The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:
They have them for the same reason sports teams have an animal mascot. Just to give some universally recognized figure.

Like, you look at Final Fantasy. Most of the games are self-contained and don't really have anything to do with each other but universal elements like the Chocobos help keep a sense of familiarity.

True, true.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's the same with Maria but Maria actually is useful when she's in Seibzehn.

As a German, this is hilarious to me, because that is how we spell out the number 17 (albeit the "e" and the "i" are switched, so it's Siebzehn instead; pronunciation's still the same, though).
So from what I can gather, Xenogears legit has a location called 17. Not Area 17, not Floor 17, not Henchman 17, just regular old 17. XD

15 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

At least the cliffhanger with Angeliqa involved was intense.

That cliffhanger made me happy for all the wrong reasons.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As a German, this is hilarious to me, because that is how we spell out the number 17 (albeit the "e" and the "i" are switched, so it's Siebzehn instead; pronunciation's still the same, though).

So from what I can gather, Xenogears legit has a location called 17. Not Area 17, not Floor 17, not Henchman 17, just regular old 17. XD

Yeah, I did remember reading that bit of trivia on Seibzhen's Wiki page (though I didn't know that the "e" and "i" were swapped, that could be a minor mistranslation on the game's part).

Btw, in Xenogears, Seibzehn is actually the name of the Gear.

latest?cb=20150528072654

Unlike the other characters in the game, Maria doesn't actually pilot her Gear. Instead, she rides next to it's head and verbally gives it commands.

Btw, the fact that Seibzehn means 17 in German is definitely intentional because you end up fighting a next-gen model known as Atchzehn, which translates to 18 in German.

Edited by Armagon

∆ Happy Birthday!

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That cliffhanger made me happy for all the wrong reasons.

...Now I'm curious!

Anyways spent 2.5 h just for daily shedule stuff (quests, bond supports and Einhel Keep).

At least playable Tita was still some highlight of today.

5 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

The perfect safety for mouth and nose.

Waifu masks when xD

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nintendo really just said "new Paper Mario game" and then left.

Hey it actually looks cool this time

Shrimp take: Jusis and (unlolified) Millium should've been protags of the arc.

The main reason i am not completely dropping the game after that Sieg reveal (I already knew it, but bleh. The game is at it's weakest when it's dealing with CS1/2 stuff) and school stuff is because i will get them in chapter 3

now i just need some motivation to go through the torture that is free day. But other games are more tempting atm, may they be DMC, Mario Maker, Smash or FE fangames

30 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Confirmed, Rean is officially fired.

nah, Aurelia doesn't mind xD

Edited by Shrimperor

DragonFlames gushes about Neptunia corner:
Nepgear and Uni are well on their way to becoming my two favorite characters. Their development in Re;Birth 2 already endeared me to them, and it pays off beautifully in MegaNep VII. They are, perhaps, the most fleshed out and well-rounded characters in the series (which is saying a lot, honestly), and the more I play MegaNep VII, the more convinced I am of that.
It might be Uzume's story, but it is Nepgear's and Uni's game.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, I did remember reading that bit of trivia on Seibzhen's Wiki page (though I didn't know that the "e" and "i" were swapped, that could be a minor mistranslation on the game's part).

I think this is more the way English and German pronunciation differs. "ei" in German is pronounced like a slightly shorter "I", while "ie" is pronounced like a long "e". In English, it's the other way around, if memory serves (feel free to correct me, as I am not a native English speaker).
I'm guessing they translated Siebzehn as Seibzehn so the pronunciation would stay the same and to not cause confusion among English speaking players.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

...Now I'm curious!

I can't stand Angelica, because she's like Soleil in Fates, so her getting shot was a delightful experience.

1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

lt7RcB1.jpg

Confirmed, Rean is officially fired.

I got that scene, too. I heard there's a different one if you pick the other card, though I haven't seen it yet.

---

@Wraith Happy Birthday!

Edited by DragonFlames

So this FE Map idedea doesn't want to leave my head since yesterday.

Your 2 Lords (Time Witch & Ex-Holy Knight) and their allies storming the Enemy palace. Penultimate Map.

Objective: Defeat Boss (with some small twists). 

Deployment & Layout: 15-18 Party Members, 3 Path Split.

The Boss can not be reached by any means (even warp) as there's a Barrier protecting her. To reach her you need to defeat her 3 main underlings first (each on a Path). 

A Bow Boss, A Sword Boss and a Axe Boss, each with insane stats and abilities. Bow has Aoe line attacks, Axe can support minions with support Magic, and Sword is a True Blade with Maxed stats.

And there's also a turn limit where you have to break the barrier so you can't send all your units one way to gang on one of the mini bosses. Once you shut down the Barrier, the path to the main Boss opens

A Spear boss (with Light Magic access) with not so high stats... at first. When you bring her down to less than 50%, she takes the party members nearest to her away to a special battlefield and the true boss battle begins. 

Insane stats, super High HP (multi hundred), stacked skills, Aoe Attacks, everything, you name it. Basically Ashunera but in a phyiscal form and can move.

deep inside, i am still a pretty big Trails fag, after all.

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So this FE Map idedea doesn't want to leave my head since yesterday.

Your 2 Lords (Time Witch & Ex-Holy Knight) and their allies storming the Enemy palace. Penultimate Map.

Objective: Defeat Boss (with some small twists). 

Deployment & Layout: 15-18 Party Members, 3 Path Split.

The Boss can not be reached by any means (even warp) as there's a Barrier protecting her. To reach her you need to defeat her 3 main underlings first (each on a Path). 

A Bow Boss, A Sword Boss and a Axe Boss, each with insane stats and abilities. Bow has Aoe line attacks, Axe can support minions with support Magic, and Sword is a True Blade with Maxed stats.

And there's also a turn limit where you have to break the barrier so you can't send all your units one way to gang on one of the mini bosses. Once you shut down the Barrier, the path to the main Boss opens

A Spear boss (with Light Magic access) with not so high stats... at first. When you bring her down to less than 50%, she takes the party members nearest to her away to a special battlefield and the true boss battle begins. 

Insane stats, super High HP (multi hundred), stacked skills, Aoe Attacks, everything, you name it. Basically Ashunera but in a phyiscal form and can move.

deep inside, i am still a pretty big Trails fag, after all.

I can see this going south really fast depending on how the RNG plays along.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, tbf, the idea in my head the player has a lot of tools to go with that of course.

Time Witch (on of the lords) will be able to refresh your own units and stop enemies in their tracks (by freezing their time). Your own sword units will have that +40 hit on initiation ability, Wind Mage will have a Magic to increase Hit/Evasion for a few turns by 50, Earth Witch can cast Crit negating magic, etc..

With strong enemies you have to give players the appropiate tools as well. But the player will have to plan accordingly.

And turn limit won't be super tight, just enough so that players don'T send all their party members towards one mini boss after the other.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, tbf, the idea in my head the player has a lot of tools to go with that of course.

Time Witch (on of the lords) will be able to refresh your own units and stop enemies in their tracks (by freezing their time). Your own sword units will have that +40 hit on initiation ability, Wind Mage will have a Magic to increase Hit/Evasion for a few turns by 50, Earth Witch can cast Crit negating magic, etc..

With strong enemies you have to give players the appropiate tools as well. But the player will have to plan accordingly.

And turn limit won't be super tight, just enough so that players don'T send all their party members towards one mini boss after the other.

That Time Witch reminds me of Hilda with her abilities. I like it!
Ngl, I think I'd like to play that map, even despite my earlier comment about the RNG.

Edited by DragonFlames

I had forgotten how much the World Tree in Xenoblade 2 is basically just Unique Monster land. I've been able to take out most them though, they aren't that tough since most of them are within your level range by the time you get there except for the Lv.114 Superboss that shows up in endgame. Margot's the only one that's been kicking my ass so far because it's able to summon reinforcements and i can't do shit about that due to not having access to a Dark Blade. That and Margot has Blade Shackle and Affinity Down Arts. Eventually, i just ignored it and moved on.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Hey it actually looks cool this time

Yeah, really intrigued by it. It seems to have Color Splash-tier dialouge while being a somewhat return to form. Though i was never a huge Paper Mario fan in the first place, i've only played The Thousand Year Door, Sticker Star and a little bit of Super and i will die on the hill that Sticker Star wasn't actually that bad, you guys are just mean.

53 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

In this scenario, i would assume there would be something in place preventing you from just getting a lucky crit and cheesing the map?

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

EXwAVo3WkAMSLtZ?format=jpg&name=small

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

gl, I think I'd like to play that map

Now i just need to be able to create games xD

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That Time Witch reminds me of Hilda with her abilities. I like it!

of the Party members you get, 7 of them are Witches, with similiar abilities to those in Stella Glow (and Trails magic users, since the idea i have has the Trails 7 magic elements). Terrain manipulation (for example, Earth Witch can change terrain of an area to be desert, deals effective damage with her magic on anyone standing on a desert tile, etc) would also be a big thing.

Space Magic will be all about displacement (for example, Early level Space Magic does weak damage to enemy, but can either push them back a space or pull them a space forward), Water Witch can move on water, etc. 

The Magic system in my mind was like this:

Witches can use all type of magic (they are the only ones who have access to time magic)

Humans Space and Illusion Magic

Demons Wind, Fire, Water and Earth Magic.

And different species will have access to like one-two types of magic tops (Elves and Wind, for example).

As for advantages: Space Mirage and Time have advantage over the other elements, for others it's Wind > Earth > Water > Fire > Wind

but it's all just an idea xD

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In this scenario, i would assume there would be something in place preventing you from just getting a lucky crit and cheesing the map?

Yup. Something like a crit negating ability, for example.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

EXwAVo3WkAMSLtZ?format=jpg&name=small

i will do you a better: dying because you missed an 86 :'D

Edited by Shrimperor

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

But if you want the actual Xeno furbie

latest?cb=20150430054915

Meet Chu-Chu from Xenogears and the original "Xeno furry mascot". A party member unique in that you can actually choose her name. She's also unique in that she's completely useless on both on-foot and Gear battles.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That is adorable! Shame about the useless in battle part, though.

There was a reason we all had her in the party for as long as we did.

YOOOOOOOOOOO

Percy Jackson Disney+ adaptation with the original author in pretty much complete control. The books were great, the movies were shit. We're finally getting the live-action adaptation we deserve and being a series rather than a movie will only help this adaptation.

22 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

There was a reason we all had her in the party for as long as we did.

This is the funniest scene in Xenogears when you take it out of context lmao.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

YOOOOOOOOOOO

Percy Jackson Disney+ adaptation with the original author in pretty much complete control. The books were great, the movies were shit. We're finally getting the live-action adaptation we deserve and being a series rather than a movie will only help this adaptation.

Though since the announcement said that each book will be one season long, I wonder if they'll ever get to the sequel series. Regardless at least we'll get an accurate and hopefully good adaptation with Riordan in charge.

Finally had the time to play again DQV... and oh God, I reached that part again. Pankraz's death scene is just so... well done...

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

@Wraith Happy Birthday!

*Lifts up head in a drunken stupor*

Thanks, Happy Easter to you too! Oh hi Mr. Cactus, I didn’t see you there. How was your trip to Italy?

*Collapses back onto the ground*

Edited by Wraith

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Though since the announcement said that each book will be one season long, I wonder if they'll ever get to the sequel series.

Riordan will probably expect the demand but if we don't get an adaptation of Heroes of Olympus, i'll be fine with that. I'm fully content with the original series getting a proper live-action adaptation. The movies were bad

Since each book will be a season, i wonder how many episodes each season would be. I don't recall the original series being particularly lengthy books (could be comparable to Harry Potter books 3 and 4 iirc) so i guess it more depends on how long each episode will be. I don't think any Disney+ series has had hour-long episodes so i don't know if we should expect that length or get something similar to The Mandalorian, with episodes being about 40 minutes long.

The real question is when is the Kane Chronicles Disney+ adaptation?

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I got that scene, too. I heard there's a different one if you pick the other card, though I haven't seen it yet.

Musse would wash Rean's back.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

nah, Aurelia doesn't mind xD

That reminds me the game is lacking on bond support between Rean and her.

Though it makes sense since I was pretty sure there were support possibilites with Sara in CS I either.

I hope in CS IV it's going to happen.