The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Just now, lightcosmo said:
  Hide contents

The Colonel doesnt die.

Spoiler

Huh. I had the impression that he got killed by a Mechon.

Oh well all the better. I kind of like the guy.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/29/2020 at 10:43 AM, Armagon said:

So far, the only issue i have with Future Connected is that Nene and Kino's Arts are exactly the same as Reyn and Sharla's. I mean, some of the Art names get "Nopon-fied" but i do wish that Nene and Kino were made to be more unique. And yes, Kino has his own version of Cool Off, which means he's getting the bench. 

Why did they feel compelled to give Sharla a Talent Art thats purely a malus? Isn't standard Art cooldown enough of a balance on her healing and support? Not to mention her general lack of damage.

Buuuuuut, Kino has to be there as a safety mechanism I guess. Someone with overkill healing just in case you're "not good enough" to get by without it.

15 hours ago, Caster said:

I finished Dragon Quest XI today.
I also beat the final boss without realizing I could weaken him, so... that was definitely... something. 

But despite some gripes with the last act, I had a lot of fun with the game. Glad I picked it up.

Although it distracts me from another game or three I should be working on, I did start the DQXI postgame that in a way shouldn't be a postgame. It's okay, but narratively POSTGAME DQXI SPOILERS!...

Spoiler

As a fan of Sylvando, the unwriting of the Soldiers of Smile from history is a letdown. What replaced it wasn't substantial. And I don't understand why Sylvando couldn't get his Chivalry skill section in the 2nd act either. It and Hendrik's Fraternity aren't so good that they deserved to be forced into the postgame.

On a similar note, Veronica and Serena got what looks like lackluster expansions to their Character Builders in the postgame. I preferred Serena's merged Character Builder instead.

Though, making the legendary past more alive in the postgame was a neat move.

----

And very random Xenothought, could they give us a female Van- next time? For a double whammy, make it Vanhouten.😛

52 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Heaven's funds

XD

---

So, confirmed: Gae Bolg > Porsche.
Good to know. Thanks, Lancer!

Poor Assassin and Caster. Major antagonists in Fate/Stay Night, unceremoniously offed by... whatever the f*** that thing was. Intriguing!

Also, lol that Rider curbstomp.

I was just commenting to myself how this particular Rider was one of my favorite Servants due to her unique fighting style,

only for Saber to go "Nope!" and just fling her into a wall with no effort.

Shinji's face during that whole thing just made me burst out laughing. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although it distracts me from another game or three I should be working on, I did start the DQXI postgame that in a way shouldn't be a postgame. It's okay, but narratively POSTGAME DQXI SPOILERS!...

Hide contents

As a fan of Sylvando, the unwriting of the Soldiers of Smile from history is a letdown. What replaced it wasn't substantial. And I don't understand why Sylvando couldn't get his Chivalry skill section in the 2nd act either. It and Hendrik's Fraternity aren't so good that they deserved to be forced into the postgame.

On a similar note, Veronica and Serena got what looks like lackluster expansions to their Character Builders in the postgame. I preferred Serena's merged Character Builder instead.

Though, making the legendary past more alive in the postgame was a neat move.

Yea, I definitely prefer the Act 2 events to what they supplemented them with in act 3, but overall I did enjoy the game, and I feel like there were definitely some characters who should have gotten supplemental parts in act 3 (cough, my favorite character, Serena)

Edited by Caster

So, I just got done watching the first Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Funds movie. It was a ride, that's for sure. Visuals and animation were really, really good (I swear, the battle scenes were just ufotable showing off), and the music was downright gorgeous.
I haven't played the original visual novel this is based on, so I have no clue how good/faithful the adaptation is, but frankly, this movie was so good, I don't even care about that.
Though the first movie left me with a whole bunch of questions, I can safely say that this is probably one of the best animated films I have seen yet.

I'll probably watch the second one tomorrow.

I also found out that a legendary spear can apparently cut through sports cars like it's nothing. Explain that, car industry!

53 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

offed by

HF is a blood bath.

And a well executed one at that

53 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Shinji's face during that whole thing just made me burst out laughing. XD

Shithead as a master is nerfing Rider a whole damn alooooooooooooooooot.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I haven't played the original visual novel this is based on, so I have no clue how good/faithful the adaptation is, but frankly, this movie was so good, I don't even care about that.

except for shafting Illya and Kirei, it's actually pretty faithful. And actually does Shirou x Sakura a bit better than VN.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll probably watch the second one tomorrow.

👍

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

HF is a blood bath.

And a well executed one at that

A-yup.

Even Saber wasn't immune. She met her evil self, though. That was an awesome scene, I found.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Shithead as a master is nerfing Rider a whole damn alooooooooooooooooot.

Oooooh yeah.

When she came back, she actually made "New Assassin", who previously killed Caster, Lancer, and that one teacher, as well as incapacitated Saber, retreat, which is mighty impressive. I was surprised when she did, then I remembered who her actual Master was implied to be in the other adaptations.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

except for shafting Illya and Kirei, it's actually pretty faithful.

Ah, I see.

Archer didn't really get much screentime in the first movie, either, to be fair. Arguably less than Illya and Kirei, even.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And actually does Shirou x Sakura a bit better than VN.

That's interesting, but I'm not entirely surprised, because I found the budding romance between Shirou and Sakura really, REALLY well done. Much better than the other pairings in the other adaptations. If you want to sell me on a romance, this is how you do it.
However, I do think the other pairings were quite well done in the other adaptations, too.

Also, someone should've really bought some bugspray for Shirou. Would've helped him out a lot.

And a note about the "I offed people" guy:

His voice changed after he ate Lancer's heart, which I found interesting. He went from crazed lunatic to being voiced by the same dude who voiced

Dynasty Warriors' icon, Lu Bu. I wonder what kind of mythical hero he's going to turn out to be in the end. The name of his Noble Phantasm certainly did not ring a bell.

HF VN opening (without animation since animation is spoilery af. Even if Super sick.)

And yes, each route got it's own opening, even if FATE and UBW share the song, but different verses.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:
Spoiler

Archer didn't really get much screentime in the first movie, either, to be fair. Arguably less than Illya and Kirei, even

Archer doesn't play that big of a role in HF. Movie 2 he does (which is halfway through HF route) have quite a big one though.

Illya and Kirei are almost main characters in HF though, so seeing them getting shafted in the movies is kinda sad.

That's interesting, but I'm not entirely surprised, because I found the budding romance between Shirou and Sakura really, REALLY well done. Much better than the other pairings in the other adaptations. If you want to sell me on a romance, this is how you do it.

Ayy. Shirou x Sakura is my fav. out of the Three, too. 

They really did it well in the movie with having that Sakura introduction at the start.

His voice changed after

You will know why later 😉

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

HF VN opening (without animation since animation is spoilery af. Even if Super sick.)

Awesome song!
The first movie's opening theme was better (I'm kinda afraid to look it up, though, because of hypothetical spoilers), but this is still f***ing good.

Archer doesn't play that big of a role in HF. Movie 2 he does (which is halfway through HF route) have quite a big one though.

Nice!

Illya and Kirei are almost main characters in HF though, so seeing them getting shafted in the movies is kinda sad.

Well, there is still movie 3 coming up, so the two of them might get their opportunity there.

Since I haven't actually read the VN (yet), I didn't actually mind Illya and Kirei's (so far) limited involvement in the movie's ongoings from a pure plot perspective.
As someone who actually likes both characters, however, I was kinda sad, but I understand where they were coming from with not giving them that much screentime so far.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ayy. Shirou x Sakura is my fav. out of the Three, too.

Man of culture. I knew that.

They really did well in the movie with having that Sakura introduction at the start.

Absolutely. It immediately set the tone and focus for the movie, too, which I liked a lot.

You will know why later 😉

It figures.

I initially suspected he copied Lancer's abilities by eating his heart, but he hasn't whipped out the Gae Bolg yet.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, there is still movie 3 coming up, so the two of them might get their opportunity there.

Thing is though, alot of the movie 3 stuff depends on Illya/Kirei development in earlier parts.

The Movies work fine so far without them, true, but without their development True end will feel like a massive cop out. 

As i said, they are no less important than Shirou or Sakura, and are main character themselves.

Fun Fact: The cut Illya route was suppossed to be a split from Heaven's Feel. Her route got mixed into Sakura's instead.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It figures.

Nah, spoiler is completely wrong xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Thing is though, alot of the movie 3 stuff depends on Illya/Kirei development in earlier parts.

The Movie works fine so far without them, true, but without their development True end will feel like a massive cop out. 

As i said, they are no less important that Shirou or Sakura, and are main character themselves.

Yeah, okay, I can definitely see why that is a problem.
You have to forgive me for not knowing the source material well enough to make these connections. XD

Or maybe they'll make up their own ending. It wouldn't be the first time ufotable made drastic changes to the source material, see the Tales of Zestiria anime that was arguably a better story than the original game.

Fun Fact: The cut Illya route was suppossed to be a split from Heaven's Feel. Her route got mixed into Sakura's instead.

Natsu was like "nah, let IntSys/KT take that one in the future."

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nah, spoiler is completely wrong xD

I kinda thought so, because that would be too obvious, not to mention they would've shown that off already if it was the case.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Or maybe they'll make up their own ending

Or they go with the normal ending...

which would make sense considering how Illya & Kirei got shafted...

but i hate the normal ending lol.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Natsu was like "nah, let IntSys/KT take that one in the future.

527694071041359882.png?v=1

speaking about good HF songs, wait until you hear HF Movie 2 ending song

👌

On 5/28/2020 at 9:34 PM, Tryhard said:

@Nobody

a5528ef1a2aa1e49dad83f90c6bccd9e.png

well, looks like phil is actually going to play a fire emblem

dun dun

I'm sure he's going with Normal/Casual haha

I see this already happened

How did it go?

Edited by Nobody

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Or they go with the normal ending...

which would make sense considering how Illya & Kirei got shafted...

but i hate the normal ending lol.

Now I wonder what happens in that ending to make you hate it.

I'll resist the temptation of looking it up, though, because I want to see the second, and, if possible, third movie spoiler-free.

527694071041359882.png?v=1

That emoji is adorable.

What wasn't adorable as much as it was utterly terrifying, however, was Illya ordering Berserker to, and I quote "violate" Saber. Sent a chill down my spine, ngl.

speaking about good HF songs, wait until you hear HF Movie 2 ending song

👌

I'm looking forward to it tomorrow!

If you're wondering "why not now?", it's rather late for another probably 2-hour long movie, and I want to really let the first one sink in before I tackle the second one.

So i finished Future Connected. Clocked in at about 10 hours after doing all the Quiet Moments and Ponspector sidequests (didn't do every regular sidequest or hunt down every UM tho), which is around how long Takahashi said it would be. I won't talk about the story itself, because spoilers but i will say to temper your expectations if you're expecting anything massive. Future Connected is not like Torna ~ The Golden Country at all. It's more akin to an Affinity Mission from Xenoblade X. Obviously expanded of course. I say that because it really is Melia's story and it's 100% character driven by her. I'm satisfied by what i got though. Definitley a nice, extra piece of Xenoblade content. But if for whatever reason you don't like Melia at all, you will not enjoy Future Connected.

In others news, i tried out Casual Mode to see what it was like. I was wrong in thinking it was like Trails' Weaken Enemies feature. Instead, it really is just easy mode. Except......in addition to lower stats, i think it also removes or significantly tones down the level penalties. Finally, Xenoblade 1 can be a good game. Jokes aside, level penalties were my biggest problem with the original. DE still has them but it seems Casual Mode does away with them. I'm not fond of Casual Mode lower enemy stats but if it takes away the level penalties, i might consider using it. To give a frame of reference, i fought at Lv.80 UM (the highest leveled UM in Future Connected btw) at Lv.73. That level difference would destroy you normally because of the level penalties but Casual Mode made the fight a lot fairer.

Also, Quiet Moments can be viewed in the event theater. And i found out the same goes for Heart-to-Hearts. This is good result!

2 hours ago, Strullemia said:

I’m playing through XB and it’s fun. So far I just want to say that the 

(XB1 and XB2 spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Yeah, the beginning of Xenoblade 1 is so good. Even before the Colony 9 attack, the Battle of Sword Valley is such a good opening.

Like, as much as i prefer Xenoblade 2's story over 1's (especially if viewed as a combined package with Torna), i will say Xenoblade 1 definitely has the better start to it's story.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why did they feel compelled to give Sharla a Talent Art thats purely a malus? Isn't standard Art cooldown enough of a balance on her healing and support? Not to mention her general lack of damage.

Yeah, i really don't get the point of Cool Off. It actively brings the combat down by essentially making her a liability in combat. Sharla is useful but once Dunban joins, there's pretty much no reason to keep her in the party. Riki is better for pure healing anyways imo.

It's the same line of thought that makes me question what the actual point of level penalties in Xenoblade 1 are. It's not there to stop you from cheesing, considering there's a cap on how much EXP you can get off a single enemy. The level difference alone puts you at a disadvantage, there's no need to have another factor in it. It's just something that's purely a negative.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Buuuuuut, Kino has to be there as a safety mechanism I guess. Someone with overkill healing just in case you're "not good enough" to get by without it.

Probably but once you get access to Union Strikes, the blue Union Strike can provide better heals than Kino. Like, i never really felt that i needed Kino in the party. Even when the party gauge wasn't full, Shulk's Light Heal was fine for healing. Not to mention you have access to Monado Armor and we all know how busted that is.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I'll resist the temptation of looking it up, though, because I want to see the second, and, if possible, third movie spoiler-free.

Definetly don't look it up. It will spoil everything for you hehe.

I can give you some cool Bad Endings after Movie 2 however...

Which i will base some of my bad ends in Teehee on.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

terrifying

...You should see some of the Bad ends involving Illya, especially in Fate route.

Crazy stuff lol.

And by that i mean more crazy than you can imagine.

Alot of the bad ends are crazy in general.

HF got the best and coolest bad ends however.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm looking forward to it tomorrow!

Can't wait for your reaction 😄

Man, all this talk about Fate makes me which we get classic Fate again, and not those modern F tier spin-offs or shitty gacha...

Just like with Trails, i am a Fate boomer xD

Atleast 3rei is still a thing

Edited by Shrimperor

Definetly don't look it up. It will spoil everything for you hehe.

I won't, don't worry!

I can give you some cool Bad Endings after Movie 2 however...

Which i will base some of my bad ends in Teehee on.

That I definitely want to learn about!
Especially if it's going to be relevant for Teehee.

...You should see some of the Bad ends involving Illya, especially in Fate route.

Crazy stuff lol.

And by that i mean more crazy than you can imagine.

Oi.

I bet at least one of them involves the early scene where Shirou takes Berserker's massiv-- er, I mean, protects Saber from Berserker's attack and almost dies.

Alot of the bad ends are crazy in general.

HF got the best and coolest bad ends however.

Speaking of which, has it ever happened to you that you preferred a bad or normal ending to a good or true ending?
This might be a random question, but I had this happen to me once before, so I just thought I'd ask.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Can't wait for your reaction 😄

I'll certainly post my thoughts, as promised.

I almost wrote out one of the most bad ass scenes in existence from memory, but it's a major spoiler so i had to delete it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That scene.

If Ufo does it well in Movie 3

Nothing can ever top it.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I bet at least one of them involves the early scene where Shirou takes Berserker's massiv-- er, I mean, protects Saber from Berserker's attack and almost dies.

iirc a bad end involves not protecting Saber at that scene lol.

And the bad end before it is choosing to not fight in the war.

Which ends in Illya gutting Shirou and making him experience everything she feels as her puppet.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of which, has it ever happened to you that you preferred a bad or normal ending to a good or true ending?

Yes.

Especially when it's a rad bad ending.

Does Nep 2 Conquest count?