The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd wager people could finish university a lot faster over here if we had that, too.

I doubt it. Our Semesters are already fully packed to begin with. More semesters will lead to less content per Semester.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Over here, the expected time for the bachelor is supposed to be three years as well, but not many people can do it in those three years.

i did my Bachelor in 3.5. I finished everything except Thesis and Internship in 2.5 years, but those 2 took longer than expected

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh no, the classrooms in my college at least are air conditioned. The less pleasant part came from having to take two-hour bus rides to and from the campus. Which sometimes meant waiting out in the sun for like 15-20 minutes.

BIG OOF
I'm going by bus, too, but that usually only takes around 30 minutes tops. Still, in the summer, those 30 minutes can be... something.

Btw, since i go to a community college, there aren't any of those big lecture rooms that are usually associated with universities.

So you're never going to have to experience sitting in a single room with around 300 other people in it during the heat of summer. That stuff is just the worst.
Though admittedly, the big crowd by itself is enough for me. But add that on top of heat? Oof.
And then again, that was only for the beginner semesters. More advanced semesters don't usually have more than 50 people in attendance of such lectures. I already told the story of the record-breaking total of 5 people in one such lecture room last winter, and that included the professor.

That said, simply out of convinence, most of my classes are online (so the classes right now being switched online due to COVID-19 is basically just buisness as usual for me) so i would still do my studies from the comfort of my own home. Though every semester, i have a least one class that i have to attend physically (and all of them were related to art or digital design, except the Humanities class i'm currently taking, because all the online classes for that were full). My math class last semester also required me to take the tests in a testing center.

It's practically the opposite for me. Every semester, there is a class that is held exclusively online, while everything else I have to physically attend. Having everything be online is going to be quite interesting.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I doubt it. Our Semesters are already fully packed to begin with. More semesters will lead to less content per Semester.

True, though that might depend on which course you are taking. I know law studies have a ton of stuff going on each semester, while literary studies are more lax on that front.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

So you're never going to have to experience sitting in a single room with around 300 other people in it during the heat of summer. That stuff is just the worst.

I mean, i'm doing a Direct Transfer program to UCF (because i wasn't getting into UCF with my high school grades lmao) so i'm probably gonna experience that eventually.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, i'm doing a Direct Transfer program to UCF (because i wasn't getting into UCF with my high school grades lmao) so i'm probably gonna experience that eventually.

I hope that you luck out and don't ever experience it.

---

I was in the mood to play something special today
X2Gif2o.jpg
TOACNs3.jpg
*chuckles* I'm in danger.

Starting with a community college saves money too.💵

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If you had picked the right school, you could've dodged that- I guess. A nearby private university meant no lecture halls at all for me. 20-30 students per class at most, and lots of good discussions in non-general classes within my major, I thrived on that. Some classrooms, the ones not the most intended to be classrooms, had faux-leather wheeled chairs for extra comfort.

My Master's degree was even more enjoyable, and my African History prof even called me "Professor" b/c he thought me that smart. I waste the potential my educators saw in me in my current lackadaisical state, when the lockdown lifts, I must find something to put my wisdom to.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*chuckles* I'm in danger.

Please! It's only the first of the sixteen, it looks intimidating for anyone, but it's easy. I forget which one was most annoying, that all boils down to Time Attack AI regarding how often they expose themselves to being climbed and stabbed- the frog-like one was terrible for me.

My favorite is the gorilla inside a building where you hide, wait for the head to lower to look for you, and then you leap onto its beard.

48 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

hope that you luck out and don't ever experience it.

Well I'll still be taking mostly online classes even when I get to UCF so I don't think I'll be in those big lecture rooms for too long.

>Plays TMS

>Unlocks Yashiro's final side story

>Fights Lon'qu

>Loses horribly

Why is Lon'qu so strong? He does Tarunda and then hits you with 10 million damage (number greatly exaggerated). I can't debuff him either because he'll just reapply it and also he gets three actions per turn. Atlus why.

Guess I'll just grind in the final area for now.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

iJ9ZS1k.gif

I really love how this gif shows the beautiful scale of Xenoblade 1's world.

Thos are some thicc thighs that titan has.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Please! It's only the first of the sixteen, it looks intimidating for anyone, but it's easy. I forget which one was most annoying, that all boils down to Time Attack AI regarding how often they expose themselves to being climbed and stabbed- the frog-like one was terrible for me.

My favorite is the gorilla inside a building where you hide, wait for the head to lower to look for you, and then you leap onto its beard.

When it comes to favorite colossi, mine has to be the sandworm that chases you around while you're on horseback and you have to shoot an arrow into its eye to make it crash into a wall so you can kill it. That battle might even be one of my absolute favorite boss fights in general. 

The most annoying are definitely the two smaller ones, though the second one (number 14 in total, I believe) has at least a good puzzle going for it.

The worst part about Shadow of the Colossus is that I can only fight two of them in a row before I'm just beat. Those fights can get really stressful sometimes.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

>Plays TMS

>Fights Lon'qu

>Loses horribly

Why is Lon'qu so strong? He does Tarunda and then hits you with 10 million damage (number greatly exaggerated). I can't debuff him either because he'll just reapply it and also he gets three actions per turn. Atlus why.

I haven't played TMS, but if it's anything like SMT or Persona, you can try and buff your defenses with Rakukaja or (if these skills even exist to begin with) put up Tetrakarn and/or Makarakarn, since those reflect damage right back at enemies. I think Tetrakarn was for physical attacks and Makarakarn was for magic, but I'm not too sure.
Or you could try cancelling the debuffs with Dekunda and his buffs with Dekaja, if available.
Again, haven't played TMS, so I don't know if these skills even exist in that game, but if they do, they might come in handy for you.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well I'll still be taking mostly online classes even when I get to UCF so I don't think I'll be in those big lecture rooms for too long.

>Plays TMS

>Fights Lon'qu

>Loses horribly

Counter on Yashiro is useful for sometimes wasting Lon'qu's actions. There is an increased likelihood of Yashiro being targeted when he is in Counter stance.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I think Tetrakarn was for physical attacks and Makarakarn was for magic, but I'm not too sure.

Correct. And it looks like Touma and Mamori have Tetrakarn access, 80 EP a use, but it's there. And the weaker Tetraguard (why doesn't this exist in other games?) costs 50 EP.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The worst part about Shadow of the Colossus is that I can only fight two of them in a row before I'm just beat. Those fights can get really stressful sometimes.

Same, I took it slow, my pores can only absorb so much of the artsy-action goodness of SotC.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

When it comes to favorite colossi, mine has to be the sandworm that chases you around while you're on horseback and you have to shoot an arrow into its eye to make it crash into a wall so you can kill it. That battle might even be one of my absolute favorite boss fights in general.

Good choice, effectively uses your lone companion, and the chase is thrilling. When the eyes rise from the sand, how menacing they are, but that simultaneously your time to strike.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The most annoying are definitely the two smaller ones, though the second one (number 14 in total, I believe) has at least a good puzzle going for it.

The scare-with-a-torch one stunlocked me with its ramming I think. Ram after ram, and I could rarely stand up for long.

The "ramming ruins into further ruin until the Colossus gets crushed" was fun concept, you could easily envision it in action movie.

And, I can't find a video, but I recall seeing someone, during the 16th Colossus, run over the open field of death, dodging every energy bullet, and thus sneak under its skirt in under half a minute. No hopping from underground trench to trench as you're supposed to.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I really love how this gif shows the beautiful scale of Xenoblade 1's world.

I appreciate the HD update on Bionis and Mechonis, if you spent too long looking at their old models, it dawned on you after the majesty wore off that they weren't very detailed. Not that they needed to be since you were only supposed to see them in brief instances.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct. And it looks like Touma and Mamori have Tetrakarn access, 80 EP a use, but it's there. And the weaker Tetraguard (why doesn't this exist in other games?) costs 50 EP.

So they do exist in the game, that's good!
I remember these skills being very costly in SMTIV and Persona 5, as well.

Same, I took it slow, my pores can only absorb so much of the artsy-action goodness of SotC.

Indeed!

Good choice, effectively uses your lone companion, and the chase is thrilling. When the eyes rise from the sand, how menacing they are, but that simultaneously your time to strike.

Yup, that's exactly what I love so much about it.
And of course the music. Can't forget about the music. I find it interesting how the sandworm is the only one besides the final boss to have a theme unique to it.
EDIT: Wait no, that's not true. Colossus 15 has its own theme, too.

The scare-with-a-torch one stunlocked me with its ramming I think. Ram after ram, and I could rarely stand up for long.

That part happened to me more than I would have liked, too. The second one you have to lure around the ruins is even worse about this.
I guess they did it to emphasize that you really should not be approaching them directly.

The "ramming ruins into further ruin until the Colossus gets crushed" was fun concept, you could easily envision it in action movie.

Most definitely. This is why, even though they're both pretty annoying due to the stunlock-ram they both have, I vastly prefer this one over the "I am scared of fire yet I live in a temple with lots of torches!" Darwin Award candidate colossus.

And, I can't find a video, but I recall seeing someone, during the 16th Colossus, run over the open field of death, dodging every energy bullet, and thus sneak under its skirt in under half a minute. No hopping from underground trench to trench as you're supposed to.

I saw that one, as well. Try as I might, I am unable to replicate it. It just ends with me getting either shot to death, or thrown into one of the trenches anyway (sometimes both at once, hilariously enough).

Edited by DragonFlames

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There is one SMT where Tetra/Makakarn are very cheap- Soul Hackers. There, they cost only 6 MP per use. Since this is pre-Press Turn, you need them on fast demon to cast the spell before the enemy acts. But if you do get them on someone fast, barring Almighty and ailments, you're basically invincible to half of all attacks for one turn. It nullifies any challenge from the final boss if you picked to make them physical over magical.

On Shadow of the Colossus, I wish later releases had done more and added some of the canceled Colossi. The game was supposed to have 48, but then it became 24, and later, 16.

I get quality over quantity, but why couldn't they have added more in the ports when their creative juices had recovered?

If you haven't seen pictures of the canceled 8 Colossi, here:

Spoiler

193?cb=20120719033340&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20190926052505&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20120719163143&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20190926052907&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20190926052250&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20190926060807&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20120719182702&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20190926062312&path-prefix=teamic

Their names are: Devil, Griffin, Monkey, Phoenix (it was to be on-fire and you had to dip it in water), Roc, Sirius, Spider, and Worm.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Counter on Yashiro is useful for sometimes wasting Lon'qu's actions. There is an increased likelihood of Yashiro being targeted when he is in Counter stance.

Oh yes, Counter is very good. And the Wind Special Preformance he has, i forget it's name, but it also applies Counter, making it one of the best Special Preformances in the game.

54 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So they do exist in the game, that's good!

I'm pretty sure most of the Skills are just taken directly from SMT/Persona. And in addition to the four elements, there's also dark and "almighty", which i'm guessing are SMT terms (dark probably has an actual name, i just forgot).

In the context of TMS, dark and almighty skills are pretty useless because they can't link into Sessions. Almighty is only useful for breaking through Makakarn barriers, but enemies rarely put those up.

Edited by Armagon

Cleared Pharos Beacon and got Torneko back, as well as acquiring a ship. I'd say, I like the music for tower dungeons.

Made it to Mintos and now Borya's back too. Next destination will be Parthenia, though that will be for another day. I kinda like that the Zamoksva trio aren't joining back all together.

Ugh... first night was as expected after time change, horrible.

Been awake since 2 AM or something.

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It is generally this, yeah. Along with taking tests and doing a bunch of reading to prepare for those tests.

So basically self-study like distance learning.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Most online classes give you the lectures in the form of a PowerPoint. After that, your assignments usually consist of weekly quizzes that you have to complete. Classes like math also have you do learning activites that must also be completed before the due date (but never take math online, that is a major mistake).

Even now, that hasn't changed. Only my Art History 2 class is kinda different since we now have to submit our assignments online rather than handing them over in paper.

It sounds basically like the rework after my lectures.

Funnily math is the subject I can better teach myself.

Well, took this chance before heading to sleep to do the entire Parthenia portion of the game. Which wasn't long, as the Imperial Pantry isn't that big of a dungeon.

I'd say, so far the chapter's been on the easy side. Overworld encounters are still somewhat scarce; and being up to date with equipment has been no problem either. Of course, I did end Torneko's chapter with a few stuff to later sell on Chapter 5; but still... As well, just fighting whatever shows up on my path keeps my levels fine. Don't mind it much it's currently that way, though I do wonder if the difficulty will pick up.

Well anyway, will return to Mintos some other day.

5lO4vrF.jpg
Horse vs. horse. One is a regular horse, one is every Fire Emblem elitist's wet dream a giant rock (?) monster.

And to give you an idea of how tall that thing really is, here's a shot of the player character on that giant creature's back:
XKY0VIN.jpg
"Hello there!"

---

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is one SMT where Tetra/Makakarn are very cheap- Soul Hackers. There, they cost only 6 MP per use. Since this is pre-Press Turn, you need them on fast demon to cast the spell before the enemy acts. But if you do get them on someone fast, barring Almighty and ailments, you're basically invincible to half of all attacks for one turn. It nullifies any challenge from the final boss if you picked to make them physical over magical.

Oh wow. I'm usually abstaining from using them because they cost so much MP. And even then, I feel it's well worth using them against certain bosses.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On Shadow of the Colossus, I wish later releases had done more and added some of the canceled Colossi. The game was supposed to have 48, but then it became 24, and later, 16.

I get quality over quantity, but why couldn't they have added more in the ports when their creative juices had recovered?

If you haven't seen pictures of the canceled 8 Colossi, here:

Reveal hidden contents

193?cb=20120719033340&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20190926052505&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20120719163143&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20190926052907&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20190926052250&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20190926060807&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20120719182702&path-prefix=teamic193?cb=20190926062312&path-prefix=teamic

Their names are: Devil, Griffin, Monkey, Phoenix (it was to be on-fire and you had to dip it in water), Roc, Sirius, Spider, and Worm.

Yeah, that's a bit of a shame, it's true. I would have loved to see some of them in action.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm pretty sure most of the Skills are just taken directly from SMT/Persona. And in addition to the four elements, there's also dark and "almighty", which i'm guessing are SMT terms (dark probably has an actual name, i just forgot).

In the context of TMS, dark and almighty skills are pretty useless because they can't link into Sessions. Almighty is only useful for breaking through Makakarn barriers, but enemies rarely put those up.

Ah, yes, good old Almighty... PTSD flashbacks to Megidolaon spam intensify.
In SMT, Almighty is... well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's an element that always does normal damage except against some very few bosses that resist it. It also goes through any barriers an enemy might have put up, though the reverse is true, as well. If a boss starts spamming Almighty attacks, chances are you'll die in a matter of seconds. In SMTIV, bosses usually start spamming Megidolaon the moment you block their main method of attacking you. And then there's bosses that just use Almighty attacks whenever they feel like it.
Many a demon died to Lucifer's Morning Star...

As for Dark, in SMT, Dark and Light are usually insta-kill spells that either, well, instantly kill an enemy or do exactly nothing, though there are a few games were regular damaging skills of those elements exist, for example SMTIV: Apocalypse and Persona 5. The latter has both, while in the former, the spells that are usually insta-kills have been changed to doing regular damage. 

5 hours ago, Reisalin Stout said:

So basically self-study like distance learning.

Yes.