The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Juna: Sledgehammer is dumb as fuck. I think she's an okay character, but after playing the Crossbell games, her inclusion and supposed background with the S.S.S. seems a bit weird. The best way I can describe it is in Chapter 2. I won't go into spoilers, but something happens, a character from the Crossbell games is there, and it feels like that character should have been the focus instead of Juna.

Kurt: ToCSIII has some translation errors, and that includes his Brave Order; it implies it cuts delay numbers by 30%, when it's actually 70%. So an action giving 10 delay would instead give 3. This is ridicious. Kurt's better than Juna, imo.

Altina: Best school outfit/10. I'm not too keen on her character, but it's an improvement compared to ToCSII.

Musse: Rean is going to get fired. Strangely enjoyable character, easily my favourite of the new characters.

Ash: Jedi said Ash would be my favourite character from this game. At first, I couldn't see it, but by the end he's definitely my second favourite.

Also, Rean is at his best in this game. Keep the glasses on him.

EDIT: Gonna shill the SF Falcom Discord server, may as well. If you want to enter, hit me up.

Edited by DodgeDusk

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAOOO, THE PRIZE FOR WINNING SMASH ULTIMATE IN EVO JAPAN IS A FUCKING PRO CONTROLLER

Competitive Smash is a joke and people who play Smash competitivly are clowns. Me. I'm a clown.

4 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Juna: Sledgehammer is dumb as fuck. I think she's an okay character, but after playing the Crossbell games, her inclusion and supposed background with the S.S.S. seems a bit weird. The best way I can describe it is in Chapter 2. I won't go into spoilers, but something happens, a character from the Crossbell games is there, and it feels like that character should have been the focus instead of Juna.

Yeah, i remember when i first read about Juna on the Wiki, i thought she simply saw the SSS as her role models. But then i saw a subbed playthrough and her actually knowing them on a personal level is a bit odd. I think if she had shown up in the Crossbell games (in a way similar to Duvalie and her knights) before being made a full-fledged character in Cold Steel 3, it would've gone better.

In the grand scheme of things though, it's not that big a deal. It's weird when you think about it but it's pretty easy to just roll with it.

5 hours ago, Rosalina said:

TMS question:

Can the elite monsters be defeated at once? 

Game tells me about a Special Performance, but I do not have a clue what it is. Is it the combo attack after hitting an enemy's weakness? 

Are you talking about the Sessions (idk if it's called something different in other versions)? Cause that's what a Session is. 

The way a Session triggers is that a character has to hit an enemy's weakness and then if the other party members have a Session Skill that target that weakness, it'll activate. I think. @Interdimensional Observer can probably anwser it better than i can.

18 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Their is an orb near their HP bars. When that Orb is filled up, they transform.

Also, beware the Imouto system.

And enjoy 😄

Dragon Awakening is interesting and it looks badass, too.

Feed the little sisters or they go mad! Feed them too much, they go Dragon Mode (and not the good kind, either).
What a crappy fate to have. Jesus.

I'm very much enjoying myself. The game is awesome so far (reached Chapter 4). I like all the playable characters, the dungeon design is amazing (in my opinion, at least), and the story has already pulled my heartstrings more than once. The thing with Ruruta was shocking. I seriously thought it'd go like "you were ALMOST too late, but you barely made it in time!" like it would be in other games. Not this one. And the scenes after that just sold it even more. IF/CH knows how to write emotional scenes that shatter your heart into a million pieces.

Also

Charlotta best girl.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimperor @DragonFlames @Rosalina

EPJSQ_yUcAIbE89?format=jpg&name=360x360

EPJUsz-UUAA8Flo?format=jpg&name=small

Same English VA.

Ayup. He also voiced these two. More info on the latter, if you're curious.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Feed the little sisters or they go mad! Feed them too much, they go Dragon Mode (and not the good kind, either).

It's mostly used as an anti grind mechanic. Don't stay too long in dungeons and be sure to atleast check back at every save point (since you can teleport from/to them now.) or if you feel you've been there for too long, just return and check on them.

I knew it XD

'm very much enjoying myself. The game is awesome so far (reached Chapter 4). I like all the playable characters, the dungeon design is amazing (in my opinion, at least), and the story has already pulled my heartstrings more than once. The thing with Ruruta was shocking. I seriously thought it'd go like "you were ALMOST too late, but you barely made it in time!" like it would be in other games. Not this one. And the scenes after that just sold it even more. IF/CH knows how to write emotional scenes that shatter your heart into a million pieces.

Imo. IF/CH's best written non-nep game and characters. Story might be predictable, but the characters are just sooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's mostly used as an anti grind mechanic. Don't stay too long in dungeons and be sure to atleast check back at every save point (since you can teleport from/to them now.) or if you feel you've been there for too long, just return and check on them.

Will keep this in mind. Thanks! They won't die on my watch!

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I knew it XD

How can this be?!?

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Imo. IF/CH's best written non-nep game and characters. Story might be predictable, but the characters are just sooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

The characters are great and the writing has been top notch so far. I have a few suspicions as to what's going, but I can't really say anything for sure, so it isn't exactly predictable to me, either. Stuff can go either way, really. And I love it!

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How can this be?!?

OOF Serenes quoting fucked up again xD
I was responding to your best girl comment with that xD

on another matter
https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/etu6pr/kiss_kiss_fall_in_love_commission/

a cute image of our fav. Fish girl

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
OOF Serenes quoting fucked up again xD

I was responding to your best girl comment with that xD

Ah, that. I was confused there for a sec, but I almost figured that's what you meant.
Out of curiosity: how did you know?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

All of my "Awwwwww"s.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, planning to get mad end or nah?

Between a mad end and Nah, I'd rather have Nah.

As I haven't checked up on anything prior to buying this game (or after), I'm assuming this is the bad ending? If so, then I'm not trying to get it on my first playthrough. As usual, I'll just play the game and see where I'll end up in the end.
If I do happen to get it, then that's that, I suppose. XD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm assuming this is the bad ending?

'bad' is an understatement
It makes conquest end look like a happy end xD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As usual, I'll just play the game and see where I'll end up in the end.

If you get true end, don't just NG+ right away. The game has a post game with a dungeon.

Anyway, time to meet my grown up golden memers!

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

'bad' is an understatement
It makes conquest end look like a happy end xD

Then I think I'll try to avoid it.
I'm still recovering from... That.

If you get true end, don't just NG+ right away. The game has a post game with a dungeon.

Good to know! Thank you!

Anyway, time to meet my grown up golden memers!

Enjoy!

8 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Game tells me about a Special Performance, but I do not have a clue what it is. Is it the combo attack after hitting an enemy's weakness?

The combo attacks are called Sessions.

Special Performances are the command skills that consume SP. For instance, Itsuki and Chrom have Empty Wave, obtained simply by making one new Carnage for him. They're usually quite good, hence their limited usability.

All Special Performances cost 1 or 2 SP, and the max you can possess at any time is 3. Your current SP is shown in the upper right corner in blue, with a bar beneath it that fill as you use more skills and for each hit of a Session. Unbuyable items called Claptracks can be used to replenish 1 SP, if you need it for a boss or something.

8 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Can the elite monsters be defeated at once?

I did take down a group of Savages on my current Lunatic run in Chapter 1, but for the first two chapters, I wouldn't advise it unless you quickly save beforehand. Savages scale with your current level, and I think they get replaced for stronger ones every 10 levels at either '0 or '9, so to make things slightly more manageable, wait until ~'8 before fighting them if you want.

Savages become much easier with certain Special Performances later. Kiria's Pastel Power and Eleonora's Mass Destruction (with a Skl-boosting accessory to up her chances of fatal damage) are the best ones for Savages.

If you don't want to fight a Savage, the game will always let one of your characters act before any of the Savages do. Enemies once in while drop Smoke Machines, which are later buyable, these are 100% certain to escape consumables, carry some in case you bump into a Savage and use one on your mercy turn.

The mercy turn can randomly go to anyone, but if you want to fight a Savage encounter and are relying on a certain Special Performance to win, keep that character in the Sub-Cast, not the active trio. That way, on the 2/3rds chance someone not Itsuki is chosen, you can swap them in, which doesn't waste an action.

Savages always reward you with Detritus, which you can later trade for permanent stat-boosting Incenses. Trading 100 Detritus will lead you to then have to fight a little battle which will let you Radiant Unity Locktouch for Itsuki, making Treasure Keys no longer needed for certain chests and giving an increase to enemy drop rates. The pay-to-win grinding DLC for the Wii U version is already in TMS Encore for free (check this "Hall of Aspirations" I think), and is an easier way to accrue Detritus than Savages.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

The way a Session triggers is that a character has to hit an enemy's weakness and then if the other party members have a Session Skill that target that weakness, it'll activate. I think. @Interdimensional Observer can probably anwser it better than i can.

Only the Command Skill that triggers the Session must hit a weakness, nothing else must. However, if a Session Skill is Nulled, Absorbed, or Repelled, or on the very rare chance of a miss, the Session will terminate there. The game will never trigger a Session that is terminated prematurely due to Nu/Ab/Rp unless it is the only way to continue it from the prior hit.

Never teach anyone the Passive called Pierce though, they didn't fix the glitch around it. It's supposed to make physical attacks ignore Resistance and deal normal damage, but in Sessions the game wrongly thinks it works against Nu/Ab/Rp too, which it doesn't, resulting in Sessions getting terminated early. Penetrate, a stronger version of Pierce which is an endgame Passive for Touma, works totally fine and won't ruin Sessions though.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ho-Oh is dreaded?

How would you deal with a Charizard that you can't even approach without taking damage on account of permanent fire breath?

Edited by Shadow Mir

8 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

How would you deal with a Charizard that you can't even approach without taking damage on account of permanent fire breath?

Phantom spam. Zelda is busted in casual Smash.