The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Interesting.

Reveal hidden contents

And sorry, I didn't watch the trailer (I mostly don't for games nowadays), but is Melia's staff new? Monado colors scream "the mass-production Monado idea we scrapped is back, at least for best Bird Lady". 

Killing Zanza in itself not wiping out the Telethia is entirely plausible to me. They were intended to be his servants, but the way they mutate into being, even if he triggered it, is something that seems possible purely naturally if a pure High Entia spent a few hours in an Ether mist so thick you could eat it like poundcake.

How much you wanna wager on a battle in this new narrative where it's Shulk, Melia, and Pyrex for a reciprocal with the LoC fanservice moment?

Spoiler

Yeah, Melia's staff is definitely new. The fact that it's got Monado elements is very interesting to me. I would assume that the Monado wouldn't be needed in the new world but they probably figured that it's just too good of a weapon and they figured how to apply it to stuff besides swords.

Actually it......kinda looks like a Blade weapon of the Megalance kind. I don't think it is but that's an observation.

Also yeah, while I doubt Rex and friends will actually show up, I get the feeling they might be there in some form. Maybe Alvis will have something to do with it. Who knows.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloading the Bravely Default II demo right now. My hype levels are rising.

Don't have the money for Mary Skelter right now, though. I'll need to get a Nintendo eshop card first.
Sad.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nah, not my cup of tea, that genre, but the ost i listened to, and it's amazing. gimme a bit i will post some here later

I see. I love these Etrian Odyssey-style dungeon crawlers, which Mary Skelter seems to be, so I'll definitely get that one once I go out for grocery shopping next

By the by, for anyone looking for a dungeon crawler to play right now, I can recommend Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk.

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

Damn, I was too late...

For what, if I may ask?

(Regarding Falcom Knight's avatar) Where did that avatar come from?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Since I don't, emulation is my only option.

I see. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Basically, there's a new epilouge story called Future Connected, and it seems the stars of it are Shulk and Melia

EUCuYToWsAE-G9v?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The trailer dives a little bit into it. I'm assuming that just like Torna, Future Connections will be accessible seperately. But i don't know if it's unlocked after beating the game or if it's there from the start. I'm assuming the former, it just makes sense.

I wonder who the two Nopon near Shulk are...

Edited by Shadow Mir

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And there it is. Quest tracking. Finally, quests can be done without having to look at the Wiki.

The map still looks so dull, not that I am opposed to utilitarianism, I've merely gotten used to XC2's more colorful one.

Actually Armagon, is it possible...

Spoiler

...the Nopon seen here are Pyrex in disguise?

The purple-blue vest on the male Nopon, with a backpack which brings to mind Rex wearing his salvager helmet on his back. Next to a female Nopon with red ribbons, and a round plate of armor upfront to conceal the Aegis Core?

Nobody expected the Nopon to be drug lords, is it expected nobody expects Noponification for a secret way of showing up?

But, I could be reading waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into things.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The map still looks so dull, not that I am opposed to utilitarianism, I've merely gotten used to XC2's more colorful one.

Same. Although there's something i have noticed, rewatching footage. There doesn't seem to be any of the little collection dots that were present in 1 and X. So it seems that this game might have the same collection points that the Alrest games had. If true, i'll take it.

Edit, regarding the other thing you said

Spoiler

I think you're looking to deep into it. If Rex and Pyra were turned into Nopon, it'd need a lot of explanation.

Edited by Armagon

So quest tracking is something else that was on my wishlist. My wishlist also had an Event Theater, less restrictive level penalties, bonus experience, and voiced Heart-to-Hearts... though it seems that most of the dialogue is reused from the original, and we don't know if any main characters aside from Shulk and Melia will be in Future Connected, so I'm not sure about the last one.

38 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I made it easier to guess.

I actually meant "what website did you find it". Sorry for not clarifying.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edit, regarding the other thing you said

Well...

Spoiler

Does it really? If Alvis wanted to bring them over for some reason, why not try that for some unexplained reasons of subtlety?

The Nopon Sage is canon, and if it has access to the same level of powers as the Divine N*popon of XCX (which share the same listed age of 9999), then it could in theory transform effortlessly between Nopon and strong monster. And if the Sage could do that, then why can't the Ontos whose power preserves this pocket dimension do the same on others?

Though, I'm talking Nopon, and why would very serious plot stuff involve their ridiculousness? It never does, well, not never (hi Rosa and Poppi!), but 95% of the time. However, I've seen serious plots where bizarre disguises exist, like hiding the very masculine and hideous male villain in the disguise of a perky Japanese schoolgirl. The form is only a means to a serious end.

But yes, in all likelihood, the Nopon are merely in that image for decoration. And I'm merely letting my mind run wild with speculative fun.

Though, artwork of important XC1/X/2/T characters as if they became Nopon would be an amusing sight to see. But please no doing the reverse having of art turning Riki, Tora, and Tatsu into humans, or Riki into a High Entia to sympathize with Melia.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

EUDOMUYX0AAaRHh?format=png&name=small

EUDC_FKXkAEP_vq?format=jpg&name=small

EUDWSTlXgAEB_8X?format=jpg&name=small

One can have faith even if it turns out Nintendo is the Ethos. 2 1st party characters and 3 3rd party doesn't sound like a bad balance for a Fighter Pass.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2 1st party characters and 3 3rd party doesn't sound like a bad balance for a Fighter Pass.

Since the second Fighters Pass is actually six characters instead of five, we can have 3 1st parties and 3 third parties for true balance.

4 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Who or what is Arms?

When I read it, I was thinking on the word and saw no connection to Smash.

ARMS is a fighting game released in 2017. It was meant to be Nintendo's next Splatoon but it didn't get anywhere near taking off as Splatoon did.

4 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I checked it out - seriously I never ever heared or saw of it.

Nintendo was promoting the shit out of Arms in the early days of the Switch. IIRC they even had free betas for it before the proper release.