The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Have fun, Armagon.

I will make sure i do. I've only played the prolouge so far but it's the Trails gameplay i know and love. The new Orders mechanic might be fun to mess around with.

The only issue i have is less the game itself but even on the lowest settings, it's a bit more demanding on my PC than the first two Cold Steel games. But it's not like, unplayable or anything, it just lags a little bit here and there. Nothing that would actually cause an issue.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The new Orders mechanic might be fun to mess around with.

They are pretty damn busted from what i played. They completely trivalized that fight at the end of the flash forward. On Nightmare.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The only issue i have is less the game itself but even on the lowest settings, it's a bit more demanding on my PC than the first two Cold Steel games.

My PC can run it fine on High settings. I wanna even try max settings XD

But Ao first

Edited by Shrimperor

I finished the Geofront Zero patch today. Gonna try the Flame Ao patch soon.

Sadly even though I've finished Zero twice (once before with the old leaked TL patch), I still haven't unlocked the NG+ dungeon for it yet. 😕

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But Ao first

It's ideal to play Ao before Cold Steel 3 anyway.

3 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

I finished the Geofront Zero patch today. Gonna try the Flame Ao patch soon.

Sadly even though I've finished Zero twice (once before with the old leaked TL patch), I still haven't unlocked the NG+ dungeon for it yet. 😕

Wait, what do you mean Zero has a NG+ dungeon?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, what do you mean Zero has a NG+ dungeon?

Yeah near the end of the game there's a monster extermination quest that opens a new area, but it's  only on NG+.

Edit: "Dungeon" might be overselling it a bit. I think it's just a new Geofront section.

That's nothing compared to CS1+2 locking story content behind NG+, though.

Edited by Robert Stewart

3 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Yeah near the end of the game there's a monster extermination quest that opens a new area, but it's  only on NG+.

Huh. Is it from a specifc NPC that you get it from? Because i make an effort to complete all the quests in the Crossbell and Cold Steel games (Sky has too many) and if it was on the quest board in Zero, i probably would've noticed. 

And yes, i did a NG+ run.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Huh. Is it from a specifc NPC that you get it from? Because i make an effort to complete all the quests in the Crossbell and Cold Steel games (Sky has too many) and if it was on the quest board in Zero, i probably would've noticed. 

And yes, i did a NG+ run.

Apparently it's on the final day and you have to talk to an NPC in Geofront Sector B.

6 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Apparently it's on the final day and you have to talk to an NPC in Geofront Sector B.

Oh that's why lmao. I would've never thought to go there on the final day.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

*cough*
xtaLkPO.jpg
I'm not a shill, what do you mean?

EDIT: In all seriousness, while I will say that Lulua is the best game in the series (though I won't fight anyone who thinks otherwise, because arguing taste is pointless), I recommend Sophie, because it is a very relaxing game that you can play whenever you feel down. It'll cheer you right up.
At least it does that for me.

Think to go for Lulua first since it's a Switch game and I have played it further than Sophie yet.

I expect each further Atelier game will disappoint me.

Well, I was wondering if things would get harder... and they did, hahaha. The Marquis fight was... well, it was more luck-based than anything. Able to attack twice, the main thing to watch for was its chilly breath attack. Could make a dent on the party's HP. While I do have Iron Shields, which reduce breath damage... the effect was pretty negligible. Like, only about five or so was the damage reduction. Thankfully it never used its breath attack twice in the same turn.

Well, the party if fully reunited now. I think I'll go chase out Balzack now. Though first, a side-trip to where the Desert Bazaar was. That may be for later tonight or tomorrow... and speaking of tomorrow... well, see ya on April 2.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Edelgard should learn from her. That's how to conquer a continent...

Indeed it is!
Nepgear > Edelgard, anyway. Though I don't hate Edelgard.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Is that why he doesn't actually have a status screen? I'm looking at the screenshots and he's showing up on the action bar (i think) but only the girls have status screens.

Indeed, that's why.
Funny thing is, he does get EXP and level ups, but his stats, if he even has them, don't show up anywhere.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know how that feels...

latest?cb=20140113233442

Hhhh... your flesh looks so... lively.

That looks really creepy.

Thats even worse than Classic SMT protags, whose only uses are: items, summoning demons, and swinging a sword or shooting a gun. At least their gun damage was usually good or at least serviceable from the start to the end, and endgame swords rocked.

Of course, your magic-toting heroine companion could do everything the hero could minus the demon summoning, but with healing and slinging an Agi or Zio, so she was better.

Doesn't look like Jack will be able to do any of that yet. Maybe that will change, I don't know, but for now, he's the sitting duck that facetanks things for you.

The girl whose add-on he is is most definitely the muscle of that group. Even her stat-spread suggests this.

That said, as a fellow fan of dungeon crawlers, good luck and have fun!

Thank you!
Admittedly, I haven't gotten too far yet, so that might change as time goes on, but overall, it left a very positive first impression on me.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2060.png?width=767&height=431

Eyyy

Gonna play on hard-

Screenshot_2061.png?width=766&height=431

Normal it is. Though i found out later you can change the difficulty at any time, which is something you could not do in previous games.

Screenshot_2064.png?width=766&height=431

They brought Galion Fort back, which is dope. That's one of the coolest Arts in Crossbell.

Screenshot_2065.png?width=766&height=431

Also i appreicate the little red lines that indicate how far you have to beat a boss to progress.

It's good to be back.

Ayy, Cold Steel 3!
Hope you have fun with this one and look forward to loads and loads of callbacks!

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

The new Orders mechanic might be fun to mess around with.

Orders are downright broken in this.
They're downright mandatory for certain fights later on where you can't even win without making good use of them.

Let's take a look at the Society fighting themes through the Series (up to CS2)

The Start of it all against the Society, Trails in the Sky SC

Spoiler

And then in Sky the Third, by far the best boss fight in the series, no questions asked, has this awesome remix playing

Spoiler

Which has a version with Lyrics!

Spoiler

Then in Ao, for a certain 'fight', you get the 8-bit remix

Spoiler

The theme gets remixed again in CS2, which gives us the amazing Severe Blow!

Spoiler

Anyway, Ao beach episode time!

Edited by Shrimperor

4 hours ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Think to go for Lulua first since it's a Switch game and I have played it further than Sophie yet.

Have fun!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Let's take a look at the Society fighting themes through the Series (up to CS2)

The Start if it all against the Society, Trails in the Sky SC

Reveal hidden contents

And then in Sky the Third, by far the best boss fight in the series, no questions asked, has this awesome remix playing

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Then in Ao, for a certain 'fight', you get the 8-bit remix

Reveal hidden contents

The theme get's remixed again in CS2, which gives us the amazing Severe Blow!

Reveal hidden contents

Anyway, Ao beach episode time!

As crappy an antagonist as the society is, their theme songs are amazing.

I'm sad that Severe Blow doesn't return for CS3

---

Speaking of "amazing": Dat enemy design
orQQ57l.jpg

Hat Ghost for Smash!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

someone shared this with me yesterday

unknown_65.png

I am definetly a Skyboomer lol

So... if I only played the Cold Steel games, does that technically make me a Senfag?

That's where modding comes in 😎

No modding on a console, I'm afraid. Though there's always the volume option and the soundtrack, I guess.

Edited by BallzDeap69

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Change BGM in Falcom games when xD

In any game.
If I could get Dancing Girl into Megadimension Neptunia VII, that game would go from almost perfect to perfect in a matter of seconds.

4 hours ago, BallzDeap69 said:

They're downright mandatory for certain fights later on where you can't even win without making good use of them.

Oh joy.

I will find out if that joy will be genuine or not.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

EhnbVRp.jpg?width=962&height=431

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

someone shared this with me yesterday

unknown_65.png

Crossbellcucks be like

303krn.jpg

I'm all three btw.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Change BGM in Falcom games when xD

If they do this, Get over the Barrier will be the default battle theme everytime. Trails' regular battle theme peaked with that one.

6 hours ago, BallzDeap69 said:

That looks really creepy.

It's Berserk Mode from Digital Devil Saga 2 (the first didn't have it for some reason). When the radiation phase cycles into 7/8ths or Max, there is a good chance that the heroes upon entering a battle (never a fixed encounter/boss though) will become Berserk. That is say they're put into a state that isn't fully human, nor entirely their Avatars (demons they become):

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130420205229

This state of limbo judging from the sounds they make is not so good on their minds either.

In gameplay, winning a battle while Berserk earns you 2.5x Karma- EXP. Yet, Berserk lowers your Def, crit resistance, accuracy (never good in a Press Turn game), and you can't Revert/Transform, nor use non-Phys & Hunt skills On the positive side, your attacks ignore Phys resistance/null/reflect IIRC, and have a 90% crit rate. A 100% success rate if you try to flee while Berserk means you're never forced to fight this way.

@Interdimensional Observer any tips for the second phase of the Medeus boss fight? I got past the first phase fine but in the second phase, I ended up getting trapped in a constant loop of reviving Kiria only for Medeus to kill her again with Tail (and he refuses to use that move on anybody else, it's crazy) and the thing is, she can survive the Tail but she dies to the Session Skills that follow it.

I'm also trapped in a loop of having to use my EP restoring skills because Medeus really draining them (as well as Seal and Burn, two constant status effects that Medeus loves to spam).