• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Trails always gives at at the end, that has always been the case.

Even CS2 had a great finale....

before Epilogue happened <.<

WHY.

If Epilogue didn't exist i would've forgiven the game for so much

*nods in agreement*

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames let me know how the final boss of CS3 goes.

Will do!

Though I personally believe the best boss fight in the game already happened. I don't know how the actual final boss will top that.

Though that might be my bias for dragons at work here. That is a distinct possibility.

---

Also, I did the thing:

exWxqVk.jpg
Sorry, Fie.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, i agree. They usually have way way way way way too much HP. I liked Sky 3rd's though.

It's usually a better strat to just purposely botch the fight and then use the "lower enemy HP" thing every time until gets down to a reasonable amount.

Sky 3rd's final boss has a party wipe S-Craft that got me a few times.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But you know what's hype? The Penultimate Fights. Löwe fight. So good, so good.

Lowe's fight was good indeed. Although it wasn't until my second run that I found out you could technically skip that fight.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Though I personally believe the best boss fight in the game already happened. I don't know how the actual final boss will top that.

I can't judge any boss fight in CS3 due to me not having actually played the game. Though the Divine Knight fights do look pretty cool. They seem better than they were in CS2.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Normally it should be possible to take it out whilst its cast because its def and ats def are down.

And if you cannot, there's Kevin's s-craft.

I will make a video of beating it before it can do its "thing".

Of course it's only possible in easy mode.

Edited by Falcom Knight

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I did the thing:

Ah yes. Always remove the glasses. The only right decision.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

''I HOLD IN MY HANDS THE CHLAICE OF HEAVEN! MAY IT'S HOLIEST OF LIGHT ACT AS OUR SHIELD'' -Onion Graham

and Earth guard, i guess xD

Edited by Shrimperor

9 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Normally it should be possible to take it out whilst its cast because its def and ats def are down.

And if you cannot, there's Kevin's s-craft.

I will make a video of beating it before it can do its "thing".

Of course it's only possible in easy mode.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I HOLD IN MY HANDS THE CHLAICE OF HEAVEN! MAY IT'S HOLIEST OF LIGHT ACT AS OUR SHIELD'' -Onion Graham

and Earth guard, i guess xD

Yeah but in these instances, Kevin tends to uh, be dead when this happens.

Idk maybe I'm just bad.

No boss fight will ever be as bad as the one against Rufus in CS2, where it is purely luck-based if you get the extra AP or not. That fight SUCKED. And it is my main reason for hating the guy and wanting to kill him. Please let me kill him. And the rest of the Ironbloods, too, while you're at it.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though the Divine Knight fights do look pretty cool. They seem better than they were in CS2.

MUCH better, in fact. Mostly because Rean isn't on his own anymore when you do them (and in some cases, he isn't even in the fight at all), allowing for more strategy.
The whole rock-paper-scissors stuff is still there, though and I think that was a bit of a point of contention for some back in CS2. But they improved that a bit, as every enemy now has a Break Gauge. If you empty that, the enemy will become helpless and vulnerable to all damage types for one turn in addition to a heavy delay effect, allowing you to just wail on it with consecutive follow-up attacks. Recovering from the Break status also takes up a turn, meaning that once you Break an enemy, you basically won the fight. And it works in Divine Knight fights, too.
And yes, it's as broken (*cue crowd booing*) and exploitable as it sounds.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Ah yes. Always remove the glasses. The only right decision.

She's pretty even with them, but yes.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

No boss fight will ever be as bad as the one against Rufus in CS2, where it is purely luck-based if you get the extra AP or not

which one? the one at the end of Act 1?

That one was ez, m8

And the extra AP was to bring him down to 50% HP iirc.

I was even able to bring him to 1HP, but he is unkillable because lol we can't defeat those.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

which one? the one at the end of Act 1?

That one was ez, m8

And the extra AP was to bring him down to 50% HP iirc.

I was even able to bring him to 1HP, but he is unkillable because lol we can't defeat those.

I think that's the one, yeah. Where he and the rest of the Noble Alliance show up and raze Ymir. I had to retry that fight like five times, because he always S-Crafted me to death before I could get him to 50%.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I think that's the one, yeah. Where he and the rest of the Noble Alliance show up and raze Ymir. I had to retry that fight like five times, because he always S-Crafted me to death before I could get him to 50%.

let me let you on a secret:

Best girl.

That should be enough for you to figure it out 😉

Gotta agree with that. While i didn'T find them hard, i found Mecha fights boring and annoying. It's like a pokemon fight that lasts half an hour...

Never liked Mecha in anime anway. they belong to reality, where it's cool 😛

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

let me let you on a secret:

Best girl.

That should be enough for you to figure it out 😉

That's not so much a hint as it is throwing the answer into my face. XD
Though to be fair, I didn't know about the "How to break this game in half" builds until after I was done with the Intermission between Acts 1 and 2. Only after that could I unleash the brokenness that is dodgetank Fie.
Knowing about them in CS3 is so helpful, yet it breaks that game's difficulty in half, too.

6 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Worst Boss in Trails is Neithardt's mech fight in CSII.

Yeah, that fight was annoying, too.

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

"How to break this game in half"

thing is, everything breaks that game in half XD

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's not so much a hint as it is throwing the answer into my face. XD

Because there's only one true best girl

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

thing is, everything breaks that game in half XD

Let me make excuses for being terrible at easy games, please!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Because there's only one true best girl

The name of the achievement you get for the dance event with her in CS1 is called "More than a Fie-ling", which made me laugh for some reason.

A9VG: Even though players were able to choose Rean's romantic partner during the Trails arc, it looks based on present that there might be a final canon decision made?

Kondo: Many players have asked about this. At the least, if players have a "Trails of Cold Steel IV" save file for Hajimari, Hajimari will give preferential treatment to the choice made by players per that save file.

Edited by Shrimperor

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

A9VG: Even though players were able to choose Rean's romantic partner during the Trails arc, it looks based on present that there might be a final canon decision made?

Kondo: Many players have asked about this. At the least, if players have a "Trails of Cold Steel IV" save file for Hajimari, Hajimari will give preferential treatment to the choice made by players per that save file.

So that's why they said the Cold Steel pairings weren't canon. Cause they planned on players continuing their chosen pairing in the next game. Interesting, especially considering Hajimare's lack of bonding events.

I've finished the Orb hunt in DQXI. Now onto Arboria, the First Forest, and Yggdrasil at last. While some of the Orbs came unexpectedly too easy, the game is still very fun. I kinda lucked out with my semi-intentional Metal and Liquid Metal Slime hunting, everyone is ~35-36 now, overleveled by a bit for sure. But I do find Metal hunting for all that delicious EXP delightful.

I found it odd, yet coincidental the Orb hunt involves SPOILERS...

Spoiler

Three instances of womanly evil, albeit each time done very differently.:

• Michelle is not actually evil at all, the Mermaid Curse is a lie against her. I found the tragedy here moved me to near-tears, which is as far as any game evokes sadness in me. The poetic talk of the mermaids and mermen was suited to the fairytale-esque story of Michelle too, I loved it, and on the surface actually contributed to my concerns that she was so saccharine because she's evil.
  • Dora-in-Gray... I actually had to read the Oscar Wilde novel this name painfully references in high school. A young beautiful man who never ages, because a portrait of himself takes on all his hideousness. The curse of beauty IIRC came because he let a girl die or something, but I don't remember the details. In the end, Dorian commits suicide because of guilt and the painting returns to normal. 
    • Getting back to the demon woman, yep, irredeemable female evil, complete with a link to Mordegan the big evil lord.
  • The ice witch... I can't believe I already forgot her name. She is totally evil, but gets forgiven and turns good in the end. Was Enix channeling Disney's Frozen here? I never saw the movie, and myths of ice queens/witches are many, but as a recent modern influence? Maybe.

And regarding the ice witch, it's pretty clear that Jasper freed her from that flashback. So, Hendrik is looking to me like that he might see the Luminary's righteous light and sacrifice himself later. Jasper on the other hand, I don't think he is necessarily Mordegan in disguise, but at the least, he's fully aware of the demon king and directly working for him and not the corrupted king I'm thinking. -Assuming Mordegan isn't disguised as the long-dead king.

But whats the deal with Erik and Sniflheim? I can't figure this out the way the game made the surface of Sylvando's secret pretty obvious. There has been no mention of a lost prince of Snifheim, so I'm doubtful he's royalty. Is Erik the first Traitor Playable in DQ ever? But then why only did he react in Sniflheim? The flashback didn't look like he was the one who freed the witch and hence in need of hiding from her to keep his cover, and he can't be Jasper in disguise, unless Jasper has a bunshin (split soul/clone) or a twin brother, because they been seen together.

Whatever Erik's secret is, it must be big if it's keeping a lot of his skills inaccessible. Including that guaranteed critical hit ability, that probably isn't a guaranteed hit too, because if it was, Metal Slimes would die waaaaaaay too easily.

And I grinned a little when a Tockle gave me a Pastword to the Altar of the Undeciphered. Running through my mind "wait, I'd remember if a game had "undeciphered" in its subtitle" I quickly realized that "Undeciphered" was a non-meta way of saying "Untranslated". In other words, Dragon Quest X, the one mainline game not to leave Japan.

I do wish DQX could leave Japan, and I remember a few years ago one of its developers expressed a desire to bring it to the West, even if in an offline form. I've never played a real MMORPG, and I am not interested in paying any subscription for gaming, but I'd want to give DQX a try, and an offline version would be absolutely fine. Not sure what Race and Vocation I'd pick.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, time to really start Chapter 2. Hmm, going from a lone Warrior (who gets a Healslime halfway through, certainly), to a Martial Artist, Priest, and Mage, it's one upgrade of a party, heh.

Wait, what? I got into a fight with two Wigglies. Alena did 8 damage on one of them, then Borya did 1 on the same and took it down. So, Wigglies have 9HP, right? Except Kiryl one-shot the remaining one... doing 8 damage. Huh?

Edited by Acacia Sgt