The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is especially useful in Challenge Mode when used in combination with Shulk's Monado Purge (this one is the Lv.1 Special iirc). Corvin negates Enrage, Shulk negates Elemental Awakening, and that's important because an enemy having both of those things active is basically a death sentence (Torna's Unique Monsters are quite challenging because of this).

You're right on Monado Purge. And I remember the menace of Elemental Awakening hammering me a few times. But Torna's Unique Monsters I can't get back to, because my emotions wouldn't let me return to Torna.

Even if the level curve hasn't been fixed, Expert Mode is the perfect remedy. Deleveling pre-postgame even. LLCs could be very extreme now. The name "Expert Mode" suggest its hard and I don't like that however, it isn't harder if you don't want it to be, it's there to keep the game from being imbalanced.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yes, although I suppose I should apologise, as it probably sounds like i'm trying to sell the DLC blades. I'm not trying to convince you to buy them or anything, either.

No need to apologize! I didn't read your answer like that at all. You just answered my question who those two characters are, nothing more. Don't worry about it!

54 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

And hopefully that didn't spoil too much?

It's completely fine!

---

reH1xHS.jpg

Nights of Azure 2's win button, ladies and gents!

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

No need to apologize! I didn't read your answer like that at all. You just answered my question who those two characters are, nothing more. Don't worry about it!

It's completely fine!

Well, that's a relief!

Getting more challenge battles completed! Corvin with Ultimate Shield setups doing his thing, negate most damage I take to nothing! Ha!

Edited by lightcosmo

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Even if the level curve hasn't been fixed, Expert Mode is the perfect remedy. Deleveling pre-postgame even. LLCs could be very extreme now. The name "Expert Mode" suggest its hard and I don't like that however, it isn't harder if you don't want it to be, it's there to keep the game from being imbalanced.

Yeah, i'm really curious as to why it's called "Expert Mode". It could be because you set the level in place. Basically, when you level down (or up), you stay at that level but you still gain EXP. You can change the level at any time provided the EXP is there. And, this obviously wasn't mentioned in the Twitter post, but this is very exploitable. From what i've heard, you can level down party members, fight a high-level enemy with a high-level party member(s) and the lower-level party members will still reap the EXP. And yes, i will abuse this. Also this is why the levels were so wack during the March trailer.

Also, since Expert Mode has been revealed, i should also bring up that XenoblaDE also has Casual Mode. It hasn't been revealed yet officially but since it's more of a QoL thing, it should be fine to talk about. Basically, in Casual Mode, losing to a boss three times will bring up a prompt to make the fight easier. You can disable this at any time. It's a lot like the Trails series' Weaken Enemies feature, in which any time you lose a battle, you can choose to weaken them for the next attempt. It's a feature i've had to use a lot, i'll admit.

54 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

---

reH1xHS.jpg

Nights of Azure 2's win button, ladies and gents!

I thought that was a Pokemon for a sec and the general shape reminds me a lot of Liligant

1200px-549Lilligant.png

It's actually a regional variant.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

already finished all of them

That would be super cool :3

I'm considering which topics should be focussed.

Relevant topics would be:

• Musse's affection towards the professor and Lysithea's reaction
  • their family backround and fate
  • Lysithea's weakness towards sweets
  • their understanding of nobility
  • their understanding of their age

Of course multiple options could be chosen because focussing on only one topic is a bit superficial........ as treating multiple topics not deep enough.

I will make a thread once I have an exact concept, but feel free to pick (a) choice(s).

9 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I'm considering which topics should be focussed.

Relevant topics would be:

• Musse's affection towards the professor and Lysithea's reaction
  • their family backround and fate
  • Lysithea's weakness towards sweets
  • their understanding of nobility
  • their understanding of their age

Of course multiple options could be chosen because focussing on only one topic is a bit superficial........ as treating multiple topics not deep enough.

I will make a thread once I have an exact concept, but feel free to pick (a) choice(s).

673243897413238794.png?v=1

I think nobility, family and affection could work. Mainly the first two though

Yeah, I thought these points could be combined the best too.

Seriously no one would want to read another conversation in which Lys is pissed when someone sees her eating cake secretly.

I would have an idea for a C support right now at least.

I think I will start writing it down at work tomorrow.

Watching Terror of MechaGodzilla right now and i really don't like Titanosaurus's roar. It's not as bad as SpaceGodzilla's roar (that one really killed my ears) but i still don't like it.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i'm really curious as to why it's called "Expert Mode". It could be because you set the level in place. Basically, when you level down (or up), you stay at that level but you still gain EXP. You can change the level at any time provided the EXP is there. And, this obviously wasn't mentioned in the Twitter post, but this is very exploitable. From what i've heard, you can level down party members, fight a high-level enemy with a high-level party member(s) and the lower-level party members will still reap the EXP. And yes, i will abuse this. Also this is why the levels were so wack during the March trailer.

It should be called EXPert Mode. That'd explain it perfectly.

Another advantage of this is that you can: explore the endgame-unlocked portion of Tephra Cave, fight the superbosses, and best of all get Riki's, Melia's, Reyn's, and Smash Ruined It's 5th Skill Trees, without destroying the difficulty of the final battle. I on my first run didn't step into the final dungeon (or maybe even the second-to-last area- but I don't remember) until I had gotten all the 5ths. That was a bad decision on my part, because the final fight deserved to be epic. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Also, since Expert Mode has been revealed, i should also bring up that XenoblaDE also has Casual Mode. It hasn't been revealed yet officially but since it's more of a QoL thing, it should be fine to talk about. Basically, in Casual Mode, losing to a boss three times will bring up a prompt to make the fight easier. You can disable this at any time. It's a lot like the Trails series' Weaken Enemies feature, in which any time you lose a battle, you can choose to weaken them for the next attempt. It's a feature i've had to use a lot, i'll admit.

Did XC2 have a "level down if you lose too many times" mechanic? My memory is fuzzy, but I strongly believe XCX did for certain battles, though I'm not sure which exactly, since I didn't use it very much b/c hardcore gamer pride. The one time I know I did was a battle in Boze's recruitment mission, the pack of whatever indigens I had to fight but overwhelmed dropped by 5 levels. This doesn't work against optional Tyrants obviously, probably only quest and story battles that are mandatory. But I'm not sure if it works on all of those even, because I never saw anyone say they bypassed the infamous Rexoskell by neutering its level.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another advantage of this is that you can: explore the endgame-unlocked portion of Tephra Cave, fight the superbosses, and best of all get Riki's, Melia's, Reyn's, and Smash Ruined It's 5th Skill Trees, without destroying the difficulty of the final battle.

And in addition (Xenoblade 1 spoilers)

Spoiler

You can work towards getting the other Replica Mondados without sacrificing the difficulty. And on NG+, you'd be able to properly enjoy the True Monado.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did XC2 have a "level down if you lose too many times" mechanic?

Nope. The closest there was was certain sidequest that requires you going to the Sauros' Lair in Gormott. It shows up as Lv.90 and you can choose to either fight it as is or drug it and lower it's level all the way to Lv.35. But it's a one-way ticket. Once you choose, you can't back out.

Edited by Armagon

That one spoilered remark reminds me- did they fix a certain minor glitch? That being if a weapon's damage variance range exceeded 99 points, it would cap at 99. So a weapon with 100-250 per auto attack was a lie and the weapon was objectively inferior to a 110-210 weapon.

So is leveling up/down exclusive to Expert Mode, or is it available for the other difficulties too? If I were to guess, Expert Mode just prevents the party from leveling up unless you manually set their levels, but I'm not sure if I understand it correctly.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Watching Terror of MechaGodzilla right now and i really don't like Titanosaurus's roar.

How dare you, Titanosaurus's roar is great (even if it's just elephant noises).

Edited by Lightchao42

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I thought that was a Pokemon for a sec and the general shape reminds me a lot of Liligant

Spora >>>> every Pokémon
I'm guessing they were based on the same type of plant.

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I agree with that F-tier. Very much so.
Though my own would contain... a few more people.

I have completed the Showa Godzilla era. And here are the new rankings:

Screenshot_2354.png?width=452&height=431

Screenshot_2355.png?width=458&height=431

Screenshot_2356.png?width=459&height=431

Only the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy and Final Wars remains.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That one spoilered remark reminds me- did they fix a certain minor glitch? That being if a weapon's damage variance range exceeded 99 points, it would cap at 99. So a weapon with 100-250 per auto attack was a lie and the weapon was objectively inferior to a 110-210 weapon.

I'm not sure. I did hear the Tephra Cave level glitch is still in, just harder to pull off.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

So is leveling up/down exclusive to Expert Mode, or is it available for the other difficulties too? If I were to guess, Expert Mode just prevents the party from leveling up unless you manually set their levels, but I'm not sure if I understand it correctly.

It seems Expert Mode is it's own setting entierly. I remember seeing a screenshot of the menu and Expert Mode was one of the options, seperate from the settings. I'd imagine Expert Mode is for all the difficulties.

Which makes me wonder why it's called Expert Mode in the first place.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

How dare you, Titanosaurus's roar is great (even if it's just elephant noises).

I got more used to it's roar ngl. But i'd still put it on the lower end.

Throw a guy and he explodes... because why not? XD

---

In MegaNep VII, my characters reached level 630 just now.
Can't believe I already made it that far, honestly. Just a little more to go!

Edited by DragonFlames