• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

There's that too, but I honestly think the Hero's Relics mostly fail to live up to their storyline reputation in gameplay; the Crusher in particular is especially awful.

I'd beg to differ. Many a time has Freikugel helped Hilda one-shot an enemy who would've dealt massive damage to her if they got to counterattack.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

To be fair, the design process for Xenoblade 2's Rare Blades was a unique one: all of them are designed by different artists different than the main one (and Nomura, who designed the villains) and the Rare Blade artists all had one rule: they were assigned to an element and a weapon. Besides that, anything was fair game. Provided it wasn't inappropriate, they could design the character to be whatever they wanted (though obviously it had to get approved in the end). Which is why you have a lot of really cool Rare Blades and some that........could've been better. 

Kozaki did another Xenoblade design, Aegaeon, and this one is more obvious that it was him

latest?cb=20190203040017

He's doing the Chrom pose. This is one of the cool ones.

"Cool" in an understatement for this one, I believe.

---

Trails of Cold Steel III really is Trails of Cold Steel 1 - The Revisitening; This time, we're on the WEST side of Heimdallr (seriously, checking the worldmap, it's almost comical how close old Thor's and new Thor's are to each other. The only difference is which direction you'd need to go to visit the capital. XD)
Another thing that has become hilarious to me, ever since Cold Steel 2, now that I think about it, is that every. Single. Freaking. Character in this series has to have some kind of nickname associated with them (i.e. the Red Baron trope), almost to the point of parody. And they only seem to get more outlandish the more they introduce. Off the top of my head, there are:
Ashen Chevalier
Azure Chevalier
Black Rabbit
White Rabbit
Icy Maiden
Radiant Blademaster
Golden Rakshasa
The Swift
The Stout
The Sharp
Zero Artisan
Sword Hermit
Purple Lightning
Steel Maiden
Azure Abyss
Almighty Conflagration
and I'm pretty sure there's more that I've missed. It's getting a little hard to take seriously, honestly, even worse when you consider that this game just oh so very much loves to shove these titles into your face at every opportunity. Talk about overusing tropes, Jesus...
Inb4 someone named the Stairtumbler or the Logtripper shows up...

Edited by DragonFlames

I could play a map normally!
Or 
I could use the Warp Spell

Spoiler

20200201_061810.jpg

What i am about to say next might anger some people, but

Spoiler

Edel is an arrogant naive idiot. She didn't want to believe in others so much and discarded ''unreasonable ideas of justice'' because it's naive, her distrust turned into naiviety.

When you make an enemy of someone who shares your ideals and work with edgy dark boys instead, i can't agree with what you are doing. I can't even see it as something that must be done. But something that is completely wrong.

It's kinda weird that VW made me turn on Edel so much. But when Claude is so close to Edel without starting an idiotic war, i can't help it.

Anyway, time for DUBSTEB

OH NO!

...give us change music feature pls, IS.

Edited by Shrimperor

54 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Anyway, time for DUBSTEB

OH NO!

...give us change music feature pls, IS.

Screw what's written the spoiler, THIS is why you're going to hell!
I'm kidding. I actually agree with you. The map itself is pretty cool, but the dubstep is really annoying.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm kidding. I actually agree with you. The map itself is pretty cool, but the dubstep is really annoying.

Yup. I remember it from SS. It's cool. Although dunno how much Maddening will make me suffer xD
I am thinking of just warpskipping ngl.

But the music <.<

WUB WUB WUB

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup. I remember it from SS. It's cool. Although dunno how much Maddening will make me suffer xD
I am thinking of just warpskipping ngl.

Well, the boss can pull a Duma on you (i.e. do map wide damage), so killing him the moment you open the door to his room might be essential, even moreso than on Hard, I imagine.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

so killing him the moment you open the door to his room might be essentia

Yup. I am already cooking something in mind for when i start it later today. Will need Claude, Lys, Raphael, Seteth and Flayn on the same side hmmmm
Might take a few turns to set up, because i need someone to open the door and then for Claude to Brave Bow their Edgy leader. 

So won't be a 1 turn skip. Will need alteast 4 or 5

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup. I am already cooking something in mind for when i start it later today. Will need Claude, Lys, Raphael, Seteth and Flayn on the same side hmmmm
Might take a few turns to set up, because i need someone to open the door and then for Claude to Brave Bow their Edgy leader. 

So won't be a 1 turn skip. Will need alteast 4 or 5

I think as long as you can avoid taking too much damage from the indestructible siege tome thingies and the Titanus reinforcements, I think things should go well.
My Golden Deer playthrough almost went south because I took to long and nearly got overwhelmed by those things. And I didn't play Maddening.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

the Titanus reinforcements, I think things should go well.

iirc from SS they could be stopped if you kill someone. The people hidden in the western and eastern door. One controls Tesla Coils Viskam, the other the Titanus reinforcements

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

iirc from SS they could be stopped if you kill someone. The people hidden in the western and eastern door. One controls Tesla Coils Viskam, the other the Titanus reinforcements

I completely forgot about those, to be honest. Oops.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

NGL dubstep is one of the reasons i want to cook up a way to clear the Map quickly xD

*nods*

One of the best pieces of music in this game and the series in general is after this map, anyway.

Also, since you told me to restore your Trails hype if I can:
I've clocked in 6 hours of Trails of Cold Steel III and I am still in what I think is the first half of Chapter 1. I'm going to be completely honest with you: I'm not really feeling it yet. Despite all the positives I talked about, the shadow CS2 cast over this series is still not gone, especially with the numerous plot threads still left hanging that I don't see being resolved in a satisfying way. Amplifying this feeling of dread is the constant throwbacks to CS1 in both plot elements and what you actually do in the time I spent so far. Also, the campus for the new academy you're at looks... ugh. I prefer old Thors, aesthetics-wise.
In other words, I'm afraid this won't bring back previously lost Trails hype levels. Yet. Maybe it gets better later. I know I'm way more drawn to how the newcomers develop than I am to seeing the old faces again. Especially Altina has the potential to be a really good character down the line if they don't squander the potential her character has.

Edited by DragonFlames

8 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I'd beg to differ. Many a time has Freikugel helped Hilda one-shot an enemy who would've dealt massive damage to her if they got to counterattack.

I wouldn't mind using them if they actually lived up to the storyline hype. Or if they weren't so expensive to repair for how useful they are(n't). As is, only the Creator Sword sees use for me.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I finally finished the KH3 DLC, and it only took me 70+ tries on the last boss fight! All in all, I think it was actually pretty good, the only negative was not getting to play as Aqua more. :(:

Honestly, I feel really accomplished finally beating that, I wasn't sure if I could.

@Nobody a new drama arc, hes filing for bankruptcy 

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoContextDSP/status/1223372638292258816

Somehow Phil has managed this much debt including $131k over thirteen credit cards

I thought he was lying about how much he was in debt but yikes

Edited by Tryhard

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

NGL dubstep is one of the reasons i want to cook up a way to clear the Map quickly xD

Whaaaaaaat? You don't like the dubstep map theme?

I mean, i'm not too big on it either but it's hilarious to me that a Fire Emblem game has dubstep at all. Inb4 TMS has dubstep (there it wouldn't surprise me tho).

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I've clocked in 6 hours of Trails of Cold Steel III and I am still in what I think is the first half of Chapter 1. I'm going to be completely honest with you: I'm not really feeling it yet.

There's also the fact that some plot points may not feel as impactful to you since they involve pre-Cold Steel stuff, games you haven't played yet. Of course, i'll still clarify any things you might have questions on tho.

Edited by Armagon

8 hours ago, Tryhard said:

@Nobody a new drama arc, hes filing for bankruptcy 

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoContextDSP/status/1223372638292258816

Somehow Phil has managed this much debt including $131k over thirteen credit cards

I thought he was lying about how much he was in debt but yikes

haha jesus christ

there's no amount of internet begging that would get him out of that.