The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

What are you playing, IV? I couldn't get much into IV. I really like V though.

Does anyone have advice for calming nerves before tests?
I'm really anxious for Tuesday.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Caster said:

What are you playing, IV? I couldn't get much into IV. I really like V though.

Yeah, IV. I'm on a bit of a marathon. Already done with the first three. Although, I'm afraid I'll only do up to VI.

7 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Is it normal at this point (Stelhang Castle) that I don't have any battle accessoires?

9ONMHcX.jpg

I visited all the shops, but I couldn't buy anything for these slots.

It's cause you're supposed to make them. Shops will sell recipes for accessories but they usually won't sell accessories themselves. And if they do, they aren't as good as stuff you could make yourself.

F*** you, Trails of Cold Steel III. F***. You.

That ending. That f***ing ending! I'm still in a state over it, like... what the hell, man?!? What the actual hell?!?
I'd like to talk about it in greater detail, but I won't for all of you who still want to play it. Go out, get that game, play it! Seriously. I'd advise against just watching a playthrough, because nothing replaces experiencing something for yourself.

As far as the final boss is concerned, @Armagon, it's nothing groundbreaking. It has over 160,000 HP, but it's Break gauge is easy to empty and you can just kill it from there. You fight it a total of three times and only on the second battle did I ever see it attack. The third battle is an utter curbstomp, where it goes down in a mere three attacks. Though at that point, it's not even a fight anymore, really, because... well... stuff.
Talking about this without going into spoilers is HARD.

Aside from the music, the final dungeon was also nothing remarkable. Just a series of boss fights in a long hallway, nothing more. The dungeon in the chapter prior to the final one is better.

The ending theme is the best in this series, however. It's great!

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It's cause you're supposed to make them. Shops will sell recipes for accessories but they usually won't sell accessories themselves. And if they do, they aren't as good as stuff you could make yourself.

I almost expected this answer, but seriously it feels strange to me that I have not been able to synthesize any equipment yet.

Needed almost two hours for chapter 21x.

This is one of very few chapters in FE where a silence staff has its uses.

I saw the fianl dungeon, boss and ending of CSIII. 

Whilst the dungeon and boss really are not particually amazing, the ending is truly an argument to play III and IV.

Edited by Falcom Knight

4 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I almost expected this answer, but seriously it feels strange to me that I have not been able to synthesize any equipment yet.

You need to unlock accessory recipes via the Alchemyriddle, too. And weapons and armor should become available pretty soon, I believe.

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Seriously. I'd advise against just watching a playthrough, because nothing replaces experiencing something for yourself.

That's what i did, RIP.

I mean, i'll be able to play it in like, a month.

Anyway, regarding that ending

Spoiler

Have fun having that ending eat away at you. For like, a year. Or however long it takes for CS4 to get localized.

If you really can't wait, i can DM you the CS4 playthrough i watched.

But yeah, that ending. Hoo boy. Before i watched the CS3 playthrough, i saw some people say to not play CS3 until after CS4 gets localized because of the hanging and after seeing it, i fully understood why. Trails has ended with cliffhangers before but CS3's ending isn't a cliffhanger, it's a fucking Mt. Everest-hanger

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It has over 160,000 HP, but it's Break gauge is easy to empty and you can just kill it from there. You fight it a total of three times and only on the second battle did I ever see it attack.

Ok so this is like, the opposite of what i wanted. Cause Trails final bosses are usually the worst boss in the games but this one seems like it's a bit too easy. So while it's probably not the worst boss in CS3, i do think it should've been a bit more challenging. Just, you know, without any stupid gimmicks or a wall of HP.

17 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I almost expected this answer, but seriously it feels strange to me that I have not been able to synthesize any equipment yet

Well regarding weapons and armor, you aren't able to do this until after you get to Arland City, where you gain access to the forge. But accessories, you should be able to synthesize some at this point. 

Edited by Armagon

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's what i did, RIP.

I mean, i'll be able to play it in like, a month.

Anyway, regarding that ending

Reveal hidden contents

Have fun having that ending eat away at you. For like, a year. Or however long it takes for CS4 to get localized.

If you really can't wait, i can DM you the CS4 playthrough i watched.

But yeah, that ending. Hoo boy. Before i watched the CS3 playthrough, i saw some people say to not play CS3 until after CS4 gets localized because of the hanging and after seeing it, i fully understood why. Trails has ended with cliffhangers before but CS3's ending isn't a cliffhanger, it's a fucking Mt. Everest-hanger

Regarding what you said about the ending

I'll wait. I'll have that ending eat away at me. This gives me time to process it properly, because the amount of stuff that happens in there is overwhelming, to say the least. The Mt. Everest-hanger moniker you gave to it is very accurate. And I now understand why Rean made such a big deal about not using his powers...

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok so this is like, the opposite of what i wanted. Cause Trails final bosses are usually the worst boss in the games but this one seems like it's a bit too easy. So while it's probably not the worst boss in CS3, i do think it should've been a bit more challenging. Just, you know, without any stupid gimmicks or a wall of HP.

It says a lot when the bosses before this one were a lot harder.

I had a weird dream

one of Future and Past

of Uni and School

of Flowers and desert

of Food and Love

Of Conquest and Fate

It was... an experience xD

56 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That ending. That f***ing ending! I'm still in a state over it, like... what the hell, man?!? What the actual hell?!?

I mean it's Trails xD

Cliffhangers are a must

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean it's Trails xD

Cliffhangers are a must

Armagon said it best: this isn't a cliffhanger. It's a f***ing Mt. Everest-hanger.

---

Also, I did a review-thingy:
https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/87433-soooooo-whatcha-playing/page/39/&tab=comments#comment-5576598

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Armagon said it best: this isn't a cliffhanger. It's a f***ing Mt. Everest-hanger.

That's has always been the case. I got the used to it so much, i was dissapointed and angry CS2 didn't end on one xD

The music is much weaker than it was in the previous two games, not that you'd actually be able to hear it in-game because the sound mixing is flat-out terrible

The Singa effect

Edited by Shrimperor

....WAIT! It has just now hit me that there hasn't been a single Puni in the Atelier Dusk trilogy. I'm six chapters into Shallie, the third game in this trilogy and i didn't realize this trilogy was lacking in Punis until now.

@DragonFlames serious question, are there Punis in Atelier Sophie?

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's has always been the case. I got the used to it so much, i was dissapointed and angry CS2 didn't end on one xD

And here I thought you hated the epilogue because of its awkward pacing and the final final dungeon. XD

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, the final boss isn't always the hardest one.

True, but here, the difference is like night and day.

7 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Punipunipuuuuuuniiiiiiiii

It was a bit like a WTF Moment to me when I heard them talking.

I almost feel bad for killing Punis after that quest.
But yes, that was a huge WTF Moment for me, too.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames serious question, are there Punis in Atelier Sophie?

Yup, there sure are.
You can make Puni Rockets, even. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup, there sure are.
You can make Puni Rockets, even. XD

Oh my God, Dusk is really the only Atelier subseries to not have Punis (to my knowledge). The entire trilogy is now a 0/10 no Punis. Smh.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And here I thought you hated the epilogue because of its awkward pacing and the final final dungeon. XD

Well, that, too, but the onii-sama reveal would've been the perfect end.

Just now, Armagon said:

Oh my God, Dusk is really the only Atelier subseries to not have Punis (to my knowledge). The entire trilogy is now a 0/10 no Punis. Smh.

An Atelier game without Punis?!?FYtwsJS.jpg

---

No Puni = No Buy

---

aOjxqGz.png

---

CBY8Lzs.jpg

You like this meme quad-strike?

Just now, Shrimperor said:
Well, that, too, but the onii-sama reveal would've been the perfect end.

That is true.