The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is currently on sale for 40 bucks... Hm. To get or not to get, that is the question...

tenor_5.gif

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Conquest x Thracia is suppossed to be good xD

No no no, Conquest is supposed to be good.

Conquest x Thracia on the other hand? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

In all seriousness though, I do hear Ch.4 is not as bad as Ch.3. And I've already been told the solution for Ch.3.

Gonna be seeing the Sonic movie later today with friends. Will it be good? Will it be bad? Will Sonic come out of the screen and beat the absolute shit out of me? Find out like, later today.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In all seriousness though, I do hear Ch.4 is not as bad as Ch.3. And I've already been told the solution for Ch.3.

Ch3 is some bad Kaga bs.

Ch 4 however is some amazing map design. Taking good aspects from both Thracia and Conquest, hence the ultimate crossover. Super though, too.

Edited by Shrimperor

Screenshot_20200214-145346_1.png

What the fuck

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ch 4 however is some amazing map design. Taking good aspects from both Thracia and Conquest, hence the ultimate crossover. Super though, too.

I'll have to judge for myself when I get there.

I will say, I appreciate the tougher difficulty of Cindered Shadows. 3H is on the easier side of Fire Emblems so Cindered Shadows is a nice change of pace. Though it's kinda dumb how everyone not named Yuri or Byleth gets doubled (exaggeration but that's what it feels like).

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Gonna go get that eshop card tomorrow.

Nice.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will say, I appreciate the tougher difficulty of Cindered Shadows. 3H is on the easier side of Fire Emblems so Cindered Shadows is a nice change of pace. Though it's kinda dumb how everyone not named Yuri or Byleth gets doubled (exaggeration but that's what it feels like).

Honestly, i don't find Cindered Shadows that much harder than main game...because i found the main game to be pretty though to begin with. I really don't get this "3H is easy" thing, because i find it to be one of the harder titles. On hard, not maddening.

Then again, i did my 3 hard runs with no grinding or student recruitment, so that could be the reason.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, i don't find Cindered Shadows that much harder than main game...because i found the main game to be pretty though to begin with. I really don't get this "3H is easy" thing, because i find it to be one of the harder titles. On hard, not maddening.

For me, I think 3H is overall on the easier side but there are some really tough chapters in there. On Hard. On Normal, it's way too easy and Maddening is just bullshit.

Edited by Armagon

I only found the game hard on some chapters on hard.
The first half of the game specifically I found easy as fuck even on hard, it does get harder post timeskip, but pre just isn't hard.
Maddening is the real challenge, so. And you can say it's BS all ya want but I've had the most fun out of all my playthroughs on it.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't consider Torna it's own game, a few corners were cut it felt to me, especially after playing the main game. Torna doesn't feel like a complete, independent game even if a prequel, but neither is it the usual 3 hour story DLC. It's in a limbo of being 3/4s of a full game, a great DLC effort like few others, but it just falls short of being full.

I don't mind a short game, there is no problem with that. And I still like Torna.

I wish DLC went on sale. I've seen one game do this, but not many. Maybe I'd buy the 3H DLC then. But, Civ 6's $49.99 DLC and $8.99 interest me a lot more.

Really? I thought it had plenty to make it feel like it was worth what you paid for. 

The only chapters i really found easy were 8 to 11 tbh. Otherwise it was pretty though except Blue Lions because they are op

anyway, finished DLC

Honestly, i think it should'Ve been 15€. Would've been fine then. 25€ is a bit too much.

Ch4 is the hardest and best chapter. Final boss was ez pz.

Characters were fine, but need fleshing out, which i guess will happen in supports.

Also, this scene before the final Battle

Spoiler

20200214_230623.jpg

Literally Fate/Zero

Edited by Shrimperor

I see all the talk about Fiora's voice in Heroes and I'm like...

You know, I think her Japanese one fits her better. It's still on the deep side; but not as much as the English one. I find it more "suitable"; whatever that entails...

5 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

No part 4 chapter in FE10 has infinite reinforcements.

Well, 4-5 maybe, but I usually finish this chapter in 1-2 turns.

I think the last two 4-final stages are infinite reinforcements, but 4-5 is not. I did grind there once, I think there are about 40 turns worth of reinforcements if you leave the boss alone. 

Took me no more than two hours tops to get through Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero's Risky Boots mode, the stages that is, I still need to collect all the Dark Magic and Genie Crystals. Still, the mode is quick fun, and easy if you allow yourself to use healing items.

And, this is a nice screen to return to after every completed stage:

pqq1.jpg

Just came out of the Sonic movie. Whoo boy, that was bad. Like, it's basically a Sonic plot but with product placement.

Deadass, I've already forgotten most of the plot. Best part was Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotonik and simply because Jim Carrey was clearly having so much fun.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

So I bit the bullet and bought Cindered Shadows yesterday. Currently on Ch.2. Dimitri died to a crit after I had used up all my rewind times.

Yeah, I'm just gonna turtle the fuck out of this map next time.

Oh no! No! No, no, no, no, no... I’m never gonna defeat Zurg!

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What

Toy Story 2. Rex is playing a video game, and he gets to Zurg, who he loses against. Then he says that.

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Just came out of the Sonic movie. Whoo boy, that was bad. Like, it's basically a Sonic plot but with product placement.

Deadass, I've already forgotten most of the plot. Best part was Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotonik and simply because Jim Carrey was clearly having so much fun.

How about a memento for your experience?

EQrMxREX0AcaMGG?format=jpg&name=small

First Pokemon, now Sonic, thank you and thank you not Build-A-Bear. This ain't worth $29.00 minus optional accessories.

26 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Toy Story 2. Rex is playing a video game, and he gets to Zurg, who he loses against. Then he says that.

Ah that scene. Toy Story 2 is a good movie.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How about a memento for your experience?

EQrMxREX0AcaMGG?format=jpg&name=small

First Pokemon, now Sonic, thank you and thank you not Build-A-Bear. This ain't worth $29.00 minus optional accessories.

Is it me, or is this Sonic plush not up to Build-A-Bear standards? Cause Build-A-Bear usually has high quality plushies (the Baby Yoda one looks really good ngl) but there's just something off about this one.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, this scene before the final Battle

Reveal hidden contents

20200214_230623.jpg

Literally Fate/Zero

So it wasn't just me who thought that. Glad to know I'm not going crazy after all. Or am I?

Also

I found it kinda interesting how strikingly similar Byleth's mom looks to Flayn in the CG before this one.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Awe, this is dissapointing to hear. Was there any redeeming points in the story at all?

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is currently on sale for 40 bucks... Hm. To get or not to get, that is the question...

It was my first Switch game, and still my favorite honestly by far.

If you are getting used on the gameplay, it is a super exciting game. 

The graphics, soundtrack, plot and gameplay are phenomenal.

Also Valkyria Chronicles IV and Tales of Vesperia are also on sale which are very good, if you have not played them yet.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think the last two 4-final stages are infinite reinforcements, but 4-5 is not. I did grind there once, I think there are about 40 turns worth of reinforcements if you leave the boss alone.

If endgame is considered as part 4, then true. The spirits willl never stop spawning.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Is it me, or is this Sonic plush not up to Build-A-Bear standards? Cause Build-A-Bear usually has high quality plushies (the Baby Yoda one looks really good ngl) but there's just something off about this one.

I get what you're saying, it looks more like a cheap prize you'd win at a carnival/fair. Maybe it's just the design of Revised Movie Sonic, maybe its the actual materials, not sure which.

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Really? I thought it had plenty to make it feel like it was worth what you paid for. 

Referring to Torna? Again, it was great, I actually played it before the main XC2 story and loved it. It being bundled with the awesome DLC gifts for the main game- Corvin>Torna and Elma and all the plentitude of items was even nicer.

Admittedly, I do not have a totally clear idea of how I'd change/improve Torna, and I acknowledge implementation of some changes would be difficult for various reasons.

Nonetheless, let me, in spoilers to be conscientious of those without the game who may wish to play it, list a few my criticisms of incompleteness and possible suggestions.:

Spoiler

First, Malos it is said in the main game sunk three Titans IIRC, the first of these is entirely ignored in Torna and the second is relegated to the opening sequence. Not exactly what I was hoping for.

Now, let me rebuke myself on this point:

1. First, the demise of the Tornan Titan is tragically shown in Torna, why do we have to see this three times? That is unnecessarily repetitive.
  2. Second, Torna is not drawn out, the story doesn't overstay its welcome, which is good. Nor does Torna begin slowly as some games like Dragon Quest VII and LoZ Wind Waker, it begins in media res to good effect. 
  3. Third, what could really be done during the first Titan? I don't know when Amalthus brought Mythra to Addam, but I'd guess it'd only happen after the global nemesis Malos was was recognized, which would presumably be Sunk Titan 1.
  4. Fourth, putting the emphasis earlier would require the meeting of our heroic trio of trios to be rewritten. In addition, the increased attention on Malos would mean more attention for Addam and Mythra, when Torna as is puts Jin and Lora in the most central narrative position, except when Addam and Mythra are required.

The best solution I can imagine would be to:

• Move Sunk Titan 1 to the game's opening where Sunk Titan 2 currently is. Again, I assume it's only then that A&M are called to the task of Malos. The opening then steps into showing the ceremony in Uraya (which seems a little odd in Torna- why did Addam have to go out of the way there- where did it look like his evil uncle fail to resonate with Mythra?), and we get to Sunk Titan 2 pre-sinking.
  • But, what to do at Sunk Titan 2? When does Addam get there and what is Malos doing? If one didn't mind a milder start, I'd have a little bit of tutorial stuff as Addam investigates if, why, where, and when Malos would attack here, add in a few starter tutorial battles, maybe the initial meeting with Milton? I forget his background. Mor Ardain, a military force acting out of altruism, goes to Sunk Titan 2 with Hugo himself leading a delegation to convince the Sunk Titan 2 government Malos is such a threat that letting foreign armies in is advisable. But, Malos strikes hard and fast at before Addam and Hugo can get their bearings.
    • Alternatively, we skip past the AM and HAB stuff that nonetheless happens, and get to the attack of Malos, but from the perspective of Jin and Lora. Why would they be on Sunk Titan 2? I have an excuse- looking for Lora's mother in the wrong place. The focus is then put on them escaping the attack that sinks the Titan, with them momentarily fighting alongside A&H perhaps, but not intentionally. AM is trying to find Malos, HAB is trying to find and help people to they can flee the Titan, JL are mostly concerned with their personal flight and safety.
  • Ultimately, I realize what I'm proposing here is only adding a brief, linear segment to the start of Torna. Adding more means de-centering from JL and slowing and lengthening things, not inherently good. And this as is would remove grounds for the early Addam & Mythra fight and the Brighid in Torigoth Predux.

Moving on to other criticisms.

• The thug man whose name I forget who was a personal enemy for Lora. He wasn't exactly executed very well, albeit the final encounter was so creepy.
  • Mikhail in Torna is a shy kid nothing like his maingame self. I mean a kid would never act like he does as an adult, but I feel some story-prequel inconsistency- not an uncommon problem. He was kinda there only because the maingame said he was. And Mythra seeing him so much, I don't think she ever said she saw him before in the maingame.
  • There should be something more thrilling between the Malos clash in Auresco and his unleashing of the Tornan Titan than just the community sidequests (not to call the sidequests bad- they aren't).
    • But, what to fill it in with?
  • Only Torna- albeit it was a decent size with environmental variety- and Gormott were visited.
    • But, where else would the game go? Indol couldn't have us fight stuff there, because Indol isn't shown to be absolute evil until after the final battle. Amalthus is shadddddddddddddy, but he is supposed to be on the heroes' side in Torna.
  • Speaking of which, so much stuff is left seen only in brief snippets after the final fight. 
    • But, all of this is tragedy! And wasn't the destruction of Torna enough, combined with the creepy post-final battle? And Mythra's breakdown? Why must I see Haze get captured, Lora mortally wounded, and Jin consuming her before it is too late? Why must I see the evil uncle enthroned in Tantal? Or why must I see the boring acts of Addam putting Pyra in a locker and the bulk of Mythra's power in Spirit Crucible Elpys?

So... I admit my criticisms aren't too strongly defensible. And that while I'm saying I like that Torna doesn't overstay its welcome, I probably partly think that it'd be more complete as a longer and slower game.

--

And I quickly finished off the Risky Boots mode in Shantae. Again, it's that short, but it's fun.

Friends to the End, not quite so much. Why do they only share 3 hearts sans two uses of Rottytops's brain eating? I get Shantae is very easy b/c excessive health, but why'd they suddenly have to remove life extenders and items altogether for this mode? The gem leveling system with you losing gems and levels whenever you're hit, is not the most enjoyable thing if you're not great at action-platformers.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Awe, this is dissapointing to hear. Was there any redeeming points in the story at all?

The story itself is extremely forgettable (but that's every Sonic story tbh).

The best way to enjoy it is to just turn your brain off and go with the ride. In comparison to the other live-action video game movie recently, the Detective Pikachu movie was way better. 

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only Torna- albeit it was a decent size with environmental variety- and Gormott were visited.

• But, where else would the game go?

Actually, there is one place i would've liked to see in Torna though in hindsight, i can't see how it would fit into the plot: Mor Ardain. Pre-release Torna, there was a lot of speculation on whether or not Mor Ardain would be visited, the most exciting prospect of this would be seeing a perhaps more greener-looking Mor Ardain. Or at the very least, a not-as-deserty version of Mor Ardain. 

But if we did get Mor Ardain in Torna, we could've gotten a nice jazzy remix of the Mor Ardain theme.