The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames I see you've started playing Atelier Meruru. Nice nice. Here's the biggest tip. Max out the popularity meter ASAP. It's not that hard to do (quests don't have expiry dates) and the more popularity, the more population you exponentially get. It's an instant game-over if popularity drops to zero but that shouldn't happen.

I see, I see. Thank you very much!
I'm already a fan of the music and characters. Glad to see Totori returned, too.

As far as the Three Houses DLC goes, as I said earlier, I'm not sold on it yet. The four new characters aren't that interesting to me and I can't really imagine what the side story is supposed to add to the main one, if anything. I'd rather have stuff added to the main stories (Crimson Flower *cough*) in a free update than some disconnected side plot, honestly.

Bottom line: Make Sothis playable, dammit!

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Because Hilda, being a girl, can't get the War Master class, so I looked for an alternative Master class - Great Knight happened to be the best one I could think of.

Falco. Because personally, I prefer the air - and a pegasus.

19 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

No. How #FE's combat works is reliant on passive skills alongside normal skills that enable "Sessions", which has the entire main cast of characters--playable and support--do attacks on the enemy. So, if you use a sword attack on an axe enemy, you'll start a Session that could, for example, lead up to a fire/agi attack from someone else. If the enemy is also weak to fire/agi, then the Session continues to another character. This can chain up to potentially ridiculous damage. The enemy is capable of doing this to your characters as well, though. The game in this regard is a lot more offensive compared to other Atlus games.

Alright, alright, got it!

This means having doubled "strength" seems to be pretty broken.

What does "more offensive" exactly mean?

More attacking instead of (de)buffing?

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Glad to see Totori returned, too.

And she's actually useful in battle, which is fantastic. Chim Bomb is just too good (though it kinda loses some usefulness later in the game).

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The four new characters aren't that interesting to me and I can't really imagine what the side story is supposed to add to the main one, if anything.

I mean, i'm sure it'll be pretty good. But i know i'm sounding like a broken record but i really wish i could buy this on it's own.

Plans for Golden Crits:

Bylad: Mage -> Dark Mage -> Warlock -> Mortal Savant or Dark Knight
Claude: Archer -> Brigand -> Canon Class
Hilda: Brigand -> Pegasus -> Wyvern
Ignatz: Thief -> Assassin
Raphael: Brigand -> Grappler -> Warmaster
Lys: Mage -> Warlock -> Gremory
Creepy Noble: Dunno wtf to do with this guy. For now Mercenary -> Swordmaster
Marianne: Mage -> Bishop -> Holy Knight
Leonie: Archer -> Sniper -> Bow Knight

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Creepy Noble: Dunno wtf to do with this guy.

I can make this easy for you. Bench him, since he'll likely suck.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I would just stop at Bishop or go to Gremory instead, because Holy Knight is [BLEEP!]

Which FE game is good to ironman?

I watched someone's (failed) FE5 run which made me want to do one.

I think FE5 is not a good start, though, due to its special hitrates.

Aside of the Archanea games, Valentia and vanilla FE6 I could play any FE game.

Edited by Rosalina

1 minute ago, Rosalina said:

Which FE game is good to ironman?

I watched someone's (failed) FE5 run which made me want to do one.

I think FE5 is not a good start, though, due to its special hitrates.

Probably Blazing Blade.

"Greetings, Meruru...

VdQzYpC.jpg

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And she's actually useful in battle, which is fantastic. Chim Bomb is just too good (though it kinda loses some usefulness later in the game).

Sadly, I haven't gotten far enough to recruit her yet.
But I am extremely happy that your starting trio doesn't suck at combat this time around. They can all pull their weight pretty well.

Also, I absolutely LOVE how the world map looks. Probably the prettiest world map I've seen in an Atelier game so far. The game in general looks stunning for something that released nine years ago on an old system. Not to open old wounds, but... a certain other developer MIGHT want to take notes.

And I'm two in-game months into the game and my population already sits at 2,500. I've been trying to prioritize quests and assignments that increase popularity and the population by a lot.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I mean, i'm sure it'll be pretty good. But i know i'm sounding like a broken record but i really wish i could buy this on it's own.

Hey, you're not any worse than my "I'm not sold on it" when it comes to broken record-ness. XD

And I do agree that it should be buyable on its own if it has to be bought. Right now, I'd be forking over money for half a game for this and the other stuff in the season pass (that is frankly not worth the purchase at all), and for that much money, it just doesn't look like it's worth it to me.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Plans for Golden Crits:

Bylad: Mage -> Dark Mage -> Warlock -> Mortal Savant or Dark Knight
Claude: Archer -> Brigand -> Canon Class
Hilda: Brigand -> Pegasus -> Wyvern
Ignatz: Thief -> Assassin
Raphael: Brigand -> Grappler -> Warmaster
Lys: Mage -> Warlock -> Gremory
Creepy Noble: Dunno wtf to do with this guy. For now Mercenary -> Swordmaster
Leonie: Archer -> Sniper -> Bow Knight

Love how you don't even bother to call Lorenz by name. XD

If I may make some recommendations:
The Creepy Noble can actually pull off hybrid classes pretty well. He can make a decent Dark Knight if you're so inclined. But the bench is his true home.
Warlock is sort of wasted on Lysithea, since she can't make use of Black Tomefaire and Black Magic Uses x2. Personally, I prefer to make her a Bishop for that sweet, sweet double Warp before going Gremory.
I'd actually consider keeping Marianne as a Bishop, because aside from Movement, Holy Knight doesn't add too much (you lose on White Magic Uses x2 and the healing boost, both of which can come in handy). Gremory is always good, of course. She does make a great Mortal Savant, too.

Just my two cents, of course. You do you. 😉

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would just stop at Bishop or go to Gremory instead, because Holy Knight is [BLEEP!]

Girl loves horses though. Gonna do something for Ms. Depresso Expresso.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Love how you don't even bother to call Lorenz by name. XD

He creeps me out xD

because aside from Movement

I mean
I am ready to sacrifice some stats for extra 3 Mov.

But the bench is his true home.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I can make this easy for you. Bench him, since he'll likely suck.

Poor guy XD

He is currently my weakling though, true

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Girl loves horses though. Gonna do something for Ms. Depresso Expresso.

She does, but Holy Knight is still shit. The horse doesn't even come close to making up for losing doubled white magic uses or extra healing.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Same. XD

You're playing on Maddening, right? How's that been going for you so far?

It's actually been going fine so far. Now that i have full statue updates, 1 day of Battles every month is enough to overcome the stupid stat inflation. Instead of being 7-10 levels lower than enemy, i am about 4 levels lower or so, which is much much much more bearable.

Only thing that really annoys me is how tanky enemy Mages are. Like, they are fast and tanky, so they can't get doubled. They are definetly the most dangerous enemies i face.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Only thing that really annoys me is how tanky enemy Mages are. Like, they are fast and tanky, so they can't get doubled. They are definetly the most dangerous enemies i face.

That reminds me of the Druids in Echoes that for some reason were also very dangerous.

But it's great that you're doing fine. After reading about @Rosalina's attempts and what Maddening actually does to deserve to be called that, I have given up on ever playing that mode. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have given up on ever playing that mode. XD

Definetly don't do normal NG maddening. You will probably get like 1 lvl every 10 chapters or so.

NG+ with full statue seems alot better, and is more like hard but giving enemies some skills i think they really needed on hard.

It's kinda annoying i need to grind a bit every chapter, but eh, i will take it. Probably won't play maddening again however.

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I'm two in-game months into the game and my population already sits at 2,500. I've been trying to prioritize quests and assignments that increase popularity and the population by a lot.

Wow, you're doing a lot better than i did. If i remember correctly, the benchmark for the first year is 3,000 population and i remember achiving that near the end of the first year. I didn't really put a lot of effort into popularity until later. 

See, what happened is that the game doesn't actually tell you how popularity works in relation to population. But at the rate you're going, you should be fine. 

Be sure to visit each new area btw. You can't start developing certain areas until you've visited them once (i know because i didn't visit the Old Mine right away and i ended up being behind on it's development).

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Poor guy XD

He is currently my weakling though, true

Yeah, Lorenz is pretty weak. I never figured out how to make him viable. 

That said, he's better than Raphael imo. Raphael is just a worse Caspar and Caspar's already kinda bad. So as for a tip of my own, i'd also give the bench to Raphael.

Just now, Armagon said:

Wow, you're doing a lot better than i did. If i remember correctly, the benchmark for the first year is 3,000 population and i remember achiving that near the end of the first year. I didn't really put a lot of effort into popularity until later.

The first benchmark is 5,000 people, actually. That's why I was like "okay, I need to focus that stuff right away!"

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Be sure to visit each new area btw. You can't start developing certain areas until you've visited them once (i know because i didn't visit the Old Mine right away and i ended up being behind on it's development).

Noted. Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean
I am ready to sacrifice some stats for extra 3 Mov.

Sacrificing stats is one thing, but sacrificing extra healing and doubled white magic uses for extra move? No way I can see that as anything other than a rip-off.

Edited by Shadow Mir