The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer i'm noticing an odd difficulty spike in the second dungeon of TMS. The armor knights and the thing that uses Flux are taking down my characters pretty quickly (Touma got hit by Flux and he just died on the spot). Any countermeasures? FYI, i'm playing on Hard.

Is this Chapter 1 or 2? Are you counting the short Prologue as the first dungeon?

During my ongoing Lunatic playthrough, I found the start of both the Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 dungeons to start difficult, but as I got through them and leveled and made new Carnages, the fights got easier. Prioritizing the right enemies to kill helps, but it's still tricky at the very beginning. Touma can Carnage Unity the Wind Spear and equip it to mitigate his weakness to Body (Flux's element, aka "Dark") in exchange for gaining an Elec weakness by the end of Chapter 1.

Don't be afraid to run from fights if need be, or save frequently, or leave the Idolasphere to heal often (a vending machine drink heals equally well as a more expensive meal). It'll smooth out as the game goes further along and more skills and playable character become available. 

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Think you're gonna go for beating Omega Id?

Probably?

Ah, I hate fighting Margulis/E.S. Levi, its strength is absurd! Although, I do really like his battle theme. 

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is this Chapter 1 or 2? Are you counting the short Prologue as the first dungeon?

Chapter 1. I'm counting the prolouge dungeon as the first dungeon.

Once I find a warp point, I'll leave to see if I can give Touma the Wind Spear. To see if that helps.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Probably?

Ah, I hate fighting Margulis/E.S. Levi, its strength is absurd! Although, I do really like his battle theme. 

E.S Levi is still easier than Omega ID tho.

But fighting Omega ID is something you still wanna do because it allows you go get Erde Kaiser Sigma later on, a.k.a the thing that deletes the game.

I could play the bs that is Marianne's paralogue....

Or i could use the warp spell!

Seriously though, that map is such bs. Especially with every fox having pass <.<

I could 2 turn it thankfully and didn't have to Rng bullshit my way through more than one turn.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

E.S Levi is still easier than Omega ID tho.

But fighting Omega ID is something you still wanna do because it allows you go get Erde Kaiser Sigma later on, a.k.a the thing that deletes the game.

The E.S. Levi is the boss I struggled to beat my first time through the game, I didn't realise his Anima Awakening special was fire, and that was my mistake.

Without Fire Resistance/Charge, you literally can't survive his special. With poor preparations this fight is just very difficult, to me.

Also, Omega is an extra boss, the Levi isn't, if I walk into the battle with Omega, I made that choice.

• Performance targets at work for Oct 2019 = hit
  • Performance targets at work for Nov 2019 = not hit
  • Performance targets at work for Dec 2019 = hit (somewhat)

Two out of three ain't half bad. Might be getting a couple games in the middle of February as a reward.

Marianne's paralogue isn't that hard. Just take it slow. none of the enemies even move unless you get in their attack range or attack the boss. Just buy a bunch of torches and stay out of the enemies way and you're fine.

Edited by Caster

"Here, use this knife. It's the one I plan on assassinating you with. Super sharp."
"You're a quick study, though. I guess he's learned how to use a knife. Alright, let's kill him!"
- one character in Dragon Star Varnir, trying to win me over. It's working.

Dragon Star Varnir ramped up its difficulty to quite the ridiculous levels recently. Even normal battles are ball-busters, to say nothing of the bosses. One boss I fought earlier could attack FOUR TIMES in one turn. Even the normal enemies are starting to attack twice or even three times now. Holy hell, this game does not pull any punches, does it?
Neither does the story, btw. I am absolutely in love with the game right now, even if the gripes are starting to pile up a bit (mostly pertaining to the battle system). More on that when I'm done. I think I'll be writing a "review" for this one, because I have quite a lot to say about it, I believe.

Also, is it just me, or does the Dragon Awakening form of Zephy (the protagonist) kinda make him look like a demonic male version of Black Heart?

oJOitVi.jpg
b1QZ0Kp.jpg

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

I didn't either. Tbh, i've got a lot of quests unfinished in Atelier Ryza. Maybe i'll go back to them one day.

Same.

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

So i got the boss to like 30% HP and then it just decided to kaboom and wipe out my entire party. I'm done lmao. For real this time. I still liked the game but i've already looked up the normal and true endings. Escha and Logy time is coming up soon.

Oof.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, is it just me, or does the Dragon Awakening form of Zephy (the protagonist) kinda make him look like a demonic male version of Black Heart?

Reveal hidden contents

oJOitVi.jpg
b1QZ0Kp.jpg

Sure looks like it to me.

So Byleth dropped in Smash today and man, she's mad fun. I can't think of a single character i've broken more shields with than with Byleth. In terms of how fun she is in comparison to the other DLC fighters, she's the second funniest character to play. Joker and Terry are too technical for me, Banjo is Banjo and Hero's fucking hilarious.

Also Byleth's skins are clean and so are her victory screens. Definitly maining her along with Zelda who actually recieved substantial buffs! LONG HAVE I WAITED!!!

IMG_20191001_194939.jpg?width=400&height

11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That was probably intentional tbh. Compile Heart seems like the type of people to do that.

11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Oof.

Oof indeed. I went online and there's like 50 threads on people getting stuck on Fortress so it's safe to say i'm not the only one.

Unrelated but i did some digging. Dusk Logy and Mysterious Logy are two different people. Not sure why they chose Logy of all people to be a "multiple". Appearently Hagel also shows up outside of Arland.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Completed Xenosaga III. The final boss is really easy, I think Red Testament is much more difficult to beat than the final boss. My party is around level 60. Not a bad playthrough.

I cheesed both the final boss and Red Testament because i did the Erde Kaiser sidequest line to get Erde Kaiser Sigma, which just deletes the game. Equip the Moon Badge on Momo and watch her just win.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

who actually recieved substantial buffs! LONG HAVE I WAITED!!!

YAY! Zelda is my 2nd pick

me atm

ce68ac827852aec0f097e58d930c2032.gif

I played with Byleth a bit, and finished the Spirit board. A bit slow for my tastes (I usually prefer fast Characters, with Marth/Lucina being my main). Hits hard though. Like lol you can kill with Aymr at 30%

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hits hard though. Like lol you can kill with Aymr at 30%

And any move that involves Amyr just deletes shields. Byleth deals a lot of shield damage but the Amyr moves in particular. If you shield her Down Smash or her Dair, your shield either becomes an M&M or it breaks.

Soooo, my absolute favorite boss from Trails of Cold Steel 1 just appeared in Dragon Star Varnir.
XqInHvf.jpg

Makes you wonder where Falcom was in MegaNep VII.

At this point, I am half-expecting Nyala, VFD or any of the Three Spears to show up.

That was probably intentional tbh. Compile Heart seems like the type of people to do that.

Most likely, yeah. I like callbacks like this, honestly.

Unrelated but i did some digging. Dusk Logy and Mysterious Logy are two different people. Not sure why they chose Logy of all people to be a "multiple". Appearently Hagel also shows up outside of Arland.

Huh, interesting.
Hagel appearing outside of Arland would explain where he went in Lulua (that, or he died of old age).

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I cheesed both the final boss and Red Testament because i did the Erde Kaiser sidequest line to get Erde Kaiser Sigma, which just deletes the game. Equip the Moon Badge on Momo and watch her just win.

I would rather not do this, since it takes the enjoyment out of the game.

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hagel appearing outside of Arland would explain where he went in Lulua (that, or he died of old age).

Hagel is mentioned by Cole to be traveling. But at any rate, each version of Hagel would be different.

Looking it up, apart from Arland, Hagel shows up in the Atelier Iris Trilogy and in Atelier Lydie & Suelle. 

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I would rather not do this, since it takes the enjoyment out of the game.

I personally find it hilarious when you can break the game and cheese.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Soooo, my absolute favorite boss from Trails of Cold Steel 1 just appeared in Dragon Star Varnir.

There are actually 3 Falcom Dragons in that game

One from Sky, one from CS1 and the last from CS3.

You probably already fought the one from sky

Spoiler

20191014023904_1.jpg

This one

On another note, my Flayn has muscles. Alot of muscles. 25 STR lmao. I could proably reclass her to Sword Master and she would do a good job. Alas, i need a dancer

As for Leonie

Spoiler

20200129_013952.jpg

Crit Girl

Edited by Shrimperor

> Play Hide-and-Seek.
> Hide in the closet.
> Find out that the girl that saved your life hides in the same closet.
> Be found by the resident troll and the loli imouto who may or may not have a crush on you.
> Lol

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I personally find it hilarious when you can break the game and cheese.

This is my favorite thing to do in games. Sweet, delicious cheese!

Like that one boss in MegaNep VII that you can't damage with non-elemental attacks until you break his cape. Throw Rom and/or Ram at him = ultimate cheese.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There are actually 3 Falcom Dragons in that game

One from Sky, one from CS1 and the last from CS3.

You probably already fought the one from sky

Reveal hidden contents

20191014023904_1.jpg

This one

Interesting! So I'll get a glimpse of what a CS3 boss will look like before actually playing that game? Neat!

And yes, I fought the one from that screenshot already. Almost gave me a heart attack when I saw that the thing was level 60 while my characters where in the low-mid 20s.
How I won that battle is anyone's guess, because I have no f***ing clue.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

> Play Hide-and-Seek.
> Hide in the closet.
> Find out that the girl that saved your life hides in the same closet.
> Be found by the resident troll and the loli imouto who may or may not have a crush on you.
> Lol

I see you going for Marissa ending

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Almost gave me a heart attack when I saw that the thing was level 60 while my characters where in the low-mid 20s.

Levels in this game are no indication of what level you should be. Especially when playing on higher difficulties.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I see you going for Marissa ending

There are character endings, too? This game keeps getting better and better.
I just unlocked her events because they were interesting and I wanted to learn as much about the characters as I could.
That you unlock some pretty CGs while doing so is an added bonus, though I kinda wish advancing these events would give gameplay benefits, too, like in Persona or Stella Glow, considering the amount of money you have to spend to unlock these in a timely manner.

Now that I know this, I actually have a pretty hard time deciding whose ending I'd want to get first, considering I really do like all the characters in this game.
Charlotta is still somewhat on top (literally, in her second-to-last event *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*), I must admit, but I'm not opposed to any of the others, either.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Levels in this game are no indication of what level you should be. Especially when playing on higher difficulties.

Luckily, I figured that one out pretty quickly.
Not to mention it'd be impossible to be on that level at that point in the game without excessive grinding, which would most likely mean that one of the little sisters just dies. And I can't have that on my conscience.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Appearently Hagel also shows up outside of Arland.

Hagel is also a recurring character.

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

ce68ac827852aec0f097e58d930c2032.gif

YES! YES! YES! OH MY GOD...

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

XqInHvf.jpg

Makes you wonder where Falcom was in MegaNep VII.

At this point, I am half-expecting Nyala, VFD or any of the Three Spears to show up.

Did fighting it feel like fighting this?

maxresdefault.jpg