.

And speaking of Heart-to-Hearts, i found all the NG+ ones (spoilers)

Spoiler

You might have to skip ahead a few seconds on some of them as the videos don't begin with the HtHs.