Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Happy Birthday, @DragonFlames

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Happy anniversary of your birth @DragonFlames

2 hours ago, Benice said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @DragonFlames!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Welcome to the 27, Serenes Flames of Dragons.

Enjoy your stay^^

Happy Birthday 😄

5 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Happy birthday DragonFlames!

Thank you so much, guys! I hope you all have a fantastic day, as well!

I'll be a wizard in three years if the old urban legend is true.

---

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ugh, being stuck over wanting to write something... and not wanting to write it. Why must it happen so often...

This is relatable on so many levels.

1 minute ago, Gorgonath said:

Why are we still here, just to win this challenge?

That, and to freely discuss stuff without going off topic at all.

---

I decided to get Blue Reflection, it's downloading right now.
... Just going off of the premise, I have a distinct feeling this game is going to do to me what Gilgamesh did to Illya that one time.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll be a wizard in three years if the old urban legend is true.

We love Witches so much, we are gonna join the sorcery school for them

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

... Just going off of the premise, I have a distinct feeling this game is going to do to me what Gilgamesh did to Illya that one time.

493647585320501259.png?v=1

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

We love Witches so much, we are gonna join the sorcery school for them

I know I would!
Actually being able to cast magic would be fun, too.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

493647585320501259.png?v=1

My first reaction to that scene in the UBW movie (aside from utter shock) was "they did not just do that, did they?", followed by wanting Gilgamesh to die a horrible, humiliating death, and "well, this gives a whole new meaning to 'stealing a girl's heart'".

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My first reaction to that scene in the UBW movie (aside from utter shock) was "they did not just do that, did they?", followed by wanting Gilgamesh to die a horrible, humiliating death, and "well, this gives a whole new meaning to 'stealing a girl's heart'".

hehe

Can't wait for your reaction on the Golden Dinner in HF

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

hehe

Can't wait for your reaction on the Golden Dinner in HF

Right, the Heaven's Feel movies!
I'll probably watch those in the coming days, since I don't have much work to do for university right now.
Have they released all of them yet?

Youtube rec'd me stuff i have not listened to in like 5 years now.

377110562116468766.png?v=1

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Have they released all of them yet?

nope, movie 3 got delayed due to corona

Just now, Shrimperor said:

nope, movie 3 got delayed due to corona

Ah, that makes sense.
I wanted to try and watch them when everything was out, but with that going on, I'll probably watch what's already there.

a classic Fate x Touhou meme. Ultimate combination.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I wanted to try and watch them when everything was out, but with that going on, I'll probably watch what's already there.

post your impressions 😉

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Has someone here some Rean x Musse fanart?

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/73739957

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/73545731

Here are some from pixiv. Searching through Musse tag (or Rean x Musse if it exists, since there's a Rean x Altina tag lol) should land you some more

Since joining SF, I've been hearing really positive things about the Trails series (a series I've never actually heard of or played). For someone wanting to get into the games, would Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky for the PSP be a good place to start? My laptop is hit or miss for PS2 and GC, but I can emulate everything through DS and PSP with no issues.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Since joining SF, I've been hearing really positive things about the Trails series (a series I've never actually heard of or played). For someone wanting to get into the games, would Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky for the PSP be a good place to start? My laptop is hit or miss for PS2 and GC, but I can emulate everything through DS and PSP with no issues.

Even a toaster computer can run Trails in the Sky (aslong as it is a windows pc).

Pc version is much much better than psp

Edited by Shrimperor

Yeah, the Sky and Crossbell games have really no technical requirememts. They are based on Windows XP engine.

Edit: The second Crossbell game can't be obtained in a legal way as far as I know. I played this on PSP (in JP).

Edited by Falcom Knight

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Pc version is much much better than psp

Yeah, I use Mac. Although I could use Bootcamp to install a Windows partition to play the PC version. Hm. I'll have to look into that. I could also end up playing Berwick Saga that way. 

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, I use Mac. Although I could use Bootcamp to install a Windows partition to play the PC version. Hm. I'll have to look into that. I could also end up playing Berwick Saga that way. 

Hopefully it works out^^

I legit love the Trails in the Sky Trilogy. Sky SC and Sky3rd are my #1 and #2 games of all time, respectively :3

Edited by Shrimperor

Ladies and gentlemen. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition for the Nintendo Switch is finally here. I started playing at midnight though only played for a 30 minutes before going to bed. I played more in the morning though. It's good to be back.

As i've stated before, i started with Future Connected because i really want to see what it has to offer. And i like i said before, anything i do post about Future Connected here will be very minor stuff. Gameplay, scenic screenshots, etc. Since it takes place after the main game, i have to be very careful with what i post about it.

In technical stuff, XenoblaDE is fucking with my muscle memory because i'm so used to Xenoblade 2's controls. Unlike Xenoblade 2, in XenoblaDE, hitting X does not bring up the skip travel menu, the minus button doesn't bring up the save and change time options, the party menu is brought up with the X button while the system menu is brought up with the plus button, as opposed to just having it all be under a main menu that you bring up with the plus button. It seems minor but when you're so used to Xenoblade 2 for three years, it does fuck with you a lot.

In happier news though, i really like the Quiet Moments. Those are basically Future Connected's variant of Heart-to-Hearts except they are structured like an actual cutscene rather than the speech bubbles that Xenoblade usually uses for it's Heart-to-Hearts. But because there's no Affinity in Future Connected, the Quiet Moments exist purely for character building. There is no gameplay benefit to doing them. 

I did take some screenshots (again, very minor stuff)

EZL-M6wU0AENoW5?format=jpg&name=large

Brog moment.

Also i killed my first Unique Monster in Future Connected

And this was before i recruited any Ponspectors too so i was locked from doing any Union Strikes.

So far, the only issue i have with Future Connected is that Nene and Kino's Arts are exactly the same as Reyn and Sharla's. I mean, some of the Art names get "Nopon-fied" but i do wish that Nene and Kino were made to be more unique. And yes, Kino has his own version of Cooldown, which means he's getting the bench. 

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

No lie, that's what got me into the series too. A lot of people here (well from what i've seen) seem to be Falcom fans and that natrually made me curious. Trails is now my second favorite JRPG series haha.

Meanwhile, i still need to actually play more Ys. Last thing i remember doing was being halfway through the fire temple in Ys 7.