• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And i now have Double Blow Wyvern Hilda, Death Blow Wyvern Claude, Darting Blow Sniper Leonie, Sonic fast Assassin Ignatz, Muscles Grappler Raphael and one shot killers Lys and Marianne

Golden Memes going strong.

And i think i cought up with maddening levels, for now. I shouldn't need to grind for a while.

You'd have to hate yourself to use Raphael on Maddening - FFS, I found him a liability on Hard. He was too easy to double attack, and wasn't durable enough for me to overlook it (to say nothing of the fact that mages eat him alive). I eventually decided "fuck it" and dropped him in favor of a newly-recruited Ingrid on chapter 7, and I felt like my team improved like tenfold. I can't imagine using him on Maddening, where just about everything doubles him forever.

Edited by Shadow Mir

21 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

You'd have to hate yourself to use Raphael on Maddening

...he has like 25 Str at lvl 20, add Death Blow and Punchfaire and he just kills everything in one shot.

Grappler helped his speed, too!

The one i will most likely drop soon is Lorenz. He still has his uses though as a Stride bot xD

Edited by Shrimperor

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No one would say Super MK it's the best Mario Kart around, it has retro charm to it and invented the franchise, but thats it.

That''s how I feel about Pokemon RBG

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

LET'S FUCKING GO! God, it looks so clean! 

EO2RhJJVUAA3lFU?format=jpg&name=large

IT LOOKS SO GOOD AHHHHHHHHH!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHHHHHBHHHHHHHH 

TIME TO FUCKIN BINGE

2 hours ago, Armagon said:
Despite the headline, there's three things to note:

1. Initial supply wasn't that big

2. Most of what they had was sold out

3. Digital sales are (probably) not accounted for

This is basically Echoes all over again.

I'd say, perhaps another contribution was them buying the Wii U version en masse a few months ago.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

...he has like 25 Str at lvl 20, add Death Blow and Punchfaire and he just kills everything in one shot.

Grappler helped his speed, too!

The one i will most likely drop soon is Lorenz. He still has his uses though as a Stride bot xD

Which does a fat lot of good when you're so slow you cannot even double a snail on depressants. And have everything else problems on top of that.

I dunno about you, but that's all I need to know to deem him a lost cause - the fact that he sucks worse than Little Mac's recovery until level 20, and probably STILL sucks even then.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Despite the headline, there's three things to note:

1. Initial supply wasn't that big

2. Most of what they had was sold out

3. Digital sales are (probably) not accounted for

This is basically Echoes all over again.

Still, this doesn't raise my miniscule hopes of a sequel very much. International sales, please be good!

And seeing Shibuya 106 from this angle and with this lighting is unusual, considering how you see it ingame. For a very brief moment, the tall, rounded tower with big orange numbers atop it, made me question if someone had juxtaposed Kiria in NLA in front of BLADE Tower. You won't hear a "Dear Lord NO!" from me on that fantasy, Reincarnation would be salvation and liberation from the suffering of the NLA Theme.

I've done a little ballot stuffing on CYL4 Day 1, Touma (official ballot), Yashiro, Niime, and Asbel. When I can vote again, Sephiran (official), Julian, and two new others will be getting votes.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

I didn't get that stressed over Meruru though i do think the 100,000 population goal is dumb because the game doesn't actually tell you about it. But the overall gameplay is much, much better than Totori's so i'd rank it much higher because of it.

The normal ending for Meruru should have been after the initial three years, with the extension being a postgame of sorts.

I'd rank it higher than Totori, as well, not just for the gameplay, but for the characters, as well.

My current ranking of Atelier games would thusly be something like this: Lulua > Sophie > Ryza > Rorona > Meruru (this would have dethroned Sophie, if the game had its normal ending after the initial three years) > Totori

Bonus: Atelier protagonist ranking: Lulua > Meruru > Sophie > Rorona > Totori > Ryza

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

The normal ending for Meruru should have been after the initial three years, with the extension being a postgame of sorts.

Hard agree. The 30,000 population goal was the thing you're working towards on that game. 

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My current ranking of Atelier games would thusly be something like this: Lulua > Sophie > Ryza > Rorona > Meruru (this would have dethroned Sophie, if the game had its normal ending after the initial three years) > Totori

For me, it's: Lulua > Ryza > Rorona > Meruru >>>> Totori.

Too early to say for now but i predict Ayesha might rank higher than Rorona. 

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Bonus: Atelier protagonist ranking: Lulua > Meruru > Sophie > Rorona > Totori > Ryza

Damn, i didn't expect to see you rank Ryza that low.

I'm personally gonna wait until i'm done with the Dusk trilogy before ranking the protagonists, just so i have more to work with. I haven't really thought about that ranking and i kinda feel like i just like them all equally. Idk, i need to think about it.

So, I somehow managed to unlock the means to fight the boss in Mt. Velus. On the way to him, there's a dragon mini-boss that took quite a few resources to defeat, forcing me to leave the area to restock. Go back in and guess who's back? Yup, the dragon.
Best part is, the thing is unavoidable! Yay...
3qhkYeB.jpg

At least I found out that Atelier and Nights of Azure share music.
The melody to Mimi's Special Attack, Angel Horn (relevant part of that video is 2 minutes in), is nearly identical to this theme from Nights of Azure.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Damn, i didn't expect to see you rank Ryza that low.

That doesn't mean I dislike her, though. I just liked the others a bit more than her, is all. Ryza is still awesome in my book.

Edited by DragonFlames

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

At least I found out that Atelier and Nights of Azure share music.

Literally, since one of the Change BGM options contains Nights of Azure music.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So, I somehow managed to unlock the means to fight the boss in Mt. Velus. On the way to him, there's a dragon mini-boss that took quite a few resources to defeat, forcing me to leave the area to restock. Go back in and guess who's back? Yup, the dragon.
Best part is, the thing is unavoidable! Yay...

Ooof.

I take it you're going for the ending that requires the Mt. Velus boss to be defeated?

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Literally, since one of the Change BGM options contains Nights of Azure music.

It does? I haven't seen that in Atelier Meruru.

EDIT: I just checked and it does contain a version of the Arena battle theme in Nights of Azure. Seems the original theme was from an Atelier game, which the theme in the Change BGM menu is labelled as. Interesting.
But there doesn't seem to be any music from Nights of Azure there. Unless I missed something.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ooof.
I take it you're going for the ending that requires the Mt. Velus boss to be defeated?

I'm going for any ending that isn't the "haha, you failed to get 100,000 people!" one. It's pure desperation at this point.
I don't want to ruin poor Meruru's dreams. I'm too attached, damn it!

Edited by DragonFlames

EO7cAxPWAAAeWei?format=png&name=900x900

Happy Ayesha

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It does? I haven't seen that in Atelier Meruru.

That's......not right. Although maybe it's in one of the additional music packs that's DLC.

Speaking of Change BGM, Atelier Ayesha contains Atelier music all the way up to Lydie & Suelle. No Lulua or Ryza music which is odd. I'd say it's because those games are too new but Lulua had L&S music in the Change BGM (granted, you had to download the free Atelier music pack since base game only has music from Atelier Rorona and Atelier Lulua). I'm not sure if there's any additonal music packs for Atelier Dusk DX. I'd have to check.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm going for any ending that isn't the "haha, you failed to get 100,000 people!" one. It's pure desperation at this point.
I don't want to ruin poor Meruru's dreams. I'm too attached, damn it!

Well if it's any consolation, know that she canonically succeeds, as shown in Atelier Lulua.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Onto Xenosaga Episode III! Just started and I really appreciate how much of an improvement the battle system is!  

You really breezed through the entire trilogy that fast, huh? Jesus Christ (haha get it).

Episode III's combat is the best of the pre-Blade games. I really, really liked the mech fights in that one.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's......not right. Although maybe it's in one of the additional music packs that's DLC.

That might be it, yeah.
I think I remember seeing a music pack containing Nights of Azure 2 music for one of the Mysterious games some time ago. It might have been Lydie & Suelle, but I'm not entirely sure.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well if it's any consolation, know that she canonically succeeds, as shown in Atelier Lulua.

I know.
It still sucks, to be honest.

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which does a fat lot of good when you're so slow you cannot even double a snail on depressants. And have everything else problems on top of that.

Ummm, Knuckles? Brave effect and all

And he isn't thaaaaaat slow, infact my Raphael is faster then Byleth, and is only below average because my Team is filled with Speedesters xD

Sorry, Lorenz, but when you have 8 Cha at lvl 17, i can't believe you've been dancing all your life xD.

Now, to make a dodge dancer Flayn or Dancer Marianne hmmm

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Others: "Who posts in Serenes Forest at 3 a.m.?"
Me: "Oh boy, 3 a.m.!"

Shhhh, let's disguise ourselves as americans

LMAOOOOO

@DragonFlames @Shrimperor look at this. And be sure to read the first reply because it gets better.

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ummm, Knuckles? Brave effect and all

And he isn't thaaaaaat slow, infact my Raphael is faster then Byleth, and is only below average because my Team is filled with Speedesters xD

Bruh, that is one very blessed Raphael.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

look at this. And be sure to read the first reply because it gets better.

Lmaoooo. What a Hero.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bruh, that is one very blessed Raphael

So i've been told. Wait until i tell you about my Ignatz

Edited by Shrimperor