The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I don't recall 2's Challenge Battles ever dragging. The only one that i can kinda think of is Jin's Battleship Raid (or whatver it was called) but that's because Jin's Arts have slow recharge rates (which makes sense, he can pull off a full Driver Combo with just two Arts).

My average time beating Ken is 45 minutes to an hour, maybe longer. After a while, I dont find that very fun.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

My average time beating Ken is 45 minutes to an hour, maybe longer. After a while, I dont find that very fun.

Well that might be more of a you thing. I mean, while it does require some very specific setups, it is possible to beat Ken in under three minutes on Bringer of Chaos difficulty

Video contains spoilers up until the end of Xenoblade 2 Ch.7

Edited by Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well that might be more of a you thing. I mean, while it does require some very specific setups, it is possible to beat Ken in under three minutes on Bringer of Chaos difficulty

Video contains spoilers up until the end of Xenoblade 2 Ch.7

I'm also considering no chain attacks, etc. More of a casual setup, I wasnt considering "the best setup". Also not counting NG+.

On 5/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, Lightchao42 said:

There is, but I'm playing the Switch version which doesn't have achievements. I just want them all for the sake of completionism.

Figures.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:42 AM, Falcom Knight said:

Reminds me on Ryza....... or Atelier in general.

That's the point. Warriors All-Stars even had a barrel in it. Interacting with it was an achievement, because of course.

You know what I hate? Feeling like I drew this shit hand:

180?cb=20131017021212

This is what is called "bricking". Bricking means getting a shitty hand that you can't do anything of note with; like either getting no monsters or getting high level monsters to start (like the hand pictured above). When I finally got around to summoning in FEH, I got Lissa off of my free summon, which made me feel like I bricked hard, and was disgusted to the point of terminating the summon then and there (I wouldn't complain about this normally, but I had gotten Lissa from a task well before this, and thus my only thought was "Seriously, game? Must you kick me while I'm down?").

In hindsight I should have expected it, but I was surprised that I went through the entire Northern Continent in one go. The Great Glacier caused some issues (besides getting lost, on one occasion Cid was confused into casting Beta on the party), but otherwise it wasn't too bad. Now Cloud is missing and giant monsters roam the land, but on the other hand, now I have an airship! Unfortunately I can't start breeding Chocobos until later.

On another note, alas poor Sapphire Weapon, we hardly knew ye. Maybe one day we'll get to fight you in the Remake continuity.

Godzilla 2014 is mid but i think about this scene a lot

Screenshot_2222.png?width=1016&height=43

Godzilla has another badass kill at the end of King of the Monsters but the screenshots won't really capture it well.

36 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

On another note, alas poor Sapphire Weapon, we hardly knew ye. Maybe one day we'll get to fight you in the Remake continuity.

Personally, I think that wouldn't be a bad idea... but then it'd be Diamond Weapon all over again.

Diamond wasn't fight-able in the original Japanese release of VII. That was added to the overseas versions, which was then brought back to Japan in VII International. It made the battle seem kinda pointless since it does nothing than just letting you fight it. Unless you pretend you bought time for Shinra to prepare the Sister Ray, but that wasn't the case in the original version. Doing the same for Sapphire to me would also make it feel like it would be less original. Though I suppose it wouldn't hurt either way.

... and knowing things, it's very likely they will make Sapphire fight-able anyway...

56 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I think that wouldn't be a bad idea... but then it'd be Diamond Weapon all over again.

Diamond wasn't fight-able in the original Japanese release of VII. That was added to the overseas versions, which was then brought back to Japan in VII International. It made the battle seem kinda pointless since it does nothing than just letting you fight it. Unless you pretend you bought time for Shinra to prepare the Sister Ray, but that wasn't the case in the original version. Doing the same for Sapphire to me would also make it feel like it would be less original. Though I suppose it wouldn't hurt either way.

... and knowing things, it's very likely they will make Sapphire fight-able anyway...

That's true, if they don't want Sapphire Weapon to be fought at Junon then it could survive getting shot and be fought later as an optional boss. Or instead of a direct fight, they could make a scenario where Barret and co. try to rescue Tifa while Sapphire Weapon attacks Junon, because running through a city while a giant monster is rampaging would be fun. Expanding on the original like that is something I would like from a remake, though at this point it's not a guarantee if the future installments will follow the original game's plot.

And if they do add a completely new boss fight, it will probably be with Genesis.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

That's true, if they don't want Sapphire Weapon to be fought at Junon then it could survive getting shot and be fought later as an optional boss. Or instead of a direct fight, they could make a scenario where Barret and co. try to rescue Tifa while Sapphire Weapon attacks Junon, because running through a city while a giant monster is rampaging would be fun. Expanding on the original like that is something I would like from a remake, though at this point it's not a guarantee if the future installments will follow the original game's plot.

And if they do add a completely new boss fight, it will probably be with Genesis.

A middle ground I could see working is if they make it fight-able at Junon, and the battle somehow makes it swerve into the cannon's line of fire, instead of the Weapon aligning itself for an easy shot on itself. Amusing as it is, it is certainly dumb. Which also kinda happens with Diamond. It walks up to Midgard in a straight line, it once again makes the cannon have an easy target.

Not sure on Sapphire surviving the cannon shot. I kinda like the irony and hilarity on the fact that Shinra kills the Weapons that are actively attacking humanity (the Turks took down Jade Weapon too in Before Crisis, though they were technically no longer part of Shinra during that time), while Cloud and company go and attack the ones that are just... there. Like, okay, Ultimate attacked Mideel, but after that it just goes on to chill on that crater until Cloud and company go and attack it. Emerald is just lounging around the ocean floor, far from being an apparent danger outside maybe people in subs. Ruby, well, unless it's waiting for the Golden Saucer to be filled to the brim before striking, is just chilling out too under the desert.

It's worse in the original Japanese version since Ruby and Emerald didn't exist there either. So out of the three weapons the original version did had (Sapphire, Diamond, Ultimate), it was a score of 2-1 favoring Shinra. It's hilarious, to be honest.

Though anyway, if it gets changed, well, it gets changed.

Well, it never has stopped being so. If anything, activity has become even greater as of late. Going to sleep and waking up to a page or two of posts. Ah, it's like FE4T or HHH all over again, even if not as extreme... yet.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's the point. Warriors All-Stars even had a barrel in it. Interacting with it was an achievement, because of course.

Ah, got it.

I didn't know alchemy games are that common.

Anyways played for 40 h yet and still not done with chapter 3 (last day is coming up) which is not even a particullary good one btw aside of a few conversations with the party members. So far it's my least favorite Trails game because of the unbalanced as unfun gameplay, the poor soundtrack and walls of text. Though I have to admit the mech fights have been become much better. The team fight are quite enjoyable. Quite the irony to say it because they were the worst thing in Cold Steel 2. Speaking of Cold Steel 2:

Spoiler

By having the knowledge Crow is very alive, this game has been dragged down a lot because his death was one of the saddest moments in videogames for me.

I am not even sure, if I will Cold Steel IV next. If Hajimari has a different combat gameplay, I will go for this one first all the way.

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

A small correction: It was Sophie that gave you an achievement for interacting with barrels.
Warriors All-Stars has a conversation between Christophorus (from Nights of Azure) and Horo (from Toukiden Kiwami) lampshading the joke. (spoilers for size reasons)

XjQwlqG.jpg
e0aM5ic.jpg
jUtQ3AJ.jpg6kEIzuq.jpg

And I just now notice that her portrait in this shows her white mask, while her actual model shows her black mask. For shame, KT, for shame!

As an aside, Christophorus has one of the most adorable ways to say "barrel".

6J73lfI.jpg

Xenoblade 2's challenge battles go by so much faster on NG+, considering the amazing skill trees, the 3rd accessory slot. But doing it with the bare minimum, it takes a bit too long. I actually never tried these on my NG+ file beforehand, so I had no idea the difference was so big.

Edited by lightcosmo

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo so a bunch of preview footage for XenoblaDE is being released right now. I'll link some of the videos if you want to see them but if you don't want to seen any footage, i'll recap.

Future Connected details (NO SPOILERS)

• Appearently the ending of the main game is straight-up shown at the start of Future Connected so people who haven't played the mains story before really shouldn't touch Future Connected. GameXplain did upload the opening cutscene of Future Connected but it's an edited version as to not spoil the main game.
  • Combat for the most part is unchanged, even Melia seems to retain her Arts from the main game. Don't expect a Torna level of difference. The main difference in combat now is the Union Strikes, which replace Chain Attacks. Those Nopon adventurers from before are officially known as the Ponspectors and there are three kinds: red, blue and yellow. There are 12 of them in total. Red Ponspectors focus on attack, blue Ponspectors will heal and yellow Ponspectors apply status effects and debuffs. And this is reflected in the Union Strikes. The Red Comet deals major damage to one enemy. The Blue Caress heals and grants Regeneration and Debuff Immunity to the party and Yellow Chaos will apply Strength Down and force Daze to all enemies. You get to choose which Union Strike you want, much like Blade Specials during Chain Attacks in the Alrest games.
  • Union Attacks can also be extended the same way Chain Attacks can in the main game: through high tension. Unfortunately, that does mean that they may be inconsistent. 
  • The Bionis Shoulder is all one level on the map though the area itself has multiple altitudes. There appears to be a new "lower depths" section, for example (that wasn't present in the original).
  • Just like how Aux Cores came ready to go in Torna ~ The Golden Country, Gems in Future Connected come ready to be used. You still mine them like in the main game but there's no gem crafting.
  • Confirmed: Jenna Coleman has returned to voice Melia. LET'S GOOOO!
  • In terms of gameplay roles, Nene seems to fill the role of the tank while Keno fills the role of the healer.

General details (AGAIN, NO SPOILERS)

• Item Spheres are back (God damn it)
    • However, items that you need for quests are highlighted now, so you know exactly when you get them.This also makes filling in the Collectepedia much easier.
    • But items needed for Colony 6 reconstruction can't be tracked. You're still on your own there. Looks like Colony 6 is staying as a heap of rubble because i refuse to waste seven hours of my life looking for Ice Cabbages.
  • Handheld preformance seems to be mostly in line with the Alrest games. The prolouge in particular seems to be kinda rough on handheld mode.
  • Melia's AI still sucks.
  • Remember when i said the Land of Challenge could be accessed from Colony 9? Turns out that's not the only place. There's another portal on the Bionis' Kneecap just after exiting Tephra Cave.
  • I have heard no mention of the Bonus EXP and Unique Monster tombstones. If they really have been left out, that's gonna be odd. Those were amazing QoL additions that the Alrest games had.
  • Multiple save files are still a thing.
  • Cutscene viewer confirmed.

Here's my sources, in case you want to watch them (both videos are from GameXplain).

Spoiler

Edited by Armagon

But items needed for Colony 6 reconstruction can't be tracked. You're still on your own there. Looks like Colony 6 is staying as a heap of rubble because i refuse to waste seven hours of my life looking for Ice Cabbages.

That'll add to a certain scene later in the game- "We must defend Colony 6 at all costs!" -when all you're defending is a mound of dirt.

Item Spheres are back (God damn it)

Not the worst thing, less convenient than collection points I admit, but not too bad. Albeit, my nearest memory of this is a Skell in vehicle mode flooring it over open terrain and gathering +10 spheres in five seconds, XC1 isn't as fast.

Melia's AI still sucks.

Party AI, something no game is sold on nor overly noticed, its appreciated when it's made well, but it's easy to get away with it being bad.

Future Connected is going to be iffy then, since I remember everyone said Shulk was only a few IQ points above Melia. Sure removing Battle Soul from his Arts palette meant he'd no longer half-kill himself, but he'd still flub the positional Arts. May the Nopon be able to compensate for artificial stupidity.