The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

They are pretty easy to get though. Just 2 mob battles should give you the five points

Do enemies respawn once they're defeated?

Nevermind: I could do it.

I didn't know Altina is supposed to be a caster, but I kept her out of the boss's attack range which was enough for succeeding.

Edited by Falcom Knight

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

So i have made an adjustment to my Godzilla and King Kong marathon. I have kicked Mighty Kong off the list due to the fact that i refuse to even call it a movie.

As such, here are the updated rankings, with the newly added Godzilla vs Destoroyah

Screenshot_2189_1.png?width=474&height=4

Screenshot_2190_1.png?width=712&height=4

And with that, Heisei Godzilla is compelete. Apart from Return of Godzilla, the Heisei series delivered with every movie imo.

Btw

Destoroyah_0.jpg?width=431&height=431

I would love to see a MonsterVerse take on Destoroyah.

Finished Blanny's story earlier. Next up is either Neptune's or Vert's.
Chronologically, Neptune's makes the most sense I think, but we'll see.

o5IzTIg.jpg
Rom, Ram, Blanc in Next Form, and C-Sha vs. .... C-Sha.
Because DragonFlames + New Game Plus goes "f*** logic".

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I didn't know Altina is supposed to be a caster

That tripped me up at first, too. It took me until the second half of the game to realize that her Master Quartz and stat spread was better suited for casting than attacking physically.
But her Arts do pack quite a punch with the right setup. Sadly, that setup is only possible quite late into the game and it takes a lot of Quartz synthesis to do it.

Edited by DragonFlames

Seeing these Xenoblade images makes me wonder when the world will be ready for HD Mumkhar... Or at least an HD version of this.

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I would love to see a MonsterVerse take on Destoroyah.

I admit that I was expecting KotM to have a Destoroyah tease after the credits. Depending on where the MonsterVerse goes in the future, it might retroactively be a Destoroyah tease. What made Godzilla vs. Destoroyah your favorite film so far?

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I didn't know Altina is supposed to be a caster, but I kept her out of the boss's attack range which was enough for succeeding.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

That tripped me up at first, too. It took me until the second half of the game to realize that her Master Quartz and stat spread was better suited for casting than attacking physically.
But her Arts do pack quite a punch with the right setup. Sadly, that setup is only possible quite late into the game and it takes a lot of Quartz synthesis to do it

Trails 101: Long Art lines = Caster, Short multipe Art lines = physical.

Altina has a 6-1 line, That's a sure sign of a caster. The only thing better are straight 7/8 lines (Kloe, Olivier and Renne in Sky, Tio in Crossbell and Emma in CS).

Although i can understand the confusion with Altina since Millium is a physical beast haha

Edited by Shrimperor

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Trails 101: Long Art lines = Caster, Short multipe Art lines = physical.

Altina has a 6-1 line, That's a sure sign of a caster. The only thing better are straight 7/8 lines (Kloe, Olivier and Renne in Sky, Tio in Crossbell and Emma in CS).

Although i can understand the confusion with Altina since Millium is a physical beast haha

So THAT's what those line things in the Arcus unit menus are all about. I was always wondering if the different line lengths (and numbers) served any purpose or not. Then I came to the conclusion that they didn't and were just there to make 'em look pretty, but I guess I was entirely wrong on that one.
Thank you for the info! I would have legit never figured this out on my own.
This will make deciding who does what during battle and who to give what Quartz to in future games in the series soooo much easier.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So THAT's what those line things in the Arcus unit menus are all about. I was always wondering if the different line lengths (and numbers) served any purpose or not. Then I came to the conclusion that they didn't and were just there to make 'em look pretty, but I guess I was entirely wrong on that one.

They used to serve a much bigger purpose in the older games: mainly, longer lines = much much better access to Arts, since Arts back then were given by Sepith count combinations. 

For example: Attack 1 Quartz gave 1 Fire Sepith count, which gave access to Fire bolt and Forte. Attack 3 gave 5 Fire. EP Cut 3 gave 5 Space, 3 Mirage and 3 Time. You had to combine the quartz setup in a certain way to get the Arts you want. And longer lines = easier combination since all Sepith counts went to a single line, while with shorter lines your sepith count got split apart and thus couldn't get access to arts.

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

For example: Attack 1 Quartz gave 1 Fire Sepith count, which gave access to Fire bolt and Forte. Attack 3 gave 5 Fire. EP Cut 3 gave 5 Space, 3 Mirage and 3 Time. You had to combine the quartz setup in a certain way to get the Arts you want. And longer lines = easier combination since all Sepith counts went to a single line, while with shorter lines your sepith count got split apart and thus couldn't get access to arts.

As complicated as that sounds on the surface at first, I can imagine this added way more depth to the system, making you really think about what Quartz to equip, whereas in CS, you can just slap the most gamebreaking stuff on there and see what happens with little to no repercussions (lol at my Kurt setup); the only thing tying you down is that some slots can only be occupied by specific elements.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

As complicated as that sounds on the surface at first, I can imagine this added way more depth to the system, making you really think about what Quartz to equip, whereas in CS, you can just slap the most gamebreaking stuff on there and see what happens with little to no repercussions (lol at my Kurt setup); the only thing tying you down is that some slots can only be occupied by specific elements.

Yup. It's why i always complain about modern quartz system so much. In older games you couldn't also stack same type quartz on one person to just buff a certain stat to the heavens (like you did with Evasion lol). Tbf though, Quartz back then gave precantage based buffs. So Attack 1 one gave +3% STR/-1% Def, Mind 5 +15% ATS/-5%ADF, etc.

It honestly isn't that complicated, since at the start of the game you don't have access to much and you slowly build your Quartz setups up.

Here're some pics to illustrate the System

Here we see Schera, she has a 6-1 Line, just like Altina, she can get access to alot, but she's a few sepith counts away from accessing even stronger stuff. Sepith Count/Elemental value can be seen at the top right

Spoiler

SqKKibd.jpg

On the other hand, Agate. He has 3 short lines, and can barely get support arts with his his sepith count being split apart like this

Spoiler

AKd45eG.jpg

Then we have Olivier with a straight 7. He can pretty much access almost everything, even if the Mirage lock holds him back a bit. I also put a picture there of the Elemental Value EP 5 gives

Spoiler

xXjj379.jpg
LXELnYz.jpg

See how Silver Thorn needs 20 Mirage, 12 Space and 4 Time for example? It isn't that easy to get due to that, even with super long art lines, so if you want it, you have to set it up in a certain way.

Some Arts even require something like 25 Element 1, 12 Element 2 and 10 Element 3 haha. It can get crazy, but i always found the Quartztetris fun

Some more pictures of Arts and Quartz fun

Spoiler

UDVyilO.jpg

2VT9KHp.jpg

UoOiyt1.jpg

joCfdtN.jpg

uJYQMpF.png

HAXSdxh.png

Edited by Shrimperor

also @DragonFlamesummm

Why is your Kurt so slow xD

Mine is lvl 16 and he has 76 SPD xD

And i could even get him to 93 if i want now, but i need his current Equipment/Quartz combination for something else

Here's my current equipment, which makes him use his buff 24/7

Spoiler

S5sJfnV.png

hVEfs6s.png

if i didn't want to run perma +50% buff Kurt, i could easily change it to this

Spoiler

QrPV4yO.png

And later on when i get more stronger quart combination i probably will haha

Edit: now that i think about it, if i could get Chrono drive SR i can have him at 101 speed...

later, later, when i get more sepith and access to everything xD

Edited by Shrimperor

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I admit that I was expecting KotM to have a Destoroyah tease after the credits. Depending on where the MonsterVerse goes in the future, it might retroactively be a Destoroyah tease.

The fact that the Oxygen Destroyer was used in KotM does allow Destoroyah to fit in. I think it'll also be interesting to see a more artificial Kaiju in the MonsterVerse, where all the other Kaiju are portrayed as these mythic beings that have existed for thousands of millenia.

Although a toy leak regarding Godzilla vs Kong seems to confirm that

Spoiler

MechaGodzilla will be in so there's our artificial Kaiju

which makes sense given the credit teases. 

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

What made Godzilla vs. Destoroyah your favorite film so far?

I liked the slow buildup to Destoroyah. Unlike most of Godzilla's foes throughout the Heisei series who show up in full force right out of the gate, Destoroyah takes it slow and has kinda a horror thing going on when the G-Force first fights it in the warehouse. The Burning Godzilla plot-point was cool, though i will admit i wish they explained why Godzilla was Burning in the first place. The stuff with Godzilla Junior and of course, the message this movie had about humanitiy's inevitably when it comes to weapons. When Serizawa sacrifices himself in the original film, it was to both kill Godzilla and to ensure the knowledge of the Oxygen Destoryer would never come out. But in vs Destoroyah, not only do you have a scientisist who comes up with something very similar but you also have Destoroyah, who was born from the same Oxygen Destoroyer used in the original 1954 film. Also, Destoroyah is one of the scariest Kaiju. Right up there with Legendary/MonsterVerse Ghidorah and Shin Godzilla.

The only real negative thing i can say about vs Destoroyah is that the human characters still aren't that interesting. But i've come to accept this as a fact about the franchise. The focus is always gonna be on the Kaiju so it's better to have the human characters at least serviciable (although more personal stories like seen in Against MechaGodzilla would be great). That's something the lower movies on my rankings fail at (i'd say anything below the original King Kong on my list), with the degree being worse the lower you go.

On a more general note, i did like how each Kaiju Godzilla fought was related to him in some way. Both Biollante and SpaceGodzilla were born from Godzilla's own cells. MechaGodzilla is self-explanatory. And Destoroyah was the physical embodiment of the thing that killed the 1954 Godzilla. Only Mothra, Battra and King Ghidorah lack that direct connection to Godzilla. And while we're here, the more Godzilla movies i watch, the more i come to appreicate King of the Monsters more. For example, in King of the Monsters

Spoiler

taking Burning Godzilla from something that would've ended the world to something that saved it was neat twist. As was Serizawa'a sacrifice. 1954 Serizawa sacrificed himself to kill Godzilla while 2019 sacrificied himself to save Godzilla. But both did it with the intent of saving humanity.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Not gonna lie, i thought the same thing. I mean, for the connected lines, i knew you couldn't unlock them out of order but other than that, i thought it was just there to look nice.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, the old Quartz system had a lot more depth to it. To the point where there was a whole manual detailing each and every combination (have fun reading that in the Crossbell games). 

That said, i'm one of the three people who prefer the modern Quartz system, simply because i like knowing what i'm actually getting. I  ado think both methods can be combined though. Imagine the next Quartz system, you can combine Quartz like in Sky and Crossbell but there's also specific Quartz that give you the Arts upon equipping them and these Arts are exclusive to that Quarts; you can't get them by combining normally.

Edited by Armagon

Our internet keeps dying today for no reason.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup. It's why i always complain about modern quartz system so much. In older games you couldn't also stack same type quartz on one person to just buff a certain stat to the heavens (like you did with Evasion lol). Tbf though, Quartz back then gave precantage based buffs. So Attack 1 one gave +3% STR/-1% Def, Mind 5 +15% ATS/-5%ADF, etc.

It honestly isn't that complicated, since at the start of the game you don't have access to much and you slowly build your Quartz setups up.

Here're some pics to illustrate the System

Here we see Schera, she has a 6-1 Line, just like Altina, she can get access to alot, but she's a few sepith counts away from accessing even stronger stuff. Sepith Count/Elemental value can be seen at the top right

Reveal hidden contents

SqKKibd.jpg

On the other hand, Agate. He has 3 short lines, and can barely get support arts with his his sepith count being split apart like this

Reveal hidden contents

AKd45eG.jpg

Then we have Olivier with a straight 7. He can pretty much access almost everything, even if the Mirage lock holds him back a bit. I also put a picture there of the Elemental Value EP 5 gives

Reveal hidden contents

xXjj379.jpg
LXELnYz.jpg

See how Silver Thorn needs 20 Mirage, 12 Space and 4 Time for example? It isn't that easy to get due to that, even with super long art lines, so if you want it, you have to set it up in a certain way.

Some Arts even require something like 25 Element 1, 12 Element 2 and 10 Element 3 haha. It can get crazy, but i always found the Quartztetris fun

Some more pictures of Arts and Quartz fun

Reveal hidden contents

UDVyilO.jpg

2VT9KHp.jpg

UoOiyt1.jpg

joCfdtN.jpg

uJYQMpF.png

HAXSdxh.png

That looks so much fun to play around with. Sad Cs got rid of it.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

also @DragonFlamesummm

Why is your Kurt so slow xD

Mine is lvl 16 and he has 76 SPD xD

And i could even get him to 93 if i want now, but i need his current Equipment/Quartz combination for something else

That is because everyone in CS3 is Armor Knights, meaning Speed level-ups are rare to practically non-existent.
And because I didn't focus on Kurt's Speed at all with his equipment. I put everything into his Evasion stat to take advantage of his starting Master Quartz' special property that boosts damage on evasion counters (and said damage can be higher than what you can do with S-Crafts sometimes).
I think the highest Speed stat I saw was 130+ or something on Fie, and that was with all Speed-boosting Quartz I could get my hands on (though without buffs).

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not gonna lie, i thought the same thing. I mean, for the connected lines, i knew you couldn't unlock them out of order but other than that, i thought it was just there to look nice.

Right? As I said, I would never have figured that it had that kind of purpose.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That said, i'm one of the three people who prefer the modern Quartz system, simply because i like knowing what i'm actually getting. I  ado think both methods can be combined though. Imagine the next Quartz system, you can combine Quartz like in Sky and Crossbell but there's also specific Quartz that give you the Arts upon equipping them and these Arts are exclusive to that Quarts; you can't get them by combining normally.

That does sound pretty good!

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That is because everyone in CS3 is Armor Knights, meaning Speed level-ups are rare to practically non-existent.

they lvl up spd every 2nd to every 3rd lvl though. You just gotta equip your spead items xD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And because I didn't focus on Kurt's Speed at all with his equipment. I put everything into his Evasion stat to take advantage of his starting Master Quartz' special property that boosts damage on evasion counters (and said damage can be higher than what you can do with S-Crafts sometimes).
I think the highest Speed stat I saw was 130+ or something on Fie, and that was with all Speed-boosting Quartz I could get my hands on (though without buffs).

sounds like classic Fie xD

130 SPD 100 Evasion

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Honest to God, i never actually payed attention to the level-ups in Trails. Or any turn-based RPG for that matter. Because stat-increasing abilities are pretty much a given, the level ups aren't as important as they are in say, Fire Emblem.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

they lvl up spd every 2nd to every 3rd lvl though. You just gotta equip your spead items xD

In CS3, it was either Speed or Evasion. At least with the resources I had. Or the game just nerfed equipment and Quartz bonuses for these two stats in particular.
Or I just sucked. That is a distinct possibility, too.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

sounds like classic Fie xD

130 SPD 100 Evasion

That part with the 100 Evasion was sadly impossible for me to put on her on top of the Speed for the reasons stated earlier.
This was her in CS2, though.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Honest to God, i never actually payed attention to the level-ups in Trails. Or any turn-based RPG for that matter. Because stat-increasing abilities are pretty much a given, the level ups aren't as important as they are in say, Fire Emblem.

I just noticed it because the characters kept not getting any speed upon leveling, which I found odd enough to pay attention to it. In other JRPGs, I also use stat gains on level ups to determine what role each character should fulfill and distribute equipment accordingly. Though this only happens if I have no clue who should get/do what in my party.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

In CS3, it was either Speed or Evasion. At least with the resources I had. Or the game just nerfed equipment and Quartz bonuses for these two stats in particular.

Speed Quartz and equipment are just as strong as in CS1/2. Dunno about evasion though since the mod i am using nerfed it to the ground haha

Like Evade 1 gives 2% evasion in the mod lol

Edited by Shrimperor

Speed Quartz and equipment are just as strong as in CS1/2. Dunno about evasion though since the mod i am using nerfed it to the ground haha

Like Evade 1 gives 2% evasion in the mod lol

If I remember correctly, using only Quartz, you could only get to ~28-33% Evasion. I had to do the rest with equipment and Master Quartz boosts.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

If I remember correctly, using only Quartz, you could only get to ~28-33% Evasion. I had to do the rest with equipment and Master Quartz boosts.

i see i see. Probably when i play a bit more xD

Anyway, give your poor Vander some speed xD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Anyway, give your poor Vander some speed xD

Funny thing is, he was still the fastest member of my "main" squad, consisting of him, Professor fujo-bait, Juna, and Altina.
Though I will keep this in mind for CS4. Definitely. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Funny thing is, he was still the fastest member of my squad.
Though I will keep this in mind for CS4. Definitely. XD

Trails 101: Like fire Emblem, SPD is the most important stat in Trails

My current Party at Lvl 16 has ~80 SPD xD, so seeing yours at 45 have the same speed made me go ??? xD

Trails 101: Like fire Emblem, SPD is the most important stat in Trails

That's every JRPG with a turn-based battle system, though.
Neptunia, Persona, Etrian Odyssey, they're all the same on that front.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

My current Party at Lvl 16 has ~80 SPD xD, so seeing yours at 45 have the same speed made me go ??? xD

I wanted to pretend it's the lack of speed gains on level ups, but alas...
Though I never felt like my characters were particularly slow.