The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

@DragonFlames Are you at all familiar with Pokemon: Battle Revolution? It was the last of Genius Sonority's trio of 3D Pokemon games.

I owned it, not much substance to the gameplay, just a bunch of tournaments, usually with various gimmicks, with rental Pokemon available if you didn't import from D&P (no Platinum or HG/SS connectivity). Though it did have online battles, and fairly nice trainer visual customization- they even added the choice of three skin tones for the North American version so why doesn't FE let you pick in 12/13/14/15?.

Anyhow, I bring it up, because despite not being good on content, is the soundtrack. Battle Revolution has the same Music Director as those the Orre duology, and listening again to BR's soundtrack, it is actually not half-bad, even good in some places. 

How about Neon Colosseum for a taste test?:

Compensates a wee bit for the fact you throw darts at a spinning wheel to determine what Pokemon (of those that you and the other trainer brought) you get in this tournament. Pray to RNGiratina your opponent doesn't take all your OP Pokes and you get stuck with their crummy Skiploom.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

A JRPG series with few elements of a simulation.

11 hours ago, Benice said:

It' a game series thing. I haven't played it yet, but the art looks cool. But don't search up Ryza and scroll down... yikes...

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

It's a long-running series of JRPGs that put a large focus on a crafting system known as alchemy. It's a rather light-hearted series, though it does have some more serious stories as well. For the most part, they are sit-down-and-feel-good kind of games, though.

That's a little less detailed then I would like it to be but I can kind of get an idea what your talking about, I suppose I could always look it up anyways.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

All restaurants will be closed tomorrow from now on.

Means I have to come back to cooking...... without stove.

Spring Equinox is today! I say you should start a fire and cook outside with a pot o' water, I know that's what I'm doing.

24 minutes ago, NickelPlateRoad said:

That's a little less detailed then I would like it to be but I can kind of get an idea what your talking about, I suppose I could always look it up anyways.

I am bad in explaining, so check out this.

Started Zero again...... but this time in English.

Now I am 100% confident I'm going to FINISH this game.

Edited by Falcom Knight

I am going to do it! I am going to finish RD today!

God, I wish Aran had better caps. With one more point of strength, he would OHKO every dragon on the map, (rebirth 3.) But he has capped everything but Magic and Resistance. And Hp, but I'm pretty sure the caps are really high on that.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Most likely, yeah.
I'd like it if Neptune or anyone from that series was added to Smash. Would give me a reason to buy Smash Ultimate, at the very least. But the chances of that happening are next to nothing, not just because the fans would riot (I mean, fans rioting didn't stop Byleth), but because Neptunia and Atelier both are third party franchises which aren't especially well known to many people.

Indeed. It's to the point where I am somewhat sad that they lose those attacks when they're purified, because some of them are downright broken.

I agree with wanting to see Nep in smash. Anything can happen, y'know.

Yeah, they are actually fun to use as well. 

I really hate that AoE thing that Deghinsea does. It killed Ike right before I thought I actually survived.

Today, I learned three things about Xenoblade Chronicles 2:
Number One: Nopon can and will go all Suicide Bomber on people if you piss them off enough.
Number Two:

Cat girls can casually resurrect the dead. (nigl, that scene was the biggest wtf moment of the game so far, in the sense that it caught me completely off guard)

Number Three: You could call the Rare Blades "Waifu Brigade" instead and it would make as much sense.
nQu7cl2.jpg
Actually, that third point was just an excuse to show you that I indeed got Kasandra now. A bit late, perhaps, but hey. Better late than never, I say.

Also, Nia is best girl.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@DragonFlames Are you at all familiar with Pokemon: Battle Revolution? It was the last of Genius Sonority's trio of 3D Pokemon games.

I owned it, not much substance to the gameplay, just a bunch of tournaments, usually with various gimmicks, with rental Pokemon available if you didn't import from D&P (no Platinum or HG/SS connectivity). Though it did have online battles, and fairly nice trainer visual customization- they even added the choice of three skin tones for the North American version so why doesn't FE let you pick in 12/13/14/15?

Yup, I'm familiar with it. My majority of time with Pokémon's 4th Generation was spent on Battle Revolution. I had lots of fun with the game, though the lack of story mode or Stadium-esque minigames was a bit disappointing. I absolutely loved the customization options, as well.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Compensates a wee bit for the fact you throw darts at a spinning wheel to determine what Pokemon (of those that you and the other trainer brought) you get in this tournament. Pray to RNGiratina your opponent doesn't take all your OP Pokes and you get stuck with their crummy Skiploom.

I absolutely hated Colosseum Neon for this exact reason. I beat it exactly once, then never again.

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I agree with wanting to see Nep in smash. Anything can happen, y'know.

Let's hope it does! If they ever do one of those "decide the next character" things that they did for Smash 4 again, I think I'll participate and suggest Neptune.
There is a Neptunia game on the Switch with another one coming, after all.

Edited by DragonFlames

Today, I learned three things about Xenoblade Chronicles 2:
Number One: Nopon can and will go all Suicide Bomber on people if you piss them off enough.
Number Two: Cat girls can casually resurrect the dead. (nigl, that scene was the biggest wtf moment of the game so far, in the sense that it caught me completely off guard)
Number Three: You could call the Rare Blades "Waifu Brigade" instead and it would make as much sense.
nQu7cl2.jpg
Actually, that third point was just an excuse to show you that I indeed got Kasandra now. A bit late, perhaps, but hey. Better late than never, I say.

Let's hope it does! If they ever do one of those "decide the next character" things that they did for Smash 4 again, I think I'll participate and suggest Neptune.
There is a Neptunia game on the Switch with another one coming, after all.

Congrats on getting Kassandra! She's fun to use, in my opinion.

And yeah, this is true as well! Hope for the best!

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters is quite possibly the most boring Godzilla movie i have ever seen. Movie's an hour and 28 minutes long and Godzilla's barely in this movie. He doesn't show up until the last 30-ish minutes. One of the criticisms of Godzilla 2014 is that he doesn't show up enough times but PotM makes it look like Godzilla was in the 2014 movie for the entire run time. Also, the Godzilla in this movie is probably the most unappealing version of Godzilla i have ever seen. I showed a screenshot to my friend and he said it looked like Godzilla took too long in the bath. The only nice thing i can say about this movie is that as far as full CGI anime is concerned, it could've looked a lot worse.

I don't want to watch the anime trilogy in one go. To make up for Planet of the Monsters' awfulness, i'm gonna watch Godzilla 2000 later tonight. 

17 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Also I thought about something past night:

Super Smash Bros should add Atelier protagonist.

It's like the Dragon Quest Hero of having like eight protagonists with having all the same moveset.

Their moveset would go a bit in the direction of villager by using various items (hammer, rod, bomb, self healing...).

B Button does alchemy. The longer it's done, the more powerful the item / weapon is.

It would be a great opportunity to add an only female character.

None of the added characters has been female yet aside of gendersplit Byleth.

This could work ngl. I think there might also be an item-limit feature, similarly to Robin's durability meter. But it doesn't have to be like that. Just a thought.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Number Two: spoilers

Might want to spoiler tag that.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, the male-female ratio when it comes to the Blades is heavily skewed to the female side. The designers were given near total freedom when it came to designing the Rare Blades, which is why most of them turned out female.

Btw, for whatever reason, Roc's gender is internally listed as 4. Yeah, you read that right. Roc's gender is 4. Because of this, he can't be sent on certain Merc Missions.

Greetings from the Anti-Void, mortals! It is such an honour to enter your realm.

It would be nice to have a break from destroying all those Conquest timelines... In the meantime, WeAreNewcastle1053 has graciously become mmy puppet so I can communicate with you.

This will be FUN

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Congrats on getting Kassandra! She's fun to use, in my opinion.

Thank you!
And yes, she's been great so far!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Might want to spoiler tag that.

Done!

Yeah, the male-female ratio when it comes to the Blades is heavily skewed to the female side. The designers were given near total freedom when it came to designing the Rare Blades, which is why most of them turned out female.

I'm certainly not complaining.
Speaking of male Blades, I have once again been successful with RNG-related things:

rLWIZ0z.jpg

Btw, for whatever reason, Roc's gender is internally listed as 4. Yeah, you read that right. Roc's gender is 4. Because of this, he can't be sent on certain Merc Missions.

Lmao.
Ngl, I thought Roc was a Male. I have sent him on some Merc Missions, but I haven't payed attention to if his/her/its presence counted towards gender requirements. I guess they didn't, then. Interesting!

2 hours ago, Benice said:

I vote they make a neptunia game for the wii. That way I can actually play one.

Pfff, as if. They abandoned the Wii years ago, and they're also in the process of slowly abandoning the 3DS... tragic, but at least I can destroy more Conquest timelines without those "admins" trying to hunt me down.

1 minute ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Pfff, as if. They abandoned the Wii years ago, and they're also in the process of slowly abandoning the 3DS... tragic, but at least I can destroy more Conquest timelines without those "admins" trying to hunt me down.

Did you hear about Ryo?

Shortening and altering Hoshidan names works differently to shortening your names... "Benny" can be shortened to "Ben" with little consequence... but trying to shorten my name (ignoring the "Error" at the front) from "Ryoma" to "Ryo" will give you a different name entirely.

Speaking of male Blades, I have once again been successful with RNG-related things:

Gorg. The Blade that looks like a JoJo character.

Blades are just Stands tbh.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

nQu7cl2.jpg

GET RID OF HER NOW! -No wait, don't, I don't want to see her sa- NO! GET RID OF- Keep her!

...Did you do her Blade Quest "Our Daily Bread" in Gormott? It should be easy enough at this point. The above will make sense if you do.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hmm...

If we...

• Consolidate the Poppis as one, being only forms of one person.
  • Ignore the NG+ only Rares.
  • Ignore the Ladies D- & U- Teneritas b/c they're not original.
  • Add Crosvin for being originals.
  • Leave out 'buster b/c it's two different-gendered things and thats complicated.
  • And ignore the Land of Challenge trio b/c they're not original.

...We get exactly 37 usable Story Blades/Rare Blades.

Of these, if I counted right, 27 are females. So 10 are men.  

If we drop the Story Blades and count only the sidequest & gatcha Rares + DLC duo being counted, then the total is 28 Rare Blades. And of these, 20 are female to 8 males.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I thought Roc was regarded as female in-universe?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I thought Roc was regarded as female in-universe?

I'm pretty sure Roc is refered to by male pronounes. And nothing about Roc says female, though tbf, being a non-humanoid Blade does make it a bit tricky to tell. But regardless, i'm pretty sure it was established that Roc was male. Why his gender shows up as 4, i have no idea.

Edited by Armagon

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm pretty sure Roc is refered to by male pronounes. And nothing about Roc says female, though tbf, being a non-humanoid Blade does make it a bit tricky to tell. But regardless, i'm pretty sure it was established that Roc was male. Why his gender shows up as 4, i have no idea.

Whoops, my mistake then.

...Why do most Blades even look humanoid? Did the DEEP SPOILERS scene I skipped over cover that? And what about Blade personalities? How and why did they originate? I remember you told me the origin of Blades, but I'm not connecting the dots between their origins and their shapes and behaviors.

To actually speak of a little bit of SPOILERS FROM THE VERY DAMN END OF THE GAME without our new cult member accidentally wondering into them too soon...:

Spoiler

In particular, what of the Aegises? How did the Master Blades emerge from the AIs of the Trinity Processor? And why don't the only Blades to never forget, not remember anything prior to being awakened by Amalthus and Addam?

And it need be said, that if Ontos is who it's predicted to be, then it has to retroactively be explained why their memories endured when the other two Masters lost theirs'.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Why do most Blades even look humanoid? Did the DEEP SPOILERS scene I skipped over cover that? And what about Blade personalities? How and why did they originate? I remember you told me the origin of Blades, but I'm not connecting the dots between their origins and their shapes and behaviors.

To actually speak of a little bit of SPOILERS FROM THE VERY DAMN END OF THE GAME without our new cult member accidentally wondering into them too soon...:

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

So in regards to Malos and Pneuma

• They were recieving data from all the other Core Crystals. Because of that, they could likely function as Blades themselves, given that they have all the data neccesary to do so. But because they are the recievers, they don't transform into Titans and they have all the functions of the World Tree, including controlling the Artifices. As for the other Blades, most of them are humanoid because most Drivers are humans. It's established that Nopon are very rarely Drivers (notice that there isn't a single Nopon-looking Blade....actually, i guess Boreas) and while monster Drivers are more common, i'd imagine that they are still much less common than human Drivers based on principles. 
    •  Also here's a small theory but i think it's possible that the life cycle of a Blade is: Common Blade -> Rare Blade -> Titan. It would explain the generic apperances of Common Blades. They are still young Blades. Rare Blades are older. They've accumilated more data. That's why they are able to have more unique appearances and defined personalities.
      •  If true, that would explain why Malos and Mythra awoke the way they did. Because they have all that data. They won't become Titans but they ended up skipping the Common Blade part of the life cycle.
  • Not having their memories pre-awakening, i think the anwser is simple. It's that they weren't awakened yet. That said, Pneuma does have memories of Elyisum, at least what it looked like before The Experiment. This might explain why Alvis, if he is indeed Ontos, remembered The Experiment. Let's assume XenoblaDE isn't a thing. Alvis' memory of what happened is fractured. He remembers The Experiment but he doesn't remember it correctly.

However, if that isn't the case in regards to point two, it's likely that Alvis is simply functioning on a different set of rules. He seems far more powerful than both Malos and Pneuma combined given that he was able to create an entire universe. I imagine a being designed to control the Conduit being in a universe create by the Conduit would do that.

However, i've also had a theory in the back of my mind that Alvis isn't Ontos, but rather, a physical manifestation of the Conduit's concious. Alvis at the end of Xenoblade 1 looks a lot like Xenogears' Wave Existence and thanks to the Conduit, i feel like there's a connection here. It would explain why Alvis is so much more powerful. This would also mean that Ontos ended up in a completely different universe and the Ontos name drop was a setup for that.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

However, i've also had a theory in the back of my mind that Alvis isn't Ontos, but rather, a physical manifestation of the Conduit's concious. Alvis at the end of Xenoblade 1 looks a lot like Xenogears' Wave Existence and thanks to the Conduit, i feel like there's a connection here. It would explain why Alvis is so much more powerful. This would also mean that Ontos ended up in a completely different universe and the Ontos name drop was a setup for that.

Spoiler

Alvis being the will of the Conduit doesn't match with what he says about being "the administrative computer of a phase transition experimental facility. [...] To you, I am a machine." That fact was established long before the Conduit was introduced, and it's consistent with what Xenoblade 2 introduced if Alvis is in fact Ontos. Alvis's appearance is likely a reference to the Wave Existence but it might not be anything more than out-of-universe symbolism (since they're both "God" in the context of their universes).

At this point I just think Ontos was mentioned to provide context for Alvis's existence in Xenoblade 1, because if there were only two Aegises then people would wonder how Alvis fits into Xenoblade 2's revelations. But we'll have to wait until the Definitive Edition comes out to see what it has to say on the matter.