The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Reminds me of a certain r/anime posts loooooooool

@DragonFlamesListened to the tracks and see what you mean now 😉

Do I want to know what that post is about? XD

Yup. They're both good tracks in my opinion, but Lady Crimson just blows the other one out of the water, especially for an introductory area theme.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

The pre-Blade Xeno games are also a bit harder to replay but for a different reason: they haven't aged as well. Xenogears doesn't tell you shit about where to go a lot of the time (PS1 JRPG babyyyyy) and Xenosaga Episode I has worse gameplay. Episode II is hell. Only Episode III has aged pretty decently.

This is me with older Tales games. In a post-Berseria world, it's hard for me to go back to them, even though I still love most of them.

It's funny how despite my love for the Xeno series, it's a series where repeat playthrough are generally not in the "pick up and play" range.

This is the point where I must admit that I have played my favorite game exactly twice so far.
And it's not even that long, so I have no excuse. Although I do want to play it again in the near future.

It's a metaphor for Konami. In the past they made great games but you look at them now and they're a shitshow.

Haha, nice!

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Today morning again I've learned something new about Fire Emblem: in an iron man run of Radiant Dawn placing a flyer - in this case even a lord - in the 1-2 range of an enemy with a crossbow

That's how to waste about 30 hours of your time for absolutely nothing.

Mangs' Ironman, I presume? I haven't watched it yet (since I don't watch him or anyone else that often), but that sucks.
As funny as his fails are, I kinda wanted him to succeed more often, because he seems like a genuinely pleasant fellow.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Mangs' Ironman, I presume? I haven't watched it yet (since I don't watch him or anyone else that often), but that sucks.
As funny as his fails are, I kinda wanted him to succeed more often, because he seems like a genuinely pleasant fellow.

Yup. I really really feel bad for him.

Just now, Benice said:

Yup. I really really feel bad for him.

I watched the moment earlier. Holy crap. It was kind of his own fault for putting Elincia there in the first place and not realizing Reyson has already moved, but still. Poor guy.
This is why Pegasus Knight lords are a bad idea.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Nah, that can be part of the fun.

On that subject, we should totally get a PK lord on a future game. Actual game-long lord. On that subject, let's have more odd choices. Pure healer lord when?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On that subject, we should totally get a PK lord on a future game. Actual game-long lord. On that subject, let's have more odd choices. Pure healer lord when?

Fill it to the brim with Archers and bring back Crossbows while you're at it! Because why the heck not?
Pure healer lord sounds genuinely interesting, though, all hyperbole and sarcasm aside.

I'd say, if it was up to me, I'd make a lord who was a pure support unit. Healing, rally-like abilities, refresher ability, that sort of stuff. Then at promotion they gain a mount to be able to support better... but still remain unable to attack.

It's very unlikely we'd get that. So I guess that will simply remain as a pipe dream for me. Unless I ever get SRPG Studio.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, if it was up to me, I'd make a lord who was a pure support unit. Healing, rally-like abilities, refresher ability, that sort of stuff. Then at promotion they gain a mount to be able to support better... but still remain unable to attack.

It's very unlikely we'd get that. So I guess that will simply remain as a pipe dream for me. Unless I ever get SRPG Studio.

I wouldn't mind seeing this, all things considered. Who said the lord has to be able to fight at all?
And it'd still be a lot better, more helpful, and more useful than, say, Roy, who can fight in theory but in practice... oof.

Edited by DragonFlames

Healer lord would only work if they don't have to seize. Roy was torture enough.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If anything, that's exactly why it's a good idea.

Elincia in RD is really really good. The blame lies solely on Mangs.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

... Why? XD

Research purposes

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

If anything, that's exactly why it's a good idea.

Chapter 3-10 says hi. And grins sadistically.
That chapter alone made me kind of hate her, tbh. I wasn't exactly a fan of her to begin with, though.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Research purposes

Important research! Veeeeery important. XD

I don't remember 3 - 10 being that bad tbh.

Tbf though i love Elincia, my fav. Female lord in the series, by faaaaar

Edited by Shrimperor

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't remember 3 - 10 being that bad tbh.

It can be. Oh, can it ever be. Green Unit stupidity at full force. Sometimes I get lucky and nothing bad happens. Other times... hooo boy. XD

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tbf though i love Elincia, my fav. Female lord in the series, by faaaaar

👍
My favorite female lord (and lord in general) is Celica.
And it's tough sometimes. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Saw Mangs' ironman, I see. Man, that sucks so much for him...I almost saw a grown man cry on camera.

Same.

For the first I thought seeing a professional LP of him. He played very well till 3-12 against my expectations.

The drawback started Edward's death which was caused by Mangs's arrogance nothing else. The Laguz still have decent hitrate thanks to Ike's authority stars and Edward isn't meant to be a dodgetank.

In 4-2 I could dee the "old" Mangs by playing absolutely careless. Ironically the chapters of Tibarn are the easiest because of Tibarn's authority stars.

The worst of Elincia's death is that the Taskh sniper is completly stationary. Even the excuse of miscalculating the enemy's attack range doesn't count. The LP's end is caused by pure distraction.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

This is me with older Tales games. In a post-Berseria world, it's hard for me to go back to them, even though I still love most of them.

I never could go back to a 2D Tales mainly due to their camera angles.

I watched him for the first time when he was killed by Greil in FE9's prologue. This was the reason not to watch him. Though since I love FE5 and Tellius, I still watch these LPs of him. And I have to admit he played well before Edward's death.

Elincia's underleveled in part 4, but with paragon she'll kick ass. She can even ORKO an aura by the help of double bloodtide and nightpool.

Also Micky is my favorite lord, Elincia close behind.

Edited by Falcom Knight

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

The pre-Blade Xeno games are also a bit harder to replay but for a different reason: they haven't aged as well. Xenogears doesn't tell you shit about where to go a lot of the time (PS1 JRPG babyyyyy) and Xenosaga Episode I has worse gameplay. Episode II is hell. Only Episode III has aged pretty decently.

Out of all the Xeno games, only Xenosaga Episode III and Torna are good for casual replays.

It's funny how despite my love for the Xeno series, it's a series where repeat playthrough are generally not in the "pick up and play" range.

Xenosaga episode 1 also has cutscenes that take a half hour each to finish! Can't forget about that!

I agree on the replay value of Torna and Ep 3 of course.

The most recent issue of Famitsu covered XenoblaDE and had an interview with series creator Tetsuya Takahashi. Here are the important tidbits:

• Future Connected's main plot is around 10 to 12 hours long, or 20 hours long if you do all the side content.
  • Takahashi said it could've been longer, but they didn't want to take too much resources away from new projects.
  • Speaking of which, Monolith's production team was divided into three parts: a team working on DE, a team working on new games, and a team working on both.
  • Since this is a rerelease the songs couldn't be redone by an orchestra, so they've been rearranged instead.
Edited by Lightchao42

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The most recent issue of Famitsu covered XenoblaDE and had an interview with series creator Tetsuya Takahashi. Here are the important tidbits:

• Future Connected's main plot is around 10 to 12 hours long, or 20 hours long if you do all the side content.
  • Takahashi said it could've been longer, but they didn't want to take too much resources away from new projects.
  • Speaking of which, Monolith's production team was divided into three parts: a team working on DE, a team working on new games, and a team working on both.
  • Since this is a rerelease the songs couldn't be redone by an orchestra, so they've been rearranged instead.

Alright, that's a bit shorter than I'd hoped, but still, new content is new content! 

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

This is the point where I must admit that I have played my favorite game exactly twice so far.
And it's not even that long, so I have no excuse. Although I do want to play it again in the near future.

There's no shame in not often replaying through your favorite game(s). I mean, there are people who just generally don't replay games that much, no matter how much they like them.

And sometimes you just......can't. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is one of my favorite games of all time but my Wii died several years ago and i also lost all my Wii games. I'd rather not emulate a game so reliant on motion controls so i can only hope for that Super Mario 3D All-Stars rumor to be true (which, after the reveal of Origami King, feels more likely).

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:
-Snip-

Reminds me of that one time someone calculated the exact speed and force of the boobs in that scene from Highschool of the Dead. You know the one, right?

28 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Future Connected is right around what i expected. To compare, Torna ~ The Golden Country is about 15-20 hours for story, 50 for everything.

Glad we have more concrete information that they're working on a new game. What is is, we don't know. Likely scenario suggests either Xenoblade 3 or X2 but it could end up being a new "Xeno" entierly. There's also that fantasy game that they showed art for but we've heard basically nothing since. Who knows, maybe they're working on that M-rated game Takahashi said he wanted to do. Or it could be none of that and it's something completely new.

The one thing we do know is that it's not Breath of the Wild 2. Not only has that already been revealed but Takahashi specifically mentioned the First Production team, a.k.a, the guys responsible for Monolith Soft's original works.

15 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Teehee

Teehee

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's no shame in not often replaying through your favorite game(s). I mean, there are people who just generally don't replay games that much, no matter how much they like them.

And sometimes you just......can't.

All too true on both accounts.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reminds me of that one time someone calculated the exact speed and force of the boobs in that scene from Highschool of the Dead. You know the one, right?

I have never seen that series at all, but I think I know which scene you're most likely talking about, because I saw it in a trailer for the show on TV once (it's the one where a bullet flies directly through two, er, jiggling assets without hitting them, right?).
Now there's a sentence I didn't think I'd write today.

Seems that anyone can show up in the Union Strike, not just the person who initiated it. Here we see Shulk activate the Union Strike but Melia's the one who actually does it. 

Also Nopongers, lol. Definitely a Super Sentai reference.

....Nopoggers.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I have never seen that series at all, but I think I know which scene you're most likely talking about, because I saw it in a trailer for the show on TV once (it's the one where a bullet flies directly through two, er, jiggling assets without hitting them, right?).

Yep, that's the one. 

It's like the only thing i know about Highschool of the Dead apart from the fact that the story will never be finished because the author died.