The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

So, I'm now pretty much on a Dragon Quest binge. Finished I back on Saturday, now I'm playing II...

Too bad I'm likely to skip VII, since I don't have it, IX, which I no longer have.... well, it's just gonna be the first six and maybe VIII. Oh well...

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

wyt58t7.jpg

Most would agree.

Anyways are level ups of the characters and demons fixed or luckbased in this game?

8 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

fe6_english_unaltered.pngfe6_english_unaltered1.pngfe6_english_unaltered2.png

FE6 Hard mode iron man, as of chapter 19. This run has been the most enjoyable experience I've ever had with FE6.

Is it a patched version or regular FE6?

If I ever would do such a thing, then only playing the redux hack since Gonzales is very usable there.

4 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Anyways are level ups of the characters and demons fixed or luckbased in this game?

That Encore? Can't speak if there was any adjustments; but I believe stat gains are kinda mixed. As in, there is a trend; but gains are still random to a degree. Then again, it's been long since I last played TMS, admittedly.

And another name to add to the Sterkenburg's nickname meme:
4JpTTFY.jpg

So now he's Sterkenburg "Sterk" Sterky Strudel Storker-bargen Steckel Cranach. Yup. XD

@Armagon:
fKIcheH.jpg

With that said, I hit a tiny bit of a road block. There are some bosses the game wants me to defeat that have been kicking my ass in regular intervals (thank goodness for multiple saves). I suspect I need to upgrade my equipment, because even with Sterkenburg "Sterk" Sterky Strudel Storker-bargen Steckel Cranach in my party, they handed me the big fat "NOPE!".
I'm not sure if Meruru, Sterk, and Mimi is a good party or if I should at least bring Totori along so I have someone else who can use items.

15 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlamesbtw, here's the full Artwork

lOUo7TQ.jpg

This is cute. Thank you!

Playing Xenosaga episode 1 and just got to the Durandal. I don't remember making it here being so hard!

Also, I love this games battle theme!

It's funny how, when i'm watching cutscenes, I go to a save after and see that 45 minutes have just passed. Wow, the pacing for cutscenes feels slow. Or maybe the others just cleaned it up a lot?

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

With that said, I hit a tiny bit of a road block. There are some bosses the game wants me to defeat that have been kicking my ass in regular intervals (thank goodness for multiple saves). I suspect I need to upgrade my equipment, because even with Sterkenburg "Sterk" Sterky Strudel Storker-bargen Steckel Cranach in my party, they handed me the big fat "NOPE!".
I'm not sure if Meruru, Sterk, and Mimi is a good party or if I should at least bring Totori along so I have someone else who can use items.

Ok so first off, what's your population looking like? This isn't in regards to any of the bosses but for the normal ending, you need 100,000 people (this is where max popularity really helps out). As long as you have 100,000 people by the end of the 5th year, you get the normal ending. For the other endings, there's quite a few things you gotta do but there's no true end intrestingly enough.

As for the bosses themselves, i believe one of them is the dragon at Modis Ruins. Upgrading equipment is definitly a good idea and i'd honestly say bring Totori along. She's not a liability. If anything, you're kinda at a disadvantage if you don't use her. If you want multi-hits, Esty is also a good idea.

Tbh, I didn't fight that many bosses in this game. Pretty much all of them are optional in regards to the normal ending so if you just want to focus on building up population, you can do that. Which is what i did (kinda had to in my case though since i fell behind).

53 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's funny how, when i'm watching cutscenes, I go to a save after and see that 45 minutes have just passed. Wow, the pacing for cutscenes feels slow. Or maybe the others just cleaned it up a lot?

No, it's just that Xenosaga Episode I has like eight hours worth of cutscenes. 

54 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, I love this games battle theme!

I'm glad you do because it's like the only battle theme in the game apart from the final boss theme.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok so first off, what's your population looking like? This isn't in regards to any of the bosses but for the normal ending, you need 100,000 people (this is where max popularity really helps out). As long as you have 100,000 people by the end of the 5th year, you get the normal ending. For the other endings, there's quite a few things you gotta do but there's no true end intrestingly enough.

I'm currently in month 12 of year 2 and my population sits at 31,431. Popularity has steadied itself at around 65 for now (for whatever reason, I can't seem to keep this at its fullest).
I'll be honest: I am a bit panicked, because getting 70,000+ people to Arls in two years when you can comparatively barely make it to over 31,000 in three frankly seems like an impossible task as of now, especially with how long it takes to travel to locations that are farther away and back again (I assume I missed a fast travel item somewhere. Gonna have to check that later) combined with how many development points you need to advance to the next rank/construct new facilities vs. what you have to do to get these points.
I assume I'll unlock something that makes increasing population easier in the near future or the facilities I build in the future will increase it by more than three digit/low thousand amounts.
Though I'm not holding my breath that my assumptions in this regard are correct.

Here's my "problem" with keeping up popularity: Doing quests to keep it up is easy. Delivering items that I can buy literally next door is a non-issue, really, and I have been using these for popularity increase.
Going out of my way to fight monsters that are in areas that are of no interest to me and/or going to an area only to never even see the monster in question, thus traveling there being a complete waste of time, however, isn't. I haven't been doing many hunt quests because of this issue. Not when I could be using that time to work towards finishing development projects and/or increasing Meruru's alchemy level, so I don't have to savescum all the time to make new items (I'm a cheeky bastard, I know).

As for the bosses themselves, i believe one of them is the dragon at Modis Ruins. Upgrading equipment is definitly a good idea and i'd honestly say bring Totori along. She's not a liability. If anything, you're kinda at a disadvantage if you don't use her. If you want multi-hits, Esty is also a good idea.

I haven't even gone to the Modis Ruins yet, because it takes way too long to go there when I know the thing is most likely going to kill me anyway. I did unlock the assignment for it, though. The other boss that troubles me is that Gryphon on the Plateau that you need to kill to develop the area, because that thing can attack twice in one turn (who thought that was a good idea, anyway?). And then there's that Red Dragon in the Underground Lake.
I have been using Totori the whole game actually, and I was glad she was there. That I had Sterk and Mimi in party was an experiment to see if the higher defense those two have could be more beneficial against certain enemies than a second item user. The experiment didn't work out, as expected, so now Totori is back in.

Tbh, I didn't fight that many bosses in this game. Pretty much all of them are optional in regards to the normal ending so if you just want to focus on building up population, you can do that. Which is what i did (kinda had to in my case though since i fell behind).

Even with the bosses being optional, there are certain normal enemies that kicked my butt, too (the ones on the road north to that mountain-y area), so I'll have to upgrade my equipment regardless. Not that that's bad or anything.
It just gets a little hard to balance everything with the "must-increase-population-by-70,000-in-the-span-of-a-little-over-two-in-game-years" Sword of Damocles hanging over everything I do.

I just noticed I sound more negative than I mean to be. I'm still enjoying the game, that's for damn sure.
Thank you for the tips! I'll definitely keep those in mind as I continue on!

Edited by DragonFlames

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll be honest: I am a bit panicked, because getting 70,000+ people to Arls in two years when you can comparatively barely make it to over 31,000 in three frankly seems like an impossible task as of now,

It can be tough and I just barely made it but again, I was falling behind. Remember that popularity exponentially increases population.

Another thing, there's not really a bad ending either, at least not in the way Rorona and Totori had bad endings. And if you do any of the requirements for another ending, you'll get that instead even if you don't get the 100,000. I'll drop a link with all the ending requirements in case you want to look at them. Don't scroll down to the gallery, there's spoilers there (or you could just not click the link if you don't want to).

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The other boss that troubles me is that Gryphon on the Plateau that you need to kill to develop the area, because that thing can attack twice in one turn (who thought that was a good idea, anyway?).

Oh that one. That one's a bitch yeah. So here's what I did. I synthesized some Magic Swords with an effect that lowers all of an enemy's stats. I forget what material gives that but I think you can get it from the mine. I also synthesized a bunch of Ice and Lighting Bombs (one of these is super effective against gryphons). 

Then, I did an exploit. Normally a boss will always initiate the fight. However, Meruru's rod is long enough so that if you stand at just the edge of the gryphon's line of sight, you can hit the gryphon and initiate the attack. I don't think this works for every boss but that's what I did. I did a similar strategy with the lake dragon.

Tl;dr Magic Swords that lower all enemy stats is a Godsend and you should have these in Wholesale.

When class is done, I'll boot up the game and see exactly what I used on those Magic Swords.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

It can be tough and I just barely made it but again, I was falling behind. Remember that popularity exponentially increases population.

Another thing, there's not really a bad ending either, at least not in the way Rorona and Totori had bad endings. And if you do any of the requirements for another ending, you'll get that instead even if you don't get the 100,000. I'll drop a link with all the ending requirements in case you want to look at them. Don't scroll down to the gallery, there's spoilers there (or you could just not click the link if you don't want to).

Oh that one. That one's a bitch yeah. So here's what I did. I synthesized some Magic Swords with an effect that lowers all of an enemy's stats. I forget what material gives that but I think you can get it from the mine. I also synthesized a bunch of Ice and Lighting Bombs (one of these is super effective against gryphons). 

Then, I did an exploit. Normally a boss will always initiate the fight. However, Meruru's rod is long enough so that if you stand at just the edge of the gryphon's line of sight, you can hit the gryphon and initiate the attack. I don't think this works for every boss but that's what I did. I did a similar strategy with the lake dragon.

Tl;dr Magic Swords that lower all enemy stats is a Godsend and you should have these in Wholesale.

When class is done, I'll boot up the game and see exactly what I used on those Magic Swords.

This already helps a lot. Thank you!

15 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Most would agree.

I love that quote. And I love that the Switch has screenshot capabilities for people to nab these moments.

--

Poison damage helped with the damage big time on Bloodless. I was surprised to learn it works on some bosses, even the following one despite their love of tossing ailments at you. The boss thereafter too succumbed to poison, with me partly abusing their tendency to get stuck in a wall, letting the poison ticks add up as they ran in place.

The underground sands is probably my least favorite area in terms of enemies. Poison from fast and annoying little frogs, Slow from ghosts, and the rest weren't exactly giving me the easiest time either. Zangetsu 2nd match later on I "cheated" with some healing items, I just wanted him done.

l'm nearly done with the game, though I intend to do some grind and try on the superbosses. It's a good Metroidvania, even if the optional grind looks to be pretty darned big.

I have to agree with the criticism that if you're going to include seven seas' worth of grind, you must decide whether:

• A noticeable chunk of grind is necessary to make fighting bearable.
    • If you pick this option, then the pacing of the game becomes "ugh", and Metroidvanias are supposed to be quick if you ask me.
  • Or, if none of the grind is necessary for fights to be fair.
    • If you pick this option, then why have the grind at all? It is superfluous, and other, faster methods could be included to make the easier than an optional grind. Who are you appealing to with grind? Wouldn't be better to make every Shard come at full strength for the audience that has no time/will to grind?

Still, I'm enjoying this.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames ok i found the material you'd want for Magic Swords to have the Soul Steal effect. They are Pendelooks and they can be obtained from Spectres, Living Armors, Ghosts and Ghost Boxes.

Thank you!
I actually managed to beat nearly every boss besides the dragons by now. I might need to come back to this to beat those, though.

Edited by DragonFlames