The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 hour ago, Rosalina said:

I cannot quite imagine the combat system right now.

Is SMT's element system combined with FE's weapon system?

So for example: if a bow user attacks a flyer, it triggers a weakness, means another turn?

No. How #FE's combat works is reliant on passive skills alongside normal skills that enable "Sessions", which has the entire main cast of characters--playable and support--do attacks on the enemy. So, if you use a sword attack on an axe enemy, you'll start a Session that could, for example, lead up to a fire/agi attack from someone else. If the enemy is also weak to fire/agi, then the Session continues to another character. This can chain up to potentially ridiculous damage. The enemy is capable of doing this to your characters as well, though. The game in this regard is a lot more offensive compared to other Atlus games.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

If the enemy is also weak to fire/agi, then the Session continues to another character.

Correction, a Session skill doesn't have to be a weakness to trigger another. As long as the Session skill isn't Nulled, Absorbed, or Reflected, it will be followed up on if possible. The game takes Nulls, Absorbs, and Reflects into account when stringing your Session skills together, so this isn't a worry. The only exception is the Pierce glitch, which is avoidable by just not teaching Pierce to characters, though its improvement Penetrate isn't glitched.

Made it through Chapter 1's boss again, on my first try no less. It was a real mean fight on my first playthrough, but now that I was very conscious of its behaviors, I was able to survive without incurring a single KO. I wonder if Chapter 2's former menace will end up being the same?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correction, a Session skill doesn't have to be a weakness to trigger another. As long as the Session skill isn't Nulled, Absorbed, or Reflected, it will be followed up on if possible. The game takes Nulls, Absorbs, and Reflects into account when stringing your Session skills together, so this isn't a worry. The only exception is the Pierce glitch, which is avoidable by just not teaching Pierce to characters, though its improvement Penetrate isn't glitched.

Made it through Chapter 1's boss again, on my first try no less. It was a real mean fight on my first playthrough, but now that I was very conscious of its behaviors, I was able to survive without incurring a single KO. I wonder if Chapter 2's former menace will end up being the same?

Oh, really? It's been a lot time since I played the game, so thanks for the correction.

I decided to watch the entire Smash direct because Byleth is the first character from all the FE Smash characters so far that I really would like to play and wow Sakurai is such a wholesome guy. I feel bad that people are being so harsh on such a cool dude.

Edited by Strullemia

6 hours ago, Rosalina said:

fin-ished

This pun made me laugh. XD

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20200116-143923_1.png

Savage!

---

Sothis and Marianne try to do alchemy gone wrong (colorized) #voiceactorjokes

NxbL0cO.jpg

And here we see true wisdom the like of which is unparalleled in all the worlds:

78xAelI.jpg

Can we all just agree that Allegra Clark (voice actress of Dorothea and Shamir - also Dronya from Labyrinth of Refrain) is a treasure?

---

And since we are on the topic of meme'ing the Smash dumpster fire, here's my contribution:
7CHmii7.jpg

You know, by the time the second fighter's pass is done, Sakurai will have been working on Super Smash Bros. for almost ten years straight. Smash 4 started development in April 2012, development on Ultimate started immediately after 4's DLC was finished, and the second fighters pass is expected to be finished by December 2021. And then Sakurai will announce Fighters Pass 3, featuring eight characters releasing by 2025.

Also I'm wondering of Balthus is Malos's long lost twin or something.

So, according to regretera, Dlc will be it's own route you choose at the begining

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-emblem-three-houses-dlc-wave-4-cindered-shadows-trailer-new-story-4-new-characters-new-classes-new-activities.165076/begining

The save data of the side story is independent, and the progress status of "Fuka Hanayuki" is not inherited . When starting the side story, decide on the appearance and name of the hero, the difficulty level (normal / hard), and the mode (classic / casual).

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Why would anyone do this xD

Because Hilda, being a girl, can't get the War Master class, so I looked for an alternative Master class - Great Knight happened to be the best one I could think of.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

My favorite theme in Three Houses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXiMj6T0dP4

Yes, I like this better than God Shattering Star. Sue me.

Fodlan Winds is the new Road Taken.

4 minutes ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Because Hilda, being a girl, can't get the War Master class, so I looked for an alternative Master class - Great Knight happened to be the best one I could think of.

*cough*Wyvern*cough*

And yes, the music in this game is top tier

Just saw Weathering with You. Amazing movie.

@DragonFlames I see you've started playing Atelier Meruru. Nice nice. Here's the biggest tip. Max out the popularity meter ASAP. It's not that hard to do (quests don't have expiry dates) and the more popularity, the more population you exponentially get. It's an instant game-over if popularity drops to zero but that shouldn't happen.

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So, according to regretera, Dlc will be it's own route you choose at the begining

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-emblem-three-houses-dlc-wave-4-cindered-shadows-trailer-new-story-4-new-characters-new-classes-new-activities.165076/begining

The save data of the side story is independent, and the progress status of "Fuka Hanayuki" is not inherited . When starting the side story, decide on the appearance and name of the hero, the difficulty level (normal / hard), and the mode (classic / casual).

Pretty interesting. I guess I can continue on with my Crimson Flower route then? Though the Ashen Wolves do have S-Supports so I imagine they stick around so maybe I should wait after all.

I am gonna buy it (later) but this better be a really good side-story because it's the only thing out of the entire season pass that's worth money.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Pretty interesting. I guess I can continue on with my Crimson Flower route then? Though the Ashen Wolves do have S-Supports so I imagine they stick around so maybe I should wait after all.

apparently they get added to the main game after you finish the side story

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

apparently they get added to the main game after you finish the side story

Yeah then I should probably put my current run on hold then. Three Houses is a good game but not if you play it too many times in a row. Gotta take breaks.

Edited by Armagon