The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah but being able to cheese a boss is the best part of any game.

That, too.

For instance, it's so damn satisfying to just snipe away at Takumi on the Great Wall of "Conquest has good game design, I swear!" with a Spy' Shuriken and/or Spy's Yumi from the My Castle rewards without him ever being able to do anything back.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Armagon said:

Well the only way they can is by using Gambits but the very limited number of uses makes it not ideal for attacking a single enemy.

Exactly.
The limited uses of Gambits is also the reason the whole monster stuff kind of falls flat on its face. You need Gambits to safely break the barriers without risking death in return, because someone thought it was a good idea to give the especially hard hitting ones crit against every unit you have. But nearly every Gambit can only be used once or twice. If a map has multiple monsters, good luck.
It's easily my least favorite part of the game, to be honest.

Why ;(

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

To this day, I don't get the point of that map at all. It's probably the most pointless map in the entire game from a pure story perspective.

Reveal hidden contents

And I'm still salty that this map is on three routes, while the GOD DAMNED BATTLE THE GAME WAS ADVERTISED WITH is only on two.

Honestly 2-1 in FE10 is even a worse example of a low men map.

1 minute ago, Zemuria said:

I guess chapter 13 shall intensify the bond between avatar and lord?

Even then, I agree, it is not a justification to make a map like this.

My guess is that they wanted to reintroduce the students from your chosen house on an actual map instead of just having them appear at the monastery. Still, they could have gone about it better, I think.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dm50C5kUcAAnfvM.jpeg

@Interdimensional Observer looks like it's now Xenogears that has a higher chance of getting a remake/remaster.

Man, I was hoping Xenoblade's popularity would have an effect on the older Xeno games but if it did, at least in the case of Xenosaga, it wasn't enough.

So ein mist!

Monsters usually aren't that bad other than the Sothis paralogue, you can usually aggro them separately. Not to mention the slightest terrain impediment (how does four little steps bring Godzilla to a halt?) or a 1 space chokepoint stops their fight zone cold. And, breaking all their armor is uncalled for unless you want the ore, just one section is fine. Only the spear of light ones were particularly deadly to me.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

On a scale of one to ten: How f***ed would you be if you stood on the roof of that building?
MzVzs7f.jpg

The artstyle reminded me of a recently released game called 13 Sentinels:

003.jpg

Which got a very NSFW PS4 wallpaper in Japan. It's the last image on this page scrolling down. https://personacentral.com/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-ps4-theme-change/

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

looks like it's now Xenogears that has a higher chance of getting a remake/remaster.

Man, I was hoping Xenoblade's popularity would have an effect on the older Xeno games but if it did, at least in the case of Xenosaga, it wasn't enough.

Xenogears has a higher chance? Yeowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwch! What has a higher than a speck of dust above nil?

Given more niche RPGs exist, see a ton of what NISA publishes, I wouldn't say there is absolutely no profitability, just not enough of a profit margin for Bandai Namco. -Or so I'd like to think.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Spoiler

So ein Mist!

The grammar Nazi says: Nouns start with a small capital letter.

Spoiler

My guess is that they wanted to reintroduce the students from your chosen house on an actual map instead of just having them appear at the monastery. Still, they could have gone about it better, I think.

Would make sense to me.

17 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Why ;(

Honestly 2-1 in FE10 is even a worse example of a low men map.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True, that map was pretty bad, too.
But at least 2-1 in FE10 served a purpose in the story. Non-CF Chapter 13, on the other hand, does not.

I hate low man maps in general. Too much chance for shit to go wrong.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

So ein mist!

I was curious as to what this meant and it turns out this is what Wario is actually saying in the older Mario Party games and not "doh i missed".

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Given more niche RPGs exist, see a ton of what NISA publishes, I wouldn't say there is absolutely no profitability, just not enough of a profit margin for Bandai Namco. -Or so I'd like to think.

Yeah iirc, the Xenosaga trilogy was considered a financial underperformance by Namco so in hindsight, a remaster not meeting their desired profit margins does make sense.  But it still hurts. 

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was curious as to what this meant and it turns out this is what Wario is actually saying in the older Mario Party games and not "doh i missed".

Also, it means something along the lines of "Aw crap!"

Edited by Shadow Mir

I'm not the only one who thinks the relics don't live up to their in-story reputation, am I? I think the Crusher and Aymr in particular are especially lackluster, to say nothing of the combat arts attached to the relics themselves generally not being worth it.

13 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'm not the only one who thinks the relics don't live up to their in-story reputation, am I? I think the Crusher and Aymr in particular are especially lackluster, to say nothing of the combat arts attached to the relics themselves generally not being worth it.

Nah, that's a fairly popular opinion.

Seems kind of funny looking back that people were worried that Crest units were going to be a lot better than non crest units like in FE4 with holy blood.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Really? I find Aymr to be too freaking op, especially it's combat art which is basically a free Galeforce, and Sword of the Creator helps alot, especially against enemies with high res who resist Levin Sword and Magic.

And honestly, it's better this way than another FE4 where only holy blood units are useable and dominate the game

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Really? I find Aymr to be too freaking op, especially it's combat art which is basically a free Galeforce, and Sword of the Creator helps alot, especially against enemies with high res who resist Levin Sword and Magic.

And honestly, it's better this way than another FE4 where only holy blood units are useable and dominate the game

The Sword of the Creator is fine, but Aymr, not so much, considering it has crappy hit.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'd argue that any legendary weapon that isn't FE4's Holy Weapons don't live up to their reputation. Not to say that the weapons can't be good but there tends to be better alternatives. 

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Really? I find Aymr to be too freaking op, especially it's combat art which is basically a free Galeforce,

Well the main drawback if Amyr's Galeforce effect is that it costs 4 durability to use and the resources to repair Amyr can only be gotten from one chapter (not counting auxiliary maps).

@DragonFlamesMy Caspar and a Bonus Dorothea

Spoiler

YtEON6m.jpg
iGJRnZn.jpg

Also man, Edel's chapter is gonna be a bitch

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well the main drawback if Amyr's Galeforce effect is that it costs 4 durability to use and the resources to repair Amyr can only be gotten from one chapter (not counting auxiliary maps).

Such a op ability should be rightfully limited, and on that map where you can get the repair materials it gives you enough to repair it multipe times iirc.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also, the accuracy is rather iffy.