Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Thanks for linking these.

Something i noticed, a lot of the animations here seem to lack weight. Like they look cool but they also feel a bit too fast. Not a big deal at all though, just a mild observation. Besides, God knows RD needs all the speed it can get.

Rewatching some of them, I see what you mean, too short to put oomph into the windup or a satisfying "thud" into the impact. Slower can be more epic, the Black Knight's Eclipse and some the GBA crits come to mind- like Swordmaster and Paladin.

Though, RD is spectacular with the high-rank magic animations I'd say. 3D games after RD have disappointed me in this regard, but it's hard to deny what they lack in flashiness, they gained in valuable utilitarian brevity.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200603_192638.jpg

Fear him.

A zombie durian? -That was my first impression. But now I see it's a Dinobeast coloration and maybe a Telethia face on his chest, mouth open wide. The face could be more pronounced, make its color not the same as the green around it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's actually nice for abusing the cheer up mechanic for free affinity.

On a side note, I started doing quests, which feel very tedious, perhaps it's just me, though.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A zombie durian? -That was my first impression. But now I see it's a Dinobeast coloration and maybe a Telethia face on his chest, mouth open wide. The face could be more pronounced, make its color not the same as the green around it.

It's actually one of the color variations (the spikey armor already existed before). There's a black version in the game

This is what one of the color variations of the full set looks like

5Ij8ZvchH6ICj5UgxEEOp_5XHSVygQQdtUM1PniLszbqaX2vZrQCfQnYYCnGZRLIc0Phj-JmnpdvFjbIYMxfmctCUvW7nPCsk5_8.png?width=407&height=431

The head is not stationairy btw, watch it in motion to really see what i mean.

The way cosemtic armor works in this game is different from X i think. Basically, as long as you owned a piece of armor at any point, even if you don't have it now, you can set it as cosemetic, even if it's something you can't wear because of weight. Like, i got some of the Emperor/ess armor sets and even though nobody can actually wear them for stats right now, they can for the aesthetic.

Shulk and Melia's outfits obtained from Future Connected can also be used in the main game and vice versa (it's the only thing that transfers between the two stories).

Btw, i recall you asking to post any cross-game outfits if they existed like in 2. To my knowledge, only one exists (and i have to put it in spoilers)

Spoiler

This ain't the best quality image but

20200529_153829.jpg?width=323&height=431

It seems Fiora has a new Pneuma-inspired look. Of course, people who haven't played Xenoblade 2 might not pick up on the reference unless they saw art of Pneuma somewhere else.

58 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's actually nice for abusing the cheer up mechanic for free affinity.

Yeah, i know lategame, you can just equip Debuff Immunity Gems on someone, fight that one UM with Sleep Spike, and constantly wake up your allies for Affinity points. Doing it at a high enough level also prevents the UM from being a real threat.

But i still think the level penalties are by far the worst mechanic out of any Xenoblade game's combat. Casual Mode seems to negate most of it at least.

...I really, really, really hate FE4. I don't know if I can finish the first generation...

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

OOF.

The gameplay i take it?

Yep. Slow, boring and BS in the ways they made it hard. Is there some kind of trick to recruiting Ayra? Because she's absurdly annoying in that she

• ORKO's literally everyone except for Arden, (because she hasn't yet not procced astra)
  • Gets killed by Arden if I'm too slow

What % chance does she have to proc astra? She's activated it, like, seventeen times in my three attempts.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yep. Slow, boring and BS in the ways they made it hard. Is there some kind of trick to recruiting Ayra? Because she's absurdly annoying in that she

• ORKO's literally everyone except for Arden, (because she hasn't yet not procced astra)
  • Gets killed by Arden if I'm too slow

What % chance does she have to proc astra? She's activated it, like, seventeen times in my three attempts.

Alec has Nihil, so you don't have to worry about anything if you bait her with him for one turn. Except him being slow, so just use a low weight sword or something,  since iron blade slows Ayra down a bit. 
Then just rush the castle with Sigurd.
She shouldn't attack once you seize the castle, but her AI is a bit weird.

Edited by Caster

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

What % chance does she have to proc astra?

Skl % iirc

But you shouldn't even fight here iirc.

What i did was bait her then let Sigurd rush the csstle iirc

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Skl % iirc

But you shouldn't even fight here iirc.

What i did was bait her then let Sigurd rush the csstle iirc

Mhm.
And I believe Sigurd can move in a way so he can kill boss and seize within 2 turns, so it shouldn't take more than the 1 turn of baiting Ayra.

Edited by Caster

Since i made one for Godzilla yesterday, i thought i'd make my own King Kong wallpaper as well
Zely7oI.jpg

Gonna see if i can try to do one for Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah and MechaGodzilla. Gonna be tricky if there's an uneven number of incarnations (MechaGodzilla currently has only four so that's one Kaiju with an even number of incarnations).

@Lightchao42

45 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Cant the Avalanche Abasay leave me in peace? Also, instant death spike, very cute.

Gonna see if i can actually beat the Avalanche Abassy this time. Or any of the other Superbosses not named Final Marcus. The level penalty bullshit was the main thing that kept me from doing so originally.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

...I really, really, really hate FE4. I don't know if I can finish the first generation...

Don't blame ya, FE4 gameplay is utter dogshit.

Spare yourself the pain of fighting Generals in FE4

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yep. Slow, boring and BS in the ways they made it hard

Thracia is much worse in that regard.

Edited by Armagon

I really would not call FE4 hard at all. It has some weird moments but it's nothing too hard to figure out.
You also have the ability to save at the start of every single turn... and have five save files.  So it's not like it's impossible to test anything.

Fighting Generals in FE4, just use HP draining weapons, as Great shield cannot activate against them. 

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gonna see if i can actually beat the Avalanche Abassy this time. Or any of the other Superbosses not named Final Marcus. The level penalty bullshit was the main thing that kept me from doing so originally.

Good luck! Yeah the accuracy penalty makes him.very painful to fight.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE4 is one of the easiest games in the series, if not outright the easiest one

How so? I just played through the prologue earlier and even struggled with that. Granted, I'm not that great of a FE player, but still.

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Really?

Umu umu.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

How so? I just played through the prologue earlier and even struggled with that.

The only challenges you really face are some of the holy blood bosses.

Other than that your units, especially the likes of Sigurd and Lewyn just roflstomp every thing, and the enemy quality is pretty damn low. Like really really low.

In my opinion I find FE9's slowness much more egregious than FE4's. 
I feel like FE4 was designed be at least be a slower paced game, so I don't find it annoying, and I just play the game if I wanna play something slower paced and just chill.
I like it.

Meanwhile, I really feel like they didn't design FE9 to be "slow" and didn't realize their map animations took 5 centuries. And if I lose someone I need and don't want to not reset in FE9, I have to do the entire slow map all over again. Unlike in FE4, where I just have to redo a turn if I mess up, because I can save at any time.

And I can forgive FE10 for it's first new playthrough slowness because I find RD a lot more interesting of a game then FE9 and I love playing it.

Also please don't ever try FE9 Maniac. It is the slowest and most agitating game mode I have played in this series. The enemy spam is real. And every enemy takes like 10 years to kill because their defenses are buffed to high hell.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I personally think USA FE9 (No Maniac) is the easiest. But I would say the easiest games are FE4,8, and 9 in some capacity.

Discord out of Context featuring Armagon

Screenshot_20200601-215017_1.png?width=4

Context: This is part of an ongoing joke. I take the role of the Xenoblade 2 elitist while my friend here takes the role of the Xenoblade 1 elitist. The Yin to every Yang. This is one of the many results of it.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That is a thing i will give it. Wouldn't call it the easiest (Sacred Stones, Echoes go for that title) but the abundance of saves makes it not really that challenging.

But it's still extremely tedious to play and i dislike nearly all of the gameplay choices.

I've already talked about my greivences in detail with every Kaga game that isn't FE3 but here i am again.