The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

NGL maddening mode is making me hate the game, mainly thanks to the need to grind to keep up, and playing bait and switch alot.

I swear to god if i see Magdred map one more time i am gonna go crazy.

And my team is too strong for hard now...

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I can't believe Celica's long-lost sister is in the game.

They do look strikingly similar. Interesting.
I believe Hidari did the character designs for the Dusk trilogy as well as Echoes, right?

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

On another note, did you meet the tsundere?

I have indeed. And I'm surprised by how much she grew on me in this game. She was kinda eh in Totori, in Lulua I didn't really know what to think, but I really like her in Meruru.

Speaking of Atelier Meruru, that game just pulled a 'What the actual hell is going on right now?' moment on me.
Rorona showed up, but she's turned back into an 8-year-old, because Astrid (her alchemy teacher) made a youth potion that was supposed to turn her back to a 14-year-old. Why?
QmNGH21.jpg
That, apparently.
Personally, going by how 35-year-old Rorona looks come Atelier Lulua, I'd say I do want a Rorona in her 30s.
Atelier-Lulua-The-Scion-of-Arland_2018_1

8-year-old Rorona is adorable, though.
h5MXcC2.jpg

Then, a few scenes later, Meruru drops a pretty large truth nuke on people. Her answer to the question if she's willing to forget about the things she loves if someone asked her to do so:
V1034vv.jpg
mHUd7Nh.jpg
For that alone, Meruru is now my second favorite Atelier protagonist.

Also, remember how I praised Hom (the assistant that can do synthesis and gathering for you) in Atelier Rorona and was salty that he/she didn't make a return in Totori, being replaced by the vastly inferior Chims? Well, he/she is back and I can have not one, but BOTH Homs! This game just got 2,000% better than it already was.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I believe Hidari did the character designs for the Dusk trilogy as well as Echoes, right?

Yep. I believe that's what he was primarly known for before Echoes. Of course now everyone associates Hidari with Echoes on the simple fact that Fire Emblem is way bigger than Atelier.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of Atelier Meruru, that game just pulled a 'What the actual hell is going on right now?' moment on me.
Rorona showed up, but she's turned back into an 8-year-old, because Astrid (her alchemy teacher) made a youth potion that was supposed to turn her back to a 14-year-old. Why?

When i saw little Rorona during the OP, i was really confused. At first, i deadass thought it was just an aesthetic thing or something because i really did not think that she regressed in age. 

Yep. I believe that's what he was primarly known for before Echoes. Of course now everyone associates Hidari with Echoes on the simple fact that Fire Emblem is way bigger than Atelier.

Ah, so I was right. I distinctly remember reading that the artist did art (duh) for Atelier games before. I just wasn't sure which ones.

When i saw little Rorona during the OP, i was really confused. At first, i deadass thought it was just an aesthetic thing or something because i really did not think that she regressed in age.

Same here.
I knew Astrid was weird way back in Rorona, but this really takes the cake in terms of weirdness.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but like

latest?cb=20200119011145

latest?cb=20170608084819

I mean, kinda. I can see it. Don't know if it's just me though.

Even though I have no idea who the character on the bottom is, I can definitely see the resemblance. Even the pose and overall color scheme (except the skin color, obviously) nearly matches.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Even though I have no idea who the character on the bottom is, I can definitely see the resemblance. Even the pose and overall color scheme (except the skin color, obviously) nearly matches.

Shirley Orlando from the Trails series. Debuts in Trails of Azure and shows up in both Cold Steel 3 and 4 and the design above comes from the latter games. She's the cousin of Randolph Orlando, one of the main characters of the Crossbell games.

This is what she looked like in Trails of Azure

latest?cb=20170722193958

So what i'm saying is that Three Houses and Trails (specifically the Cold Steel games) keeps having a lot of similarities.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shirley Orlando from the Trails series. Debuts in Trails of Azure and shows up in both Cold Steel 3 and 4 and the design above comes from the latter games. She's the cousin of Randolph Orlando, one of the main characters of the Crossbell games.

I KNEW the artstyle was familiar. I couldn't put my finger on it up until now.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So what i'm saying is that Three Houses and Trails (specifically the Cold Steel games) keeps having a lot of similarities.

Three Houses is similar to many things, Trails among them. Here are some similarities that I found:

• The Monastery exploration parts with quests and monthly structure with missions at the end of each month are nearly identical to the first Cold Steel game. The only thing missing is a ranking system based on how much Renown you've earned during a playthrough.
  • The overall world-building, character motivations, and story bears striking resemblances to Dynasty Warriors and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel (which is intentional, as confirmed by the devs).
  • the way the support system is implemented feels similar to Persona's Social Links. At the same time, it is similar to Trails of Cold Steel's bonding events as well.
  • At one point in the game, you rescue a Priestess with special abilities that make her a target for a group shrouded in darkness. Said Priestess is also connected to that world's equivalent of the pope. You can also romance said Priestess. This is the major plot of Nights of Azure; the difference is that you can't go the Yuri route with Flayn.
  • One of your main companions for a sizeable portion of the game is a young-looking girl suffering from memory loss that offers advice and whose true identity isn't revealed until much later. Much like Nights of Azure (again). The irony here is that the characters in question share their Japanese voice actress.
  • Another one for Nights of Azure: Rhea shares a lot with the final boss of the first game. Don't want to get more spoiler-y than that, just in case.

Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. It's just fun to find these, I think.

Edited by DragonFlames

Randy Dandy Orlando is the best!

When I saw him in the intro reading a playboy magazine, I knew already he'd be hilarious. 

Also Tokyo Mirage Session is fun so far.

The opening question, if Tsubasa shall wear glasses, confused me.  

Edited by Rosalina

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Tales of Vesperia is killing my sanity. The team arena is so absurd, geez. Like, I cant even move. After that, it was time for a break. Beating

Hide contents

Kratos

Alone was hard enough, but with three more allies? Yep, I cant do this.

What difficulty are you playing on?

5 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

You're probably better off getting the Wyvern for Hilda unless you're going New Game +

Personally, I think axes just aren't too good in Three Houses - they're too heavy and inaccurate, and it isn't like Diamond Axe is worth it, because it isn't.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:
  • the way the support system is implemented feels similar to Persona's Social Links. At the same time, it is similar to Trails of Cold Steel's bonding events as well.
  •  

not really. CS's and afaik Persona's, has only the MC bond with others, and not different peeps with each other. It's like, my main Reason why i dislike CS and Rean so much. Rean is a blackhole that destroys everything good.

otherwise, yeah, it's Trails of the Emblem xD

Edited by Shrimperor

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

What difficulty are you playing on?

Normal, I think i just don't understand how combos work properly. And how the heck do you get out of the corner when you're being destroyed by 3 people? And don't get me started on the no items ever mystic arte, because that's just stupid. I actually did manage to win once, then Rita destroyed me with her Mystic Arte, 10,000 damage? How am I supposed to get passed this?

It's pretty embarrassing how badly I get killed in this. Also consider that i'm playing with another person, and still can't win. I'm not planning on giving up anytime soon, but i'm not sure how to win without getting lucky/relying on Mystic Artes to pull a win out. One of my issues is I can't make it past the hunting blades without Heavenly Bladewing to take Clint out. So i'm only at OVL 2 or so when I finally win. Oh and i'm currently at level 91 so I can flexibly use most skills.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Normal, I think i just don't understand how combos work properly. And how the heck do you get out of the corner when you're being destroyed by 3 people? And don't get me started on the no items ever mystic arte, because that's just stupid. I actually did manage to win once, then Rita destroyed me with her Mystic Arte, 10,000 damage? How am I supposed to get passed this?

It's pretty embarrassing how badly I get killed in this. Also consider that i'm playing with another person, and still can't win. I'm not planning on giving up anytime soon, but i'm not sure how to win without getting lucky/relying on Mystic Artes to pull a win out. One of my issues is I can't make it past the hunting blades without Heavenly Bladewing to take Clint out. So i'm only at OVL 2 or so when I finally win. Oh and i'm currently at level 91 so I can flexibly use most skills.

Personally, I've had my fair share of moments where the enemies are in Gang Up on the Human mode myself. It sucks. Especially when there are healers around. And they say Graces likes to have enemies gang up on whoever the player controls... For all that, I feel like I've been focus-fired more in this game than I can remember. That being said, I haven't tried some of these, so I cannot really help. Who are you using, and who does your partner prefer to control? I'd have Estelle use Revive if you're using her. RE: the cameo round, I'd take out Barbatos Goetia (Killer of Heroes) first.

Edited by Shadow Mir

It was finally hype time again

Spoiler

NsU0ZpI.jpg

First turn capturing the hill, something i wasn't able to do on other runs, but in other runs i didn't have my Girl Leonie with me

Spoiler

AuJ9ICf.jpg

Double Panic time

Spoiler

5TKYNew.jpg

Didn't know double Morale was possible xD

Spoiler

u8m7SYd.jpg

Lys strong

Ngl this is the most fun i had with this battle so far. Made sticking with madenning actually worth it.

Edited by Shrimperor

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, I've had my fair share of moments where the enemies are in Gang Up on the Human mode myself. It sucks. Especially when there are healers around. And they say Graces likes to have enemies gang up on whoever the player controls... For all that, I feel like I've been focus-fired more in this game than I can remember. That being said, I haven't tried some of these, so I cannot really help. Who are you using, and who does your partner prefer to control? I'd have Estelle use Revive if you're using her. RE: the cameo round, I'd take out Barbatos Goetia (Killer of Heroes) first.

This is honestly very frustrating as it feels like half the battle is just you sitting there taking punishment and not being able to anything. He controls Flynn and I control Estelle/Yuri.

I've given Bloodstained a play with its latest update. I blitzed in two days past 50% map completion. Fun, a Metroidvania is refreshing right now for me, and they're never too long either. But, now I've hit a roadblock thats dragging things down to earth- Bloodless. Their attacks are too strong and difficult to dodge, I really don't want to have to farm for High Potions. I'll try to find a way to poison her instead.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Aren't Tales of cameo battles, more so in early-mid series games known for being stupidly hard?
I've never really done many, I'm not about that life.