2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Moar CS3 funsies:
Bvy8f5O.jpg
yR2oc8X.jpg

In the immortal words of George Takei: "Oh my..."

Oh my god. XD

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The only question I have about all of that is if there is a reason she's doing that besides just being a giant tease who made Rean her main target (kinda like the suspiciously similarly named Muzét in Tales of Xillia).
Now, I wouldn't exactly mind if there wasn't, because she's funny enough as it is, but given all the other mysteries surrounding her that the game has alluded to so far, I would not be surprised if there was some other reason for her behavior. Time will tell, I suppose.

iirc i think Musse is just teasing Rean cause she feels like it. I mean, there might be an actual reason but if there is, i don't remember it. But in regards to your other questions, the chapter you're on should shed some light.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I hate these buggers.

Isn't it fun paying for your insolance?

Haha can't wait to relive that in XenoblaDE. Can't wait to suffer that is.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Isn't it fun paying for your insolance?

Haha can't wait to relive that in XenoblaDE. Can't wait to suffer that is.

It ain't. And I thought that was a normal Telethia, and not THAT. Oy vey. Only the likes of the Fortress Mechons are nastier (aside from the blatantly overleveled crap you see all over the world, that is).

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Oy vey. Only the likes of the Fortress Mechons are nastier (aside from the blatantly overleveled crap you see all over the world, that is).

Fortress Mechons are the giant ones crawling about in Sword Valley, right? Along with the UM variant found in Central Factory? Yeah, those are tough ones. Literally all of their attacks are AoEs iirc.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

It ain't. And I thought that was a normal Telethia, as opposed to THAT.

Normal Telethia honestly ain't that bad, especially given how little you actually fight them. But that one can go burn in a pit of fire.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fortress Mechons are the giant ones crawling about in Sword Valley, right? Along with the UM variant found in Central Factory? Yeah, those are tough ones. Literally all of their attacks are AoEs iirc.

Yep. Also, Titan Stamp can go directly to hell, do not pass GO, and do not collect 200 dollars.

Edited by Shadow Mir

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yep. Also, Titan Stamp can go directly to hell, do not pass GO, and do not collect 200 dollars.

Oh God. Titan Stamp has an AoE range of the entireity of Sword Valley. That's an exaggeration but that's what it feels like. 

Honestly, whenever i go through Sword Valley the first time, i just avoid these guys. I tend to be a little bit underleveled during this portion of the game and even being just one point underleveled is a death sentence in this game (if nothing else, i hope that XenoblaDE just removes the level penalties).

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh God. Titan Stamp has an AoE range of the entireity of Sword Valley. That's an exaggeration but that's what it feels like. 

Honestly, whenever i go through Sword Valley the first time, i just avoid these guys. I tend to be a little bit underleveled during this portion of the game and even being just one point underleveled is a death sentence in this game (if nothing else, i hope that XenoblaDE just removes the level penalties).

Really? I didn't think it was honestly the worst to deal with. I'm usually level 55 or so at that point, considering the unique monster is 57, I think? As soon as he titan stamps, chain attack to survive with 1hp.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Really? I didn't think it was honestly the worst to deal with. I'm usually level 55 or so at that point, considering the unique monster is 57, I think? As soon as he titan stamps, chain attack to survive with 1hp.

The Unique Monster is Lv.70 and found in Central Factory.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've literally never touched an Atlus game before TMS.

I can tell cuz you're complaining about enemies having multiple attacks

2 minutes ago, Caster said:

I can tell cuz you're complaining about enemies having multiple attacks

I mean, that's common in turn-based JRPGs. 

But TMS is the first game I've played where there's a boss fight where two bosses do it.

I find better enemies that have multiple attacks. If they have just one attack, they became way more manageable, because when action economy is in your favour by 4,5 or even 6 action againist 1, you can nullify everything the boss throw at you and the battle became a slugfest when you either run out of MP or win. Multiple actions allow boss to do more than just damage, such as dispelling your buffs whitout wasting an entire turn doing it.

Well, good to know to see that the "spell casts on someone that gets defeated means the spell fails" thing applies to enemies too. Heh, saw a bunch of Healslimes waste their turn trying to heal an enemy that was no longer there.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The Unique Monster is Lv.70 and found in Central Factory.

There's another one that's Lv. 57 and found in Sword Valley.

Normal Telethia honestly ain't that bad, especially given how little you actually fight them. But that one can go burn in a pit of fire.

Good point.

And it hurts like hell. On everyone (3.8-4.0 multiplier; off the top of my head, the only attacks with a multiplier that large are used by level 100+ enemies, and they're Talent Arts). Also, other than Black Matter, they have all AoE attacks.

Edited by Shadow Mir

37 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

I find better enemies that have multiple attacks. If they have just one attack, they became way more manageable, because when action economy is in your favour by 4,5 or even 6 action againist 1, you can nullify everything the boss throw at you and the battle became a slugfest when you either run out of MP or win. Multiple actions allow boss to do more than just damage, such as dispelling your buffs whitout wasting an entire turn doing it.

I think it's just a lazy way of making a boss artificially stronger than it actually is but if it's literally just the boss, then it's like whatever. But if the boss fight consists a boss and a few underlings, then that's when "lol double attack" becomes bad. And thanks to TMS, i've learned that it's entirely possible for their to be two bosses that can do "lol double attack". And in that particular fight, the smaller boss would always revive. You had to kill the bigger one to end the fight. Which begs the question, why not just have the smaller one be an underling and have the bigger one be the sole boss of the fight?

"Lol double attack" bosses are also annoying when they can spam AoEs, multi-hits, status effects, or all three in one attack.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

There's another one that's Lv. 57 and found in Sword Valley.

Huh. Given the few amounts of Fortress Mechon there, i guess i forgot about the UM. And to be fair, UM Fortress Mechon and regular Fortress Mechon have like no visual differences. I remember the one in Central Factory because it's literally the only one there.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it's just a lazy way of making a boss artificially stronger than it actually is but if it's literally just the boss, then it's like whatever. But if the boss fight consists a boss and a few underlings, then that's when "lol double attack" becomes bad. And thanks to TMS, i've learned that it's entirely possible for their to be two bosses that can do "lol double attack". And in that particular fight, the smaller boss would always revive. You had to kill the bigger one to end the fight. Which begs the question, why not just have the smaller one be an underling and have the bigger one be the sole boss of the fight?

Because the underling would go down in 2 turns topand after that the battle became super easy, even if the boss can waste his only action for summonin another minion that would last 2 turns. Underling are ok if there is grid and they have spread enought. 

4 vs 1 fights are just not fair most of the times. In pretty much any D&D edition after the early gane you need a single creature to be far above the CR for it to be a challenge,  othereise it get destroyed in 2 turns top. 

But then, JRPG bosses are usually badly designed, as they are just Damage sponge immune to everything that is not straight damage. Those that are more interesting than that, usually have more than a single actions.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Agreed. Sword Valley is a definite spike in difficulty. EXP-overloading quests are in short supply here too for once.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait, why the fuck are there attacks that reduce HP to 1 in an action RPG? That sounds way worse than it's turn-based variant.

Oiiiiiiiiii. Tales of Vesperia definitely did this horribly. The final boss of the 2nd story arc and the final boss of the entire game kept spamming their Mystic Artes on me, like 6 times apiece. And, they were fond of inflicting Weak with their standard attacks, the ailment that halves your max HP.

1 hour ago, Flere210 said:

But then, JRPG bosses are usually badly designed, as they are just Damage sponge immune to everything that is not straight damage.

Well, Etrian Odyssey does usually make bosses vulnerable to at least some ailments. And in the case of one of V's superbosses, the superboss is actually weak to binds and ailments. And you have to exploit that b/c if you don't cripple it and pound away as its disabled, it'll snap you in half once it recovers.

---

Finished Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero. The game, like all Shantae games, is short, too short. The game has silly charm to it, and I don't think it's ever been fully tapped into because the games are so brief. 7 hours and 100% achieved. I know Wayforward is a small company, and length =/ quality, but could I get a 15 hour main mode game? On the easy side, partly because upgrades are very strong, but the game did unlock a hard mode right after. And I've a slew of alternative character modes to play. The game looks great, and is fun action-platforming, but I want a bit more meat, and Squid Baron.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oiiiiiiiiii. Tales of Vesperia definitely did this horribly. The final boss of the 2nd story arc and the final boss of the entire game kept spamming their Mystic Artes on me, like 6 times apiece. And, they were fond of inflicting Weak with their standard attacks, the ailment that halves your max HP.

Big Bang, I believe it is? It's honestly not that deadly, after it is a decent amount of cooldown that's easy to recover from.

Apparently Another Eden seems to finally be coming to Latin America. From what I found out randomly checking its Google Play page... and a thread on reddit four days ago from someone in Brazil receiving a notification.

... apparently it's gonna be a stealth release, since I've found nothing so far commenting this at large...

Aight, who wants to buy me this?

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I say again: why are there attacks that do that sort of thing in an action RPG?

Although now that i think about it, it seems it's just a Tales thing? I mean, my experience of action RPGs is literally just limited to Xenoblade because when it comes to other action RPG franchises i've played, i'm very limited in their knowledge. I can't seem to get into Tales games gameplay-wise and i'm only in the third main dungeon of Ys 7. I don't know if Ys 7 (or any Ys game for that matter) has halve/reduce to 1 HP attacks. I know for a fact that Xenoblade doesn't have them, though it is worth mentioning that Xenoblade is a different kind of action RPG and i bring this up because having halve/reduce to 1 HP attacks in a series where you can't pause to heal would be just bad game design.

thiiiiiiiiiiiiink Kid Icarus: Uprising had that kind of attack, at least in multiplayer. But i consider Uprising to be more of a straight-up action game.

Edited by Armagon