• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

zLK6KcV.jpg
So apparently, snark is deadly. Who knew? XD

2 hours ago, Juju said:

YOOO LET'S GO

And yes, it's legit. There's a trailer (which does contain spoilers for Crossbell and CS3).

That soon? Wow. I didn't expect that one.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's Berserk Mode from Digital Devil Saga 2 (the first didn't have it for some reason). When the radiation phase cycles into 7/8ths or Max, there is a good chance that the heroes upon entering a battle (never a fixed encounter/boss though) will become Berserk. That is say they're put into a state that isn't fully human, nor entirely their Avatars (demons they become):

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20130420205229

This state of limbo judging from the sounds they make is not so good on their minds either.

In gameplay, winning a battle while Berserk earns you 2.5x Karma- EXP. Yet, Berserk lowers your Def, crit resistance, accuracy (never good in a Press Turn game), and you can't Revert/Transform, nor use non-Phys & Hunt skills On the positive side, your attacks ignore Phys resistance/null/reflect IIRC, and have a 90% crit rate. A 100% success rate if you try to flee while Berserk means you're never forced to fight this way.

Huh, the SMT and Mary Skelter comparison doesn't just stop at the similar tone and setting, I see.

Edited by BallzDeap69
already wrote that

I don't have any.
And no, it definitely has totally nothing to do with me being weirdly self-conscious about coming across as a Senfag. B-baka.

On second thought, being a Tsundere doesn't suit ol' DragonFlames.

Edited by BallzDeap69

2 hours ago, Juju said:

@Interdimensional Observer any tips for the second phase of the Medeus boss fight? I got past the first phase fine but in the second phase, I ended up getting trapped in a constant loop of reviving Kiria only for Medeus to kill her again with Tail (and he refuses to use that move on anybody else, it's crazy) and the thing is, she can survive the Tail but she dies to the Session Skills that follow it.

I'm also trapped in a loop of having to use my EP restoring skills because Medeus really draining them (as well as Seal and Burn, two constant status effects that Medeus loves to spam).

From my replay, ally my characters no higher than 63.:

Phase 1:

• Mostly used Yashiro and Touma, but I swapped to Kiria and Tsubasa sometimes b/c status or low HP.
  • Touma used Debilitate as needed, the Sorcerers and Druids were slain ASAP. 
  • I might have used a Rakukaja Stone or two, and a Dekunda Stone when hit with Dark Breath. Cured the ailments with items right away except when HP needed to be patched up.
  • Since there is nothing after this fight, I did use a rare Bead Chain for a heal (and a common Maca Leaf or two), and I conserved my SP for Mamori's Microwavin' Heart and Soul for healing. I thankfully never needed to use Soul though, even if I came close.
  • Touma and Eleonora had the Blades of Domination passive, which frequently shoved Medeus to the end of the turn lineup.
  • Most damage to Medeus came from Itsuki's Wyrmicide, but Yashiro, Touma, and Kiria tried chipping in.
  • This phase required I stay on my feet, but not too bad.

Phase 2:

• I used only Touma, Yashiro, and Tsubasa and Microwavin' Heart for healing here.
  • Dies Irae was the biggest problem, even with constant Debilitate, it hit for colossal damage to everyone, I should've used more Rakukaja Stones.
  • Energy Drain was bad, though I had 6 Chakra Pots going into this battle.
    • I made it worse on myself by equipping the Masakado's Sword Carnage to Yashiro, since it made him weak to Energy Drain, equipping the Kusanagi no Tsurugi would've prevented that. Thus I swapped him for Tsubasa later.
  • While Dekunda meant Medeus would dispel the Debiltate debuffs, he had to waste an action to do so, sparing me one painful attack from him.
    • I'm not sure if Medeus would use Dekunda if he had been inflicted with only one debuff like Tarunda, but if so, that would be a lot cheaper on EP. If you dug up old Hamstring, Touma could Session off of Medeus at the same time.
  • Wyrmicide was again my main damage source.
  • This phase was certainly tougher, but I managed eek out a victory. Perhaps I was lucky in that I never had two characters KO'ed at once. Dies Irae could drop two in the red and one dead with a followup attack, but that was as bad as I had it.
  • I never once used the Naga's Blessings Special Performance exclusive to the final battle, since I don't know if Medeus has any pattern to Dies Irae. But spamming Clap Tracks if you have a stockpile with one character, having Itsuki summon Tiki every other turn, and the other active cast slot alternate between healing and offense might be viable?

1 hour ago, BallzDeap69 said:

Huh, the SMT and Mary Skelter comparison doesn't just stop at the similar tone and setting, I see.

There is a Tokyo Destinyland dungeon in the first SMT, pink walls and floors and teleport galore. It's where Echidna leader of Chaos and giant head without a body hangs out. From checking the SMT Fandom for an image when it turns out it doesn't have one, I just discovered P5 brought it back decades later, unexpected. And, that a port of SMT1 included evil Mickey and Donald demons that the original version had left unused, both are so terrifying I dare not destroy your mind with their horrifying visages. I very much regret clicking the link to them.

Digital Devil Saga, a nice duology if you could ever emulate PS2 games, had a similar but totally unrelated fantasy castle dungeon, complete with a not-Tinkerbell automation as your guide for the puzzles inside.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, I went and finished off a certain game I was playing and I gotta say, you rascals, the worst game I have ever played definitely has to be...

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Like, EVERYTHING about Technoblade Chrompickles True literaterally Sux. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. The music is ass, the characters are ass, the graphics are ass, the gameplay is ass, and the icon in the menu when you select the game is not triangle-shaped. That's the worst part about it. That, and of course the fact that it's got a "2" in the title. That means it's a sequel. And we all know that being a sequel automatically makes you the worst thing ever, so Chemobath Bionicles Blue is the worst thing everest! Never have I played a game that was so bad in every conceivable level. Like seriously, I put 5 billion hours into Lemonpaste Monocle's Shoe and it didn't git gud! Like, I don't care if it takes 51 hours to git gud, if it didn't catch me after the 50 trillion hour mark, it's garbo! Lateral garb!

10/10
It's got a little something for everyone

Happy April Fool's Day 2020, everyone!

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Touma used Debilitate as needed, the Sorcerers and Druids were slain ASAP. 

I don't think i have Debilitate on Touma. Which Carnage gives him that again?

1 hour ago, BallzDeap69 said:

Okay, I went and finished off a certain game I was playing and I gotta say, you rascals, the worst game I have ever played definitely has to be...

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Like, EVERYTHING about Technoblade Chrompickles True literaterally Sux. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. The music is ass, the characters are ass, the graphics are ass, the gameplay is ass, and the icon in the menu when you select the game is not triangle-shaped. That's the worst part about it. That, and of course the fact that it's got a "2" in the title. That means it's a sequel. And we all know that being a sequel automatically makes you the worst thing ever, so Chemobath Bionicles Blue is the worst thing everest! Never have I played a game that was so bad in every conceivable level. Like seriously, I put 5 billion hours into Lemonpaste Monocle's Shoe and it didn't git gud! Like, I don't care if it takes 51 hours to git gud, if it didn't catch me after the 50 trillion hour mark, it's garbo! Lateral garb!

10/10
It's got a little something for everyone

Reveal hidden contents

Happy April Fool's Day 2020, everyone!

Rip the Ys 9 2020 Dream, i guess. It's all Cold Steel now 😕

Oh well, can't wait for the reactions to the glorious twists in CS4

Edited by Shrimperor

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Eh, i wouldn't count it out yet. While Xseed isn't localizing Trails anymore, it seems they are still localizing Ys (a remake was released recently i think....or will be released soon).

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ruin. 

Debilitate is 40 EP per use, but it provides all three of the stat drops in a single skill.

So as it turns out, Ruin is a Dark Knight Carnage. I had Cain as a Paladin this whole time so that's why i never saw it. I made the quick Class Change into Dark Knight, grabbed Ruin and went back into Paladin (Cain is overall better as that).

19 minutes ago, Juju said:

it seems they are still localizing Ys (a remake was released recently i think....or will be released soon).

it's just a port, like the one they did for CS1/2

I just got some bad news Xenoblade fans, my uncle who works at Nintendo told me that XenoblaDE will only cover the events that happen in Colony 9, with the rest of the game being split into 16 more games that will release later. Don't worry, it will still have 120 hours of content because Monolith Soft added tons of sidequests that doesn't expand on the plot or world at all. The Mechon attack on Colony 9 (which will also be 120 hours long) will be the opening of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: Chapter 2, which will release in 2025. The trailers included content from later games because Monolith wanted people to get excited for them when they release decades from now. Future Connected will be included in the final chapter as a bonus for purchasing all 17 games, so please be excited.

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I just got some bad news Xenoblade fans, my uncle who works at Nintendo told me that XenoblaDE will only cover the events that happen in Colony 9, with the rest of the game being split into 16 more games that will release later. Don't worry, it will still have 120 hours of content because Monolith Soft added tons of sidequests that doesn't expand on the plot or world at all. The Mechon attack on Colony 9 (which will also be 120 hours long) will be the opening of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: Chapter 2, which will release in 2025. The trailers included content from later games because Monolith wanted people to get excited for them when they release decades from now. Future Connected will be included in the final chapter as a bonus for purchasing all 17 games, so please be excited.

I'm really not feeling this. 😪

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Haha.

I can detect the jab at Square Enix splitting up the Final Fantasy 7 Remake into parts, though i don't know if that was your intention.

@Interdimensional Observer your tips ended up helping. I will admit, i did switch to Easy for the final battle (since only Itsuki and i think Yashiro were above Lv.60) but Debilitate definitely helped. 

I'll write up my full thoughts later but i do have a question about the plot.

Spoiler

So in Ch.3 i think, they bring up how Daiba (or Daitama) TV got a new president and they mention how "nobody knows anything about him". This was after the connections between the Mirages and DTV was established so when the story brings up this new president, it feels important. But it never amounts to anything. The one thing the new president does is start Enter-Kingdom and that's it. I thought he was Gharnef but it turns out Hatanaka was Gharnef. So then i thought he'd be Medeus but Medeus was his own entity.

Was that new president brought up as if it was meant to mean something but they just didn't do anything with it?

2 hours ago, Juju said:

@Interdimensional Observer your tips ended up helping. I will admit, i did switch to Easy for the final battle (since only Itsuki and i think Yashiro were above Lv.60) but Debilitate definitely helped. 

I'll write up my full thoughts later but i do have a question about the plot.

Don't belittle yourself for toning down the difficulty, if it's too much to be fun, do what makes things enjoyable again. Set difficulty machismo aside. The final battle of any game always has the fine excuse of wanting to wrap things up too.

As for that one little plot point...

Spoiler

It seems to have merely been a harmless red herring. Could've easily written some behind-the-scenes manipulation on Gharnef/Hatanaka's part into it, but they didn't.

----

Done with the 2nd Stratum in EOV again. I had been preparing since the end of the 1st for my clash with the Hippogryph, the final ordeal before the Master Classes unlock, but it turns out I was still somehow underprepared. I went in at a good lvl 29 on everyone, and I had bought the best armor I could. Yet the Hippogryph was OHKOing my Necromancer and without Line Guard my Masurao could meet the same fate. Why was this possible Atlus?

Knowing a stoned boss is no boss, I spent three tries trying to Black Mist + Petrify Gas the Hippogryph, but I failed and got slaughtered each time. Fourth time was the charm, Petrify landed, then it was High Ground + Ruinous Prayer + Volt Prayer + Chain Shock + Volt Jar + Armor Pierce + Soul Cry. When Petrify wore off a few turns later, I brandished Chain Blast + Poison Bomb and continued the Chain Shock-prioritzed assault. The boss was dead in 8 turns, having never hurt me with anything but puny basic attacks.

Now, I begin the fun part of EOV- embracing the expanded skillsets of the Legendary Titles! 

1. I'll finally have my chance to experience an Etrian dodgetank in the Phantom Duelist. They shall be stripped of all equipment for greatly increasing their evasion, if at the price of dying almost inevitably if it's ever hit. I don't think I'll need Deft and Revenge Thrusts. 
  2. My Blade Dancer will shed all armor for quadruple katanas and extreme offense, including the Phantom's Lure.
  3. The Shield Bearer will Divide Guard the Blade Dancer so it won't be OHKO'ed, and if it has the chance, Dragon Roar on the Phantom to increase enemy aggression towards it.
  4. The Divine Herald will Haste Prayer to buff the Phantom's evasion, use the basic elemental Prayers for when Cut damage won't cut it, and Appease Spirits + Holy Flame will heal the damage the Phantom can't attract.  
  5. The Spirit Broker will do its own independent thang. Poison Bomb the world again, Zombie Powder for good instakill, Fair Trade the Wraiths provided by Zombie Powder for damage, Sacrifice + Gates of Hell for making high HP Wraiths when I can't Zombie Powder some up, and a point in Life Exchange for on-demand healing.

But first, I Rest to free up all my Skill Points for these radical retoolings.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 hours ago, Juju said:

Rest assured, that post wasn't made with any ill intent in mind.
And it's not an accurate reflection of my feelings on Xenoblade 2.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh well, can't wait for the reactions to the glorious twists in CS4

Biggest twist of them all: Towa was the evil mastermind all along.

---

So... April Fools is now over. It's been fun actually doing something for it this year, even if that something may or may not have killed the last shred of questionable credibility I had.
I am very sad that I didn't get to visit my grandpa for his 81st birthday, though. Stupid corona lockdown.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Rest assured, that post wasn't made with any ill intent in mind.
And it's not an accurate reflection of my feelings on Xenoblade 2.

Oh, i knew it was all in good fun. I was just responding with a popular Xenoblade meme.

And yes, there's a 10 minute version (there is no 10 hour version unforutantely).

7 minutes ago, Juju said:

Oh, i knew it was all in good fun. I was just responding with a popular Xenoblade meme.

I figured. If I had known you or anyone else didn't have a sense of humor, I probably wouldn't have written that.
As for the response, it makes complete sense that it became a meme. The delivery of that line was hilarious.
Let me guess: that line happens when you win a battle with that character in the party, right?

Rex' "I like your attitude" has also become something of a meme judging by the comment section of this video.

In all honesty, I haven't finished Xenoblade 2 yet. I got distracted by Mary Skelter.

7 minutes ago, Juju said:

And yes, there's a 10 minute version (there is no 10 hour version unforutantely).

I did not know I needed this until you showed it to me. XD

Edited by DragonFlames
made a correction

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Let me guess: that line happens when you win a battle with that character in the party, right?

Yep. It's considered one of the top three Reyn quotes, the other two being "now it's Reyn time" and "you can't spell rainbow without Reyn baby".

Yeah, Reyn is basically the Zeke of Xenoblade 1, just not as chuuni.

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Rex' "I like your attitude" has also become something of a meme judging by the comment section of this video.

Yep. Along with "we'll beat them with the power of friendship".

Xenoblade has a lot of quotable dialouge, so a lot of the mid and post-battle dialouge ends up becoming memes.

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In all honesty, I haven't finished Xenoblade 2 yet. I got distracted by Mary Skelter.

We've all been there, don't worry.

5 minutes ago, Juju said:

Yep. It's considered one of the top three Reyn quotes, the other two being "now it's Reyn time" and "you can't spell rainbow without Reyn baby".

Yeah, Reyn is basically the Zeke of Xenoblade 1, just not as chuuni.

So basically, Zeke is Reyn but even more hyper. Got it. XD

6 minutes ago, Juju said:

Xenoblade has a lot of quotable dialouge, so a lot of the mid and post-battle dialouge ends up becoming memes.

I think this may also have something to do with the fact that you'll hear it a lot on top of it being funny.
I mean, when I got through a tough fight the first thing on my mind would NOT be to discuss my friend's body hygiene (in reference to a post-battle exchange between Nia, Rex, and Dromarch).

---

Speaking of funny things: some equipment pieces in Mary Skelter have downright hilarious names. There's a weapon (a book, to be exact) called "Idiot Guide" and armor called "Edgy Outfit" for example.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Biggest twist of them all: Towa was the evil mastermind all along.

No joke would be better than actual reveal. Just keep your expectations low.

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So basically, Zeke is Reyn but even more hyper. Got it. XD

To be more accurate, Zeke is basically the fusion of Reyn and Dunban (whenever Zeke gets more serious, he resembles Dunban more than Reyn) and also Bart from Xenogears. Bart's design also probably directly inspired Zeke's, to the point that one of Zeke's DLC costumes resembles Bart

Bart.png

yecliq6d45411.jpg

50 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of funny things: some equipment pieces in Mary Skelter have downright hilarious names. There's a weapon (a book, to be exact) called "Idiot Guide"

Is it one of these?

19622432.jpg

45 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

No joke would be better than actual reveal. Just keep your expectations low.

CURSES!
get it?

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To be more accurate, Zeke is basically the fusion of Reyn and Dunban (whenever Zeke gets more serious, he resembles Dunban more than Reyn) and also Bart from Xenogears. Bart's design also probably directly inspired Zeke's, to the point that one of Zeke's DLC costumes resembles Bart

Bart.png

yecliq6d45411.jpg

I should likely be in awe at the flashy colors and blond hair, but my more imminent question is: why the heck is he standing back to back with Brighid and does Morag know?
I know it's probably more a coincidence than anything, but still.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is it one of these?

19622432.jpg

I would bet that it is.
I swear the moment I get the character or job (there is a job system in Mary Skelter) that uses books as their weapons, I'm going to make that their main weapon. I killed Anankos with a Frying Pan, I can kill whatever final boss Mary Skelter may have with a book titled "Idiot Guide".

Edited by DragonFlames