• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Utterly amazed at the things this man can do with Xenoblade 2's combat.

If you're curious as to how he was able to achive zero seconds, basically, the fight against Gladiator Orion doesn't actually begin until he draws his weapon. Enel hit him with enough power to kill him before the fight began. Hence the zero seconds.

n7jXc45.jpg

I've been enjoying making these.

Edit: Here's Rodan fucked up how they made an uneven five incarnations of the guy

UbO6lhJ.jpg

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I now see why others have said that it's the easiest FE game. If you know what you're doing and how things work, it's not difficult. But if you go in semi-blind like I did when I started, then being confused can make things more difficult than they need to be. I'm definitely looking forward to playing further.

I mean, we don't even have something the japanese have that makes it easier.
The instruction booklet, which explains most of this stuff in detail.
The lack of knowledge which you would have if you had the original release, probably doesn't help most people.

But yes, if you know what you're doing and the basic knowledge of how things actually work, I feel like the game gets a lot more fun and enjoyable to play.

It definitely has some awkward moments (like the bottleneck forest, which I honestly think is the most egregious example of awkward level design, I don't think anything is really worse than it.)

I think this game is a unique experience, it isn't for everyone, but I really don't think it deserves the incredibly harsh rep it gets from some people.

Edited by Caster

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Utterly amazed at the things this man can do with Xenoblade 2's combat.

If you're curious as to how he was able to achive zero seconds, basically, the fight against Gladiator Orion doesn't actually begin until he draws his weapon. Enel hit him with enough power to kill him before the fight began. Hence the zero seconds.

Poppi OP. Really, she is.

36 minutes ago, Caster said:

But yes, if you know what you're doing and the basic knowledge of how things actually work, I feel like the game gets a lot more fun and enjoyable to play.

I think this game is a unique experience, it isn't for everyone, but I really don't think it deserves the incredibly harsh rep it gets from some people.

Can't speak for everyone but me personally, i like going into games blind and figuring out how things work on my own. I don't mind the use of a guide here and there, especially for when games are dated (had to use one for Xenogears because that game does not tell you where to go half the time) but i feel like FE4 overall punishes you if you try playing it blind. The Japanese obviously didn't have this issue unless they didn't look at the manual for some reason. Thracia is even worse in this regard. You will have a bad time with Thracia if you play it blind.

Figuring out how things work is fine but there's a difference between that and being punished for learning.

I think a proper remake could scrub away all the major problems, and i don't mean cut down the map sizes as much as i would love that. If Gaiden can go from being an unplayable mess to a phenomenal Fire Emblem game, then FE4 can also benefit from getting the Echoes treatment.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Poppi OP. Really, she is.

Poppi QTPi is the best Blade in the game. At least according to Enel.

I haven't gotten anywhere near breaking the game like he has so i really can't say what the best Blades are.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Poppi QTPi is the best Blade in the game. At least according to Enel.

I haven't gotten anywhere near breaking the game like he has so i really can't say what the best Blades are.

Is this assuming new game +? And having best setups, and maxed affinity charts, etc?

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is this assuming new game +? And having best setups, and maxed affinity charts, etc?

Not sure about NG+ but the rest is definitly in regards to the most optimal setups.

Just now, Armagon said:

Not sure about NG+ but the rest is definitly in regards to the most optimal setups.

Is it mentioned the time required to get those setups? 

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Is it mentioned the time required to get those setups? 

Enel's probably mentioned it in some guides. Here's his channel if you want to check it out. He does a lot of Xenoblade gameplay content (though it does tend to have spoilers sometimes. He's usually pretty good about warning the viewer tho).

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Enel's probably mentioned it in some guides. Here's his channel if you want to check it out. He does a lot of Xenoblade gameplay content (though it does tend to have spoilers sometimes. He's usually pretty good about warning the viewer tho).

No worries about spoilers as I've completed them all! I've seen his content before, I believe. 

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Can't speak for everyone but me personally, i like going into games blind and figuring out how things work on my own. I don't mind the use of a guide here and there, especially for when games are dated (had to use one for Xenogears because that game does not tell you where to go half the time) but i feel like FE4 overall punishes you if you try playing it blind. The Japanese obviously didn't have this issue unless they didn't look at the manual for some reason. Thracia is even worse in this regard. You will have a bad time with Thracia if you play it blind.

Figuring out how things work is fine but there's a difference between that and being punished for learning.

I think a proper remake could scrub away all the major problems, and i don't mean cut down the map sizes as much as i would love that. If Gaiden can go from being an unplayable mess to a phenomenal Fire Emblem game, then FE4 can also benefit from getting the Echoes treatment.

I don't really see what's so bad about looking up what certain things do, when again. The Japanese literally had everything in a cozy little instruction booklet. And I'm pretty sure most developers assumed you were going to read it back then. Since I feel like there aren't many old games that tutorialize their games back then. I really don't see the issue with reading up information you would be expected to know from owning the damn game.

I really don't even agree with your argument on punishing the player for learning. When I first played this game I had like no idea what I'm doing and I barely had a hard time, even not knowing some info, so. And you can save at any time, so I also think it's hard to say you're going to be drastically punished for learning... when you have 4 save files worth of testing things you can try if you want.

I'm not saying the game doesn't have it's issues, it does. But I just don't agree with the severity of them.
I also don't even consider Gaiden an "unplayable mess" I don't think it's the most pleasant game to play, holy shit it's slow, but it's functional and does what it's goal was. Be a fucking bizarre fire emblem game.

I think Thracia has a lot more issues playing blind. But again, Japanese had instruction booklets that explained most of the things we americans wouldn't know. Some even came with video guides as well.
So I feel like most of this is just "Americans trying to play this game issue than a lot being inherently unfair"
I do think Thracia has some annoying design, though.
"Surprise, BITCH" Kaga is my least favorite Kaga design, but I at least have more fun with FE5 nowadays since I think it's more interesting to play and has more interesting map designs than FE7 and 8. So... that's just me.
I feel like Kaga got more mean when he made his own games, I liked TearRing Saga enough but holy shit some of those maps were absolutely infuriating.

Edited by Caster

Well, from the man's own words:

The game mechanics and story being difficult to decipher is a result of my own preferences, since I’ve always liked things like board games and war simulators. From the very start of the series, I had zero intention of creating a game that would be easy to play. This game is one step crazier than the previous entries, so the difficulty curve might be steep for players. However, it wasn’t my intention to make it purposely confusing.

I think the thing here is that... the Jugdral games weren't meant to be easy to play. Except people expect otherwise. Simply put, they weren't made for beginners to the series or those not accustomed to playing hard games, most likely.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Raiiiiiin...... of course when I am going home. At least I don't need to shower anymore today. It'swet and cold outside. Even turned on the heater. Three days ago I was sweating and now I'm freezing.

The concept for B and A support between Ashe and Kloe is done. Just have to go into the details. B support should be up later today.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

e Jugdral games weren't meant to be easy to play

Except they are easy though. Even Thracia is easy except for the surprises.

FE4 is very easy. Even easier than SS imo.

Edited by Shrimperor

7 hours ago, Caster said:

I don't really see what's so bad about looking up what certain things do, when again. The Japanese literally had everything in a cozy little instruction booklet.

Never said it was bad to do so, i just personally try not to, at least for a first run. If i'm really stuck, then yeah, but otherwise, i try to keep guides to a minimum.

7 hours ago, Caster said:

I feel like Kaga got more mean when he made his own games, I liked TearRing Saga enough but holy shit some of those maps were absolutely infuriating.

Vestaria Saga is no different.

Berwick, i'm unsure on because it's so fundamentally different compared to anything else Kaga has done.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I get the feeling that Fire Emblem would've actually died if Kaga stayed onboard.

Him leaving is one of the best things that happened to the series imo.

56 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE4 is very easy. Even easier than SS imo.

Hasn't it been proven that you can literally solo all of Sacred Stones with just Seth? Or is that just an exaggerated meme? I never verified.

Ashe x Kloe

B

Spoiler

Ashe: Hi Kloe! I’m going to gather some mushrooms in the forest for a dish. Would you like to accompany me?

Kloe: Mhm, some fresh air would be really nice.

Kloe and Ashe go to the forest nearby Garreg Mach. Kloe is picking up some mushrooms. Suddenly a boy appears and shoves Kloe.

Kloe: … Aaaw!

Ashe: Kloe! Are you alright?

Kloe: … Yeah… what was it!? Oooh... a boy!

Boy: ... Crap!

Ashe: Let me handle this!

The boy tries to run away, but Ashe catches him in time.

Ashe: Do you think you can escape?

Boy: …Aaah! Let me go, LET ME GO!

Kloe: Ashe, please don’t be so rude on him!

Ashe: Let’s see what we have here! Aha, a bag!

Kloe: … It’s my bag with all the mushrooms.

Boy: Give it back to me! I said: Give IT BACK! It’s MINE, YOU BASTARD!

Ashe: Calling me bastard!? Mhm… I think the only bastard here is you! Robbing a harmless girl out is quite ruthless, don’t you think? What would have happened, if she was injured?

Kloe: Ashe, please calm down!

Boy: You took everything from me what belongs to me!

Ashe: What!?

Boy: You took everything from me, my house, my family, my life! EVERYTHING! Sniffs

Kloe: …Aww… Little boy, I don’t know what happened, but please tell us your story. I promise we will listen to it and we don’t harm you, alright?

Boy: You are the ones who took everything from me! You work with them!

Kloe: I’m afraid it’s a misunderstanding. We detest any kind of such cruelity. Please I beg you to tell us your story. Otherwise we won’t be able to help you.

Ashe: Yeah, go ahead!

Boy: … You won’t be able to help me anyways… but whatever… fine. It was a couple of years ago when a group of dark and masked people broke into our house. ... They threatened us with weapons... but my mother refused to hand over our goods. ... Then one of the blackmen hit her on the head and she fell down on the ground... and her head hit the stone floor. ... She did........ not move... NOT MOVE. My sister and me watch that up close. The blackmen said: The kiddos are helpless and can't do anything, so let's light a fire and go! I tried to move... the body... but I was too weak. I carried my paralysed sister out of the house before the flames could hit us.

Kloe (hugs and holds the boy): ... I'm so sorry for you!

Boy: My mother......... my home......... disapperead.

Kloe: … Who would just do such a horrible thing... especially to a mother with her children nearby!? This is just inhuman!

Ashe: … People who care about their own ego and no one else. 

Kloe: So cruel! By the way what is with your father.

Boy: ... I never met him. Idk... I was alone with my sister. We had no home, no food, no money, NOTHING! The only way to survive is to look for stuff in the rubbish bins… and stealing… thing which belonged to us formerly.

Kloe: So the motive of stealing just to keep your sister alive, right?

Boy: Yeah, she's the only person left in my life and I want to grant her as less painful situation as possible.

Kloe: I see, and seriously I envy you! You took all your burdens on your shoulders just to protect your little sister. 

Ashe: Yeah, I understand your desperate situation. But it’s no justification to use that cruelty to rob out a little girl and being that selfish and don’t even give a little thing about her. Do you know what could have happened?

Boy: … I’m sorry, Miss!

Kloe: Ashe, it’s fine. I’m ok! I think it’s the best to go back to your sister and give the bag with some mushrooms to her! It should be enough for a little meal.

Ashe: Wait Kloe, are you sure?

Kloe: Yes, I am! The boy did very little and needs everything he can get to care his sister and himself. I wished I could do more, but I hope that bag of food is enough for you.

Boy: … WOW! Thank you, Miss! I’m sorry what I did and said to you! You’re not a bad person!

Kloe: Hihi, it makes me happy to hear that! Just have a good meal and take care of your sister and yourself! If you need something again, please feel free to come back to us at any time.

Boy: Alright… thank you very much!

The boy leaves.

Ashe: Hahaha… Why does this feel all so familiar for me…

Kloe: Ashe? You're looking so pale now!

Ashe: Oh Kloe… umm... it's nothing… just let’s head back to the monastery…

Kloe: ...

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I get the feeling that Fire Emblem would've actually died if Kaga stayed onboard.

Him leaving is one of the best things that happened to the series imo.

I'd have to agree. As great as the Kaga games are (and they are still really solid titles), FE becoming more accessible to a wider audience and more player-friendly when Kaga left let FE become what it is today: an enduring series that almost anyone can play and enjoy as well as one of Nintendo's most notable IPs. Are all the changes to the FE series over the years good changes? No. I don't think anyone would say that, myself included. But I think it's fair to say that sometimes, major changes in both the aspects of the product as well as the leadership overseeing it are required to keep a series going.

15 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Ashe x Kloe

B

Reveal hidden contents

Ashe: Hi Kloe! I’m going to gather some mushrooms in the forest for a dish. Would you like to accompany me?

Kloe: Mhm, some fresh air would be really nice.

Kloe and Ashe go to the forest nearby Garreg Mach. Kloe is picking up some mushrooms. Suddenly a boy appears and shoves Kloe.

Kloe: … Aaaw!

Ashe: Kloe! Are you alright?

Kloe: … Yeah… what was it!? Oooh... a boy!

Boy: ... Crap!

Ashe: Let me handle this!

The boy tries to run away, but Ashe catches him in time.

Ashe: Do you think you can escape?

Boy: …Aaah! Let me go, LET ME GO!

Kloe: Ashe, please don’t be so rude on him!

Ashe: Let’s see what we have here! Aha, a bag!

Kloe: … It’s my bag with all the mushrooms.

Boy: Give it back to me! I said: Give IT BACK! It’s MINE, YOU BASTARD!

Ashe: Calling me bastard!? Mhm… I think the only bastard here is you! Robbing a harmless girl out is quite ruthless, don’t you think? What would have happened, if she was injured?

Kloe: Ashe, please calm down!

Boy: You took everything from me what belongs to me!

Ashe: What!?

Boy: You took everything from me, my house, my family, my life! EVERYTHING! Sniffs

Kloe: …Aww… Little boy, I don’t know what happened, but please tell us your story. I promise we will listen to it and we don’t harm you, alright?

Boy: You are the ones who took everything from me! You work with them!

Kloe: I’m afraid it’s a misunderstanding. We detest any kind of such cruelity. Please I beg you to tell us your story. Otherwise we won’t be able to help you.

Ashe: Yeah, go ahead!

Boy: … You won’t be able to help me anyways… but whatever… fine. It was a couple of years ago when a group of dark and masked people broke into our house. ... They threatened us with weapons... but my mother refused to hand over our goods. ... Then one of the blackmen hit her on the head and she fell down on the ground... and her head hit the stone floor. ... She did........ not move... NOT MOVE. My sister and me watch that up close. The blackmen said: The kiddos are helpless and can't do anything, so let's light a fire and go! I tried to move... the body... but I was too weak. I carried my paralysed sister out of the house before the flames could hit us.

Kloe (hugs and holds the boy): ... I'm so sorry for you!

Boy: My mother......... my home......... disapperead.

Kloe: … Who would just do such a horrible thing... especially to a mother with her children nearby!? This is just inhuman!

Ashe: … People who care about their own ego and no one else. 

Kloe: So cruel! By the way what is with your father.

Boy: ... I never met him. Idk... I was alone with my sister. We had no home, no food, no money, NOTHING! The only way to survive is to look for stuff in the rubbish bins… and stealing… thing which belonged to us formerly.

Kloe: So the motive of stealing just to keep your sister alive, right?

Boy: Yeah, she's the only person left in my life and I want to grant her as less painful situation as possible.

Kloe: I see, and seriously I envy you! You took all your burdens on your shoulders just to protect your little sister. 

Ashe: Yeah, I understand your desperate situation. But it’s no justification to use that cruelty to rob out a little girl and being that selfish and don’t even give a little thing about her. Do you know what could have happened?

Boy: … I’m sorry, Miss!

Kloe: Ashe, it’s fine. I’m ok! I think it’s the best to go back to your sister and give the bag with some mushrooms to her! It should be enough for a little meal.

Ashe: Wait Kloe, are you sure?

Kloe: Yes, I am! The boy did very little and needs everything he can get to care his sister and himself. I wished I could do more, but I hope that bag of food is enough for you.

Boy: … WOW! Thank you, Miss! I’m sorry what I did and said to you! You’re not a bad person!

Kloe: Hihi, it makes me happy to hear that! Just have a good meal and take care of your sister and yourself! If you need something again, please feel free to come back to us at any time.

Boy: Alright… thank you very much!

The boy leaves.

Ashe: Hahaha… Why does this feel all so familiar for me…

Kloe: Ashe? You're looking so pale now!

Ashe: Oh Kloe… umm... it's nothing… just let’s head back to the monastery…

Kloe: ...

Ashe getting some flashbacks to his own childhood. That's a really good topic to build a support on. Nice job!

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hasn't it been proven that you can literally solo all of Sacred Stones with just Seth? Or is that just an exaggerated meme? I never verified.

Nah, it's a proven fact, Seth is broken in a game where enemies have 10 and below in pretty much all stats for more than half the game.

Also, I think it's funny how nowadays FE games always take ideas from the older ones. Maybe because they had pretty good ideas? Just my opinion, I guess.

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ashe getting some flashbacks to his own childhood. That's a really good topic to build a support on. Nice job!

Thanks!

It's up now.

If someone has a Fire Emblem sprite of a generic boy (favored Three Houses), I would glady take it!

Edited by Falcom Knight

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

But I think it's fair to say that sometimes, major changes in both the aspects of the product as well as the leadership overseeing it are required to keep a series going.

Agreed. And of course, whether or not everyone likes the changes is a different matter. And then you get the extremes of "this series should've ended instead of going on".......though i suppose there are certain circumstances where that's true.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, I think it's funny how nowadays FE games always take ideas from the older ones. Maybe because they had pretty good ideas? Just my opinion, I guess.

They had some good ideas back then but not all were executed well.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Skills, Leadership, Limitless trading, and that's just the tip of the iceberg, really, but those things are big, mostly skills. Well, that depends on your definition of "poorly executed".

Are newer games any better for being an unbalanced mess? I personally don't think so. But FE is boring without things like skills.

Edited by lightcosmo

Basically my description of FE5. 

Some mechanics like fatigue needs fixing.

Still this game is the basics of modern FE games, so that's why I honor and thank this game so much!

Edited by Falcom Knight

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Leadership

What was the actual point of this anyway?

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Are newer games any better for being an unbalanced mess? I personally don't think so.

I think it's impossible to make a perfectly balanced FE game but the newer take stuff from the older games and refine them significantly. 

The transition from Skills to Combat Arts is one of the best things the series have ever done, for example.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What was the actual point of this anyway?

I think it's impossible to make a perfectly balanced FE game but the newer take stuff from the older games and refine them significantly. 

The transition from Skills to Combat Arts is one of the best things the series have ever done, for example.

Adding +15 hit and evade to the team is a lot nicer than it sounds, trust me. every star gives +5 hit and evade, which matters.

But 3H has holy blood, only nerfed, along with Holy weapons, only nerfed. And what did that fix? The game is stuff broken by things like flying units.

I personally don't like the combat arts because they are too reliable. Using basic attack or Double Lion? Easy choice.

Edited by lightcosmo