The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

HIGH REPUBLIC ERA, LET'S GO!

This is unexplored territory in the current canon so i'm pretty excited to see where it heads.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dead of Alive 6 is getting Gust costumes

Yeah, i did hear about this. Makes sense, given how Koei Tecmo publishes Gust's games (for better or worse).

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about a game I used to play a few years ago... It was a game where you controlled a pixel/particle spaceship thingy and you had to fly around the screen (no obstacles, just enemies) and shoot things up with the mouse. And there'd be all these colourful particle effects and different upgrades you could make to your ship. I can't remember what it's called, but I used to play it from here: http://abc-classics.com/abc3/games/index.html, but as you can see, the site is falling apart...! I just wish I knew what the name of that game was so I could find it on another site...

Ah yes, a Solar Minimum. Had read about it years ago.

Though it's not so much the Earth getting colder, just the solar activity not being as high.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I wake at 2: 28 in the morning, and I cannot sleep for now. At 2:56 AM, February 25, 2020, a Tuesday, I see the last of my beloved dog. To the vet they they are driven off, to return in ashes. Her end was not in slumber as sweet as she was, it was thrashing and exasperated breath, 13 long, amazing years, taken by her seizures, as was always feared. I will always love you, Ginger.

That's just... awful. It saddens me to hear that... Still reminds me of the time when our oldest cat Sootie, who was 18 years old at the time and suffering from old age, dementia and kidney failure... Dad was really sad to see Sootie go, but I was just glad that Sootie's suffering was at an end.

I was asked if I will volunteer for a business trip to Ghana as part of the work in late autumn.

This is one of the toughest decisions I ever will have to make.

On the one hand it would be the ultimate chance to see something NEW, but on the other hand I'm feared of the climatic conditions there.

I am asthmatic and have health issues against heat with high humidity and I caanot stand climatic conditioners.

I will think about it safely.

Have some time left till the decision.

@Interdimensional Observer

Sorry to hear that!

Losing a pet is always sad, especially if it lived so long that it had been part of the family.

I faced some cats's death, even baby cats 😢

Edited by Falcom Knight

It's so hard to choose a definitive favorite Xenoblade game after going through them all again lately but I would say it's

Torna>Xenoblade Chronicles>Xenoblade 2> Xenoblade X. That's probably going to change when the definitive edition comes out, but at this point that's where I stand.

previously on: Xenoblade Chronicles 2:

Characters: "Let's sail to the World Tree!"
Random Sea (Cloud?) Dragon: "Allow me to introduce myself!"
Characters: "Oh noes!"
Giant whale: "I have a village in my belly!"
Characters: "What?"
Giant whale: "FOOOOOOD!!!" *swallows boat with Characters on it*

Me: "Yay, new area to explore!"

---

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wake at 2: 28 in the morning, and I cannot sleep for now. At 2:56 AM, February 25, 2020, a Tuesday, I see the last of my beloved dog. To the vet they they are driven off, to return in ashes. Her end was not in slumber as sweet as she was, it was thrashing and exasperated breath, 13 long, amazing years, taken by her seizures, as was always feared. I will always love you, Ginger.

My sincerest condolences. I hope your dog will rest in peace.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Damn, that's tough. Your doggo shall play in the play pen in the heavens. May she rest in peace.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Losing a pet always hurts. I too know what it feels like. My dog died a few years ago to natural causes but I was halfway across the world when it happened so I never got to properly say goodbye.

May your dog rest in peace.

Edited by Armagon

On 2/23/2020 at 6:41 AM, Falcom Knight said:

Is Ryza considered as being sexualized because she shows her belly?

Byelth does too and no one ever complained about it for her being a teacher and having prototypical function.

I dunno. I mean, the first Atelier game had a heroine whose outfit exposed her midriff.

That's a huge reason why I prefer the male's design. And I don't even have an issue with female characters wearing outfits that expose their midriffs most of the time.

Edited by Shadow Mir

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

Rune Factory 4 Special really comes out tomorrow. God, it feels like it's been forever.

Speaking of, did you get it? Because I couldn't find it at the GameStop I went to. The clerk there never even heard of it.

21 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For the Atelier fans here:

dead-or-alive-6-atelier-ryza-honoka-1200dead-or-alive-6-atelier-ryza-klaudia-120dead-or-alive-6-atelier-ryza-lila-1200x6

Dead of Alive 6 is getting Gust costumes. A major fighting game franchise with some reputation for smut (be it warranted or overplayed).

I'm not surprised. They did it before in DoA5, and Koei Tecmo does have associations with Gust these days.

Edited by Shadow Mir

21 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of, did you get it? Because I couldn't find it at the GameStop I went to. The clerk there never even heard of it.

Yep. Had it pre-loaded for like a whole month. Haven't been able to play it too much though because college but I've already met Clorica, the best girl.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

previously on: Xenoblade Chronicles 2:

Characters: "Let's sail to the World Tree!"
Random Sea (Cloud?) Dragon: "Allow me to introduce myself!"
Characters: "Oh noes!"
Giant whale: "I have a village in my belly!"
Characters: "What?"
Giant whale: "FOOOOOOD!!!" *swallows boat with Characters on it*

Me: "Yay, new area to explore!"

Oooh, Uraya. Uraya's one of the prettiest Xenoblade areas, which is saying a lot in a series with a lot of fantastic areas.

Uraya during petal-fall weather is peak kino. Petal-fall is rare and it only happens at night btw.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

It's so hard to choose a definitive favorite Xenoblade game after going through them all again lately but I would say it's

Torna>Xenoblade Chronicles>Xenoblade 2> Xenoblade X. That's probably going to change when the definitive edition comes out, but at this point that's where I stand.

For me, it's: Xenoblade 2 > Torna >= Xenoblade 1. Haven't played X so I can't judge.

Adding in the other Xeno games, the ranking further expands to: Xenosaga III > Xenogears > Xenosaga I >>>>>>>>> Xenosaga II.

All of this is based on overall enjoyment. If we're talking the gameplay, then Torna has the best gameplay, with XS3 having the best gameplay of the pre-Blade games. Story-wise, Xenogears reigns supreme.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yep. Had it pre-loaded for like a whole month. Haven't been able to play it too much though because college but I've already met Clorica, the best girl.

Wait, it's a digital exclusive? Because I thought it wasn't...

26 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Wait, it's a digital exclusive? Because I thought it wasn't...

It's not, there's physical copies.

However, given Rune Factory's niche status, you probably won't find a physical copy at GameStop or somewhere similar.

However, Amazon and the Xseed store have physical copies (there's even a special edition if you want).

So i just finished the Langrisser 1/2 remake demo...

I have to say, i am not impressed. Especially since they are asking for 50€. Imo, feels like a 10-15€ game at most. Game doesn't feel modernized at all. The scene transitions are super awkward, and the story is minimal, like a 90s game. Yeah, it's a remake of one, but i thought remakes are suppossed to flesh stuff out?

Also, i don't like the combat. First for all, the Battle forecast is useless, and means nothing. Second, you can't calculate stuff yourself, in the originals it was mostly AT - DF (+ RNG factors, but you get the idea), and third, the attack animations don't matter anymore (because they don't even exist lol.)

To explain the animation part, in the originals, each type of unit had a different animation and a different animation speed, like for example, Archers could counter attack at 1 range yes, but they always attacked last (which always ends with them wiped out before getting an attack in), while Assassins usually attacked first, etc. That unique mechanic is gone.

Speaking about Animation: Wtf? While i am not one to care about graphics, this is ridiculous. Like why does the mobile game have better everything? Better art, better graphics and even an english dub?

Also, too many units. In Langrisser 4 it works due to the AT-system (like Trails. It really kinda plays like Trails gameplay in SRPG form.), so you don't have to control 40 units at the same turn, but using Player Phase/Enemy Phase turn mechanics with that many units is kinda ooof. Maybe it's just me however.

Or maybe the Maps they had in the Demo were just bleh. Especially the L1 ones.

So yeah, i don't think i will be getting this. Maybe at 80% Sale or something.

Edited by Shrimperor

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

and the story is minimal, like a 90s game. Yeah, it's a remake of one, but i thought remakes are suppossed to flesh stuff out?

I mean, it depends. Gaiden literally only had like 30 lines of dialouge which would be unacceptable by today's standards, which is why SoV expanded everything. On the flip side, FE1 and 3 had more established stories so their remakes didn't add a whole lot in regards to that. And that's assuming the game is story-heavy in the first place.

Now, i don't know how Langressier 1 and 2's stories fare but it could be the reason why it didn't receive an expanded story.

42 minutes ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I honestly think that women going out to battle showing off their midriffs is unacceptable. What if someone stabs her in the belly?

I think it doesn't matter because it's fiction. Unless it's like, super out of place (and i mean super out of place), i don't really care what a character wears tbh.

Talking about Rune Factory 4 Special

Screenshot_20200225-220731_1.png

Anyway, first impressions for Rune Factory 4 Special are in order. I'm gonna keep things short: it's good to be back. Let's see if I can finally buy that super expensive house on Autumn Road.

I've just always went with the default names.

Oh, that house. I never got the money to buy it either. Then again, I've only twice reached Act III and money was always going to other things...