The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...With Us/Stalwarts unite? It's my fav. xD

I deadass forgot about the Tellius recruitment themes. But yeah, those are pretty cool too.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

The final boss of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is so freaking epic. The scenario, the music, the design, the area in which you fight it, the pretty much everything else...

But then it goes down in just a few hits, because you need pretty much maxed out Digimon to clear what is probably meant to be postgame stuff, but is available and beatable before going to the final boss. At which point the final boss becomes a joke.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Have fun^^

Thank you!
I'll never not have fun when I'm playing my favorite games! ^^

50 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

I have played a bit Nights of Azure 2 today.

Must say it is more fun because easier to play for me than FFF simply because the game does not want to teach me mulltiple things at once I forget immediately. 

Also being an action RPG is another pro.

Just in case you've been worrying about it: You do not need to play the original Nights of Azure to understand the story in this one, despite it being a sequel.
It does a pretty good job of catching you up on what's going on and what went down in the last game. Only disadvantage to playing the sequel first is that you'll get spoiled on the twist at the end of the first game.

Also, a tip if you want (spoilers just in case):

Make sure to complete Christophorus' requests whenever they pop up.

Edited by DragonFlames
added spoiler tags for safety

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Kaga. This isn't the 90s anymore. You gotta tell me these things.

Are you sure? You sure it wasn't something actually told anywhere? Like visiting a house (I checked that map, it has tons of houses, none are visit-able for info?), or so.

Accurate Discription of my current BL Team, stat wise:

Playboy Edelgard

Fast Edelgard

Flier Edelgard

Punch Edelgard

Sniper Edelgard

Tank Edelgard

Slow Hubie

Healer Hubie

The difference is like going from Dawn Brigade (BE) to Greil Mercenaries xD

And Character wise, i am really really digging this class

except maybe Dududu

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Are you sure? You sure it wasn't something actually told anywhere? Like visiting a house (I checked that map, it has tons of houses, none are visit-able for info?), or so.

Nope. The houses on the left just tell you about getting into the city while the right houses give you some cool items.

Well, if I ever get the game, you bet I'll check it thoroughly.

On the other hand, even with just what is available, I can understand the logic that, if the two don't want to be there, then having to attack someone who can't fight back can be the push they need. Knowing who exactly to send may be the problem; but then they talked specifically over who they didn't want to fight against.

THough again, it's something I'd be checking it out.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the other hand, even with just what is available, I can understand the logic that, if the two don't want to be there, then having to attack someone who can't fight back can be the push they need.

They said something about "we'll look for the right moment and then we'll slip away" so i just assumed that it meant they left after a certain turn. Nothing ever suggested that i do otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They said something about "we'll look for the right moment and then we'll slip away" so i just assumed that it meant they left after a certain turn. Nothing ever suggested that i do otherwise.

I saw the dialogue. They do talk not wanting to fight against the side they were hired to betray. I, at least, would consider to try sending someone belonging to that side to fight, or at least see if a Talk commands shows up or something.

---

Maybe it's all the SRW I've done; but I'm used to triggering stuff doing all sorts of things.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

2) Sure, loosing a unit you've invested for a while can suck... but he's still just one unit. Game doesn't become unwinnable; and in the remote chance Kaze was your only trained unit outside Corrin... well, that's more player error than game error and Birthright is the game that allows you for endless grinding so getting everyone else up to par is possible. Having to do it could be considered the punishment for neglecting them. In that remote chance. Otherwise... rest of party should be in shape to go on.

The thing is, losing a unit that you've heavily invested in can suck. And while you can try to train up a replacement, there's no guarantee that the replacement would grow to be on the level of or surpass the unit you lost. And this is ignoring the potential issue of the replacements possibly being too poor to last long themselves. (Which explains why FE players in general reset if they lose a unit, as it's easier to just restart than to try to train up a replacement that's not guaranteed to surpass the unit you lost.) Worst of all, there's no warning about this, UNLESS you happened to marry Kaze to someone before chapter 15 and noticed that Midori's paralogue didn't open, while other children's paralogues open immediately, which is VERY easy for a new player to miss. And that STILL doesn't tell them what they have to do to prevent it (have Kaze get an A support with Corrin).

4) True Endings they may be; but game is still beatable with or without unlocking them. If the player couldn't unlock the true end on the first try, well, that's the goal for a second playthrough, applying what they learned from the first. Besides, if the True Ending was meant to be the first ending you'd see... then they wouldn't be unlockable. They'd be the default ending instead. Of course you'd have to work for an unlockable ending.

Perhaps, but true endings tend to be Guide Dang Its.

3) Being paralogues they're already optional. Besides, this also applies the "look through it once to learn; if you couldn't deal with it, now you know for the second try".

That's true, but still, a new player probably wouldn't catch on to the fact that paralogue levels are tied to story progression.

5) Whenever your party is replaced, at least at first, you're never thrown in a situation where your new party is unable to continue the game, as they'd start with base stats (save for any transfer bonus from PoR you did) against enemies scaled accordingly. The thing about many Part 1 units not rejoining with the rest could be a valid point; except that most of them join in the latter half, which means you'd have to have used some of the other units first. Also, between the Bargains and Base Conversations, you're given stuff to compensate. Perhaps this was something addressed in localization, since the Prf weapons of the Dawn Brigade were added to overseas releases, likely on that very chance you mentioned of not being trained properly beforehand. In the off-chance you were deliberately ignoring them in the first half... well, that's once again player error than the game's. It's expected to face consequences.

A new player probably wouldn't be careful about overusing any powerful allies they get. Which would be particularly bad here as most of the powerful units you get in part 1 either wane as the game progresses (Sothe, Volug) or go away for a long time (Tauroneo, Tormod, Muarim, Vika, Nailah, the BK). Now, this doesn't hurt Nailah because she's broken, but the others, not so much, especially Tormod and the other two, who don't return until part 4, by which point they're hopelessly outclassed by the other units, as well as the enemies. And all this is putting aside that Radiant Dawn is absolutely merciless to newcomers to begin with. Remember when it was blasted for being hard even on Easy mode? Yeah...

1) Admittedly, I can't really tell well this; but I'm pretty sure Lucina can be a viable unit no matter the mother, even the Maiden. Though by Ch11 I'd think even a blind first-time playthrough is going to have Chrom with at least C rank with someone. There's also the fact that Lucian is, well, just one unit.

Still, this is something that can easily catch someone off guard on a first run, especially if they were planning on having him marry someone specific.

TL;DR The Fire Emblem series has a really bad track record when it comes to not holding back crucial info a player would need to not get screwed over.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

TL;DR The Fire Emblem series has a really bad track record when it comes to not holding back crucial info a player would need to not get screwed over.

I think the only scenario that I would consider crucial is Kaze's. The rest really don't screw the player over. The games are supposed to have replayability. Missing some characters or not getting the true ending shouldn't be considered a negative on a first playthrough.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

The thing is, losing a unit that you've heavily invested in can suck. And while you can try to train up a replacement, there's no guarantee that the replacement would grow to be on the level of or surpass the unit you lost. And this is ignoring the potential issue of the replacements possibly being too poor to last long themselves. (Which explains why FE players in general reset if they lose a unit, as it's easier to just restart than to try to train up a replacement that's not guaranteed to surpass the unit you lost.) Worst of all, there's no warning about this, UNLESS you happened to marry Kaze to someone before chapter 15 and noticed that Midori's paralogue didn't open, while other children's paralogues open immediately, which is VERY easy for a new player to miss. And that STILL doesn't tell them what they have to do to prevent it (have Kaze get an A support with Corrin).

Once again, Birthright is much more lenient on you when it comes to availability of resources. You can prep up a replacement without issue. Which, again, would be just one unit. This isn't Hector Hard Mode, where deployment slots can be hard to come by.

Perhaps, but true endings tend to be Guide Dang Its.

They wouldn't be true endings otherwise. You're suppose to work for them; and it has to be a challenge, otherwise you could stumble across it by fluke; and it beats the purpose of the game having a standard ending if the True ending was an easy alternative.

That's true, but still, a new player probably wouldn't catch on to the fact that paralogue levels are tied to story progression.

What? Very rare a paralogue is tied to story progression. If they were, they wouldn't be paralogues.

A new player probably wouldn't be careful about overusing any powerful allies they get. Which would be particularly bad here as most of the powerful units you get in part 1 either wane as the game progresses (Sothe, Volug) or go away for a long time (Tauroneo, Tormod, Muarim, Vika, Nailah, the BK). Now, this doesn't hurt Nailah because she's broken, but the others, not so much, especially Tormod and the other two, who don't return until part 4, by which point they're hopelessly outclassed by the other units, as well as the enemies. And all this is putting aside that Radiant Dawn is absolutely merciless to newcomers to begin with. Remember when it was blasted for being hard even on Easy mode? Yeah...

Even for Volug you have to wait until 1-5. What would you be doing up to that point, only using Sothe? In that case, it is more the player's fault for neglecting everyone else; and so deserve the struggle. Even then, it's not a complete loss. As I said, 3-6 gives you stuff to compensate for the loss of many units... and even Volug's half-shift skill (Formshift?) can now be removed, which means that liability is now gone.

Eh, no, don't remember. It was considered hard even on Easy? Easy always felt for me... well, easy. Even back then in... 2009 or 2010 or so, when I played RD for the first time. Or maybe it was placebo, since in Japan it was named Normal, renamed Easy for overseas. Or placebo to others, thinking it wasn't called Easy in Japan. Or so. Though that may be the point. The Japanese didn't considered it Easy, rather as Normal. It's all about perspective.

Still, this is something that can easily catch someone off guard on a first run, especially if they were planning on having him marry someone specific.

If they planned to, then by Ch11 they'd already have long gotten more than just a C rank on their spouse of choice. Things like child units were long advertised. Quite heavily so.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

This will never be not Hype

Spoiler

SPOILER_20200102_235317.jpg

2 hours ago, Quiyonce said:

I think the only scenario that I would consider crucial is Kaze's. The rest really don't screw the player over.

And anytime stuff like ambush reinforcements happens. Or Warp tiles. Or FE6 True end bs.

2 hours ago, Quiyonce said:

The games are supposed to have replayability.

Not everyone has the time or wants to replay games. Except for some FE (basically, CQ and Three houses), i usually never replay games either. So hiding stuff for ''lol replay it'' is dumb.

There are other stuff that makes games replayble, like customization, variety, difficulties, route splits, etc.

But not hiding stuff from player.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You're suppose to work for them; and it has to be a challenge

Yes, but there should be hint in the game and a way for the player to find about it, and not just random stuff people only find out by luck or ''Google it''. 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yes, but there should be hint in the game and a way for the player to find about it, and not just random stuff people only find out by luck or ''Google it''. 

In many cases, there is.

The thing to define is how much the game has to tell you; and how much you must work it out on your own.

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, that one. Is that the one that eats the Element Orbs? Because you're not supposed to use Blade Combos on it.

Even if I don't, it uses an art that turns damage into HP, which is really hard to see coming and if it uses it while i'm mid art, there's nothing I can do. And getting stuck in this loop for an hour or so is annoying, I get It down to less than half, then I heal it pretty much back to max. Oh and of course it causes the doom status, so I have to waste an accessory slot blocking that as well. To be fair, I've beaten this before, but I want to be able to do it without luck this time.

20 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Accurate Discription of my current BL Team, stat wise:

Playboy Edelgard

Fast Edelgard

Flier Edelgard

Punch Edelgard

Sniper Edelgard

Tank Edelgard

Slow Hubie

Healer Hubie

The difference is like going from Dawn Brigade (BE) to Greil Mercenaries xD

And Character wise, i am really really digging this class

except maybe Dududu

Blue Lions OP.

Character-wise, the Blue Lions are my absolute favorites.

6 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Why is Kempf called America overall?

I do not get the reference at all.

In the previous translation, he apparently said "You fell into my trap... in America!" which was most likely a reference to LittleKuriboh's web series Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged, where the character Bandit Keith would end most of his sentences with "in America!", because he was a hardcore American patriot. Until it turns out he's actually Canadian.
See here:

That something like this being included in Fire Emblem became a meme is pretty much self-explanatory, really.

I've been fallen for a mistake by SF in the FE5's recruitments. 

I lost Mareeta, Galzus......and so my entire run. 

Mareeta ORKO'ed the final boss in my completed run. 

Anyways Kempf would be amusing, if the background was less serious. Seriously he's one of the most despicable people in Fire Emblem. 

Edited by Zemuria