The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Kaworu is introduced by humming Beethoven before he even says any dialogue, so I assume he was.

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure if it was just Beethoven or he liked classic in general.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure if it was just Beethoven or he liked classic in general.

Kaworu says that music is the highest cultural achievement of the Lilin, so it's plausible that he likes a variety of classical music.

Speaking of Evangelion, while double checking that Kaworu was humming Beethoven, I found that Netflix's rating for the show and related movies was changed from TV-14 to TV-MA at some point. While this is more accurate and might prevent unsuspecting viewers from being traumatized, it means I unfortunately can no longer tell anyone that The End of Evangelion is more family friendly than Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies.

(For the uninitiated, Dual Destinies has an M rating despite not being much more "mature" than the other Ace Attorney games.)

On a side-note, I'm reminded of the slight disappointment I have that the original Evangelion hasn't been in SRW in a long while. Rebuild is all the rage these past few years. The fact it hasn't ended didn't even stopped them, pft.

I feel the same thing with Macross. The original has also never seen much use. Meanwhile, Frontier was used for like eight games straight. Though for now it's been put to rest.

I suppose those things happen. Oh well. Maybe someday they may make surprise reappearances or something...

---

Ah, I wanted to start DQV today... guess it won't happen now. Too late of night for that.

I got distracted since I signed up for online courses that will pretty much replace my apprenticeship. At least while the whole Covid business is on. I guess it will simply be the technical stuff since how the heck can you operate CNC machinery online... and I doubt they have VR technology for that, pft...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

"Oh no! That ninja scattered naughty books around! I know! I'll just close my eyes, so I can't see them!"
*closes eyes*
"Oh no! I can't see anything! SOMEBODY HELP!!!"
*DragonFlames laughing his ass off in the distance*

@Armagon I put Nepgya in the lead while in a dungeon and she indeed says that line you mentioned about possessing people if you leave her idle for long enough.
More specifically, she says: "Who should I possess next time to make them do this face?".

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

"Oh no! That ninja scattered naughty books around! I know! I'll just close my eyes, so I can't see them!"
*closes eyes*
"Oh no! I can't see anything! SOMEBODY HELP!!!"
*DragonFlames laughing his ass off in the distance*

This part was very funny to watch to me, as well!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

It's one of the funniest scenes in the entire series, in my opinion.

Yeah, Steamax, I believe his name is? His character makes that scene funny as well.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, Steamax, I believe his name is? His character makes that scene funny as well.

Yup, his name is Steamax. And I agree with you.
I like him and Affimojas, they are really entertaining. I kinda wish at least Steamax was playable, too.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup, his name is Steamax. And I agree with you.
I like him and Affimojas, they are really entertaining. I kinda wish at least Steamax was playable, too.

I just think his interactions with your characters is a lot more in depth, than on the surface of him just being "there".

I'm not saying he's the most complex character or anything, but a bit more than I initially thought, for sure. I was surprised, to say the least.

>be me
>wake up 9
>nothing to do
>take medicine and eat breakfast
>go back to bed
>sit there until 3pm
>leave bed
>still nothing to do
>make lunch

Life_in_Corona_Times.png

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I just think his interactions with your characters is a lot more in depth, than on the surface of him just being "there".

Absolutely true. I found his friendship with Affimojas to be really well written, too.
And that's exactly what made me like the Neptunia series from the moment I first played Re;Birth 1. The characters are much more than what they appear to be on the surface.
Take Neptune, for example. You'll first see her as this 4th wall breaking, fun-loving jokester who doesn't like to work, but when you get to know her better, you'll see that she's always ready to lend a helping hand, cares for her friends, genuinely loves and cares for her little sister Nepgear, and wishes for happiness for everyone (well, except in Re;Birth 3, where they decided to assassinate this aspect of her character by playing up her laziness).

XqZrNJF.jpg
It's stuff like this that makes her one of my favorite video game characters.

... And I'm gushing again. Apologies.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

>be me
>wake up 9
>nothing to do
>take medicine and eat breakfast
>go back to bed
>sit there until 3pm
>leave bed
>still nothing to do
>make lunch

Life_in_Corona_Times.png

Tutturu~!

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

You'll first see her as this 4th wall breaking, fun-loving jokester who doesn't like to work, but when you get to know her better, you'll see that she's always ready to lend a helping hand, cares for her friends, genuinely loves and cares for her little sister Nepgear, and wishes for happiness for everyone

Neptune is basically a Hero of Justice...

who somehow became a leader of a nation. 

reminds me of another one of my oneshots.

I need to do that Neptune character analysis someday, but it will be a big wall of text and i am too lazy lol

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Absolutely true. I found his friendship with Affimojas to be really well written, too.
And that's exactly what made me like the Neptunia series from the moment I first played Re;Birth 1. The characters are much more than what they appear to be on the surface.
Take Neptune, for example. You'll first see her as this 4th wall breaking, fun-loving jokester who doesn't like to work, but when you get to know her better, you'll see that she's always ready to lend a helping hand, cares for her friends, genuinely loves and cares for her little sister Nepgear, and wishes for happiness for everyone (well, except in Re;Birth 3, where they decided to assassinate this aspect of her character by playing up her laziness).

XqZrNJF.jpg

Yeah, playing Neptunia RPG, and playing Megadimension Neptunia, here character is much better in Megadimension, by far. The cast was really great, and pretty well expanded on in their arcs, and even the candidates get quite a bit of screen time, which was impressive as well. I can't summarise it as well as you, but I truly did really like the characters in that game!

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tutturu, my friend!

How are you on this fine wednesday?

Doing okay. A little tired due to having to wake up early for university lectures, but otherwise totally fine.
How about you? CS3 giving you headaches again?

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I need to do that Neptune character analysis someday, but it will be a big wall of text and i am too lazy lol

3kk0nG2.jpg

There, done. XD

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, playing Neptunia RPG, and playing Megadimension Neptunia, here character is much better in Megadimension, by far. The cast was really great, and pretty well expanded on in their arcs, and even the candidates get quite a bit of screen time, which was impressive as well. I can't summarise it as well as you, but I truly did really like the characters in that game!

Glad you enjoyed them!
I've said it before, but even more than the jokes, the characters themselves are the highlight of the Neptunia series for me.

Edited by DragonFlames

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The characters are much more than what they appear to be on the surface.

XqZrNJF.jpg

And yet, she represents SEGA of all companies. It's only slightly less dead than Atari. Barely hanging on with third party development on its old rivals consoles.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Glad you enjoyed them!
I've said it before, but even more than the jokes, the characters themselves are the highlight of the Neptunia series for me.

I can get behind this statement!

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

CS3 giving you headaches again?

yeah.

School section just doesn'T end lol

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There, done. XD

👌

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Megadimension is an amazing game. 

The whole 3 arcs, multi-character focus, Fine gameplay, amazing bosses. I could go on tbh.

It just needed to be a bit more difficult to enter my top 10 games of all time

Edited by Shrimperor

The whole 3 arcs, multi-character focus, Fine gameplay, amazing bosses. I could go on tbh.

I don't mind the difficulty, as it's just right for first-timers, but I just wanted it to keep going, not end where it did!

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I don't mind the difficulty, as it's just right for first-timers, but I just wanted it to keep going, not end where it did!

Soon ™️ we will get next mainline.

We can hope! I wouldnt even mind if it was just an expansion from that one at this point, as long as they could keep the gameplay and such intact, I would be more tha happy with that!

yeah.

School section just doesn'T end lol

It's like school in real life, then.

Whereas for me, it's in my top two, only surpassed by you-know-what, and only because you-know-who drags 1/4th of Act 2 down.
Personally, I think the difficulty is good. Not too easy, not too hard, just the way I like it.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hoping intensifies.

22 minutes ago, Void Emperor said:

And yet, she represents SEGA of all companies. It's only slightly less dead than Atari. Barely hanging on with third party development on its old rivals consoles.

That has been the case since the Neptunia franchise was born, really.
Which makes it all the more funny.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I put Nepgya in the lead while in a dungeon and she indeed says that line you mentioned about possessing people if you leave her idle for long enough.
More specifically, she says: "Who should I possess next time to make them do this face?".

Has some rather......sinister implications, don't you think. What is Nepgya hiding? What does she know that we don't.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Haha..........yeah.

*Meanwhile at Compile Heart* "What if it was a spin-off"

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, so the Xenoblade music toggle has been confirmed. What's even better is that there are two toggles. You can choose if you want the field and cutscene music to be original or remastered while having the separate option of whether you want the battle music to be original or remastered. So you can play with:

• Original field and cutscene music with remastered battle music 
  • Remastered field and cutscene music with original battle music
  • Both remastered
  • Both original

@lightcosmo gets his wish of keeping the original soundtrack.

And in other news, NoA tweeted out this

EWwG2O0WkAAc60P?format=jpg&name=large

Now.....enhance!

IMG_20200429_095028_1.jpg

There he is, that bastard.

Spoiler

SPOILER_1588120555904.jpg

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Alright, so the Xenoblade music toggle has been confirmed. What's even better is that there are two toggles. You can choose if you want the field and cutscene music to be original or remastered while having the separate option of whether you want the battle music to be original or remastered. So you can play with:

• Original field and cutscene music with remastered battle music 
  • Remastered field and cutscene music with original battle music
  • Both remastered
  • Both original

I never played Xenoblade and this is already hype lol

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Meanwhile at Compile Heart* "What if it was a spin-off"

398885964979634197.png?v=1