• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

r3QEnK2.png

667150602907680778.png?v=1

step 1 to becoming a popular writer XD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think I'll try and focus on my own story first, though.

👍

Ya know, speaking about writing

When i was young i used to absolutely detest it. And honestly, still do when i am forced to do it for work/uni stuff. 

But in the last few years i've been enjoying putting my thoughts into paper, so to say XD

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

r3QEnK2.png

667150602907680778.png?v=1

step 1 to becoming a popular writer XD

Success!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

👍

Ya know, speaking about writing

When i was young i used to absolutely detest it. And honestly, still do when i am forced to do it for work/uni stuff. 

But in the last few years i've been enjoying putting my thoughts into paper, so to say XD

Nice!
I don't really like it when I'm forced to do it, either. But I found it is a great way to let the creativity flow (especially since music and painting really aren't exactly my thing, as I painfully discovered fairly early on). I don't even really remember how I came to it. One day, I just sat down, wrote down some stuff, and had fun while doing so. And since I always loved making up my own stories, worlds, and characters, writing just sort of clicked with me.

Writing origins, huh.

I'd say mine was more like forcing myself to... and out of necessity I guess. On one hand, wasn't too keen to have my ideas leave my head. On the other hand, the chances of them being forgotten are too much a concern.

I started writing because I'm not good at anything else.

Anyway, today happens to be Pac-Man's 40th anniversary. Happy birthday Pac!

EYoj0DDUwAA3qs8?format=jpg&name=medium

I'm nearing the home stretch of FFVII with Hojo defeated, so now I'm returning my attention to properly finishing Dragon Quest XI. I want to get the Supreme Sword of Light before I fight the true final boss, but getting it is more involved than I remembered so depending on timing I might just get the standard Sword of Light.

(Though I might not get XCDE on release day, so I might not need to rush anything.)

Weather for the month of April and early May was low 50s to low 60s (about 12-17 Celsius) with frequent cloudiness and rain for me. May has improved to high 60s and low 70s (20-23 Celsius) in the past week or so. This is where I like it.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Realians are much more human than cyborg. With a cyborg, it varies. Technically, having a robot arm already makes you a cyborg by defenition but you'd still be more human in that sense. But the Episode II database states that there's a distinction between people who simply get mechanical replacements for damaged body parts and people who died and were then revived as cyborgs.

However, because of how similar Realians are to humans, they often get discriminated against for not being "real", despite galactic law protecting them and granting them rights. Cyborgs did get it worse because those that didn't become battle cyborgs tended to get assigned to manual labor and the like with no rights. It could be because they were seen as more blatently machine than man, whereas you can't tell the difference between a human and Realian just by looking at them. That and by the time Episode I rolled around, reviving a dead person by turning them into a cyborg is considered unethical. Worth noting that becoming a cyborg was all by consent (well, legally anyway), much like how donating one's organs requires consent.

The ethical reasons, alongside with the emergance of nano and Realian technology, has made cyborgs a relic of the past.

Thanks again! It's interesting to me.

For the bolded, fear of the uncanny valley and the fact Realians are physiologically superior to normal humans?

The cyborg moral conundrum reminds me of an unrelated issue mentioned in XCX. When the Lifehold Core is found, do you bring out of cryostasis those who committed suicide in their mimeosomes? I forget the specifics, but I can see the ethical controversy.

As for XCX...

Spoiler

Considering NLA has resturants, i'd imagine they still need nutrition so that aspect of living is covered.

Mimeosomes needing food wasn't absolutely necessary as part of the design to have them function. I think they could've invented mimeosomes without the need to eat. A consciousness stored in a server that has no organic components would not need carbohydrates in the body it was being streamed to. Technically, I could envision everyone being transferred to Skells or vacuum cleaners with eyes without a hitch.

If the Realians anger humans for being so similar, then Mimeosomes being so similar is essential to humanity's mental wellbeing. They eat, they sleep, they cry, all for the sake of making people forget they're not in their real bodies. Though it isn't explored enough, it is stated that the mental health of humanity can't be doing so well after the Earth was blown up and 10 billion died- talk about Survivor's Guilt.

The lifelike nature of Mimeosomes and the residential parts of NLA try to bring back a sense of normalcy and humanity lost with the destruction of Earth and the subsequent crash on Mira.

Perhaps if Shion and co. crossed dimensions to Mira, maybe they could say to the anti-Realian humans "if you were in the same situation, maybe you would be grateful to be a Realian", if temporarily.

Exercise is stated help strengthen a mimeosome body. Probably not as much as a real one, and logically this would mean the fleshy external portions of mimeosomes are capable of cellular regeneration. Since IRL exercise strengthens you by making microscopic tears in muscles that become stronger once the body fills them in- hence muscles get bigger the more you exercise.

But i remember in the final chapter, when Elma is explaining that they'll be able transfer the concious back into their real bodies, Doug, i think, was skeptical about it, saying "how do i know it's really gonna be me" or something like that and i'd imagine he's not the only one. And it's interesting that you bring up the soul because as it is right now, Xenoblade X is the only Xeno game with no confirmation of souls. 

Elma bringing up souls at all in the final chapter says to me there has to be them in XCX. At the very least, consciousness and memories can be turned to data, and since data isn't tangible, I can consider one's aggregate data of consciousness and memories a "soul" substitute in the absence of a real and magical one that can transcend an electronic medium. I await the meeting with Wave Existence 3 if they exist.

I do understand the skepticism of Doug and others. Though I were Elma here, I'd counter they've still fought for humanity and acted as humans despite having transferred their consciousnesses once before. The shift to the server and mimeosomes should be evidence they will always be their real selves, regardless of what they inhabit. Mimeosomes aren't perfect, but the key issue with them isn't they aren't "real", it's they can't reproduce and NLA currently lacks the means to maintain them for forever, eventually they'll break down beyond repair.

-But this is from someone who has seen enough video game transformations to not get hung up on flesh as inviolably sacred. The mind and its memories, be it stored in a brain, data, or a soul, is the true self and nothing else. If a human man suddenly turns into a lady demon with 34 saggy boobs, I'm not fazed by the gender shift itself.😉

I saw All-Monsters Attack (also known as Godzilla's Revenge) earlier today and boooooy was it bad. Lowkey, i think The Planet Eater is better. All-Monsters Attack is clearly aimed towards kids but children's media is not exempt from criticism. The movie is basically a kid self-inserting himself into Ebriah and Son of Godzilla, and i mean that literally because the movie just blatently reuses scenes from those two movies. If you pay attention close enough, you can see the discrepencies because the scenes obviously don't match. Also, half the movie is a dream sequence. 

Planet of the Monsters and City on the Edge of Battle are still worse but it's not hard to be better than those two.

But on brighter Godzilla news, i found some raw fanart

EBxCE0TUwAI_zSx?format=jpg&name=900x900

D6Nb3rEUwAA59p2?format=jpg&name=small

This is Godzilla's world. We just live in it.

Also this man really made Zilla (a.k.a the 1998 Godzilla) look good (it's the last one on the top-left on the second image).

The sauce

The sauce for the second image

@Lightchao42 not sure if you follow any artists on Twitter (or if you even have a Twitter) but if you ever need a fill of Godzilla fanart, this guy is pretty good. Just thought you might be interested.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If it is always humid, you can at least get used to it. When it's only occasionally so, it's a little harder to do so, especially when you're sensitive to weather changes.

It's honestly less humid here and just straight-up more hot and dry. Which is why everytime i step outside during broad daylight, i get to have the "Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar" experience.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For the bolded, fear of the uncanny valley and the fact Realians are physiologically superior to normal humans?

I'm not sure about the uncanny valley because everyone had it in Episode II because, again, it's pretty much impossible to tell the a Realian from a human apart. What gives it away is that Realians can be seen as clones. Because they are all categorized into models, unless they go out and buy new clothes or something, they will all look the same. This screenshot from the Episode I anime is a great example

latest?cb=20150615162435

MOMO, being a main character, gets to standout among her model of Realians.

However, being physiologically superior to humans might be a reason for why they tend to get discriminated against.

Spoiler

Elma bringing up souls at all in the final chapter says to me there has to be them in XCX. At the very least, consciousness and memories can be turned to data, and since data isn't tangible, I can consider one's aggregate data of consciousness and memories a "soul" substitute in the absence of a real and magical one that can transcend an electronic medium. I await the meeting with Wave Existence 3 if they exist.

I'll admit, i didn't look at it this way. On account of souls in Xeno always being a trans-dimensional thing. 

Though with the strange circumstances of Mira, i wouldn't be surprised if souls in Xenoblade X are trans-dimensional.

The mind and its memories, be it stored in a brain, data, or a soul, is the true self and nothing else. If a human man suddenly turns into a lady demon with 34 saggy boobs, I'm not fazed by the gender shift itself.

Philosophical Observer time.

Nah but jokes aside, that's what i feel too. I'm reminded of a Doctor Who episode that tackled this idea.

Edited by Armagon

Okay, did some monster recruiting in DQV. I decided to just go with what are usually the most suggested suspects, so I recruited a Dracky (which took me a while because for some reason they decided to rarely appear in battle) and a Slime Knight. Usually, Slime Knights can't be recruited until a little later because access to Coburg is closed up for now. However, thanks to the way encounter zones work, there is a very small piece of land that is just in the right position to be in an encounter zone that houses Slime Knights from this side of the border. I did accepted other monsters wanting to join in-between while I was hunting down the Dracky and Slime Knight. I'm not going to go out of my way to recruit one of every single monster, however.

Anyway, went back to the now ruined Whealbrook, and got the Zenithian Sword. Hah, obtaining the legendary sword this early but with no one to equip it. The place now had Metal Slimes... too bad I couldn't defeat even one. Oh well.

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

I don't mean to post every single Xenosaga related scene, but this one was touching! 

I didn't screenshot what MOMO is responding to, because I wasn't expecting them to go in this direction. But Alfimi, despite amnesia, knows she isn't human and using her inhuman powers got the Abend back, leading to her profess a sense of loneliness amongst everyone else. Great idea using the synthetic little girl to comfort the alien little girl, the writers actually put some thought into this.

After this, everyone else chimed in and things transitioned to their usual lightheartedness, but not without some criticizing others for ruining this precious moment. And there was some spoken semi-consolation for Alfimi that not everyone in the group is human, for the rest, you have: 2 elves, 2 androids (KOS-MOS included), 2 Catpeople, 1 Sage-Fox, 1 mermaid, 1 Oni princess, 1 demon girl, 1 Shura, 1 test tube human, and only 2 perfectly normal humans.

...And for a music shilling from what I'm currently playing:

This is Brave New World, which is the borrowed main theme from Namco x Capcom if I understand it right. First time hearing it, and I like it, it's elegant, classy, reminiscent even. Used as a character and battle theme for Xiaomu, it adds a kind of clean finesse and emotional weight to your attacks, which doesn't actually exist.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is Godzilla's world. We just live in it.

Also this man really made Zilla (a.k.a the 1998 Godzilla) look good (it's the last one on the top-left on the second image).

The sauce

The sauce for the second image

@Lightchao42 not sure if you follow any artists on Twitter (or if you even have a Twitter) but if you ever need a fill of Godzilla fanart, this guy is pretty good. Just thought you might be interested.

I have a Twitter, but I made it for an oddly specific purpose so I don't use it very often or follow many accounts. I might keep an eye on that Godzilla account though, so thanks for that (Zilla has a good design, it's just not very fitting for Godzilla).

On the topic of Realians, Xenosaga has fewer playable humans than I expected. From what I can tell, Shion and Jin are the only completely human party members. Maybe I should have expected it, as XC2 itself points out how few "normal" humans its main cast has, even if XC1's party is comparatively normal in-universe.

Edited by Lightchao42

Reading that Endless Frontier update and I got reminded when I looked up the scene when Axel and Alfimi officially join the party. Hahahahaha...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just finished watching Godzilla vs Hedorah. This one was weird. Hedorah's creepy. Really liked the occasional handdrawn scenes. But best of all, this is the movie where Godzilla does this

Vkek.gif

He even asserted his dominance before doing so

unknown.png?width=767&height=431

Next up on the list is Godzilla vs Gigan and the one thing i know about Gigan is that he's the first Kaiju to make Godzilla bleed.

As a side note, i'm only four movies away from completing the Showa era. After that, i'd head over to watch the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy and finally cap off the whole marathon with Godzilla: Final Wars. I feel like that movie would be the most fitting way to end this. It was the 50th anniversary movie after all.

38 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

(Zilla has a good design, it's just not very fitting for Godzilla).

True. Although the CGI on Zilla hasn't aged that well (both in 98 and the Zilla clip from Final Wars that i've seen).

I'd be onboard for a modern interpretation of Zilla, whether it be from Toho or Legendary. Legendary's probably more likely to use him though, i feel like Toho has (understandably) tried to distance themselves from Zilla.

34 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

On the topic of Realians, Xenosaga has fewer playable humans than I expected. From what I can tell, Shion and Jin are the only completely human party members. Maybe I should have expected it, as XC2 itself points out how few "normal" humans its main cast has, even if XC1's party is comparatively normal in-universe.

Jr. is also technically human. I mean, yeah, he was artificially created but he's still 100% organic. chaos wasn't artificially created but despite having some special powers, he can still pass for a human biologically (still curious as to what the decision was to officially write chaos' name with a lowercase c).

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jr. is also technically human. I mean, yeah, he was artificially created but he's still 100% organic. chaos wasn't artificially created but despite having some special powers, he can still pass for a human biologically (still curious as to what the decision was to officially write chaos' name with a lowercase c).

Is it strange I find chaos with the lowercase irritating? 

On a side note: picked up Xenoblade 2 to do some leveling up again. God, i love how this game and Torna are similar but are different in so many ways, it makes them so fun to play.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is it strange I find chaos with the lowercase irritating? 

I don't blame you, considering that spelling it Chaos with a capital C is officially incorrect.