The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

On 1/18/2020 at 11:53 AM, lightcosmo said:

That moment when you beat a boss after about 15 tries, and your so shaky from excitement from finally winning. I'm happy now.

cough Breath of the Wild cough

It's not a strategy game like Fire Emblem, and if you don't get your timing right, things CAN go VERY wrong.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, now I've hit a roadblock thats dragging things down to earth- Bloodless.

ah yes. Probably the hardest fight in the game beside the penultimate one. Took me a big ass while until i defeated her

6 hours ago, Caster said:

Aren't Tales of cameo battles, more so in early-mid series games known for being stupidly hard?
I've never really done many, I'm not about that life.

They can be, in this instance it really depends on how good the player is. Anyways, I finally won... once. Now that I have 8 OVL gauge, I'm happy. That means 2 savage wolf furies, without items.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, now I've hit a roadblock thats dragging things down to earth- Bloodless. Their attacks are too strong and difficult to dodge, I really don't want to have to farm for High Potions. I'll try to find a way to poison her instead.

Oh Bloodless is a giant pain in the ass. Especially her Blood Rain, which is damn near impossible to avoid.

All I can say is to try to hit her with long-reaching weapons and yeah, I did have to farm for heals.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

All I can say is to try to hit her with long-reaching weapons and yeah

And shield, even if it drains your MP faster than you can say hi, escaping some damage helps aloooooot

Sterk came back! Yay!
But he didn't join my party yet! No!
But he got another meme-tastic nickname! Yay!
1hvL3jf.jpg

His full name will now and forever be Sterkenburg "Sterk" Sterky Strudel Storker-bargen Cranach. I will hear no objections.

@Shrimperor That picture with Byleth and Flayn is really adorable.
As for your profile picture:
Flayn: *heavy breathing*
Also

JRjpJVq.jpg

Umio best fish.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

His full name will now and forever be Sterkenburg "Sterk" Sterky Strudel Storker-bargen Cranach. I will hear no objections.

Was he #1?

16 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

This is honestly very frustrating as it feels like half the battle is just you sitting there taking punishment and not being able to anything. He controls Flynn and I control Estelle/Yuri.

Or running like your life depends on it (because it does) because the moment you stop to attack something, whatever else was chasing you will inevitably catch up and wombo combo you to death.

A whole lotta nope.

Anyone played Shining Resonance Refrain? Picked it up on an eShop sale last week (best purchase yet for under $15, for sure), and kinda going about things haphazardly. Anything that I should take note of?

My brother and me just did a pretty big haul and got Mario Maker, Smash U, kart 8, Luigi's Mansion and a Controller.

Didn't want to get anything really meaty, but stuff we mostly can play together, especially since i am still busy with FE.

Next haul (in a few months) will be the real meaty stuff, like Xenoblade, Astral Chain and Bayonetta 2.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Flayn: *heavy breathing

Umio's Nightmare xD

Edited by Shrimperor

I just might pick up Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina once I get tired of God Eater 3.

Picked up a controller as well--a sleek number that looks like the Xbox 360 controller for under $40.

43 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

A whole lotta nope.

Anyone played Shining Resonance Refrain? Picked it up on an eShop sale last week (best purchase yet for under $15, for sure), and kinda going about things haphazardly. Anything that I should take note of?

Yay, another one!

The game is pretty forgiving with its difficulty and allows for much experimentation. Some boss fights can be rough if you're underlevelled, though, so I suggest taking some time to do quests and kill monsters before progressing the story (the monsters in the overworld actually scale to your current progress, which helps with EXP gain).
My tip: Always keep a supply of healing items ready. Money is rather easy to come by if you do quests. Making someone from your party (I recommend Kirika, because she learns some AOE and status healing spells) a dedicated healer will also help immensely.

When using Dragonshift, don't let your MP fall too low, or else Yuma is going to go berserk and attack everything indiscriminately. And because Dragonshift boosts your damage output to quite the insane levels, that can result in very dead party members. Either finish the battle quickly or undo Dragonshift once your MP are depleted to half.

Don't sell the loot that monsters drop. You can use that to develop new items in town.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Umio's Nightmare xD

Yup. XD

I freed all four Divine Beasts and recalled most of the memories in Breath of the Wild...

So glad that there is an easy way of dealing with Guardians... Just reflect their blasts back at them! You don't even need to spend your materials on Divine Arrows for that!