The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Just now, Shrimperor said:

So, here's a Hot take:

I think it's fine that final dungeons of games are super long. After all, it's the final dungeon, the last hurrah, the big oomph, the home stretch.

The game should go out with a bang and show everything it offers, and test the player of everything possible. It is the culimnation of the player's journey, after all.

Seeing people complain about long final dungeon makes me go ????

Yeah, it only makes sense that the last part of a game would be the longest and the most challenging part. You've come this far, you've become much stronger than when you started (as well as the other playable characters if there are any), you've earned this.

That's why BotW's ending was so disappointing. No actual dungeon and two easy boss battles to go with it. Such a massive, rewarding game to play through with an anti-climactic, unsatisfying finish. I spent so much time improving Link with the shrines, better weapons, and better armor. The least they could do was give me a gauntlet to fight through to get to Ganon.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I agree with you, actually. Didn't know that was a hot take.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

People complain about final dungeons being long? If it's repetitive, i can understand but length itself isn't the issue imo.

I've seen it alot, that complaint.

People complaining about Berseria's final dungeon, or Trails', as an example.

And other known final dungeons that are long.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's why BotW's ending was so disappointing. No actual dungeon and two easy boss battles to go with it. Such a massive, rewarding game to play through with an anti-climactic, unsatisfying finish. I spent so much time improving Link with the shrines, better weapons, and better armor. The least they could do was give me a gauntlet to fight through to get to Ganon.

I remember my brother also expecting more from the Castle in BOTW. He thought he would've to all ''ways'', not just one way which will send him to the end straight.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

you have to listen to this while you're in it:

Yikes, that track

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Now you just need to risk units' lives for memes, use the Devil Axe whenever you can, and fail at least ten iron man runs

Aheheheheheheheh...Yeah, I did all of those things.

Well, not the devil axe. I did use it in my first run because I didn't know what it did, but otherwise haven't risked it.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think it's fine that final dungeons of games are super long. After all, it's the final dungeon, the last hurrah, the big oomph, the home stretch.

I agree; that's why I really liked the endings of Skyward Sword and Wind Waker; both had final temples as the hardest the game had to offer. BOTW and Twilight princess were both kind of a letdown in that respect.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

To be fair, if you haven't beaten Thunder/wind/water/fireblight ganon(s), it is very hard. I've never run into that problem as we got every shrine and almost every side quest.

Gotta say though, master mode is amazing. It's actually hard and I love it!

Just now, Benice said:

Gotta say though, master mode is amazing. It's actually hard and I love it!

One of these days, I'll have to do a Master Mode playthrough. I'll add it to my already way too large backlog of games.

Actually, just wondering, has anyone else here done the glitch in BOTW in which you clip through the wall in the final boss fight? I did and it was really funny. I decided to see what would happen if I went back to hyrule castle and re initiated the boss fight and the game died.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I've seen it alot, that complaint.

People complaining about Berseria's final dungeon, or Trails', as an example.

And other known final dungeons that are long.

Wat.
2kbnK6g.jpg

I LOVED that final dungeon. It's one of the best in the Tales series.
But different strokes for different folks, I guess...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yikes, that track

Right? And with how long and tedious that dungeon already is, you'll be listening to it for a long, loooooong time...

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Aheheheheheheheh...Yeah, I did all of those things.

You are now Mangs Jr.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I LOVED that final dungeon. It's one of the best in the Tales series.

And the music!

I love that track so so so so so so so so so so so so so much

not to mention where the dungeon is located

Infact, i still have that moment before you head into the final dungeon screenshotted to use as a Wallpaper

nivsBm6.jpg

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You are now Mangs Jr.

I qualify for this for no other reason than I think Louise is undisputed best FE7 waifu.

Louise.(Fire.Emblem).600.2575106.jpg

Thankfully I don't send my units to their doom for memes or play FE Ironman anything. And I'm not bald.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I think  Louise Florina is undisputed best FE7 waifu.

Fixed it for you!

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No actual dungeon and two easy boss battles to go with it. Such a massive, rewarding game to play through with an anti-climactic, unsatisfying finish. I spent so much time improving Link with the shrines, better weapons, and better armor. The least they could do was give me a gauntlet to fight through to get to Ganon.

Eh, aesthetically, i liked Hyrule Castle. Plus the music.

I do agree on the final boss though. The free 50% HP cut you deal doesn't help either.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And the music!

I love that track so so so so so so so so so so so so so much

It's one of my absolute favorite final dungeon themes.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not to mention where the dungeon is located

Infact, i still have that moment before you head into the final dungeon screenshotted to use as a Wallpaper

nivsBm6.jpg

Time to go to

SPACE!

Yup, everything about that dungeon is awesome. The final boss is a blast, too.

Location-wise, Tales always got a little... creative with its final dungeons. Here are three of the craziest ones I've found:
Symphonia: Dawn of the New World: you're in an otherworldly chasm that leads to the realm of demons.
Xillia 2: you're inside a womb-like object that floats in the sky and there's a giant fetus inside of it. Yes, really.
And then in Tales of Hearts R you're on (and inside of) a moon-sized, man-made monster that eats people's emotions and turns them to stone on a planetary scale and in fact has done so in the past.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I freaking miss that game. Please next Tales be as good.

I hope so, too!

Edited by DragonFlames

O.o

What happens inside that dungeon was also my first "Re;Birth 2 Conquest moment", so to speak.
That final boss fight. That music. That ending.
The entire second half of Xillia 2 is one giant tear jerker, but the payoff in those final moments is just... beautiful. It was probably the first time a video game actually made me cry.

Listening to this brings it all back, too.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Plus the music

Yeah, the music was among the better ones in BOTW. (Not that it had many, but still.) I think my favorite is the Molduga battle theme, followed by the Tarrey town theme and then the Talus theme.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Listening to this brings it all back, too.

Ah i know that Track!

Youtube rec'd it to me like 7 years ago xD

I love it 😄

Can Falcom please make an opening like this again.

It's like

better than the last 10 years of openings, combined

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, the music was among the better ones in BOTW. (Not that it had many, but still.) I think my favorite is the Molduga battle theme, followed by the Tarrey town theme and then the Talus theme.

It didn't hurt that the Molduga battle theme was a throwback to Molgera's theme from Wind Waker and was composed by the same person.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah i know that Track!

Youtube rec'd it to me like 7 years ago xD

I love it 😄

^^
For the longest time, that was my favorite final battle theme.
Then Lucia happened.

It's also an instrumental version of the game's opening, which is my personal favorite in the Tales series next to Berseria's.

*jaw drops to the floor*
*starts headbanging*

Can Falcom please make opening like this again.

It's like

better than the last 10 years of oppenings, combined

The CS openings can't even begin to compare.

Edited by DragonFlames

Ah, Ys... bumping best attack feature, bring it back.

I started with Origin, though. I think it was thanks to FE4T that I tried it out.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

*jaw drops to the floor*
*starts headbanging*

reminder that this is first dungeon theme.

Yes, first dungeon.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The CS openings can't even begin to compare.

any modern Falcom opening really. Even non-Trails. Ever since they switched to that cheap animation style it's been pretty bleh.

Ys 9 even has no op lol

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I started with Origin, though

Same! 

Ys origin Demo on steam, my Falcom beginning.

reminder that this is first dungeon theme.

Yes, first dungeon.

O.O

*headbangs some more*

Ys 9 even has no op lol

Oh wow... That is quite the embarrassment.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

It didn't hurt that the Molduga battle theme was a throwback to Molgera's theme from Wind Waker and was composed by the same person.

Not gonna lie, I actually prefer the music in the second battle against Molgera. But yeah, absolutely one of my favorites from the series. The others that come to mind are Demise's battle theme, the Tentalus theme, but the best theme in all of zelda was the ballad of the goddess IMO. (The actual song starts at about 34 seconds) Ahhh...The nostalgia that I feel when I hear this song...I don't think any game will ever surpass Skyward Sword as my favorite game.