The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

@Shrimperor i'm gonna add to what DragonFlames said about Hubert's Dark Magic. Dark Magic and Black Magic are two different things in this game. It's weird. Black Magic is stuff like Fire, Thunder, etc. Dark Magic are the spells with the Greek symbols at the end (plus Dark Spikes). The only other Dark Magic user in the game is Lysethia (although i hear Edelgard learns it if reclassed into a mage class. Need to confirm that tho). 

But anyway, Hubert's only getting the skills that make Dark Magic better if he's in the Dark Mage/Dark Bishop classes. And Lysethia just doesn't get that as those two classes are male only.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Armagon said:

@Shrimperor i'm gonna add to what DragonFlames said about Hubert's Dark Magic. Dark Magic and Black Magic are two different things in this game. It's weird. Black Magic is stuff like Fire, Thunder, etc. Dark Magic are the spells with the Greek symbols at the end (plus Dark Spikes). The only other Dark Magic user in the game is Lysethia (although i hear Edelgard learns it if reclassed into a mage class. Need to confirm that tho). 

But anyway, Hubert's only getting the skills that make Dark Magic better if he's in the Dark Mage/Dark Bishop classes. And Lysethia just doesn't get that as those two classes are male only.

I trained Edelgard in Reason to see what kind of spells she learns last playthrough. I got her to B-rank, I believe, and she learned both Black Magic (Fire and Thunder) and at least one Dark Magic spell: Luna.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

which you can only get by killing/stealing from the DK.

yeah rip Dark Mage

I also already got Thoron on Dorothea 😄

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dark Magic and Black Magic are two different things in this game. It's weird. Black Magic is stuff like Fire, Thunder, etc.

Black is basically anima then

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Black is basically anima then

Yup. They're just both tied to the same weapon skill.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah rip Dark Mage

I'm tempted to tell you something, but I'm not sure if I should, because of spoilers. I'm going to write it down and you can decide for yourself if you want to see it:

The bigger spoiler:

The Death Knight actually appears again later, so you still have another chance at getting the seal. By the time he appears, it should be possible to kill him relatively safely

and (the smaller spoiler)

There is a Dark Knight class, which has Dark Tomefaire, which boosts Dark Magic damage by 5. You just need to train the character you want to be one in both Lances and Riding in addition to Reason. To have a 100% chance at passing the exam, you need C-rank in Lances, A-rank in Reason and A-rank in Riding.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I trained Edelgard in Reason to see what kind of spells she learns last playthrough. I got her to B-rank, I believe, and she learned both Black Magic (Fire and Thunder) and at least one Dark Magic spell: Luna.

As expected, Edelgard's spell list is pretty lackluster but Luna is very good (literally the only reason why i won the final battle of Golden Deer)

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah rip Dark Mage

Mmm not completely. You'll get one in the War Phase but only on Crimson Flower.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah not clicking on those spoilers xD

That's why they're there.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As expected, Edelgard's spell list is pretty lackluster but Luna is very good (literally the only reason why i won the final battle of Golden Deer)

My most likely reason I'll win the final battle of the Golden Deer route won't be that spell with how Lysithea's level ups have been going so far. XP

Who needs Dark Bishops anyway when you have flying Bernie of doom

inb4 she gets bad lvlups from now on

If you made her a flier, then certain base stats and growth modifiers will save her, even if her level ups suck from now on.
Fliers are ridiculously broken in Three Houses.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

If you made her a flier, then certain base stats will save her.
Fliers are ridiculously broken in Three Houses.

I did. Flying + Bow/Lance Focus.

Basically Fates flying duddetes

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This reminds me of my 10-move Kinshi Knight Mozu I used in a Revelation playthrough... I realized I didn't know the true meaning of Game Breaker until that very moment.

Ah yes, Mozu, the only unit that could kill reliably kill stuff on Conquest Lunatic.
A run that got ended by me not wanting to play on that small screen anymore + my youngest brother overwriting my lunatic save file with a Phoenix/Normal file xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Ah yes, Mozu, the only unit that could kill reliably kill stuff on Conquest Lunatic.
A run that got ended by me not wanting to play on that small screen anymore + my youngest brother overwriting my lunatic save file with a Phoenix/Normal file xD

Ouch. XD

While we are on the subject of Christmas. Here's a message from your Christmas tree:
kK88geJ.jpg

Umu, UMU

UMU

UMU

Edit: oh wait wrong Saber xD

Yes, I'm sorry! My sig is a lie. It's just a cute picture, I'm sorry if I led you astray, besides the name on the link 😛

Killer Queen has already touched that reply button.

Anyway I'm on the last chapter of Crimson Flower, but I'm not finishing it now because Chapter 17 took longer than expected and I have work to do. When it's done I'll finally be able to talk about Three Houses' plot in a mostly informed manner (Silver Snow aside, I'll get to that later), but at the moment I have a paper to write.

But on a tangent, one of Edie's advice box notes says that light from the Blue Sea Star takes millions of years to reach Fódlan, as determined by astronomical research. Does this mean that Fódlan's astronomers have already determined the speed of light and stellar distances? The speed of light wasn't accurately determined in our world until 1899. Science is truly amazing...

Rhea at the end of CF be like

Edited by Lightchao42