Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

I was quite productive the past days.

Well, since I play it on JP with using a game and translation guide I make quite fast progress.

Once the game gets an official release in English, I will definitely replay it to understand everything.

ah, i see.

The fantranslation is quite serviceable though. I don't think the game will ever get an official translation. Too old. Too niche. Too much text. Most new fans don't care about it.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ah, i see.

The fantranslation is quite serviceable though.

I'm too dumb to patch it on my PSP.

I had a guide for patching, but I was too anxious to corrupt my PSP copy.

I still could try it once I've finished the game.

I don't think the game will ever get an official translation. Too old. Too niche. Too much text. Most new fans don't care about it.

Wasn't it planned that the Crossbell games would be re-released for PS4?

7 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

'm too dumb to patch it on my PSP.

I was mainly talking about pc version, especially since it got a couple fanfixes with more coming on the way.

7 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Wasn't it planned that the Crossbell games would be re-released for PS4?

Japan only for now, and i very much doubt they will ever be localized.

Wait, what?

WHAT!?

*Only available for the East Asian markets*

I know why and it's understandable... but still...

Sad Doctor Who GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

So near, yet so far...

I don't have a PS4, nor a Switch. They're there... they're there in freaking Steam! ... region-locked...

Eric Andre GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

---

On a side note, I won't be surprised if SRW T follows suit.

Any subsequent release, of new or even old games, will be a gut punch, I tell ya...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I was mainly talking about pc version, especially since it got a couple fanfixes with more coming on the way.

The patch could also be applied to the PSP as far as I know.

But applying is the part I'm afraid of failing.

I purchased a PSP just because of Crossbell about a year ago, so it's finally the opportunity the PSP can show it's value.

I try avoiding games on my PC since its battery runs out quickly.

I only played Zero on PC (because I couldn't say "No" when a friend of mine made the offer to buy me Zero), and after 1.5 hours the battery was down.

It was annoying to recharge all over again which slowed down my progress.

Done with Mary Skelter!
That was... certainly a ride. The game ended on a slew of wtf moments, but I'm kinda willing to forgive it, because the final boss was pretty hype, and despite all the wtf-ery, it kinda made sense in retrospect. And that music! Holy f***.

Some other highlights:
Kaguya on modern society

tgYqZRR.jpg

Best girl ending

WN4YCC9.jpg

All the gang together

helS9CB.jpg

Also the ending theme is an amalgamation of several pieces of classical music with modern arrangements. And it's awesome.
Here's the people they used pieces from as provided by the end credits:
Frederic Francois Chopin, Johann Pachelbel, Johann Sebastian Bach, Christian Petzold, Georges Bizet, Gioachino Antonio Rossini, Georg Friedrich Händel, Ludwig van Beethoven
I didn't expect to hear the words "I don't wanna die no more" to the melody of "Freude, schöner Götterfunken", that's for sure.

I'll spare you a full review as I pretty much gave my full thoughts while playing the game. Safe to say, it did redeem itself in the end, though it falls short of my S-tier on account of several out of nowhere ass pulls.
And with how the ending went, I seriously wonder how the f*** they made a sequel. Unless they pulled a Re;Birth 2 and set the entire thing in a new continuity.

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Did you like that crazy good sword Adol started with? Too bad he lost it. Then again, crap like this tends to happen in Ys.

I liked that sword, yes. I hoped he'd keep it, but alas...
On that note, I played some more Ys yesterday. I just can't get used to the combat system.

13 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

646158815506726914.png?v=1

Who made Mordi sad?

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>Be Shrimpy
>Actually, for once, having a pretty good time with CS

Okay, if the apocalypse starts happening, please inform me at once so I can prepare for it.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

On that note, I played some more Ys yesterday. I just can't get used to the combat system.

You aren't fond of action games i take it?

Okay, if the apocalypse starts happening, please inform me at once so I can prepare for it.

You can thank the bad music for killing my enjoyment :p

Who made Mordi sad?

No... no mor

8 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I'm too dumb to patch it on my PSP.

There's a pre-patched version.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Nah, i actually expect these to get localized. Only reason we didn't get OG Crossbell is because some Chinese company has the PC rights to Ao but that shouldn't matter for the remasters.

But if Hajimari gets localized first, then yeah, RIP official English Crossbell.

Also the ending theme is an amalgamation of several pieces of classical music with modern arrangements. And it's awesome.
Here's the people they used pieces from as provided by the end credits:
Frederic Francois Chopin, Johann Pachelbel, Johann Sebastian Bach, Christian Petzold, Georges Bizet, Gioachino Antonio Rossini, Georg Friedrich Händel, Ludwig van Beethoven
I didn't expect to hear the words "I don't wanna die no more" to the melody of "Freude, schöner Götterfunken", that's for sure.

This is where you can tell i haven't listened to a lot of classical music because i couldn't pick up on the melodies, also i don't know any of those names apart from Beethoven, which doesn't count because everyone knows Beethoven.

Bold: It's not the same thing at all but that reminds me of when the 12th Doctor played Beethoven's Fifth (or the intro anyway) on electric guitar after explaining the Bootstrap Paradox.

Nah, the apocalypse will only happen when i willingly buy an Animal Crossing game.

Edited by Armagon

12 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I never ended up beating Gladiator Orion (not without trying), maybe I'll get to that at some point soon.

Orion is easily one of the harder Unique Monster's of the game, considering there are others that are supposed to be tougher, they really aren't.

This being mentioned reminded me of how long it took me to beat him for the first time.

I wasn't intelligent enough to realise that, when he made fire on the ground, it burned me, which contributed to a lot of deaths that shouldn't have been.

Edited by lightcosmo

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Orion is easily one of the harder Unique Monster's of the game, considering there are others that are supposed to be tougher, they really aren't.

I beat him on my first try.

I can see how Orion can be one of the more challenging Superbosses though, even if he isn't the highest-leveled. True Barred Counter really hurts, especially since there's no way to tell your party members to stop attacking.

You aren't fond of action games i take it?

It's not that I'm not fond of them (I mean, Nights of Azure is my favorite game ever and that one is an action RPG through and through, and I like Tales and Shining Resonance, both action RPGs, as well), but I just can't seem to get used to Ys VIII's style, cool in concept as it may be.
Though I've said before that I suck at action games (and not much has changed since I first said it), so that might be part of that.

You can thank the bad music for killing my enjoyment 😛

Crisis averted.
On the subject of CS3:
vq64rZB.jpg
I like to imagine Airgetlam and Claiomh Solais are so vulgar that they had to censor them like so.

No... no mor

I legit thought it was a typo at first when she said it, but then I realized it's her verbal tic when it happened repeatedly.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This is where you can tell i haven't listened to a lot of classical music because i couldn't pick up on the melodies, also i don't know any of those names apart from Beethoven, which doesn't count because everyone knows Beethoven.

I didn't recognize many of the melodies, either. I do know a lot of the names though.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Nah, the apocalypse will only happen when i willingly buy an Animal Crossing game.

You are perhaps the first person I know who absolutely hates that series.

---

A random question, perhaps, but, in you guys' opinion, what is the weirdest or most unfitting music you've ever heard in a game?
For me it has to be one specific track from Conception II. Imagine this: a cool NPC character, who developed a friendly rivalry with the main character, suddenly turns into a monster and goes berserk, forcing you to put him down. And the battle theme is this. The best part? It plays again for the first form of the final boss. What the hell?
I mean, the music is still good, but it just doesn't fit important, emotional battles like that.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's not that I hate it (though I like to joke that I do), it's just I find it vastly inferior to other life sims. A big reason is it's over-reliance on irl time.

Well, I'll at least admit the customization is pretty cool.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

A random question, perhaps, but, in you guys' opinion, what is the weirdest or most unfitting music you've ever heard in a game?

Xenoblade X has this banger of a song as the menu theme of something you'll spend like 5 seconds on at most.

It does play in some cutscenes as well but I just find it hilarious that Sawano said "yes, this is a menu theme".

3 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I still have to patch it to my JP PSP copy, and I have no clue of patching console games.

If I used a guide, I'd likely mess up and destroy my hard copy.

Oh, are you not using a PSP emulator?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:
''Rean is ours, fucker.'' -Lammy
''No, he is ours, mofo, gtfo'' -Sammy

Yeah, kinda like that. XD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It's not that I hate it (though I like to joke that I do), it's just I find it vastly inferior to other life sims. A big reason is it's over-reliance on irl time.

I see, I see.
I haven't played a single Animal Crossing game in my life. I just never found it that appealing.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade X has this banger of a song as the menu theme of something you'll spend like 5 seconds on at most.

That is perhaps the best menu theme I've ever heard. I'd say it'd fit better as an Opening or Ending theme.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's not that I'm not fond of them (I mean, Nights of Azure is my favorite game ever and that one is an action RPG through and through, and I like Tales and Shining Resonance, both action RPGs, as well), but I just can't seem to get used to Ys VIII's style, cool in concept as it may be.
Though I've said before that I suck at action games (and not much has changed since I first said it), so that might be part of that.

Crisis averted.
On the subject of CS3:
vq64rZB.jpg
I like to imagine Airgetlam and Claiomh Solais are so vulgar that they had to censor them like so.

I legit thought it was a typo at first when she said it, but then I realized it's her verbal tic when it happened repeatedly.

I didn't recognize many of the melodies, either. I do know a lot of the names though.

---

For me it has to be one specific track from Conception II. Imagine this: a cool NPC character, who developed a friendly rivalry with the main character, suddenly turns into a monster and goes berserk, forcing you to put him down. And the battle theme is this. The best part? It plays again for the first form of the final boss. What the hell?
I mean, the music is still good, but it just doesn't fit important, emotional battles like that.

Ah yes Conception II. That was a weird game.

Euhm, first thing that comes to mind is the Wub wub wub ost from FE 3H. I mean it kind off fits and doesn’t fit.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, what?

WHAT!?

*Only available for the East Asian markets*

I know why and it's understandable... but still...

Sad Doctor Who GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

So near, yet so far...

I don't have a PS4, nor a Switch. They're there... they're there in freaking Steam! ... region-locked...

Eric Andre GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

---

On a side note, I won't be surprised if SRW T follows suit.

Any subsequent release, of new or even old games, will be a gut punch, I tell ya...

honestly, piracy in that case is 200% acceptable

you can also pirate them and then buy the console version to support them or something

Edited by Shrimperor

I try to avoid doing piracy in any regard including videogames.

Playing on consoles is much more preferable than on PC for me anyways.

Judgral and GBA parts are the only exception.

BTW Hajimari will come out in Japan on 27th August.

As far as I know I should have played Cold Steel III and IV first, so I can sweeten the waiting time.

Edited by Falcom Knight