The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

I just recently learn Yggdra Union got a mobile port just last year (or however long it has been there)... Japan only so far.

Like, what? That game looked interesting, though if so far my best chance to get it is playing it in Japanese... well, I actually might, maybe.

Pues mire usted.

Y ya picados, pues me quedo yo también. Buen día. Esto fue El Notipico.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nice. I'll check it out next time i hop on the game.

Hopefully you'll find it worth your time!

3 hours ago, Caster said:

@DragonFlames
Oh right, thanks to @Falcom Knight I have Atelier Sophie now.
So if you wanted to give any advice I would be fine with it, for when I continue. (I didn't play much, just wanted to test it out, while I had time.

Atelier Sophie is a very beginner friendly game, so almost any advice I could give falls into Captain Obvious territory.
There are some things to watch out for, though. Nothing too game-changing and none of it is absolutely needed to beat the game, but it's worth noting nonetheless, since this is all stuff that either tripped me over or I straight up missed on my first playthrough. This is for @Armagon and @Falcom Knight , too (and I apologize for not writing this out for you two earlier).

• The game doesn't really have a time limit system like some other Atelier games, however, there is a five-day cycle and different times of day that do affect things. Shops won't be open during nighttime (except the Café). On the weekends (the fourth and fifth day every week), there are character events in the mornings that you might miss out on if you don't regularly visit the church in town during the early morning
  • Let me reiterate: visit the church in the morning every weekend. This is very easy to miss.
  • On that note: Morning is the time between 5 a.m. to 10 a.m., I believe. I know for sure Morning starts at 5, but I'm not too certain when it ends. Just go to the church as early in the day as you can to make sure.
  • Also, there is a character that only ever appears on the weekends, so that might be something to watch out for.
  • Character events for the playable characters will sometimes teach that character a new skill to use in battle or a new passive ability. They happen fairly regularly, so going into town every chance you get and talking to everyone there is advised (also to get some very useful shops to open up quickly).
  • One good way to tell if there is a new character event for you to view is if you find a character outside of their usual location in town
  • Day and Night also influence what kind of enemies you can battle in the different gathering areas. And sometimes, you need to visit certain locations during certain times of day to unlock new Alchemy Recipes
  • If you return home during nighttime, the clock will automatically advance to the first morning hour of the next day
  • Purchasing certain rumors at the Café can affect which items and enemies appear in the different gathering areas. These last a limited amount of time and it's not too important (as in, it doesn't matter if your only aim is to progress the story).
  • The other part that does have a time limit attached to it is the type of quest that asks you to kill certain types of monsters. The time limit on these is very generous, though, usually around 20 to 30 days. Again, not that it really matters if you want to progress the story, but something worth watching out for if you want to complete these requests. My advice would be to skip out on these unless you know with 100% certainty where the enemy that you need to kill is, when they appear, AND you have the area they appear in unlocked already (this is where the game can be rather trollish, because sometimes, it will ask you to kill an enemy that appears in an area that you haven't unlocked yet).
  • One more neat thing: the battle theme for regular battles will change depending on how strong the enemy is in comparison to you. This is a good way to tell if you should be fighting or running away.
  • And if you have trouble with alchemy, Sophie will give you an audio cue to let you know if you're doing well or not. Though the alchemy system in this game is neither hard to understand nor is it very complicated. It is deeper than it appears to be at first, however. Learning how to use it to its fullest is really fun.
Edited by DragonFlames

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

One good way to tell if there is a new character event for you to view is if you find a character outside of their usual location in town

Yeah, i wish the game didn't have me running around the entire town to see if there is an event or not. A character being in a different location can mean something but it may not at the same time. In games before and after Sophie*, the indicators for town events would be there instead of just guessing.

*I say in games after Sophie but i have no idea if Firis and L&S do that.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, thanks to the whole corona isolation/social distancing thing i am starting to lose the feel for time. It's annoying <.<

I know that feeling. I have to look at my calendar frequently or else I'll ask myself "What day is it again?" XP
Just earlier, I was like "wow, is it really the 26th already?!?".

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i wish the game didn't have me running around the entire town to see if there is an event or not. A character being in a different location can mean something but it may not at the same time. In games before and after Sophie*, the indicators for town events would be there instead of just guessing.

That's true. It's a bit of a pet-peeve with Sophie in particular, but it doesn't really take away from my enjoyment of it.
The way I do it, I tend to dedicate a day or two to exploring the town, seeing all the events and doing synthesis, while the rest of the week is used for gathering stuff and exploration.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*I say in games after Sophie but i have no idea if Firis and L&S do that.

Me either, actually, as I haven't played them.
Yet.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I know that feeling. I have to look at my calendar frequently or else I'll ask myself "What day is it again?" XP
Just earlier, I was like "wow, is it really the 26th already?!?".

it's not just that, it's also hours and stuff. Like it's almost 3 am atm, but might as well be 3pm because there's no difference.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's not just that, it's also hours and stuff. Like it's almost 3 am atm, but might as well be 3pm because there's no difference.

The only difference is the amount of sunlight outside.
The weather has an incredibly strange sense of humor.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The only difference is the amount of sunlight outside.

pretty much. Otherwise it's Pc or bed <.<

can we return to normalcy soon please. I am going crazy

Just now, Shrimperor said:

tbf, not much changed for me.
Except the part where I have to greatly reduce how much I eat in order to avoid going grocery shopping too much. Don't want to get infected by the mandatory shopping carts, after all.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Don't want to get infected by the mandatory shopping carts, after all.

i take my own bag with me (and put everything there while shopping, so no cart needed) and usually go shopping every 4/5 days now

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i take my own bag with me (and put everything there while shopping, so no cart needed) and usually go shopping every 4/5 days now

I used to take my own basket, too, until our local government was like "Nope! Everybody needs to use a shopping cart now, so we can count the amount of people who are in a shop and to make sure they keep their distance from one another!"
Best part is, no store is obligated to disinfect them (or their wares, for that matter), which means in a worst case scenario, this will only hasten the rate of infections.
I wrote to them about it the other day and got what I would describe as a total non-answer (basically what I wrote in quotation up there), so... yeah.

Edited by DragonFlames

ET94uchUEAE9anS?format=jpg&name=900x900

I used to take my own basket, too, until our local government was like "Nope! Everybody needs to use a shopping cart now, so we can count the amount of people who are in a shop and to make sure they keep their distance from one another!"
Best part is, no store is obligated to disinfect them (or their wares, for that matter), which means in a worst case scenario, this will only hasten the rate of infections.
I wrote to them about it the other day and got what I would describe as a total non-answer (basically what I wrote in quotation up there), so... yeah

Wtf? Seriously? <.<

Isn't there another way to count the people lol

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ngl, I'm kinda liking society just being put on pause for a while. I know shit's getting bad in some places but idk, it's nice just being able to take a breath.

But then again, I usually never liked leaving the house anyways because of how scorching hot Florida can get.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

ET94uchUEAE9anS?format=jpg&name=900x900

Accuracy level = way too high. XD

Wtf? Seriously? <.<

Isn't there another way to count the people lol

"Getting people infected is an acceptable risk as long as we can prevent more people getting infected." - someone in my local government, probably

Just now, Armagon said:

Ngl, I'm kinda liking society just being put on pause for a while. I know shit's getting bad in some places but idk, it's nice just being able to take a breath.

But then again, I usually never liked leaving the house anyways because of how scorching hot Florida can get.

This might sound odd, but it's good for the environment, too. Whenever I open my window, the air feels much more fresh than it usually did. And there are way less planes up in the air, too, so there aren't these weird white trails that block the sky when it's clear, which I really like.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Whie i agree with this, i would've liked to take a breath outside, with friends people and stuff xD

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This might sound odd, but it's good for the environment, too.

Mmmhmm. Have you seen the pictures of Venice and how clean it looks right now?

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Whie i agree with this, i would've liked to take a breath outside, with friends people and stuff xD

I can understand that. I wanted to get together with my friends to go to Epcot but then the pandemic caused Disney World to close.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mmmhmm. Have you seen the pictures of Venice and how clean it looks right now?

Can't say I have, no. But I can imagine how that city must look right now, as all it is is a tourist attraction these days.

Oh well, time to Atelier until whenever i feel tired enough to sleep xD

That sounds like a great plan! I think I'll do the same.

Time returns to its cyclical nature, to how humanity perceived it for most of its history. It was only in the 1700s and 1800s that time as we know it became seen as a thing you could "waste" and tried to structure and divide down to the minute. 

I've been reading some of my favorite history book again from college *sigh* I need to do more reading, even if I don't know whats the best in the various historical fields. Honestly, the number of new video games I want at the moment is very low, so maybe I should, for once, consider buying a few tomes, or, a good library card- not that I can use it during this lockdown. I want read something comprehensive on Tang China, I don't know about this era which modern Chinese academia considers its favorite. Southeast Asia would be interesting too, and maybe Brazil, or some environmental histories.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This might sound odd, but it's good for the environment, too. Whenever I open my window, the air feels much more fresh than it usually did.

The Airparif report said that just two days after the self-confinement began, it registered "a 20 to 30 percent improvement in air quality in the Paris metropolis, after nitrogen oxide emissions dropped by more than 60 percent."

I finally started a bit of a third EOV run, even if I wasn't exactly in the mood today. I spent a good hour being very picky about what my new team looked liked. Should I have cared so much about tiny slivers of eye color? No, but it was fun.

That sounds like a great plan! I think I'll do the same.

''4 am Alchemy in the times of Corona''

Sounds like a book title future generations could read xD

So i did the big brain play. There isn't a Star Ocean: First Departure R demo. But. There is another, older version of that game on PSP (First Departure R is basically the second remaster of the game). So i decided that i would emulate that to get a feel for the gameplay.

......gameplay is basically Tales, as i feared. Unlike in most Tales games, you get to move around in 3D space for free but just like in most Tales, the moment you start attacking an enemy, you get locked into a 2D plane, where you're only movement options are forward and back, unless you change targets but then you're now on a different 2D plane, which is exactly what my main problems with Tales' gameplay are. You can freely switch between controlled party members mid-combat, which is nice but in the end, just like in Tales, it doesn't seem like i'd be able to enjoy this game's gameplay.

TFW i finally find another sci-fi JRPG but the gameplay will likely hold me back from enjoying it

59f.gif

Edited by Armagon

Knew it, like early 3D Tales. Or still is?

Ah, so it was First Departure. So the remake got a HD remaster, huh. Too bad it's just for PS4 and Switch. Like, really, there's a Star Ocean game already on Steam, would it kill to put more in there too?

It's alright. Star Ocean isn't that sci-fi. Like, I remember from Till the End of Time where most of the game happens in two different typical medieval fantasy planets with the true sci-fi stuff in-between. So it's like... yep.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

'4 am Alchemy in the times of Atelier CoRorona''

A low-hanging fruit I had to swipe for eventually. 100% certain someone else already took it, ate it, digested it, the seeds inside the fruit germinated in the manure, and is now a healthy sapling. But I'm the first to bite it here!

-I do not mean to make light of the pandemic.

Though, a company wanting to spread cheer when this is all over by making a video game, could be tasteful by me. One where a young lady sneezes at the workplace and an evil doppelganger composed entirely of virus emerges, which she must defeat not with a sword or explody magic, but by creating the ultimate pharmaceutical. If she does not, the world will be ruined by her nasal excretions. Atelier? No, this is Apotecaire *Insert name here*!

I've played a bit of Shovel Knight: King of Cards. I was not expecting it to have an actual card game, and it's mandatory? Mayhaps these "cheats" will let me cheese them if thou must. I needed 3-4 tries to best Black Knight, no cheats used or cards bought. The platforming is in shorter levels, but it still is good, even if Specter Knight has been my favorite to play as.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Knew it, like early 3D Tales. Or still is?

Early 3D Tales it seems.

Although Star Ocean 3 from what i hear is a proper 3D ARPG. I might check it out but it's also on PS2, which means i'll have to emualate it. And results....may vary.

Just now, Armagon said:

Early 3D Tales it seems.

Although Star Ocean 3 from what i hear is a proper 3D ARPG. I might check it out but it's also on PS2, which means i'll have to emualate it. And results....may vary.

No, I'm pretty sure it's the same. You can free roam; but you're locked on a line while attacking.

On the other hand, it has this:

The only thing that made bearable beating the Sphere bosses.