The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

26 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Who is the girl in your avatar?

Elly (Elehayym Van Houten is her full name) from Xenogears. My pfp is specifically taken from fanart drawn for Xenogears' 20th anniversary two years ago.

Elly was the original Xeno love interest and the Fei/Elly romance is genuianly one of the best, if not the best romantic relationship in any JRPG imo.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Everyone decided to coordinate with girls in their avis now?

Well, here's a mecha to c-c-c-combo break.

Mine does pilot a mecha

Xeno-vierge.png?width=210&height=431

This is the best Gear in Xenogears that isn't the Xenogears. Equipping the Vierge with Ether Doublers makes it busted.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I could always go back to a dragon to suit my name, but I decided "Nope. Girl with a creepy/hilarious face it is!"

What you do is have Tiki or another Manakete as your pfp. You check both of the dragon and anime girl checkmarks in one go. That's the big brain play.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

What you do is have Tiki or another Manakete as your pfp. You check both of the dragon and anime girl checkmarks in one go. That's the big brain play.

That's a level of big brain strats I am unworthy for.
I could also always have one of the characters from Dragon Star Varnir there, as they have dragons inside them, now that I think about it...

But on the other hand, Nepgya has kind of become my profile's "mascot", if you will.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But on the other hand, Nepgya has kind of become my profile's "mascot", if you will.

What really happened is that Nepgya has taken over you.

I mean, one of her idle lines in the English dub is something along the lines of "who should i posses next" or something like that.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Heh, I suppose if I wanted to, I could do the same. Like, changing my avi to that of the Valsione.

Don't be fooled, it is a pilotable mecha, not a robot girl.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What really happened is that Nepgya has taken over you.

So you found out. I have no choice but to make funny faces at you now... NEPGYAAAAA!

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, one of her idle lines in the English dub is something along the lines of "who should i posses next" or something like that.

I never had Nepgya in the lead, so I haven't heard it yet, but that's hilarious. Also scary.
Nepgya has some really funny lines just in general. The "watch you sleep" thing in my location, for example, comes from her bonus voice clips.

20 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

On the topic of casters with strong spells, one note on CS3 from a total noob: I can recommend getting the Art Albion Wolf (it's the highest level Mirage Art in CS3) on at least one caster you might use (best on those with a focus on Mirage-type Arts, obviously). Aesthetically, it's my absolute favorite skill in the CS games and it's really strong, too: it removes all buffs from enemies before applying the damage.

So it's good to sock enemies in the gut with? :awesome:

Also, just started playing Dragalia Lost, and I'm at a loading screen where I get to choose a 5 star adventurer. Are the ones I don't pick summonable?

That moment when you watch someone's video here on SF and these are your suggested videos after it's done playing:

image.png.066aef194c5fb32fe4718700ed7968ec.png

30 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

So it's good to sock enemies in the gut with? :awesome:

If that gut is the enemy's entire body, their friends' bodies and an entire forest that appears out of nowhere only to get wiped out, then yes. Yes, it is. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If that gut is the enemy's entire body, their friends' bodies and an entire forest that appears out of nowhere only to get wiped out, then yes. Yes, it is. XD

Sounds good to me. XD

And once again, for those of you familiar with Dragalia Lost, are the adventurers on the screen where you can pick one of them for an ally summonable?

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

That moment when you watch someone's video here on SF and these are your suggested videos after it's done playing:

image.png.066aef194c5fb32fe4718700ed7968ec.png

Why are they suggesting that crap?? I'd suggest stuff like this instead:

14 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Why are they suggesting that crap?? I'd suggest stuff like this instead:

One does not simply call Beethoven's 9th, Mahler's 2nd or Ma Vlast, crap.

This is why nobody likes my taste in music...

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Elly (Elehayym Van Houten is her full name) from Xenogears. My pfp is specifically taken from fanart drawn for Xenogears' 20th anniversary two years ago.

Elly was the original Xeno love interest and the Fei/Elly romance is genuianly one of the best, if not the best romantic relationship in any JRPG imo.

Mine does pilot a mecha

Xeno-vierge.png?width=210&height=431

This is the best Gear in Xenogears that isn't the Xenogears. Equipping the Vierge with Ether Doublers makes it busted.

Ah the PS1 game. I remember hearing some good stuff about it but also that it was sadly rushed.

56 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sorry - I just don't much care for music that's not video game music.

13 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Sorry - I just don't much care for music that's not video game music.

It's fine, I was mostly joking.

2 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

@Strullemia: are you doing NG+ on Trials of Mana, or are you going with a fresh file?

Still need to do some of the Post-Game content (just unlocked the fourth tier classes) and then I'll try NG+. Depending on what carries over and how the game handles NG+ I might change my mind and go with a fresh file. 

Well, Hispania's current emperor got to live to his mid-eighties. That was certainly a long life. Now I'm playing as his grandson. Not long after the Shia attmepted another Jihad for Egypt, which I promptly joined in the defenders' side. Ugh, too bad the character doesn't have the Alexander bloodline. Could've tried to wrestle another kingdom-tier title from the Abbasid. Soon, though, he can have a grandson who will have the bloodline. However, inheritance order might strike against me... would I dare go the kinslaying route? Because that's how you can go the kinslaying route...

Ah well, still a long time to avoid having to resort to that. So, it's less than ten years before the Pope calls forth the next crusade. I wonder what will it be... Syria would be my guess. For now, though, will put a stop for another day.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

I do like some classical stuff, I'm up for attending free little concerts and performances to hear it live. Recordings don't convey the full power of classical music, you have to be in the room and feel the sound coming at you, hear the little details lost through the filter of an electronic speaker you'd never otherwise know existed.

Of course, lacking any education in music... theory is the term for formal instruction in the technical details of music?- I can't fully appreciate classical I think. I can't admire a composer's weaving of staccato into a 3/4s rhythm with a solid bass line if I have no idea what any of that means. And with classical music, it stands for itself, with classical composed for a video game, I can attach it to something more understandable. Pure classical (barring that found in ballets and operas) has no corporeal body, I must understand these with no physical context, only as an expression of the complex formulae that underlie all music.

Though for a take on "classical" music I've heard in games recently, Civilization VI has used mostly folk music for its largely ambient soundtrack. Each civilization having a distinct theme composed of one, maybe two compositions related in some way to them, which are given an updated rendition every two world eras that pass ingame, for a total of four renditions of the same theme.

For Greece, they use versions of the Seikilos Epitaph- the oldest known complete work of music to exist.:

Phoenicia and Sumeria both use Hurrian Hymn to Nikkal no. 6, which predates the Seilikos Epitaph, but isn't entirely intact, only mostly. And because we don't understand ancient Near East music notation very well, there are radically different modern interpretations of what the unknown ancient composer actually wrote down.

My favorite music so far, I haven't played as everyone yet, is either the Maori's theme, or Georgia's:

Most out-of-place goes to this:

So happy, which isn't what comes to mind when Shaka Zulu is made for making for war and nothing else. Can you envision conquering cities in rapid succession stabbing the opposition to death with your hordes of Impi to this?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do like some classical stuff, I'm up for attending free little concerts and performances to hear it live. Recordings don't convey the full power of classical music, you have to be in the room and feel the sound coming at you, hear the little details lost through the filter of an electronic speaker you'd never otherwise know existed.

Indeed-I'd always thought the 1812 overture to be a decent piece until I played it with my region's orchestra-I fell in love with it then, but it's ruined all of the recordings for me.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of course, lacking any education in music... theory is the term for formal instruction in the technical details of music?- I can't fully appreciate classical I think. I can't admire a composer's weaving of staccato into a 3/4s rhythm with a solid bass line if I have no idea what any of that means. And with classical music, it stands for itself, with classical composed for a video game, I can attach it to something more understandable. Pure classical (barring that found in ballets and operas) has no corporeal body, I must understand these with no physical context, only as an expression of the complex formulae that underlie all music.

Theory is indeed the proper term.

Even as a musician I hardly pay attention to the techniques the composer used; I just like listening to it.

But no, classical's not everyone's cup of tea; there is many pieces that have stories and stuff to go along with them, (Symphonic poems, some symphonies, etc.) but it is definitely a niche genre.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, can't forget the resident Beethoven fanboy... was he?

Kaworu is introduced by humming Beethoven before he even says any dialogue, so I assume he was.