The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

@Lightchao42 @lightcosmo so uh, i need to make a confession. Your names are so similar that i accidentally did a mixup. Since i wanted to follow up on the Rotbart thing that Lightcosmo posted, I accidentally tagged Lightchao thinking he was Lightcosmo. But you're both Xenoblade fans so it worked out in the end.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of Xenoblade and Three Houses, fighting the Death Knight in Mercedes's paralogue reminded me...

Ah yes, Torna ~ The Golden Country. Also known as "Mythra gets bullied by everyone: the game".

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Question, what's your favorite place to explore? I really like Uraya's weather, but Tantal is also beautiful, so I'm torn between both.

Oooh, tough question. Uraya and Tantal are beautiful but Gormott's also fantastic and Leftheria is a unique aquatic-themed area. Then the World Tree is a bit too linear but i just love the aesthetic. And of course, the music to all of these areas is fantastic (though i'm not too big a fan of Uraya Night and Tantal Night).

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Lightchao42 @lightcosmo so uh, i need to make a confession. Your names are so similar that i accidentally did a mixup. Since i wanted to follow up on the Rotbart thing that Lightcosmo posted, I accidentally tagged Lightchao thinking he was Lightcosmo. But you're both Xenoblade fans so it worked out in the end.

Ah yes, Torna ~ The Golden Country. Also known as "Mythra gets bullied by everyone: the game".

It's fine, this reminds me of the time when the admin of a Minecraft server I frequented always called me Lightning, even when there was someone actually named Lightning playing at the same time so it was hard to tell who he was referring to.

P.S. Please leave Mythra alone.

Edited by Lightchao42

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

God, i hope so. Explorers of Sky was peak Mystery Dungeon. One of the best games i've ever played.

The DX announcement really makes me want to replay Explorers. It's really sad the Mystery Dungeon games kinda fell off after Sky.

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Sure. Getting all the students without NG+ is just impractical, frankly

I used so many resources trying to get all the kids in my first run through only to realize too late that Ferdinand and his stupid armor requirement were support locked.

I still haven't played 3 out of 4 of my Xmas games yet. I'm waiting for the next Bloodstained update sometime this month, but I've just been really really finicky on my mood for starting LM3 and DQXI.

Nonetheless, I have found the mood to a TearRing Saga females-only playthrough. That has included 41 turns spent arena grinding for this.

Tear-Ring-Saga-2020-01-11-22-42-39.png

40 is the level cap. Her Skl, Spd, Lck, Mag, and Mastery are all capped. With that Salia Codex there, her Str growth is 25% with a 1 base, and her Def is a 23% growth with a 0 base.

She learns Astra at level 40, which she will never reach normally. That is very bizarre, but because it is so weird, I decided to go for it.

And once I revive her, I intend to arena grind this girl up too, Lina.:

ts-rina.gif

A level 1 Cavalier who joins in Chapter 26 of 40 (less than it seems b/c Holmes and Runan are always apart. She only has 6 chapters at most of usability left.

She has Paragon, but even then, she's not exactly worth training. Why? Because she has a 10% Str growth. The Salia Codex buffs that to a mere 20%, still bad. 10% Def growth is not as bad relatively speaking, but still bad too for someone who needs a lot of training. The rest of her growths are good, but a 10% Move growth (tied with Leonie and the highest of the very few characters with a growth here) is her one truly unique thing.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oooh, tough question. Uraya and Tantal are beautiful but Gormott's also fantastic and Leftheria is a unique aquatic-themed area. Then the World Tree is a bit too linear but i just love the aesthetic. And of course, the music to all of these areas is fantastic (though i'm not too big a fan of Uraya Night and Tantal Night).

It's fine, dont worry about it!

Hey, I actually think Mythra is very well written in Torna, it shows how caring she really is. 

So... which one is it? 

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sorry, i cant do that.

@Armagon

Why did you fight that level 81 elite monster with your level 10 team? 

Or have you been too careless that it caught you by surprise (as it happened to me multiple times)? 

I have to be honest here, I let the monster get me on purpose just to listen to the awesome theme, even if it only lasted for like ten seconds at best. 

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's ok, she's still best girl.

51 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, I actually think Mythra is very well written in Torna, it shows how caring she really is. 

Indeed.

47 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

@Armagon

Or have you been too careless that it caught you by surprise (as it happened to me multiple times)? 

I have to be honest here, I let the monster get me on purpose just to listen to the awesome theme, even if it only lasted for like ten seconds at best. 

I booted up my save and took a few steps and Rotbart was like "surprise" and I died.

...i should check skills more often.

Just had to reset a Map because i totally overlooked the boss had a Pavise xD

Worst thing is, i had the units to account for it nearby, but i went full yolo mode :facepalm:

Also, is it me, or does Ingrid's dismounted sword crit animation look like Leif's crit animation?

Edited by Shrimperor

To elaborate on Mythra: in the original story, you dont get to learn very much about her, to be honest she isnt even in that many scenes. That, to me, was a bit disappointing. I just believe they did an excellent job with her character considering there wasn't a whole lot to work with. I know they tease her a lot, and I feel pretty bad for her, especially about her "cooking".

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's ok, she's still best girl.

Indeed.

I booted up my save and took a few steps and Rotbart was like "surprise" and I died.

This is what makes Gormott great, you know he's always waiting there for you, with a nice, warm welcome.

Edited by lightcosmo

19 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

...how much STR does your Hilda have for this xD

because wow

She got some levels since then, but I think she was at 31. She had an attack-boosting battalion as well as Death Blow, though. And the combat art she used adds quite a lot of attack, as well.
She would have done even more damage had I used her Relic, but I decided against it, because I found it more stylish this way.

19 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait Flayn one shotting is rare?

According to some folks it is.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Worst thing is, i had the units to account for it nearby, but i went full yolo mode :facepalm:

Oof.

---

Dark Knight Lysithea is madness. Madness, I say!
It's just a shame she got Speed-screwed, or else she'd be even more useful. As it stands now, she gets doubled by a wide variety of enemies, which does compromise her high movement a bit. Still, 7 move plus 5 range on every spell is... wow. Never thought I'd say this, but I am liking her as a Dark Knight. Quite a bit, in fact.

Another great unit I have is Flayn as a Gremory. She's practically Lysithea 2.0. Double uses on every spell she can use, 3 range on every offensive spell due to her Relic staff (4 range if I get her to S-rank in either Reason or Faith), equal Magic to Lysithea AND the highest Resistance on my team means she's my go-to unit to get rid of those pesky enemy mages that cause quite a lot of trouble for my physical units.
And I have to ask again: HOW is her Reason spell list bad? She one-shots fliers with Excalibur (something every other unit not using a Silver Bow or named Hilda struggles with), she doubles and deletes enemies with a simple Wind spell. I don't see what's supposed to be "bad" about that.

And then there's Marianne, whom I made a Mortal Savant for this playthrough. First of all, love the dark blue get-up. It looks amazing. Second of all: she critted and killed the boss of her Paralogue, removing his last HP bar in a single hit. Yup.
And, funnily enough, just like Shrimperor's Annette (who is also a Mortal Savant), she's at 20 Speed right now.

On the other side of the fence, Catherine got no less than four blank level ups in a row, Shamir hasn't been levelling well, either. If it weren't for their monstrous bases, I would have had to bench them at this point. And Claude is starting to fall off a bit, as well.
And my Byleth never really got going. I somehow managed to get him to Warmaster, but he's so god damned slow! Why is Byleth always getting Speed-screwed for me? Why?!?
For reference, he's level 33 now and still stuck at 24 Speed, which WOULD be 22 if I didn't give him the only Speedwing you can get in the entire game. To avoid having him be a liability instead of an asset, I had to give him a Speed Ring (accessory that increases Speed by 2) and the skill Speed +2.

Edited by DragonFlames

11 hours ago, Zemuria said:

@Armagon

Ambushed. Hey, it happened to all of us. ...Except I got lucky and had my partner one shotted instead of who I was controlling and got to bail.

Edited by Shadow Mir

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So ein mist!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

HOW is her Reason spell list bad?

She doesn't learn anything special or anything more than 2 Range

For Example, Dorothea has Thoron and Meteor

Lys has early Dark Spikes

Lys and Hubie learn dark Magic, which comes with status effects. (And in Hubie's case with more range as well)

Flayn and Annette's best offensive spell is Excalibur. Which isn't bad, but is just a normal 2 range spell with high Mt. Flying effectiveness doesn't matter that much.

just like Shrimperor's Annette (who is also a Mortal Savant), she's at 20 Speed right now.

25 now 😛

Or was it 26 hmmm

Why is Byleth always getting Speed-screwed for me? Why?!?

All my 3 Byleth were fast so far....

But are also as frail as a paper. Probably the most frail FE mc i ever had xD

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why is this meme suddenly everywhere xD

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Even more so than Eirika?

On the other side of the fence, Catherine got no less than four blank level ups in a row, Shamir hasn't been levelling well, either. If it weren't for their monstrous bases, I would have had to bench them at this point. And Claude is starting to fall off a bit, as well.
And my Byleth never really got going.

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

She doesn't learn anything special or anything more than 2 Range

For Example, Dorothea has Thoron and Meteor

Lys has early Dark Spikes

Lys and Hubie learn dark Magic, which comes with status effects. (And in Hubie's case with more range as well)

Flayn and Annette's best offensive spell is Excalibur. Which isn't bad, but is just a normal 2 range spell with high Mt. Flying effectiveness doesn't matter that much.

I say if it works, it works. For me, Dorothea, Hubert, Lysithea and Marianne having access to other spells that can do other stuff and/or have more range doesn't automatically make Flayn and Annette's spell lists "bad" by any stretch of the imagination. They would be bad if they were blatantly unusable or brought more disadvantages than advantages. But since they very clearly ARE usable, perfectly so, in fact, and their (only!) disadvantage (no 3+ range) isn't exactly something that makes them unviable as units (and can be mitigated by very easily acquired items), I'd say calling their spells "bad" is a massive overstatement.

Also, just for clarification: I didn't pose that question to you directly (since I don't remember you saying that they were bad). It's more of a general question I have because I keep reading that Annette and Flayn have "bad" spell lists without ever seeing any reasoning for it.

25 now 😛

Or was it 26 hmmm

That moment when lowering your Speed growth makes you level Speed more often. XD

Think slow and frail and you have my current Byleth. Dude gets one-rounded by Swordmasters.
If Hilda wasn't a broken goddess (she's the Re;Birth 1 Neptune Break spam of this game, I swear), I'd have to fear the final boss of the Meme route right now.

34 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Indeed.

Edited by DragonFlames

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I say if it works, it works. For me, Dorothea, Hubert, Lysithea and Marianne having access to other spells that can do other stuff and/or have more range doesn't automatically make Flayn and Annette's spell lists "bad" by any stretch of the imagination. They would be bad if they were blatantly unusable or brought more disadvantages than advantages. But since they very clearly ARE usable, perfectly so, in fact, and their (only!) disadvantage (no 3+ range) isn't exactly something that makes them unviable as units (and can be mitigated by very easily acquired items), I'd say calling their spells "bad" is a massive overstatement.

Also, just for clarification: I didn't pose that question to you directly (since I don't remember you saying that they were bad). It's more of a general question I have because I keep reading that Annette and Flayn have "bad" spell lists without ever seeing any reasoning for it.

True, yes.

But bad in this case doesn't mean super bad, but ''reltively'' bad.

And you know how the FE fanbase when it comes to classifying units and how to play FE xD

Like no matter how many peeps say Jagens are good, i find them super shitty and will never use them. Guess i am a noob xD

I am heavily into the Growths > Bases camp xD

Wait, Mortal Servant has less Spd growth than Warlock?

Dude gets one-rounded by Swordmasters.

...tbf

Everyone except Ingrid (and sometimes Felix) get's doubled by Swordmasters, they are extra scary and fast in this game, and usually one shot. 

Dude gets one-rounded by Swordmasters.

Time to break the balance of the Game

HILDA
BREAK!

Edited by Shrimperor

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But bad in this case doesn't mean super bad, but ''realtively'' bad.

Okay, yes. That's true.

And you know how the FE fanbase when it comes to classifying units and how to play FE xD

*nods knowingly*
That is why I rarely engage in such discussions. XD

Like no matter how many peeps say Jagens are good, i find them super shitty and will never use them. Guess i am a noob xD

I only use them if I find their characters interesting.
That translates to "literally not a single one but Titania and Frederick." XD

Though to be fair, that is my usual deciding factor with any unit, any character, really, as this mindset extends to pretty much every game, especially on a first playthrough. If I find their personality likeable and interesting, I'll use them, no matter how shitty they might be.
Guess that makes me a noob, too.

Wait, Mortal Servant has less Spd growth than Warlock?

Yup. Mortal Savant gets a -10% penalty on Speed growth. This is the same penalty you get when you reclass to Paladin, by the way.

...tbf

Everyone except Ingrid (and sometimes Felix) get's doubled by Swordmasters, they are extra scary and fast in this game, and usually one shot.

They are the second most dangerous enemies in the entire game, only beaten by Assassins, who usually pack 36 f***ing AS with Silver Swords.
I guess IntSys read all the comments about how Swordmasters and Assassins were terrible in GBA, FE9 (even though I always use Mia in that game), and Awakening and went "No u".

Luckily, they aren't too sturdy, so you can kill them rather easily if you have a Brave Weapon on hand or if you can afford to have two units gang up on one.

Though in my current playthrough, it's actually THEM who get doubled (the Swordmasters, at least). Guess who does the doubling:

snkv0ox.jpg

Time to break the balance of the Game

HILDA
BREAK!

I heard Hilda actually saying that as I read it. What is wrong with me? XD
Also, very accurate.

Edited by DragonFlames