• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that Ayesha is a game for an older device.

Having no 3D angle is something I have to get used to.

Anyways the start is very promising because there's instant motivation to help Ayesha to give as many story fragments as possible.

There's a similarity to Xenoblade 2 that talking to anyone will be rewarded.

Pana is adorable! 

And it introduces a character who shows more skin than Reisalin.

LYSITHEA APPRECIATION

Thanks to me!

Well, that's because they can afford it these days. Gotta pay extra for licencing usage of the actor's voices overseas, after all. Or so it went in some cases, anyway.

Anyway, well, got the Zenithian Shield now. As well as the Ultimate Key, so it's back to cruising around the world picking up stuff before doing the next story stuff. Though that will be for later. For now, I feel ambitious enough to do another 769 to 1453 run in Crusader Kings 2. Might start it today...

6 hours ago, Caster said:

I feel like at this point you're trying to deliberately avoid every game series I like.

It's a coincidence, I assure you.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I won't. I'll keep you alive, forever. Reborn with every death, all memories inherited at that moment. But no matter how hard you try, how much you yearn to change the world, you never will. You could conquer the ends of the Earth, and I shall thwart any lasting legacy. Resign yourself to eternal life ever futile.

Oof.
I think I would go mad at some point if that ever happened. Don't worry though, I have no illusions of grandeur and no ambitions for conquest, either.

---

I got all four of my party members into the Massacre state in one battle. AOE attacks are f***ing OP, as is Alice' Destroyer class.

To wit: the Destroyer class increases your attack stat to frankly ridiculous levels. Where my other party members do 150-200 damage per attack, Alice as a Destroyer dishes out numbers above 450 like it's going out of style. And that's her when she's in her normal state. Once she goes Massacre, her damage output is increased even further. Needless to say, she trivializes most of the random encounters by just one-shotting everything.
When I first changed her into it, I never would have thought that I had to take the name "Destroyer" quite literally.QtYTW9m.jpg
The last thing your enemies will see before they get reduced to pink blood splatters.

I also had my first occurence of Blood Skelter, because I forgot to use the Mary Gun. Poor Snow White... and F in the chat for the rest of my party.
At least I have seen the game over screen. Can't remember the last time I've seen one of those.

I played more Cold Steel 3. Got to Sutherland before stopping. Of course, that means i got to try out Cold Steel 3's mech battles for the first time. An improvement over CS1 and 2's on the simple fact that you actually control more than one guy now. I also appreciate that each one is equipped with the weapons of whoever pilots it, giving that snese of uniqueness, even if the mechs themselves are pretty generic-looking (minus Valimar of course). And while the actual combat is different, CS3's mech combat reminds me of the mech combat in pre-Blade Xeno games. That's good. 

In other parts of the game, seeing Tita, Agate and Randy again is so good. It's also really nice hearing Randy speak English after hearing him speak Japanese for two games in a row.

I will say, it does feel like the early game kinda drags a bit. I know when you break it down, Cold Steel 3 is basically "Cold Steel 1 but again" but Cold Steel 1 got to it's first field study earlier in comparison to Cold Steel 3. I'd say that CS3 does have a relatively slower opening compared to the rest of the series actually. And yeah, i know i watched a playthrough months ago before the game even released on PS4 but that playthrough didn't account the gameplay time on account that i skipped all the gameplay portions, so i couldn't get a proper sense of the pacing.

Still though, enjoying it so far.

My top 20 best females in videogames:

(only games I have completed)

Spoiler

Morag

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Spoiler

Lucina

Fire Emblem Awakening

Spoiler

Laura S. Arseid

Trails of Cold Steel series

Spoiler

Fie Claussel

Trails of Cold Steel Series

Spoiler

Noel Vermillion

Blazblue

Spoiler

Naoto Shirogane

Persona 4

Spoiler

Fumi Kanno

Devil Survivor 2

Spoiler

Estelle Bright

Trails in the Sky series

Spoiler

Ries Argent

Trails in the Sky 3rd.

Spoiler

Micaiah

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Spoiler

Futaba Sakura

Persona 5

Spoiler

Rixia Mao

Trails from Zero

Spoiler

Rosalina

Super Mario series

Spoiler

Aegis

Persona 3

Spoiler

Alisa Reinford

Trails of Cold Steel series

Spoiler

Reisalin Stout

Atelier Ryza

Spoiler

Mythra

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Spoiler

Airi Ban 

Devil Survivor 2

Spoiler

Nia

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Spoiler

Pneuma

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Edited by Reisalin Stout

Okay, I didn't played CK2. I'll start that playthrough most likely Saturday.

In the end I went back to DQIV and went around picking up stuff with the Ultimate Key; and finally went to Minikin's Dominion to exchange all my Mini Medals. I got exactly 30 by this point. Hmm, its place in the Zoom list is between Porthtrunnel and Mintos. Not sure why would you just sail along the coast to go there already unless you're following that comment of the Zenithian Armour an NPC in Porthtrunnel speaks about. The area is only now just being directed at, since it's at Femiscyra when you're told to head over there. Well, I'll see the position of the next town in the Zoom list when I get there. Though, again, I sometimes wonder if Zoom really list things in their intended order of visit. The cave with the armour is right there; but I might put it on hold as per told at Femiscyra.

Ah well! That will be for another day. Too bad there's no priest to save the game at Minikin's. Had to go elsewhere to save. At least Zoom only costs 1MP; and I still have some Chimaera's Wing, if I really was that thrift about MP.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 hours ago, Caster said:

I am unsure if I believe this statement

You can. Trust me.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I played more Cold Steel 3. Got to Sutherland before stopping. Of course, that means i got to try out Cold Steel 3's mech battles for the first time. An improvement over CS1 and 2's on the simple fact that you actually control more than one guy now. I also appreciate that each one is equipped with the weapons of whoever pilots it, giving that snese of uniqueness, even if the mechs themselves are pretty generic-looking (minus Valimar of course). And while the actual combat is different, CS3's mech combat reminds me of the mech combat in pre-Blade Xeno games. That's good. 

In other parts of the game, seeing Tita, Agate and Randy again is so good. It's also really nice hearing Randy speak English after hearing him speak Japanese for two games in a row.

I will say, it does feel like the early game kinda drags a bit. I know when you break it down, Cold Steel 3 is basically "Cold Steel 1 but again" but Cold Steel 1 got to it's first field study earlier in comparison to Cold Steel 3. I'd say that CS3 does have a relatively slower opening compared to the rest of the series actually. And yeah, i know i watched a playthrough months ago before the game even released on PS4 but that playthrough didn't account the gameplay time on account that i skipped all the gameplay portions, so i couldn't get a proper sense of the pacing.

Still though, enjoying it so far.

Glad you're enjoying yourself!

1 hour ago, Reisalin Stout said:

My top 20 best females in videogames:

(only games I have completed)

Interesting! I haven't put much thought into this myself, but maybe I will.

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Good Morning!

Good Morning too you, too!^^

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah well! That will be for another day. Too bad there's no priest to save the game at Minikin's. Had to go elsewhere to save. At least Zoom only costs 1MP; and I still have some Chimaera's Wing, if I really was that thrift about MP.

Can you not save anywhere in Dragon Quest?

@Interdimensional Observer I forgot to respond to your notes about Devil Survivor and that was rude of me. Apologies.
My 3DS is in fact still working like a charm and I'm still playing it regularly due to so many games I love being on there. Thus, I think I'll give Devil Survivor a go once I get the chance.

---

And to further annoy y'all with Mary Skelter, I discovered that you can "level down" by certain amounts in a process called "Blood Devolution". Similarly to Etrian Odyssey's Rest/Retire features, this will reset your allocated skill points so you can redistribute them as well as grant you a bonus to your stats. Differently from Etrian Odyssey, however, you can choose how many levels you want to go down. The lowest amount is 15, the highest is 80. So if you use Blood Devolution at, say, level 19, you go back down to level 4 (because obviously you can't go down into the negatives). Another difference is that you can't use this any time you wish. To do it, you need an item called Devolution Rights, of which you get one for each Blood Maiden every 10 or so levels. The same goes for unlocking new classes, too. Every 10 levels (I am assuming that based on the evidence I got my first of these items when my characters reached level 10), you will get an item called Job Rights, which you can then use to unlock new Jobs to learn skills from or switch to.
I'm not sure I'm entirely a fan of this restriction, especially when it comes to unlocking new Jobs, but we'll see how it will impact the overall experience.
It did make me put in more thought into the first Jobs I unlocked, at the very least.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Can you not save anywhere in Dragon Quest?

Not in every game. Usually you need to talk to an NPC who would allow you to save. Not every settlement has one (although this is rare starting from IV onward), though sometimes you will find them in places like dungeons, as it were.

Since I'm playing the games on Android, one thing I can do is leave a town, then close the app. That creates an autosave which I can load. Though I prefer to have a hard save, just in case.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not in every game. Usually you need to talk to an NPC who would allow you to save. Not every settlement has one (although this is rare starting from IV onward), though sometimes you will find them in places like dungeons, as it were.

I wanted to comment on how inconvenient that is, then I remembered how many games I played where you're only allowed to save at dedicated save points.
Though it is still pretty inconvenient, considering that NPC doesn't appear to be in every town, which seems to be a weird design choice, to be honest.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I wanted to comment on how inconvenient that is, then I remembered how many games I played where you're only allowed to save at dedicated save points.
Though it is still pretty inconvenient, considering that NPC doesn't appear to be in every town, which seems to be a weird design choice, to be honest.

Eh, it's not that big of a deal. I've never felt you go long without an NPC to save; and once you get Zoom (which can transport to you previously visited towns), it's trivial.

Well, an NPC to save was only missing from towns in the first three games. After that practically every town now does. So, again, no big deal.

Well, since DQ is mostly deliberate old-fashioned when it comes to RPG structure. So not much a weird design choice, just old-fashioned. Don't know if to really call it outdated since I've never thought it's really a problem to not be able to save everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, it's not that big of a deal. I've never felt you go long without an NPC to save; and once you get Zoom (which can transport to you previously visited towns), it's trivial.

Well, an NPC to save was only missing from towns in the first three games. After that practically every town now does. So, again, no big deal.

Well, since DQ is mostly deliberate old-fashioned when it comes to RPG structure. So not much a weird design choice, just old-fashioned. Don't know if to really call it outdated since I've never thought it's really a problem to not be able to save everywhere.

Ah, that's good then.
Imagine you'd go hours and hours of gameplay, go through two dungeons, themselves without any save points, and a hard boss fight, then you get to the next town, happy that you can finally save your progress only to discover the guy is not there.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

You can. Trust me.

Hrm.

So, how are you? Besides inadvertently making me sad.

I noticed you're playing Mary Skelter, my friend played it on a call for me before, I thought it looked pretty neat, even if I haven't played it myself, so have fun.

46 minutes ago, Caster said:

So, how are you? Besides inadvertently making me sad.

My master plan is working, then. Mwahahahaha!
Still have my cold that I caught around a month or so ago, but otherwise, I'm fine.

47 minutes ago, Caster said:

I noticed you're playing Mary Skelter, my friend played it on a call for me before, I thought it looked pretty neat, even if I haven't played it myself, so have fun.

Thank you!
The game really is fun. It might even become my favorite game on the Switch if this keeps up.
Though I did get my butt kicked by a boss I wasn't prepared for earlier and lost a good bunch of progress. That was kinda dumb, to be honest. Dumb of me for not being better prepared, that is.

@DragonFlames so Nights of Azure 2 is $30 on the eShop right now. Can i just play this one without the first one or no and that's important because the first Nights of Azure literally isn't on Switch. It's just not there (i'll also need to look into if 2 actually runs well on Switch because iirc, this was one of Gust's first Switch ports and if Lydie & Sulle is anything to go by, well....)

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ao after chapter 3

ActualFeistyBettong-max-1mb.gif

non stop

Yeah, the Ao hype doesn't stop. At all. 

16 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:

This game will be great, I can feel it!

I hope you enjoy it more than i do. Atelier Ayesha is cute but i found it to be the weakest Dusk game and just one of the weakest entries in the series overall imo.

Decided to order XB Definitive edition and when I did I noticed that the store I was looking at still had the Collector's Edition and I pre ordered that one. 

Normally around the release of XB Corona should die down which means that I hopefully have time to take a vacation from work.