• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer what do you think? I kinda see it but i kinda don't, but i wouldn't be surprised if Brighid was inspired by what's her face, seeing as how the Xenogears inspiration is coursing through Xenoblade 2's veins.

Well, the colors and facial expression are very close. And Monolith has been as much or more blatant with its copying: Zohar-Lifehold-Aegis Core shape, Khan-Dickson, Citan-Jin(-Dunban-Nagi?), Vanderkamx2-Vangarre-Vandhamx2. 

Though, I am hesitant to the Water Element (I forget her name, but it isn't Dominia or Seraphita, this one is the one named after "Cherubim" IIRC) and Brighid are more than visual coincidences.

In the case of Khan and Dickson, you have the genetic and adoptive-ish father figure respectively of the main hero, which cements the visual similarities beyond the point of coincidence. Considering what little we get of Khan's personality doesn't align with Dickson's, personality matching does not inherently mean intentional parallel. I don't see anything to further tie the Element and Brighid. But could we have a true resurrection of the Elements come XC3? It can but doesn't have to be all female, the original Elements was 3/4s men.

---

I stood corrected about the 6th Stratum, the first two floors were simply the deceptively easy part. The rest? As unforgivingly deadly as I expected, every enemy formation could potentially 1-2 turn me gone. For the superbosses, Primordiphant was easy, and Dryad took 5 turns; bosses are weaker than random encounters, not what you'd expect. I haven't done the other two I want to fight yet; I used my old first play team to help grind Ental and EXP to get the second crew its ultimate equips and leveled for its try at the other two superbosses I will fight. This is feeling unfun, but I like the idea of having a perfectly armed team before moving on to the new playthrough.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cherubim

DID SOMEONE SAY CHERUBIM? ANGELIC CHORUS TIME!

1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

I am....... yet.

You will be okay. Just get some rest when you need it, and try to not panic much. If you are scared or anxious you might feel worse, so. Your body can make you feel worse physically when you are panicked or scared emotionally.
You will be okay, so don't worry.

Atelier Eleanor when?
Nf8h04J.jpg

rAqbECE.jpg

---

19 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Jokes aside I am scared, but it would only suit if the first positive news of 2020 would be the sars-cov-4 test.

As @Caster said, don't panic! Get some rest, don't overwork yourself and things should go well.

I'm not sure if I can beat past the level 230 coliseum match at my current level. (140) I think the next one up is 260, and I got super lucky to beat the 230 one.

Oh well, back to leveling up, I suppose.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I'm not sure if I can beat past the level 230 coliseum match at my current level. (140) I think the next one up is 260, and I got super lucky to beat the 230 one.

Oh well, back to leveling up, I suppose.

I think it's impressive enough that you managed to beat the level 230 one with levels around 140. I got my rear end handed to me when I attempted it with levels around 180.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think it's impressive enough that you managed to beat the level 230 one with levels around 140. I got my rear end handed to me when I attempted it with levels around 180.

What I did was: I lured K:Sha to a corner with one person while having them guard her attacks every turn, and had the others (Mostly Ram) destroy the item/skill lockers. Admittidly, there's a lot of luck involved there, since who she targets is random, but the way it worked for me was, her and my unit were on the other side of the arena.

I also suppose it depends on who's in your main party.

Edited by lightcosmo

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I also suppose it depends on who's in your main party.

No doubt about that. The person who becomes the lure will need to tank a lot of hits, so someone like Vert or Rom/Ram can't really do that, since none of them are what I would call tanky.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What I did was: I lured K:Sha to a corner with one person while having them guard her attacks every turn, and had the others (Mostly Ram) destroy the item/skill lockers. Admittidly, there's a lot of luck involved there, since who she targets is random, but the way it worked for me was, her and my unit were on the other side of the arena.

Sounds like a good strategy, even with the luck it involves. I imagine you could manipulate K-Sha into going for somebody specific somehow. I think I'll try this out for myself and see once I unlock the Colosseum in my current playthrough (I still need to get the other ending, after all).

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

No doubt about that. The person who becomes the lure will need to tank a lot of hits, so someone like Vert or Rom/Ram can't really do that, since none of them are what I would call tanky.

Sounds like a good strategy, even with the luck it involves. I imagine you could manipulate K-Sha into going for somebody specific somehow. I think I'll try this out for myself and see once I unlock the Colosseum in my current playthrough (I still need to get the other ending, after all).

They also need to have Noire's Fire defence since they also use that, and the 50% reduction makes it a lot easier to tank. They also need Noire for her Round guard ability, so in case of back shots you don't die.

This was my disc setup:

Physical Defence 5

Fire Defence (any level works)

Regenerate 5

I think Blanc or Noire herself are best for this, though. I used Noire as my decoy and she took about 2,000 to 3,000 per round, and she healed around 1,600 or so, I can't remember the exact number.

Edited by lightcosmo

They also need to have Noire's Fire defence since they also use that, and the 50% reduction makes it a lot easier to tank. They also need Noire for her Round guard ability, so in case of back shots you don't die.

This was my disc setup:

Physical Defence 5

Fire Defence (any level works)

Regenerate 5

Neptune may be good with this setup, since she has Regenerate already. With the right Processors (the Devil set), she can straight up heal through almost any enemy attack.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Neptune may be good with this setup, since she has Regenerate already. With the right Processors (the Devil set), she can straight up heal through almost any enemy attack.

As long as she has Noire as her partner, she should work just fine! Also considering both of her defensive stats are pretty good. Physical Defence 5 is a must, though.

Right, i'm also assuming level 10 support ranks with eachother.

Question: i'm trying to platinum the game and I don't know how to get the character cards, where are they? I can't find them in shops at all.

Edited by lightcosmo

As long as she has Noire as her partner, she should work just fine! Also considering both of her defensive stats are pretty good. Physical Defence 5 is a must, though.

Right, i'm also assuming level 10 support ranks with eachother.

NepNowa confirmed.
You have to have level 10 support ranks to get all three support skills, if I remember right.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

NepNowa confirmed.
You have to have level 10 support ranks to get all three support skills, if I remember right.

You do, I just thought it fair to mention it!

Another totally random thing I noticed in the lily rank menu, why does it say that big Nep has resist wind instead of resist dark?

Another totally random thing I noticed in the lily rank menu, why does it say that big Nep has resist wind instead of resist dark?

She has resist dark in actual gameplay, right? Maybe the translators just mixed up the skills and thought she had resist wind instead?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She has resist dark in actual gameplay, right? Maybe the translators just mixed up the skills and thought she had resist wind instead?

Yeah, she has resist Dark. It makes me laugh, though! Leave it to big Nep to not know what skill she actually has! 😣

9 hours ago, Caster said:

You will be okay. Just get some rest when you need it, and try to not panic much. If you are scared or anxious you might feel worse, so. Your body can make you feel worse physically when you are panicked or scared emotionally.
You will be okay, so don't worry.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

@Caster said, don't panic! Get some rest, don't overwork yourself and things should go well.

Thanks for taking my fears!

I am mainly worried because I have pre existing illness (Asthma).

When I should get hit by the virus, it could hit hard, like really hard.

I have been sick on more days in this year yet than in the past two years together.

Working home prevents contacts, but then I still have to go shopping.

And on wednesday I have to use public transport again.

Me since early yesterday

SCyibiQ.jpg

@Falcom KnightTake care of yourself! Get some rest and hopefully everything will go well!

@lightcosmo The final boss is Lvl50, so of course lvl 90 will make it easy xD. Did you the Post game Vert + Arthut lvl 100 fight?

@DragonFlames @Armagon

I know i already said this before, but Atelier's deep crafting system really needs a deep battle system to shine
the battle system being so basic really doesn't do the crafting justice.

Imagine Atelier's Crafting with Trails' gameplay. Now we are talking.

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlames @Armagon

I know i already said this before, but Atelier's deep crafting system really needs a deep battle system to shine
the battle system being so basic really doesn't do the crafting justice.

Imagine Atelier's Crafting with Trails' gameplay. Now we are talking.

I personally believe that Atelier's battle system is exactly as deep as it needs to be. Between all the different battle items, equipment, and party members, it gives you a lot of options without ever feeling too overwhelming (kinda like the crafting system itself, really) and I appreciate the games for that, because the deeper and more complex a combat system gets, the more it runs the risk of becoming too convoluted or 75% of its complexity is lost in favor of one or two completely broken things that render basically everything else obsolete.

You could also make the argument that the combat isn't even the point of the series. In fact, I'd say that for some games, you could remove the combat entirely and you wouldn't really lose anything, Atelier Rorona being one such example.

As a small side note, because as someone who's only ever played the Cold Steel games in the Trails series I'm not the best authority on this, but I'd actually say the respective combat systems are about equal in depth and fun factor (which to me is more important, honestly. If I'm not having fun, then a system can be as deep as an ocean and I wouldn't care). I love 'em both a whole lot.
Best turn-based JRPG combat system goes to mainline Neptunia for me, though.

Edited by DragonFlames