• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Oh yes.

OH YES.

Time for the internet to alight in Flames that will make Ballhala look like a small BBQ

If it's Byleth it's gonna be extra spicy.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''I will create such a chaotic announcement that the fanbase won't know who's friend and who's foe'' -Sakurai

Sakurai, looking at the aftermath of the chaos he created (colorized)

tenor_2.gif?width=400&height=280

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup yup

Cute ❤️

*insert Man of Culture compliment meme here*
It's actually my favorite S-support.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

His supports also makes me think that Fodlan would've been a much better place if he was in charge instead of Rhea

Yup, yup.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

If it's Byleth it's gonna be extra spicy.

That would create enough salt to turn all the world's oceans into different incarnations of the Dead Sea.

There are still more characters to come for Smash?!

Honestly all my Smash hype has been gone for a while

Spoiler

unless they add Reimu or Rean

I feel like you had a bad Dimitri since he was bar none my best unit in maddening.

Dimitri was a hard hitter for sure, but his enemy phase left to be desired.

Aside of maybe assassines he could not tank anything.

He was so goddamn slow that he unusable in chapter 14 and I had to lower difficulty.

I would not even lie to myself if I said that Micaiah was even more useful as lord overall since she can poke from the distance and oneshot early game bosses at least.

Dimitri did not impress me in maddening at all.

Neither Edelgard did in default class, but as wyvern knight she was fine, not great, but basically a slower Hilda at least.

Honestly I would not have played the final map of Blue Lions in maddening anyways because this one sucks thanks to seige weapons everywhere.

Edited by Zemuria

@DragoncatPlease be careful where you are posting Three Houses Spoilers. I didn't expect to see such a big one right in Forum Games. Three houses subforum exists for a reason.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*insert Man of Culture compliment meme here*

*cultural high five*

1 minute ago, Zemuria said:

Dimitri was a hard hitter for sure, but his enemy phase left to be desired.

Aside of maybe assassines he could not tank anything.

He was so goddamn slow

...Your Dimitri sounds like my Edelgard xD

The only good stat my Edelgard had was STR, otherwise she was slow and pretty frail until i decided to Armor lord her at the end

My Dimitri had more Str than Edel, like double the AS and the Prt, and tanked anything that is not magical xD

11 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Also GD is easiest route because best party and easiest final boss.

That's funny, because I think the exact opposite party wise, Sure, Claude, Hilda and Lysithea are good, but if they get screwed and/or you don't recruit from other houses, you'll have a TERRIBLE time.

Edited by Shadow Mir

My Edelgard had decent speed in earlygame; was rarely doubled unlike Dimitri.

Their strength and defense were pretty much equal and Edelgard had slightly better resistance.

Edelgard had the best level ups of all my units before timeskip, after that she dropped a lot.

Then again I do not know any growthrates of this game, so I cannot say who was blessed or screwed.

I just tell how it was in my runs.

Edited by Zemuria

@Shrimperor *high fives back*

Seteth just singlehandedly saved me from getting pooped on by Chapter 17. Holy crap, I didn't expect things to go THIS badly for me.
Especially since I already played this map on Hard (the difficulty I'm currently playing on) once before.

As if I needed any more reasons to like the guy.

Flayn's Magic is fast approaching 50, while Lysithea has been falling off really hard. I'm starting to regret putting her into Dark Knight, even though the increased movement is nice to bolster up Thyrsus range.
Marianne has picked up her slack, luckily. She's an amazing Mortal Savant (ironically, she finally levels Speed).

Speaking of units that fell off, I had to give Catherine the boot, because she just doesn't do much of anything anymore. Shaky hit rates, even shakier survival chances, her level ups have been nothing but godawful... yeah, bye, Thunder Catherine. Was nice while it lasted. You can play adjutant for Shamir now.

Alois, on the other hand, has been amazing, so he's part of my main squad now.
And Byleth made a glorious comeback. Quick Riposte is OP as hell.

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's funny, because I think the exact opposite party wise, Sure, Claude, Hilda and Lysithea are good, but if they get screwed and/or you don't recruit from other houses, you'll have a TERRIBLE time.

The Golden Deer units are so bad that I perma-benched three of them (Lorenz, Ignatz, Raphael) and replaced them (with Alois, Catherine, Shamir, Hanneman, and Manuela), something I never did in any other house (except that one time I killed off Linhardt. But that was because I don't like Linhardt).

16 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

My Edelgard had decent speed in earlygame; was rarely doubled unlike Dimitri.

Then again I do not know any growthrates of this game, so I cannot say who was blessed or screwed.

I just tell how it was in my runs.

Dimitri's growth rates are downright monstrous. The reason for him being so weak for you was probably because he got RNG screwed to hell and back.

Three Houses is a lot more reliant on growth rates to keep units relevant than other games are. Even the ones with high bases like Catherine will struggle if their level ups suck.
And this is where the RNG can rear its ugly head and say "you're not using this unit this playthrough. Why? Because f*** you, that's why!". The opposite can be true, as well. Just look at Shrimperor's Ingrid, who is absolutely busted, or my Leonie who has an abnormal 42 Speed.

Granted, I did take base level Seteth to the final chapter of the Blue Lions route in my very first playthrough and it worked (not using him was a mistake in hindsight), but that was on Normal difficulty and even there he could only attack specific enemies safely without dying in return.

---

As for the Smash Bros. discussion: I'm not buying Ultimate until they put Neptune in it.
I leave it to you to figure out whether or not I'm joking.

Edited by DragonFlames

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Please be careful where you are posting Three Houses Spoilers. I didn't expect to see such a big one right in Forum Games. Three houses subforum exists for a reason.

I don't know how big that one is, but okay, I will spoil it.

So I just found out I can customize my keyboard

Screenshot_20200114-105800_1.png

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That would create enough salt to turn all the world's oceans into different incarnations of the Dead Sea

Smash salt is fun.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The only good stat my Edelgard had was STR, otherwise she was slow and pretty frail until i decided to Armor lord her at the end

I found a good fix for low Edelgard speed is to give her Gauntlets. She hits pretty hard and with two garuanteed hits, it's pretty damn good.

17 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Agreed. The map itself is whatever but I really don't like how beefy the final boss is.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Indeed it is.
I sometimes visit the GameFAQs Smash board when I'm bored. The salt levels there are off the charts and it's beautiful. XD

I imagine Resetera salt is just as glorious.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I imagine Resetera salt is just as glorious.

Probably.
It feels like every single larger forum on the internet besides this one is a potential salt mine that can cover the world's salt needs twice over.

Edited by DragonFlames

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Dimitri's growth rates are downright monstrous. The reason for him being so weak for you was probably because he got RNG screwed to hell and back.

Then I was just unlucky with him apparently.

I agree, GD has the worst lord before timeskip, but honestly I could not really remember any CF unit aside of Edelgard and Byleth could bring anything to the table overall.

I played the final map of CF pretty much only with recruitments.

35 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

I agree, GD has the worst lord before timeskip, but honestly I could not really remember any CF unit aside of Edelgard and Byleth could bring anything to the table overall.

I played the final map of CF pretty much only with recruitments.

I'd think they're still better than someone who can't decide if they want to be a shitty mage or a shitty physical unit and someone whose best quality is rendered useless because they're so slow they can't double a snail on depressants.

41 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'd think they're still better than someone who can't decide if they want to be a shitty mage or a shitty physical unit and someone whose best quality is rendered useless because they're so slow they can't double a snail on depressants.

Let me guess: the first one is Lorenz and the second one is Ignatz/Raphael, right?
If so, I agree.