The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was wondering how you'd react to that.

Reveal hidden contents

Any EXP Nia would've earned while in her Blade form is converted into BEXP I believe. So you can use her this way without worries of her falling behind on levels. You'll just need others to do the healing, but Nia herself has a healing art.

And for foreshadowing, retrospectively, it does make sense when you consider she would've been the only ordinary person in Torna if she wasn't this way. Torna is Malos + outcasts.

I really enjoyed the Zeke scene earlier as well. It endeared me much more to Pandoria. The things you learn while spelunking through stifling caves, it was a good way to have meaningful narrative en route to the final destination.

The insta-friendzoning of Rex towards Blade Nia was kinda funny too.

I'm happy that she'll get bonus EXP at the very least. This allows me to try out her Blade Form, which I was planning on doing, anyway.

I was wondering how she got to be captured then rescued by Jin since they showed that cutscene the first time where she was captured by Mor Ardain. Glad to have some context to that now. The foreshadowing was particularly heavy during the later parts of Chapter 6 (the fight against the Torna minions, to be exact) and then the walk through the cave basically confirmed it (it being that she's actually a Blade or at least has the properties of one) before the actual reveal, which I found a great way to make the payoff even better.

Yup, I loved the Zeke scene, too! Pandoria is awesome. It also explained how Zeke became affiliated with Amalthus and his group.

Rex should have reciprocated. Their chemistry is way too good for anything less, but hey, I'm not mad.
Though I found it shocking that she confessed to him at all, even though they had the proper build-up for it there.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

such as the one I think would be called Ancient Knowledge in English (the one Dromarch comes with), which you need very frequently, but because only Dromarch and Aegaeon have it among the Blades I currently own, I usually fail the higher level checks, which adds further annoyance to everything.

Well tbf, Anicent Knoweldge is one of the less annoying Field Skills since you get two garuanteed Blades that have it. But the more obscure Field Skills can be very annoying.

But i think the other problem is how long it takes to unlock the higher tiers of Affinity Charts (unless you have the DLC which gives you access to the very good Love Source), which results in having to stack Blades more.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

On the finish lines of Zero No Kiseki

Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER_20200323_204034.jpg

Best Girl, time to do it, Finish the Final Boss off

Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER_20200323_213614.jpg

PHOENIX
WAVE

Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER_20200323_213615.jpg

AWWWWW :3 :3 :3

Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER_20200323_214655.jpg

o7

Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER_20200323_215446.jpg

Man, what a journey. Exactly what i wanted as a follow up to Trails in the Sky

Congrats. The Trails of Azure translation is up and ready to go (but not for the PC version) so there's that if you want to continue the story.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Any EXP Nia would've earned while in her Blade form is converted into BEXP I believe. So you can use her this way without worries of her falling behind on levels. You'll just need others to do the healing, but Nia herself has a healing art.

And for foreshadowing, retrospectively, it does make sense when you consider she would've been the only ordinary person in Torna if she wasn't this way. Torna is Malos + outcasts.

I really enjoyed the Zeke scene earlier as well. It endeared me much more to Pandoria. The things you learn while spelunking through stifling caves, it was a good way to have meaningful narrative en route to the final destination.

The insta-friendzoning of Rex towards Blade Nia was kinda funny too.

Spoiler

In regards to the Zeke/Pandoria scene, i really like how Pandoria's glasses become clear after this, both in-game and in her artwork. It's a nice subtle way of showing the development.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm happy that she'll get bonus EXP at the very least. This allows me to try out her Blade Form, which I was planning on doing, anyway.

I was wondering how she got to be captured then rescued by Jin since they showed that cutscene the first time where she was captured by Mor Ardain. Glad to have some context to that now. The foreshadowing was particularly heavy during the later parts of Chapter 6 (the fight against the Torna minions, to be exact) and then the walk through the cave basically confirmed it (it being that she's actually a Blade or at least has the properties of one) before the actual reveal, which I found a great way to make the payoff even better.

Yup, I loved the Zeke scene, too! Pandoria is awesome. It also explained how Zeke became affiliated with Amalthus and his group.

Rex should have reciprocated. Their chemistry is way too good for anything less, but hey, I'm not mad.
Though I found it shocking that she confessed to him at all, even though they had the proper build-up for it there.

Spoiler

Haha yes, Rex/Nia is the more popular ship. And even though it ended up being a friendzone, i do like how there's post-battle dialouge where that is brought up. So the friendzone isn't just treated as a "haha", the fact that it happened is actually acknoweldged and shows that Rex isn't just being dense.

Btw, when refering to Blade Nia outside of spoiler discussion, she is refered to as "Catalyst". It's common for Xenoblade fans to refer to spoiler characters by a code.

Speaking of Nia, she does preform better as Driver than a Blade, even if as a Blade, she's very good. But since you don't have Pyra/Mythra at the moment, it's in your best interest to keep Nia as a Blade.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Congrats! Seems like you got your Trails spirit back!

Umu umu. Classic Trails was always my jam. I am super hyped for Ao now lol. But gotta take a few days rest and finish Lulua first

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

but not for the PC version

There's one for the PC version actually. But voices don't work completely (and i might play test this with people who are working on improvements, actually.)

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

There's one for the PC version actually.

Oh, i didn't know the PC version was ready. I thought only the PC version of Zero was done so far.

Ah, the whole "tries to write but keeps being distracted or gets cold feet" feeling is back...

Not a good thing to happen when, well, wanting to write something.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

But i think the other problem is how long it takes to unlock the higher tiers of Affinity Charts (unless you have the DLC which gives you access to the very good Love Source), which results in having to stack Blades more.

Well, theres always buying 10 of an item that's cheap and using it, over... and over. 

On 3/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, DragonFlames said:

The way she is "stuck" to that dragon body brings to mind Nights of Azure 2's final boss' final form as well.

Speaking of characters stuck to something else, that reminds me of one instance in FF8 where Rinoa is "junctioned" to Adel (who, despite being called a "Sorceress", looks rather masculine).

Yo, Falcom Knight, how come your profile has commentary of Reinhardt' map under the FE10 tier list spoiler instead of a tier list?

10 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Is the other version for PSP?

And if so, how to patch it?

(meaning hard copy, not PSP emulator)

Based on when I played the leaked Zero tl, you'll either need to dump the iso and patch it, or there's a prepatched iso floating out there.

Either way, playing it would need CFW.

12 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Based on when I played the leaked Zero tl, you'll either need to dump the iso and patch it, or there's a prepatched iso floating out there.

Either way, playing it would need CFW.

Needed to research what CFW is.

Looked up: So I need to connect my PSP to a PC to transfer downloaded programs (including translation) to the PSP to make it possible to patch?

PS: I have no single clue of patching for consoles.

46 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Needed to research what CFW is.

Looked up: So I need to connect my PSP to a PC to transfer downloaded programs (including translation) to the PSP to make it possible to patch?

PS: I have no single clue of patching for consoles.

CFW = custom firmware. It's a PSP mod that lets you run "unauthorized" software, including homebrew.

It's pretty easy to setup - I think it's just a matter of downloading the installer and running it on your PSP.

Alternatively, I think these days it's possible to convert an iso into a signed eboot to run without CFW.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Haha yes, Rex/Nia is the more popular ship. And even though it ended up being a friendzone, i do like how there's post-battle dialouge where that is brought up. So the friendzone isn't just treated as a "haha", the fact that it happened is actually acknoweldged and shows that Rex isn't just being dense.

Btw, when refering to Blade Nia outside of spoiler discussion, she is refered to as "Catalyst". It's common for Xenoblade fans to refer to spoiler characters by a code.

Speaking of Nia, she does preform better as Driver than a Blade, even if as a Blade, she's very good. But since you don't have Pyra/Mythra at the moment, it's in your best interest to keep Nia as a Blade.

I wasn't aware that Rex/Nia is a popular ship. I can see why, though.

Good to know there is a codeword, though, because putting spoilers whenever I want to talk about Blade Nia is a bit of a hassle. XD

14 hours ago, Shrimperor said:
Umu umu. Classic Trails was always my jam. I am super hyped for Ao now lol. But gotta take a few days rest and finish Lulua first

Have fun!

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, the whole "tries to write but keeps being distracted or gets cold feet" feeling is back...

Not a good thing to happen when, well, wanting to write something.

Relatable. I'm having the same problem right now. Tried to sit down and write the entire day today. Now it's nearly 6 p.m. and I came up with nothing.
It's f***ing frustrating.

43 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Yeah, I google'd what CFW means.

I know what to do on paper, but I have no idea if it will work out.

The trouble already begins that my PSP can't get into my WLAN.

I don't think you need WiFi to install cfw. You can just connect it to your PC and copy the necessary files that way.

"It is truly a shame. For as valiantly as you fought, all you will be in a moment is but an insignificant footnote in the pages of history. Just like the kingdom you lived to protect."
- What the villain of my novel says to the protagonist before he kills her at the end of the first chapter

She gets better... 400 years later, that is.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Relatable. I'm having the same problem right now. Tried to sit down and write the entire day today. Now it's nearly 6 p.m. and I came up with nothing.
It's f***ing frustrating.

Oh yeah. I ended up awake past midnight because I was so close to finish what I was writing, I just had to end it right there and then.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah. I ended up awake past midnight because I was so close to finish what I was writing, I just had to end it right there and then.

Hope you could get it to a satisfying conclusion!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Hope you could get it to a satisfying conclusion!

Well, I felt that I did. It's over there in the writing contest thread, if you're interested. I finally decided to join in for once, and truly mean it, heh.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I felt that I did. It's over there in the writing contest thread, if you're interested. I finally decided to join in for once, and truly mean it, heh.

I read through it and I really liked it, too!
When can we expect the sequel?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I read through it and I really liked it, too!
When can we expect the sequel?

Well, it's meant to be a one-shot. I might make it a sequel, eventually. Though for now I have other stuff to write about first.