The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
Nah, the chapters there aren't that long. Like, Chapters 1 to 5 SC together are as long as Act CS2, as an example.

Ah, I see. Would be interesting if it was, though.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
Edelwaifu intensifies

Hence why I said that Osbourne was Edelgard (or rather, the other way around, considering who technically came first).
The Trails parallels are piling up.

Come to think of it, the Slither Buddies are kind of like Ouroboros. Except Ouroboros lacks a clearly defined goal as of now, which makes the Slither Buddies better on that front, because while it isn't exactly "clear" clear (as in, the "why" is a bit on the murky side), they at least HAVE a stated aim.
Though honestly, I'd say both are the worst parts of their respective stories.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Without trying to conquer the whole continent while at it xD

Yup.

6 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I watched a speedrun of CSIII past weekend.

It took almost twice as much time as CSI and II did each, so I can only assume it will become a very long game.

Since I needed +40 h for first two parts each, I can only guess it could reach a dimension Persona 5 had.

A playthrough of Persona 5 takes around 85-100 hours. I can see CS3 being that long, as well, if you try to do everything, including the side stuff such as fishing or fighting each enemy enough times to fully register them to the notebook, in one playthrough.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You forgot the 100 day war

100 Day War wasn't Osborne. Sky SC stuff below

Spoiler

That was the War Hawk faction that was influenced by Wiessman.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:
  Hide contents

Osbourne is the Bismarck rip-off. If you look up the historic German figure Otto von Bismarck, you'll find many striking similarities between the two.

Spoiler

Oh that guy. Yeah, i think i read about Otto von Bismarck in World History class once.

And i just looked him up. They even called him the Iron Chancellor.

Are the individual Chapters in Sky SC as long as they are in CS3?

I think it varies but i don't think they were as long as they were in CS3 (but remember, i watched a subbed playthrough and purposely skipped the gameplay so i don't actually know how long the hours were).

However, Sky SC (and FC) has far, far more sidequests than the Crossbell and Cold Steel games. I'm glad that Crossbell cut down the number of quests because the Sky games just had too many and they expired way too quickly. I bring up sidequests because unless you're ignoring them, doing sidequests also determines how long you're in a chapter.

He's one of those cases where the bad far, FAR overshadows the good he does. The only good he tries to do, as far as I can see, is getting rid of the nobility system, something every other nation on that continent had already done a long time ago. Everything else? Evil or at the very least morally questionable.

Well technically, Liberl and Remiferia still have nobility systems. They just aren't as obssesed with it as Erebonia's nobles are (we actually don't know too much about Remiferia yet so maybe Remiferia is also obssesed with blue blood). The only country that's actually devoid of nobility is Calvard. 

But yeah, Osborne is just morally questionable. 

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

100 Day War wasn't Osborne. That was the War Hawk faction that was influenced by Wiessman.

It was Osbro. He worked with the society. Worked with them for a biiiiig while.

Liberl and Remiferia still have nobility systems.

Liberl is kinda a mix between Nobility, Monarchy and democracy iirc? 

IIrc they were usually mayoral elections (which is also a big plot point in that one chapter), and those usually go then to advice the queen.

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Armagon said:

And i just looked him up. They even called him the Iron Chancellor.

This is why he was the first person my mind went to when Osbourne was introduced as "the Blood and Iron Chancellor".

However, Sky SC (and FC) has far, far more sidequests than the Crossbell and Cold Steel games. I'm glad that Crossbell cut down the number of quests because the Sky games just had too many and they expired way too quickly. I bring up sidequests because unless you're ignoring them, doing sidequests also determines how long you're in a chapter.

True.
CS3 also has plenty of sidequests, some hidden so well that you should always check every nook and cranny of every area you can visit at any given time just in case there is one guy with a sidequest for you. Or in one case, a cat. Luckily, sidequest locations are shown on the minimap even for non-mandatory ones, so you don't have to talk to everybody just to see if they have a quest or not. You still need to visit every area, though.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well technically, Liberl and Remiferia still have nobility systems. They just aren't as obssesed with it as Erebonia's nobles are (we actually don't know too much about Remiferia yet so maybe Remiferia is also obssesed with blue blood). The only country that's actually devoid of nobility is Calvard.

Then Rean was talking out of his ass when he said that Erebonia was the only nation with a nobility system on the continent.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It was Osbro. He worked with the society. Worked with them for a biiiiig while.

And then he stabbed them in the back to hijack their non-specified plan that is apparently still going even though the Vermillion Apocalypse is long gone, and CS2 made it seem like that thing was the focal point of the plan (in parallel to the Azure Tree business in Crossbell), even though it was never said what exactly Ouroboros wanted to do once they got their hands on it.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Then Rean was talking out of his ass when he said that Erebonia was the only nation with a nobility system on the continent.

As i said in the post above yours, Liberl's nobility system isn't nobility like at all. It's like a mix, with nobles really having no influence. So Rean is correct.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
As i said in the post above yours, Liberl's nobility system isn't nobility like at all. It's like a mix, with nobles really having no influence. So Rean is correct.

He might still be talking BS if we take Remiferia's yet unknown situation into account.
But you're right, of course. Sorry Rean! You got off the hook this time.

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It was Osbro. He worked with the society. Worked with them for a biiiiig while

He did work with Ouroborus but i think you're confusing the timeline of events. I can't talk about it too deep without going into spoilers but Osborne working with Ourborous was after the 100-Days War. Osborne did not cause the 100-Days War. 

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

IIrc they were usually mayoral elections (which also a big plot point in that one chapter), and those usually go then to advice the queen.

The Bose mayoral government is at least hereditary. Because what's her face inherited it after her father died (you know who i'm talking about).

iirc, mayoral elections only happen if the current mayor is forcibly removed. I think. We have one case of mayoral government being hereditary and the other being electoral. 

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Well he's not exactly wrong. Liberl has nobility but it's pretty much just the royal family. Kinda like the British Royal Family, only without a parliment. There's not enough info on Remiferia, all we know is that it's a Principality.

Erebonia isn't the only country with nobility but it's the only country that actually still gives a shit about it. Like, it's deadass the only country that still does arranged marriages (unless there's an Eastern Zemurian country that does that as well but we really don't know about Eastern Zemuria). Hmm, well, i say that but it seems Liberl might also do arranged marriages for it's Royal Family. That was a plot point in the first two Sky games.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Erebonia isn't the only country with nobility but it's the only country that actually still gives a shit about it. Like, it's deadass the only country that still does arranged marriages (unless there's an Eastern Zemurian country that does that as well but we really don't know about Eastern Zemuria). Hmm, well, i say that but it seems Liberl might also do arranged marriages for it's Royal Family. That was a plot point in the first two Sky games.

One thing we do know is that they apparently have Chinese names, if Crossbell's "China Town"-esque East District (literally) is anything to go by.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

One thing we do know is that they apparently have Chinese names, if Crossbell's "China Town"-esque East District (literally) is anything to go by.

I don't recall any Chinese names in Trails. Now Japanese names, on the other hand, there are a few.

The other thing we know about Eastern Zemuria is that there's appearently a political Calvardian faction that's racist towards them. I'd imagine that'd be a major plot point when we eventually get the Calvard arc.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hmm, well, i say that but it seems Liberl might also do arranged marriages for it's Royal Family. That was a plot point in the first two Sky games.

A Point that they solved by not doing it 😉

The arranged marriage was a result of

Spoiler

Richard's coup

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Osborne working with Ourborous was after the 100-Days War. Osborne did not cause the 100-Days War. 

I will have to recheck the events again but i am pretty sure he is involved in some way. It was part of the plan he is still following.

Spoiler

iirc, mayoral elections only happen if the current mayor is forcibly removed. I think. We have one case of mayoral government being hereditary and the other being electoral. 

Iirc it had also to do with the culture of each Area. Iirc that was the reason the civil war 100 year before Sky ended in kinda a peace, as they could reach a compromoise between nobility and commoners.

So while one area is electrocal, the other is hereditary. And as we both pointed out, they aren't like Erebonia at all.

Man, it's been a while since i played Sky xD

Edited by Shrimperor

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't recall any Chinese names in Trails. Now Japanese names, on the other hand, there are a few.

There's Rixia Mao, Zhang Hui (the inn owner of the East District), and Shanshan (the waitress in said inn). Then there's that crime syndicate from Calvard named Heiyue, which is a Chinese name, their leader's name is Cao, which is the first AND last name of a very famous figure in Chinese history (whose Dynasty Warriors incarnation may have been the inspiration for Edelgard's character) and the two members you meet in Crossbell also have Chinese names (which I honestly can't recall at the moment).
And don't forget about Rean's teacher Yun Ka Fai, which sounds more Chinese than it does Japanese.

---

As for the 100 day war thing, in Cold Steel 3, Agate says that the Nobles conspired with each other to annihilate Hamel and then put the blame on Liberl to have an excuse to invade it.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Rixia Mao

I forgot about Rixia

DpkwCM7XUAMukWz.jpeg

How could I forget Rixia, she was great.

But yeah, I completely blanked on all the Chinese names used in the Crossbell games. Thanks for reminding me.

38 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

How on earth can Rixia be forgotten?! 

She's best girl of Crossbell. 

Also isn't Zin supposed to be Chinese (despite his last name does not sound like this)? 

That's not Noel.
ka10108.png.df1ce4649464a8f34c0164a3ed34d915.png
Zin's from Calvard, yeah. It's whatever to the east of Calvard that swarmed them, which is what makes Calvard ethnically diverse.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

CS3 also has plenty of sidequests, some hidden so well that you should always check every nook and cranny of every area you can visit at any given time just in case there is one guy with a sidequest for you. Or in one case, a cat.

Why a cat with a sidequest? 

Also, my phone died. At 28%.

6 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Why a cat with a sidequest?

I actually don't know why. Though I guess given how the characters talk about the cat, it was important to the Crossbell crew and they wanted to feature that somehow.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw you go take an afternoon nap and wake up at 1 am

Good morning, fellow napper!

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Good morning, fellow napper!

Mornin!

you too, eh? xD

Hopefully you don't have any important lectures or anything tomorrow. I know i don't.

Time to eat something, read some manga, and maybe play some smash

"I'm Azure Siegfried." says a mysterious figure wearing a mask, where it's totally NOT obvious who it is, because he has the same hair style, the same voice, the same WEAPONS and

disappeared inside a ghostly version of the Azure Knight.

If they want to keep the true identity of this guy a secret, they're doing a piss-poor job at it. Though I don't think they are, considering the characters say that it absolutely totally wasn't who it clearly was despite it VERY CLEARLY being who they say it wasn't. I guess this is more for the characters than for the audience, because to the audience, it's rather painfully obvious.
See for yourselves, if you want:

Rp2Oyzb.jpg

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you too, eh? xD

Hopefully you don't have any important lectures or anything tomorrow. I know i don't.

Yup.

Nah, I'm good tomorrow. Luckily.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time to eat something, read some manga, and maybe play some smash

Have fun!
I'm currently playing CS3, myself. Final boss of Chapter 2 was pretty hype and I'm also now convinced that New Class VII > Old Class VII when it comes to the bond they all share (Rean is included in this, by the way). With the new guys, it feels waaaaaay more natural and genuine than it did with the old crowd.

Gotta say, CS3 really improved Rean by giving him a role very well suited to his character (and they improved his character a lot, too). And I can't help but go "Awww" at his genuinely sweet relationship with Altina (don't get me wrong, though: I don't ship it, I just find their bond as it is presented in the game to be heartwarming).

Also, Musse is hilarious. Like, absolutely hilarious. She reminds me of Muzét from Tales of Xillia, which is funny, because their names are identical in pronounciation.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

New Class VII > Old Class VII when it comes to the bond they all share

That's a very common opinion from what i've heard. 

in fact, i hear alot that the one of the bigger weaknesses of CS3/4 is the old Class 7. 

and the night just started great. Riip soup