And you know that i think that Cold Steel 2 is utter dog shite

so

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Apocrypha makes Cold Steel 2 looks like a Master piece

And you know that i think that Cold Steel 2 is utter dog shite

so

OOOF

Then I'd really rather not know about it...

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

OOOF

OOOF indeed

Jeannu might be hot

but she's there just to be banged by MC

who's a literal self insert with 0 personality.

Apocrypha is just the author wanting to self-insert to bang a saber face

Just now, Shrimperor said:

OOOF indeed

Jeannu might be hot

but she's there just to be banged by MC

who's a literal self insert with 0 personality.

Apocrypha is just the author wanting to self-insert to bang a saber face

That hurts. It really does.
Disrespecting the historical person who inspired my own MC like that... how dare.

If I ever delve deeper into Fate than just the anime releases, I'mma stay far, faaaaar away from that one.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is there a clear narrative direction Future Connected points in for the next game? Or is the above merely a vague marketing ploy?

I'll be honest: I do not know. I could easily see it being either of the two options but I can't say anything for sure.

All I'll say is that I'm still trying to figure out what it meant by "Future Connected".

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The way you speak of FC, I can't envision it as being what Takahashi claims it to be. An Affinity Mission wasn't usually overly substantial in the grand (as in, not personal, about the world at large) scheme of things.

Well an Affinity Mission was the closest thing I could compare it to. See, while I consider Torna to be it's own game, I can't say the same about Future Connected.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

If I ever delve deeper into Fate than just the anime releases, I'mma stay far, faaaaar away from that one.

Just do Stay Night + Hollow Attraxia + Zero.

And Prisma Illya Manga (Not anime! Except maybe movie.)

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just do Stay Night + Hollow Attraxia + Zero.

And Prisma Illya Manga (Not anime! Except maybe movie.)

Noted!
I have seen Stay Night, Zero (though this was a while ago, so I honestly don't remember much), the UBW movie, the UBW anime, and the first Heaven's Feel movie so far.
And I watched a bit of a Fate/Extra playthrough.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have seen Stay Night, Zero (though this was a while ago, so I honestly don't remember much), the UBW movie, the UBW anime, and the first Heaven's Feel movie so far.

I think you will really love HA

It's mostly characters interacting with each other (with some plot on the side) and lore + Backstories

wholesome stuff instead of Murder Death Kill xD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I think you will really love HA

It's mostly characters interacting with each other (with some plot on the side) and lore + Backstories

wholesome stuff instead of Murder Death Kill xD

That really does sound nice for a change.
Reminds me to also put Carnival Phantasm on that list.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Carnival Phantasm is basically a spin off of Hollow Attraxia^^

I see! That's good to know! ^^

So, I'm probably going to spend the next few weeks watching Fate stuff when I'm not playing or writing stuff?
I have no objections to that plan.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just made it past Makna Forest. Currently level 40.

Bro, the game came out yesterday. How are you that far already? You're not the only one either.

4 hours ago, Nobody said:

I'm sure he's going with Normal/Casual haha

I see this already happened

How did it go?

Normal/Classic

a lot of talking and little gameplay because he's the master of stretching things out. there's a lot of talking in three houses and he's just so boring

but he hasn't really run into anything other than the first combat trial so far and it's been four hours

...which he managed to game over on because edelgard died

pictures moments before disaster

bbfcae032adb2f4286858eea404bb676.jpg

"no, he survived with one hp?!"

Edited by Tryhard

So, made it now to Zoomingale. Hmm, interesting how for a change Zoom has to be unlocked via a quest. I don't remember if the series has done it again. Well then. Hmm, I could continue onward or grind a little for money for equipment. Despite my previous statement, I did tried again the Tombola before departing for Hay. Got the Loyalty Card on the third-fourth attempt, lucky me. It only grants a 20% discount, but that's still a good amount of gold saved.

Well, in any case, that will be for next time.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Bro, the game came out yesterday. How are you that far already? You're not the only one either.

Really? This is actually slow for me, since I'm leveling up alot more than normal. I know pretty much all of the best level up spots and such as well. 40 for Makna Forest is high for me, I'm usually 36 or so.

Edit: I see your level 9 against Metal Face, I was 15 when I faced him!

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'll be honest: I do not know. I could easily see it being either of the two options but I can't say anything for sure.

All I'll say is that I'm still trying to figure out what it meant by "Future Connected".

Interesting, it's been left ambiguous. Thats great for one thing that aggravates fans but they it adore it too: spe-cu-lation

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Also, Quiet Moments can be viewed in the event theater. And i found out the same goes for Heart-to-Hearts. This is good result!

Forgot my mandatory "YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" earlier. This is great, no more resetting to see both dialogue paths! And I can relive the little joys whenever.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well an Affinity Mission was the closest thing I could compare it to. See, while I consider Torna to be it's own game, I can't say the same about Future Connected.

I get your point then. I assume you still haven't watched the Affinity Missions yet? Just asking.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Did they increase the amount of QTE flower petals here? 

They didn't include this in XC2 or Torna, considering it's in both of the prior games and powerful (and memey in the first), ya think they'd try to make a tradition out of it and maybe make it a special for a Chroma Katana Rare Blade, but nope, none have it. The closest we got name-wise appears to be Sword Blossom on Addam. He woulda been a fine choice for Blossom Dance, because Torna is aesthetically Japanese and he's the great hero of legend- a worthy dancing companion for Dunban and Nagi.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Edit: I see your level 9 against Metal Face, I was 15 when I faced him!

Well, I also have Expert Mode turned on. Without it, I probably would be higher-leveled but Expert Mode is just so good for not overleveling.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I assume you still haven't watched the Affinity Missions yet? Just asking.

I've actually been rewatching some of them on the side since it's been a while. 

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did they increase the amount of QTE flower petals here?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they did. I definitely don't remember seeing as many flower petals show up.

Speaking of QTEs, I feel like the timing for the "excellent" is different in Xenoblade 1 than it is in 2 and it's throwing me off. Case in point, I never got the Union Strike bonus meter to fill up all the way. I think you need to hit Excellent on the three QTEs but the timing for that is a lot stricter, I feel.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So you've seen...

Reveal hidden contents

Yelv's

set of Affinity Missions then? I've mistakenly beating around the bush then. 

Ah, I take it this is about

Spoiler

The epilogue were we see Not Yelv and something about the implementation of memories?

Yeah, I've known about that epilogue scene for a long time.

Edited by Armagon

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, I also have Expert Mode turned on. Without it, I probably would be higher-leveled but Expert Mode is just so good for not overleveling.

Speaking of QTEs, I feel like the timing for the "excellent" is different in Xenoblade 1 than it is in 2 and it's throwing me off. Case in point, I never got the Union Strike bonus meter to fill up all the way. I think you need to hit Excellent on the three QTEs but the timing for that is a lot stricter, I feel.

Ah, i enjoy the whole leveling up aspect, so I dont mind. And besides, this game holds no challenge really anymore, so it's mostly just for fun.

On the "excellent" timing, it seems that you have to hit it before it reaches the outside. At least, to me that's how it seems.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

On the "excellent" timing, it seems that you have to hit it before it reaches the outside. At least, to me that's how it seems.

Yeah, I did figure that out but my muscle memory is still so used to Xenoblade 2's QTEs.