The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Played through the Prolouge chapter of TMS on Hard. Pretty good, pretty good. I can see Session attacks becoming addicting. Although the one thing i don't like is that you can't sprint. This game feels like one where you should be able to yet Itsuki has one set speed for movement and it's kinda slow.

On the technical side, TMS runs pretty damn well on handheld. Though the text can be a bit small. I haven't gotten to play it on TV yet.

Anyways, onto Atelier Ayesha, i'm honestly questioning why this game is considered the Atelier starting point. The game isn't hard by any means but it does a really bad job at explaining things. I've got five Atelier games under my belt (well four, i never finished Totori) and Ayesha is the first Atelier game where i don't actually understand how alchemy works. I'm honestly just rolling with it. Don't even get me started on the weapon/equipment upgrades. There's no forge and you don't directly synthesize them. Instead, new weapons and armor are enemy drops because sure, why not? Then there's this thing about using whetstones and dyes to transfer traits and shit onto weapons and armor respectively. I don't know man, i'm really just rolling with it. Rorona was a way better starting point.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you need TMS tips, I'll offer what I can.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

the red-haired dude

Randy or Agate? There's two red-haired guys in Trails (at least among the playable ones). Either way, Agate is cool and Randy's a chad. I think you'll like them.

I will say i am a bit concerned you're choosing to jump into Cold Steel 3 now since iirc, you haven't played any Trails games before Cold Steel and Cold Steel 3 really assumes you've played every game before it (this is why CS3 coming to Switch, a console that lacks any of the previous entries, is baffling to me). If you choose to keep playing, just keep in mind you might end up feeling lost on a few things.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Armagon said:

Anyways, onto Atelier Ayesha, i'm honestly questioning why this game is considered the Atelier starting point. The game isn't hard by any means but it does a really bad job at explaining things. I've got five Atelier games under my belt (well four, i never finished Totori) and Ayesha is the first Atelier game where i don't actually understand how alchemy works. I'm honestly just rolling with it. Don't even get me started on the weapon/equipment upgrades. There's no forge and you don't directly synthesize them. Instead, new weapons and armor are enemy drops because sure, why not? Then there's this thing about using whetstones and dyes to transfer traits and shit onto weapons and armor respectively. I don't know man, i'm really just rolling with it. Rorona was a way better starting point.

Yikes.
Sounds like it's a good thing we both played other Atelier games first.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Randy or Agate? There's two red-haired guys in Trails (at least among the playable ones). Either way, Agate is cool and Randy's a chad. I think you'll like them.

According to the artbook that came with the game, his name is Ash.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will say i am a bit concerned you're choosing to jump into Cold Steel 3 now since iirc, you haven't played any Trails games before Cold Steel and Cold Steel 3 really assumes you've played every game before it (this is why CS3 coming to Switch, a console that lacks any of the previous entries, is baffling to me). If you choose to keep playing, just keep in mind you might end up feeling lost on a few things.

There is an encyclopedia accessible from the start screen that explains what happened in Cold Steel 1 and 2 and some other stuff, too. I haven't looked at it too closely, but I assume I'll find some things in there. If not, I'll just roll with it or look it up or ask one of you guys.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

According to the artbook that came with the game, his name is Ash.

>Ash

>Red hair

Wat

latest?cb=20180531153315

That's......not red hair. 

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yikes.
Sounds like it's a good thing we both played other Atelier games first.

Yeah, i haven't played Sophie yet but that one seems like a much better starting point than Ayesha too (though the games without time-limits are generally easier to get into, especially for people who are wary about time-limits).

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Ash

>Red hair

Wat

latest?cb=20180531153315

That's......not red hair.

Right... he doesn't have red hair. His attacks incorporate a lot of red in them (especially his bloody (literally) S-Craft) and his weapon is red, so I guess I assumed his hair was red, too?
Gods damn it, brain.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i haven't played Sophie yet but that one seems like a much better starting point than Ayesha too (though the games without time-limits are generally easier to get into, especially for people who are wary about time-limits).

Yup. Sophie's alchemy systems is one of the easier ones to wrap your head around and simultaneously one of the most expansive ones in the series (that I've played).
Though despite the time limit being present, I'd say Rorona works almost equally well as a first game.

Goodbye blue Testament, it was fun. One thing I never totally understood is: 

Spoiler

Why Virgil falls in love with Febronia. I mean, is it really because she saves his life and treats him well? Dont get me wrong, I think it's really sweet that he hates realians but gives her a chance. It just happens so fast and I'm not 100% sure why it happens. 

I spoiled that just in case, didn't want to spoil story stuff.

11 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Oh my gooooood, I ruined my FE5 run.

I forgot to recruit Sara in chapter 17a, and I have fucking overwritten my savefile.

Ain't it a good time for those three words?

Like other traveling stages, it is possible to miss the platform as it appears and be KO'd at the bottom blast line. All locations of the stage have walk-off blast lines.

Okay,. this is definitely not gonna be tournament legal.

Edited by Shadow Mir

tfw you cancel an outing with friends due to stomache <.<

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:
  • Another thing that I noticed is that in two seperate battles, the two girls suddenly went all HDD on me without any input from my end. What influenced this or what the transformation actually does in the long run remains to be seen.
  •  

Their is an orb near their HP bars. When that Orb is filled up, they transform.

Also, beware the Imouto system.

And enjoy 😄

On the whole thing about Byleth in Smash, I turned out to be right when I said that the new FE game's protagonist would have to be DLC.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw you cancel an outing with friends due to stomache <.<

Their is an orb near their HP bars. When that Orb is filled up, they transform.

Also, beware the Imouto system.

And enjoy 😄

Oof. Also, did you try to fight Dr. Wily?

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nope, stuck at Rayman atm

Did you get the Sheriff spirit (which has Assist Killer)? There's a free one you can get if you have a bomb spirit.

Which one of Marth, Villager, or Sheik did you take first?

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Did you get the Sheriff spirit (which has Assist Killer)? There's a free one you can get if you have a bomb spirit.

Which one of Marth, Villager, or Sheik did you take first?

Got Sheriff after i defeated Raymen xD

And i went Marth ofc

On 1/24/2020 at 12:01 AM, Shrimperor said:

Oh i got that Pauline one in the spirit board yesterday. No idea how it's even doable.

Speaking of the Spirit Board, it has its fair share of sadistic challenges. Like Metal Mario, which pits you against - what else - a metal Mario. Think back to 64, except he can take even more punishment before you might be able to eject him.

Edited by Shadow Mir

And i just did my probably favourite map in the game, and this time, it was even more fun! And Roar of Dominion hypes me up as usual.

Spoiler

iaEd4Eb.jpg

First thing: Marianne one-shots.... with a Fire Orb xD

Spoiler

Mv3rley.jpg
And then DK rushes to Lys lmao. Poor Jeritza

Hilda in a nutshell

Spoiler

TnGIV7X.jpg

And then a NPC priest decides to imitate her and crits with a Silver Sword lmao

Spoiler

ZjOTrVM.jpg

Claudey boy saying the truth

Spoiler

sL5wBWO.jpg

Before his future wife finishes off her imperial waifuness

Spoiler

At4ucYh.jpg

Also, the Pegasi in this map were wew, 29 freaking AS. Only my girl Leonie could deal with them without getting doubled (who could double them thanks to Darting Blow.). 

Also, who'd win: 

The Adrestian Army

or

One Almyran boi

Spoiler

ZJzPHOS.jpg

Party at the end of Part 1, Golden Deer

Spoiler

RNPpWBU.jpg
MAeajKG.jpg

Edited by Shrimperor