The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlamesthe one thing that made me go ''???'' is 'after a few weeks'

seems a bit arbitary

The exact time frame is irrelevant in that instance. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway. Truth is, I haven't figured that out yet.
The "after a few weeks part" is more of a placeholder right now.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

That ruins my fanfic

What fanfic?

Benice's sanity has been restored by 6.

Phew, crisis averted.

#Japunzel?

Rapunzel is a literal child, so...

Just now, Armagon said:

Nice nice. 

I take it you're retooling the story you had previously? Or is this part of the same story?

It's a bit of both. Originally, the island kingdom going poof was just going to be a part of the general backstory of the world. Then I scrapped it because something similar popped up in another game (hello, Torna!), but the idea kind of stuck with me, so I decided to turn that event's importance up a little in the grand scheme of things. I also linked it to another plotline that was brewing in my head (inhabitants of the underworld suddenly appearing and thus coming into conflict with the human realm).

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I hope I can make it work.
Frankly, I'm not too confident.

Hmm, so this is for a written story, I take it?

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's a bit of both. Originally, the island kingdom going poof was just going to be a part of the general backstory of the world. Then I scrapped it because something similar popped up in another game (hello, Torna!), but the idea kind of stuck with me, so I decided to turn that event's importance up a little in the grand scheme of things. I also linked it to another plotline that was brewing in my head (inhabitants of the underworld suddenly appearing and thus coming into conflict with the human realm).

I see. Well, i'm curious to see where it all leads.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The exact time frame is irrelevant in that instance. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway. Truth is, I haven't figured that out yet.
The "after a few weeks part" is more of a placeholder right now.

I just think timing itself can be used as a plot point
if it now takes weeks, if it happens faster later, it can be a ''???'' moment

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I see. Well, i'm curious to see where it all leads.

Me too.
At this point, it's just a rough idea that needs some ironing out. But it's at least a foundation to start with, I guess.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I just think timing itself can be used as a plot point
if it now takes weeks, if it happens faster later, it can be a ''???'' moment

This is a good point, actually.
Alright, setting a specific time frame it is! Thank you!

Edited by DragonFlames
avoiding double posts

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup, exactly.

Nice. Good luck on that.

Personally, I've been wanting to do something similar.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Good luck to you as well! Do you have any ideas brewing?

I have one, which I've worked on for years, on and off. Thing is, even now I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it.

Originally it started as something I'd use for a RP campaign, but nowadays I feel like it might be better to turn it into a written story. Or even a video game, if I could actually have the means for that.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I have one, which I've worked on for years, on and off. Thing is, even now I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it.

I see. I'm not exactly the best person to tell you this, considering I'm sitting in a glass house on that one, but sometimes it's good to just take the plunge and see where it leads.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see. I'm not exactly the best person to tell you this, considering I'm sitting in a glass house on that one, but sometimes it's good to just take the plunge and see where it leads.

I'll admit, I do tend to have reservations (many reservations) , when it comes to make public most of what I come up with. Though I won't deny I've made progress on the matter. Like having finally participated at least once on the Writing Competition thread here on Serenes.

That said, for something like this... might not yet be ready for it, I feel. Also because I feel I have bigger priorities in my life than to dedicate to something that is likely to be long-term but could take up much of my time.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'll admit, I do tend to have reservations (many reservations) , when it comes to make public most of what I come up with.

I understand completely.
It's like you're bearing a part of yourself to the world that you might not want that world to see. At least that's how it feels to me at times.

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I thought I was playing Ys, not Digimon World, lol.
Also apparently, ship wrecks aren't lethal in this universe. Good to know.

Did you like that crazy good sword Adol started with? Too bad he lost it. Then again, crap like this tends to happen in Ys.

Just finished watching the original Rodan film. My introduction to Rodan was in King of the Monsters and i'm disapointed that Rodan's debut film was kinda boring. Compared to the original Godzilla and King Kong vs Godzilla (both Showa series films like Rodan), this one felt like it was lacking a bit. Even on the technical side, some of the minatures weren't scaled properly, which wasn't a case in the other two Showa series films i mentioned. Hell, even the original King Kong had better scaling and that was in 1933.

Anyway, since Rodan is the 20th film i've watched this marathon, time to post the rankings again. I've shuffled some arounnd after thinking in retrospect.

Screenshot_2138_1.png?width=488&height=4

Screenshot_2139_1.png

I think for the next set of five, i'm gonna rip-off the band-aid. By that i mean, i'm gonna watch the remainder of the Godzilla anime trilogy, as well as the other two animated King Kong films. These four movies, i'm probably gonna hate so after that, i'll top off the set of five with an actually good movie like Godzilla vs Mothra (Heisei) or maybe i'll even finally watch Final Wars.

I can say this though, The Mighty Kong is probably the bottom of the barrel here. I don't think i'll have to worry about watching a worse movie on this list.

Edited by Armagon

I saw someone mention Trials of Mana earlier. Speaking of which, the other day, I decided to pre-order it digitally.

Edited by Shadow Mir

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Did some shenanigans with Gladiator Orion

EWJUUuCUEAAB7co?format=jpg&name=large

EWJUUt_U8AAXtUs?format=jpg&name=large

EWJUUuFU0AAcuIZ?format=jpg&name=large

EWJUUuGU0AA5YkU?format=jpg&name=large

I had to do this one a little bit differently. I initiated the fight like normal but then jumped down to where Orion couldn't hit me. It was going pretty good but i think there's something in the game's coding that says "if an enemy cannot hit the player for x amount of time, the fight ends" because after i got in one Blade Combo, the fight ended unceremoniously.

Oh my, what's going on with the camera in picture 2? Wouldnt it be great if you could just shoot him down with no hassle? That would make me very happy.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Did some shenanigans with Gladiator Orion

I never ended up beating Gladiator Orion (not without trying), maybe I'll get to that at some point soon. How long did it take you to get KOS-MOS?

Am I the only person who looks at the title and cringes at their own necroposting habits? I mean, I get terrified at the idea of never being able to post comments, so I have this list of sites that are about to be locked, and I post comments on them to keep them alive. Lots of sites have a message that reads something like "locks a year after last post," and I just like the idea of a post never really dying. Also, Kaga did it first, and Epstein didn't kill himself.