• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when I did the data fights in 2.5. Had the bright idea to be on Critical. Some of them were.... phew. By the end I was not sorry to just stun-lock the Lingering Will to submission. I take it the fights in ReMind are not-quite-the-same?

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I remember when I did the data fights in 2.5. Had the bright idea to be on Critical. Some of them were.... phew. By the end I was not sorry to just stun-lock the Lingering Will to submission. I take it the fights in ReMind are not-quite-the-same?

Nope, they are for sure not the same. They for sure deserve to be called super bosses here. I just took a break after about 2 hours of getting destroyed. I dont want to spoil anything, though. If you are going to attempt it, I wish you luck, and alot of it.

Edited by lightcosmo

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Nope, they are for sure not the same. They for sure deserve to be called super bosses here. I just took a break after about 2 hours of getting destroyed. I dont want to spoil anything, though. If you are going to attempt it, I wish you luck, and alot of it.

Man, I can only imagine now.

I don't have the game. Nor a console capable of playing it. It's alright, I don't mind being spoiled on things. I had already looked up a video of the Luxord fight.

Been playing some Atelier Sophie today as part of my mentioned "I want to revisit this with the knowledge I've gained from the other games" plan and I've pinpointed the exact moment I fell in love with the game and said "Yep, I'm gonna try more games in this franchise":
X2MdaeN.jpg
The game had me hooked before then, but when I saw this for the first time, that pretty much sealed it.
The music that plays here is very fitting, as well.

Put both of these together and you have a beautiful atmosphere that makes me absolutely sentimental.

Funny story: When I first saw this, I left the game there for a good 10 minutes or so and just took in the atmosphere.

EDIT: Just for comparison's sake, here's the same scenery during daytime:
9TMIVq4.jpg

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Huh, Digimon Adventure is getting a reboot series?

My my, don't quite know what to think. This is a very surprising development. Although I have seen people theorize it might tie to the movie. It's coming right after, so a connection is very likely.

This is very interesting.
Tri left me with some mixed emotions, honestly (as it did for many people, as far as I know), so I'm not too sure what to feel about this, either. I guess I'll give it a whirl when it actually happens.

3 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Getting sick when the weekend begins is awkward, but since so many people at work were sick, I expected and feared it would happen to me.

Get well soon!

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

BRUH LMAOOOOOOO

That joke was brewing in my head since the moment I made the connection.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

wgxtusuq8gb41.png

The Atelier Totori one made me laugh the hardest. XD

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have downloaded Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore and pre-loaded Rune Factory 4 Special

Nice.

Have fun!

Edited by DragonFlames

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Man, I can only imagine now.

I don't have the game. Nor a console capable of playing it. It's alright, I don't mind being spoiled on things. I had already looked up a video of the Luxord fight.

Once I learned his attack patterns, it wasn't so bad. Larxene was the same way, although her crazy speed kinda shocked me. 

It's fun if you like a challenge. One thing that annoys me is that they almost always have unlockable attacks. The speed of the fights is very high paced as well, which isn't for everyone.

@Shrimperor @DragonFlames 

Bad news. The Million Arthur DLC in Megadimension Neptunia has been permanetly pulled from the PSN and Steam stores. The reason is because CF/IF's licensing contract with Square Enix for the legal rights of Million Arthur expired. If you already had her (like we do) then nothing happens but future players will never be able to get her. A similar thing happened with Gust and NISA in the original Neptunia trilogy but since the original games exist, so do they. Million Arthur, on the other hand, is just gone forever. 

I think having DLC Makers is not a good thing anymore because there's the risk of this.

Took a break from KH3 to play Xenosaga III. I just beat Black Testament and am at the Labyrinthos segment. I really like this part of the game, personally. Every time I play this game, I always look forward to this point. Coming up to Blue Testament soon, he is kinda the midway point to where the game starts to get more difficult.

Also, I have way more fun playing Hakox than I should. The puzzles are so intricate and it gets rather addicting.

Edited by lightcosmo

9 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Ilyana appears in Tokyo Mirage Sessions

The Carabia accessory shop employee also bears a resemblance to someone else from FE:

109?cb=20081029230303

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I have downloaded Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore and pre-loaded Rune Factory 4 Special

Hope you enjoy them both. If you need TMS tips, I'll offer what I can.

--

I tried starting up Civilization VI again and continue my old Domination Victory try. I still don't have the heart to fight Gandhi, he has basically no army, and I could take his capital Delhi in about 20 turns, which is all I need from him. But, I can't turn my Crossbowmen on a fictional Gandhi without guilt.

l'll try Religion with Harald Harada and Norway instead. Or a Culture with France or someone else.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think having DLC Makers is not a good thing anymore because there's the risk of this.

umu. Which is why they should continue with the whole 'sha' thing they did in MegaNep.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Carabia accessory shop employee also bears a resemblance to someone else from FE:

109?cb=20081029230303

I noticed her, but I did not recognize it's suppossed to be Aimee.

I really like these little references to other FE parts than the Perfomas are from.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Get well soon!

Thanks!

Actually I am feeling fine today aside of having slept terribly. 

^ Yeah, it's true.

Hopefully there will be more references to other games than the ones the Performas are from.

TMS might not have the quality of Persona in terms of plot, but it is still enjoyable so far.

I hope I'll get Elonora soon, her design is most interesting of the characters I've seen yet.

I went out today and got Trails of Cold Steel III and Dragon Star Varnir. I played both until the first mandatory save point. Here are some impressions and things I've noticed during the short playtime:

Trails of Cold Steel III:

• The new guys seem cool. I dig the pink-haired girl's tonfas. Green-haired lady seems like she'll be a source of comedy. Altina is best girl tier (and also she's apparently a CPU now, going by the animation of her new S-Craft). The two bros seem cool as well; so far, the red-haired dude has the potential to become a favorite between the two of them.
  • The music is fantastic... is what I would say if it wasn't so dang quiet compared to everything else. Which is a shame, because from what I've heard of it, the soundtrack is as per Falcom usual.
  • Opening the game in medias res during an attack on a fort... I love me some callbacks.
  • They made the combat animations flow much better than the other two games, making battles overall much smoother, though the animations for casting Magic still feel very stiff.
  • In combat, the display for your team's HP and such is very small and tucked away in a corner of the screen. I think I prefer the older games in this regard, where they were neatly organized at the bottom of the screen and in a decent size. This will take some time getting used to.
  • All gripes listed here are not game breaking.

Dragon Star Varnir:

• This game's plot has the potential to give me depression if it goes the way I think it'll inevitably go.
  • That said, I LOVE this game's premise and it has built it up really nicely so far.
  • The game so far has introduced three characters, all of whom seem likeable. One of the girls seems really keen on killing everything (she'd get along well with Dimitri, I imagine).
  • The combat system is absolutely great. I like the idea of different plains on the battle field that you can switch between and depending on where you are in relation to your enemies (higher, on the same plain or lower), it gives different attacks different buffs or debuffs. Kudos to Compile Heart/Idea Factory (whoever is the actual developer) for always finding ways to make the turn-based combat seem fresh and innovative.
  • They took the idea of Velvet's Demon Arm's ability to devour enemies and gain their powers from Tales of Berseria and made an actual game mechanic out of it instead of a battle only stat buff.
  • That said, I'm not sure I fully grasp the mechanic yet. I guess I'll just figure it out as I go along.
  • Characters having different abilities in the overworld, so you have to switch who you control as you travel, is neat.
  • Another thing that I noticed is that in two seperate battles, the two girls suddenly went all HDD on me without any input from my end. What influenced this or what the transformation actually does in the long run remains to be seen.
  • It has dragons.
  • The music is amazing. Especially the opening song.

Now I have to decide which game to play through first. Decisions, decisions.

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimperor @DragonFlames 

Bad news. The Million Arthur DLC in Megadimension Neptunia has been permanetly pulled from the PSN and Steam stores. The reason is because CF/IF's licensing contract with Square Enix for the legal rights of Million Arthur expired. If you already had her (like we do) then nothing happens but future players will never be able to get her. A similar thing happened with Gust and NISA in the original Neptunia trilogy but since the original games exist, so do they. Million Arthur, on the other hand, is just gone forever. 

Yeah, that's about what I figured. Luckily, I already got Milly, so I'm not missing out on this, but I agree.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlamesas a fellow Flayn-o-Fish'er, i think you will like this

Reveal hidden contents

cvuiWaP.jpg

*nods* Very much so.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

and lol

Reveal hidden contents

aCaZ9Pc.jpg

says the girl who's MVP 90% of the Maps and kills everything with a training axe xD

This irony is exactly why I like her.