• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, it's just the first chapter, how can you even hurt that guy?

Let him capture one of your units and then crit him with Eyvel/Dagdar

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Let him capture one of your units and then crit him with Eyvel/Dagdar

That still doesn't explain that 59 Atk Marty is sporting there. He has too high bases, high MT weapon?

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Would he always prioritize capturing instead of killing?

from the videos i saw, i think so. Not sure though. 

Be wary though that he has 20 Mov and can escape with captured targets pretty easily

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That still doesn't explain that 59 Atk Marty is sporting there. He has too high bases, high MT weapon?

This game makes the most unbalanced game you ever played look balanced lol

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

Damn it, the captured unit doesn't reappear once the capture got killed!?

That's a bug pretty sure.

Units should reappear

Yeah, the "hot-area" is updated with delay of 2-3 minutes.

The time difference comes from a new post of me, I guess.

I wished the was more good Musse fanart around.

Of all new Class VII girls she has the least unfortunately.

Edited by Falcom Knight

8 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Going to start a new experiment today which is called Super Thracia. I only have heared rumors and legends about it for being stupidly hard. Since I have beaten FE7x and GhebFE on "prostitute" mode, this will not stop me!

Also happy 7500th page!

Super Thracia just puts you in positions where the enemies completely overpower your units with numbers while having teeny bit worse stats. 

8 minutes ago, FrostyFireMage said:

I wonder if I should get the 3Hs DLC

Depends on what you want from it.

It has: 7 Maps (some recycled from main game, quality varies from good to bad), lore, dun characters, fun Classes

Another thing to note about Super Thracia... chapter 11x, I believe it is? That chapter... really sucks. That chapter alone took me so many retries, since I used my keys on the wrong doors. The gimmick in the chapter is that some of the doors are fake, yet you still waste keys on them. So if you pick all the wrong doors, you have to start over! Yippie! 

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Super Thracia just puts you in positions where the enemies completely overpower your units with numbers while having teeny bit worse stats. 

Sounds a bit like FE9 maniac mode, means very slow progress.

Though I haven't played it on my own yet, only watched a LP-

26 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Another thing to note about Super Thracia... chapter 11x, I believe it is? That chapter... really sucks. That chapter alone took me so many retries, since I used my keys on the wrong doors. The gimmick in the chapter is that some of the doors are fake, yet you still waste keys on them. So if you pick all the wrong doors, you have to start over! Yippie! 

So is this like the chapter from Revelation!?

Oh god, noooo...

This reminds me on an old game show.

The problem for me is that I'm playing it blind, so I have no idea which enemy is recruitable.

As for Arden I thought he could be recruited.

I mean his existence in this hack aside of having the one-movement-meme is utterly pointless.

I wonder if I should get the 3Hs DLC

25 € for one path which makes 60% of the full game's price feels like a bad joke for me.

It's really sad that it's not possible to select certain DLCs as it was the case in FE13.

I don't need any costumes and beach maps.

Looks like I'm forced to take a break from Civ VI. The update for the New Frontier Pass on Switch causes an error message for any and all Civ games I try to start

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I see i see.

Alot of SRPGs have stuff like that. Most of the time it's ''survive with everyone'' or ''clear in x turns'' so you basically play as if Perma death is a thing even if it isn't

The game will always tell you what they are, except when the proper phase of a battle to reveal them hasn't been reached. It won't say "kill X aliens in Y turns" if the aliens are supposed to be unexpected reinforcements.

Regarding permadeath, it doesn't exist. It's a Game Over if a battleship is destroyed, or certain characters die on a given map, usually when they force-deployed b/c plot for that battle revolves around them. For everyone else, it's FE Casual Mode- if they die on a map, they'll come back the next totally fine, but you can't revive them mid-map. Destroyed units cost a minor fee to repair, but it's negligible unless you end every battle with half your mechs trashed. 

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I forgot, did the OG games pull the Seishin spam routine?

I know quite well Alpha and Alpha Gaiden did. Certainly made things... quite interesting.

If by that you mean "do bosses cast Spirits?", no, practically never. If you mean "are endgames bosses hulking HP sinks that take two turns and every drop of your SP to kill?", then yes. From what I've read, the absolute worst didn't come until OG Gaiden, where the non-true final boss is hair-pulling durable. After that, I get the impression they scaled back final boss HP.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If by that you mean "do bosses cast Spirits?", no, practically never. If you mean "are endgames bosses hulking HP sinks that take two turns and every drop of your SP to kill?", then yes. From what I've read, the absolute worst didn't come until OG Gaiden, where the non-true final boss is hair-pulling durable. After that, I get the impression they scaled back final boss HP.

The former.

Let me tell you, it got really fun, and "fun", specially in Alpha Gaiden. To quote from the narrated playthrough I posted in the HHH Thread, here's what Shu does if he's the final boss:

once the Granzon is down to 60% HP left, Shu casts Alert, Strike, Hot Blood, and Valour.

that last attack brought him down to less than 30% HP left, so now he casts Vigour, Alert, Strike, Hot Blood, Valour, Valour.

Then as the Neo Granzon:

So, at 70% HP left, he casts Guts, Alert, Concentrate.

So, at 60% HP left, he casts Guts, Alert, Concentrate, Hot Blood, Valour.

At 30-40 % left, it's now Guts, Soul, Alert, Concentrate, Guard, Valour, Valour, Replenish.

Once back at 30% HP left, it's Shu's final casting, with Guts, Soul, Alert, Strike, Valour, Valour, Zeal, Guard, and Replenish.

Yeah, imagine if OG bosses did that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, imagine if OG bosses did that.

So much Guts!

Strike and Soul/Valor don't matter if I Alert/Guard every time I wail on him, Focus is mitigated by Strike, Alert means I have someone use one weak hit first, and restoring his energy won't matter if its impossible to non-tediously deplete his supply in the first place. But Guts x4 means he effectively has triple HP in Neo Granzon form.

If buyable SP Regenerate isn't a thing there or there is a time limit on defeating Mr. Shurikawa, then I think I'd drop Alpha Gaiden at the end.