The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Just now, Bastionb56 said:

Wait, so they are called Märchen? (As a german this sounds so weird for an enemy name xd)

Yup, that they are. It's written "Marchen" in the English text, but the Japanese dub pronounces it fairly closely to Märchen.
Greetings from a fellow countryman!

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Bastionb56 said:

Also, about Alice in Wonderland, you did see this on the Screenshot right? 

Yeah, in addition to the other names.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

One note about the protagonists, Jack and Alice, while we're at it: You see the world through Jack's eyes, but it is very much Alice' story. So far, at the very least.
Though it is significant that you don't get to see Jack like you do the other characters. Whenever he speaks, his face just shows up in the corner.
This gets lampshaded to hell, of course. It's still Compile Heart after all:

It ain't a Compile Heart game if the male characters aren't reduced to side portraits haha.

This isn't entierly true but shhhhh.

Just now, Armagon said:

It ain't a Compile Heart game if the male characters aren't reduced to side portraits haha.

This isn't entierly true but shhhhh.

So, so true. XD
Though every named male character besides Jack has their own proper portrait in this game.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup, that they are. It's written "Marchen" in the English text, but the Japanese dub pronounces it fairly closely to Märchen.

Makes sense, it kinda reminds me how in Attack on Titan Erens last name is often said to be Jager, although the correct way to spell it is Jäger. Also I have found that german and japanese share quite a few things in the way of pronouncing certain syllables, making the words from the other language easier to pronounce.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Greetings from a fellow countryman!

I did not expect this, but it doesn't surprise me either, Grüß gott ^^

1 hour ago, Bastionb56 said:

Makes sense, it kinda reminds me how in Attack on Titan Erens last name is often said to be Jager, although the correct way to spell it is Jäger. Also I have found that german and japanese share quite a few things in the way of pronouncing certain syllables, making the words from the other language easier to pronounce.

That's interesting, I was not aware, I admit.

1 hour ago, Bastionb56 said:

I did not expect this, but it doesn't surprise me either, Grüß gott ^^

Moin!

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

If you drop a blue hat into the red sea, what does it get?

Wet!

I made the post final boss stuff.

Synthesizing that core was a pain in the ass because I did not get how to make the wind shoes flyable.

Had to watch a guide for that.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Congratulations!

Thanks!

Actually it's been the first game of 2020 I have completed yet.

I promise to get better!

Going to focus on Zero now.

Ryza's epilogue was pretty almost as long as Cold Steel's, just without a cliffhanger.

It was a great introduction into this series.

I really enjoyed the game.

Surely not as epic as Xenoblade 2, but still a very good game.

Definitely more enjoyable than Smash and Three Houses.

Have to decide if to play Sophie or Lulua as next Atelier game next.

Edited by Reisalin Stout

1 hour ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Have to decide if to play Sophie or Lulua as next Atelier game next.

*cough*
xtaLkPO.jpg
I'm not a shill, what do you mean?

EDIT: In all seriousness, while I will say that Lulua is the best game in the series (though I won't fight anyone who thinks otherwise, because arguing taste is pointless), I recommend Sophie, because it is a very relaxing game that you can play whenever you feel down. It'll cheer you right up.
At least it does that for me.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tutturu!

Tutturu~~~!

---

So, Protag-kun is a literal meat shield.
All Jack can do on his turn is either do nothing, take one or more hits for one of the girls on the team (and get knocked out) or use items. That's all he can do.
So not only does he not have a proper portrait, he also doesn't have any means of doing damage (unless you're using items that can do so, of which I found a paper towel that does a whopping 1 damage per hit).
On top of that, him getting knocked out activates Alice's support skill, which makes the entire party do more damage if Jack is incapacitated, so the game actively encourages you to get him beaten up.
Next to this, the way Re;Birth 3 treated poor Nepgear looks like she was put on a pedestal and praised as the best thing ever.

Also, the Jail apparently has desires. Fulfilling those desires through actions you can take during exploration will grant you various benefits. One of those desires is "Libido".
Wtf, developers?

Regular Alice:
I0uhbFx.jpg

"I'll murder the s*** out of you" Alice (a.k.a. the "fun" Massacre state):
El2TeMM.jpg

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Though in this case Serious Mode means losing your sanity and becoming bloodthirsty as a result.

If that isn't serious, i don't know what is XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

If that isn't serious, i don't know what is XD

Indeed!
And the game has already shown that it can get even worse. I feel like Mary Skelter will go all Re;Birth 2 on me one of these days...

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And the game has already shown that it can get even worse. I feel like Mary Skelter will go all Re;Birth 2 on me one of these days...

insert Conquest_box.png here

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

All Jack can do on his turn is either do nothing, take one or more hits for one of the girls on the team (and get knocked out) or use items. That's all he can do.
So not only does he not have a proper portrait, he also doesn't have any means of doing damage (unless you're using items that can do so, of which I found a paper towel that does a whopping 1 damage per hit).
On top of that, him getting knocked out activates Alice's support skill, which makes the entire party do more damage if Jack is incapacitated, so the game actively encourages you to get him beaten up.

Is that why he doesn't actually have a status screen? I'm looking at the screenshots and he's showing up on the action bar (i think) but only the girls have status screens.

49 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though in this case Serious Mode means losing your sanity and becoming bloodthirsty as a result.

I know how that feels...

latest?cb=20140113233442

Hhhh... your flesh looks so... lively.

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Come to think of it, SMT is a pretty accurate comparison when it comes to the overall tone and setting, as well.

I never played it, but looking at the eShop images, I think Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Persona 3&4xEtrian) had an Alice in Wonderland theme for its first stratum.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Thats even worse than Classic SMT protags, whose only uses are: items, summoning demons, and swinging a sword or shooting a gun. At least their gun damage was usually good or at least serviceable from the start to the end, and endgame swords rocked.

Of course, your magic-toting heroine companion could do everything the hero could minus the demon summoning, but with healing and slinging an Agi or Zio, so she was better. 

168?cb=20121227000528

Right Nemissa?

I'm not sure I'd ever pick up the Mary Skelter games, even if I do like a dungeon crawler. If the anime girls look a little too... excessive... I'd skip it.

I wanted to use a Necromancer on my 3rd EOV run, and since I used a male Necro before, I wanted a female this time for gender equality. For the first and only time in all my EO playing, I found my choices so unpleasing and incapable of being stomached, that I picked the generic Celestrian female. I made her more undead by giving her the abnormally pale with a hint of purple skin tone, made her hair a poisonous magenta, and gave her heterochromatic eyes, the right red & yellow, the left green and a blackish blue. She has since won 85% of my random encounters (I'm up to 10F again) with Poison Bomb and no real help from anyone else.

That said, as a fellow fan of dungeon crawlers, good luck and have fun!

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Move over Xenoblade Definitive. Now Meme Run 2 is my most anticipated game of 2020.

Wasn't the original Meme Run yanked off the Wii U eShop within days of its arrival? Must've been so magnificent that the awe it radiated caused players to literally explode because they couldn't handle it.

Screenshot_2060.png?width=767&height=431

Eyyy

Gonna play on hard-

Screenshot_2061.png?width=766&height=431

Normal it is. Though i found out later you can change the difficulty at any time, which is something you could not do in previous games.

Screenshot_2064.png?width=766&height=431

They brought Galion Fort back, which is dope. That's one of the coolest Arts in Crossbell.

Screenshot_2065.png?width=766&height=431

Also i appreicate the little red lines that indicate how far you have to beat a boss to progress.

Also

Screenshot_2065.png

Kinda looks like KOS-MOS if you just look at the action bar portrait.

It's good to be back.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wasn't the original Meme Run yanked off the Wii U eShop within days of its arrival?

I think it lasted for a few weeks but yep. Main reason was due to copyright (memes are copyrighted appearently).